Progressed ascendant

Discover

Hi everyone,
what can one expect when a progressed ascendant changes signs? Mine is a few seconds away from going into gemini (2nd house), after having spent many years in Taurus. My natal mercury is in the 7th house (in Scorpio) and my fifth and house is ruled by Virgo.
Thanking you in advance for any valuable input.

Draco

what can one expect when a progressed ascendant changes signs?

Unfortunately, perhaps nothing at all. I was expecting some transformation to occur when my ascendant progressed from Pisces to Aries, and yet nothing.

However, it is good to know that a phase in my life for knotting loose ends and drawing thing to a close is over, and now I have progressed to a stage of initiating new projects and emerging as someone new.

I think that if the progressed ascendant is making aspects or conjunctions to the angles or the luminaries of your chart, and the transiting planets are in turn aspecting the progressed ascendant, something will happen. Otherwise, it'll just be like a change of mood, no dramas to mark the occasion.

Sag Moon

I shall have my Prog Asc hit Uranus in Leo in a few years and I expect that it might signal a heart condition at that time.Even the transits look tough when that conjunction occur's.

I did notice that when progressed planets hit angles you will notice change more than prog angles changing signs.

unukalhai

One should also consider how the new progressed sign stands in the chart, and how it's ruler is placed. If, for example, you have Mercury placed weakly, and you don't take on the nature of Mercury or Gemini much at all, the progression might not be very strong. However, if you are "Hermes incarnate" and identify strongly with Mercury and have a strongly placed Mercury and/or prominent placements in Gemini, possibly the progression will help accentuate the qualities and you might notice it alot more! What about the elements? Is air strong in your chart? If so, progressing to an air sign might be alot more notable.

As always, you can't take anything alone, consider the whole chart.

A friend of mine had her Sun do the Tau->Gem progression last year. She has definitely become more restless, and is starting to break out of her "comfort zone" (a very Taurean thing) and is considering new professions and has indicated more than once a desire to learn new things and expand her mind (very much like a Gemini!) -- She's only into the 2nd degree of Gemini now, so we'll see how it plays out. I'm guessing a Solar progression will be much more notable, especially from an outside viewpoint. However, if you experience similar things, don't be too surprised. The ascendant focuses the experiences of the chart, so if you find yourself on the Gemini bandwagon of experiences, roll with it...

I will agree the progressed angles contacting planets is really powerful, especially in tandem with other indicating factors. For me, Uranus showed this. My introduction to astrology came along with my MC progressing to Uranus, and basically my whole being took on a strongly Uranian tone with this progression. I'm also about to have my ASC progress from Cap->Aqu. With Uranus ruling Aquarius, it's hard to say what's attributed to the ascendant progression and the MC/Uranus progression, and what has to do with Uranus entering my 3rd house of "everyday thought" -- All I can say is the transits of the past few years have "Uranianized" me, lol.

It's been a fun ride, and I'm hoping for another ride on the Uranian rollercoaster as my ASC flips this year. :D

I guess I'll be a Neptunian in my old age... In about 30 years my ASC progresses to Pisces while my MC progresses to Neptune. Hopefully then I will gain some psychic/intuitional ability and not as nasty ailment/infection leading to my dissolution <giggle> -- you can bet I'll be watching my health around that time, especially with Neptune in my 12th!

tikana

Hi

pro asce does bring external personality changes

my pro asce got into Virgo when i was 7. I was in 2nd grade or something along those lines. I must say that my personality did change and i must blame it on school and pro chart. I was normal before but when i ht 7, school spoled me.

Tik

Sag Moon

It usually bring's attention from external forces. Your career might change or be recognized. Attention might come your way either positive or negative in nature.Or else you goals might change as to the direction your career is going.

Discover

Thank you Sag Moon,
That makes sense since it is around that time that I plan to quit my current job, and join a new company. My progressed midheaven is in my 11th house (of pisces) and that's where I've been hit by the last eclipses. The job I'm in is to offer community based counseling services, which very nicely fits in with the house and sign position.
I'm wondering if it would affect my personal hopes and wishes, since 11 house matters also entail that aspect. If so, would this aspect support my personal hopes and wishes?

Taurluna

My progressed recently changed signs from Pieces to Aries, in addition my progressed Venus was also getting ready to change signs which is also conj my progressed Asc. What's more interesting, I had my progressed IC and MC changing signs as well...all at the same time!!! Let me tell you, I noticed a big change. I fell back in love with my first love, I became more assertive and confident and finally got the courage to end an abusive marriage.

Draco

I was expecting some transformation to occur when my ascendant progressed from Pisces to Aries, and yet nothing.

In actual fact I now know this not to be the case. My ascendant is yet to progress to Aries.

A band that I had worn on my wrist after birth has recently been discovered, and it has written on it my birth time to the minute, taking my birth time from an 'A' rating to a 'AA'.

There isn't much change to the chart given the new data, but my progressed ascendant is still at the end of Pisces and won't move to Aries until late in the year.

Sag Moon

Discover said:
Thank you Sag Moon,
That makes sense since it is around that time that I plan to quit my current job, and join a new company. My progressed midheaven is in my 11th house (of pisces) and that's where I've been hit by the last eclipses. The job I'm in is to offer community based counseling services, which very nicely fits in with the house and sign position.
I'm wondering if it would affect my personal hopes and wishes, since 11 house matters also entail that aspect. If so, would this aspect support my personal hopes and wishes?

I have my MC progressing to the 11th and unless there is a conjunction then things generally remain the same.

Discover

Hi Sag Moon,
transiting north node will be crossing my progressed midheaven very soon...would that cause some kind of an effect? (in the 11th house)

Sag Moon

Some experience a reorientation of their career while others bring about public awareness from otehrs for good or bad.

I at present am having transiting NN about to come in contact with my Natal MC.

Natally If one has NN in the 9th clost to the MC they usually gain some sort of public recognition.

Those born with NN conjunct Moon seem to get recognized or find themselves in the public light more than others.

None of this I am saying refers to fame which is another set of factors all together and which the whole chart needs to be looked at.

Taurluna

Draco, what I have learned and experienced as far as progressed Asc go is that the year your prog. Asc is at 29 degrees of any sign (also known as a critial degree) your start to feel a shift from within. I believe it's more like an unfoldment. You start to take on characteristics of the new sign rushing in, but it happens gradually. Out with the old, in with the new. There was no major event the day mine went exact. All I can say from my experience is that I really changed. I wasn't passive, quiet or a submissive doormat anymore. I started to stick up for myself and became more assertive. People around me could see the changes taking place within me, and not everyone liked who I was becoming...they said they didn't know me anymore. In fact, I can honestly say I didn't know myself either all that well. I guess I was having an identity crisis, which makes perfect sense. I was confussed (pieces) about what I was becoming. As time went on, it became more clear and less confussing. I'm settling in to my new progressed Asc in Aries (by the way, I have an Sun in Aries...maybe that why I'm really enjoying the new me). Next March/April, my progressed Asc will conj my natal Sun :) Looking forward to that!!!

eonechoes

I'm happy I did a quick search in here before posting my "new" thread "Progressed Ascendant", lol.

Mine is progressing for the first time around end Sept/early Oct - from Gemini to Cancer. I'm not completely sure what to expect. People already think for some reason that I'm a good person to come to with their problems, which poses problems for my Gemini Moon that makes me come to a mental standstill when someone is upset (the old "when can I make a joke?" issue). It's not that I don't care - believe me, the Pisces makes me feel super guilty when I think I've made said joke too early. ;)

This, however, means that my Dsc is about to go into Capricorn. I feel like I'm already feeling the effects of this as I used to be more flippant about my partners (dated from 13-17 non-stop basically :D) and now haven't been in a relationship for over a year (I'm 18, not like it hurts to focus on school) because I don't want to be involved if I don't see going anywhere. :D

Though I am wondering what two upcoming things mean - my Asc and Dsc are about to make conjunctions when they switch signs (I'm not big on out-of-sign aspects)... Asc will be 1 degree from Chiron and Dsc will be 5 degrees from Uranus. I personally am not a huge fan of Uranus - what have people experienced with it on the Dsc? Or is this not considered a conjunction yet? I'm not familiar with progressed orbs.

With all of that complaining aside, I've gotta say I'm lucky to have my Sun, Merc and Ven in the 10th during my college years.

Taurluna

What are you studing in college? Just curious with Chiron on your progressed asc. Uranus is still too far to be considered a conj with the prog dsc. the prog asc moves about 2 degress/year. The prog asc/dsc usually involves a relationship. My guess is you very well could meet someone new that has a healing affect on you personally, or you for him. He will most likely be a bit older, mature, sucessful, (Saturn quilities)...or you will meet someone and want the relationship to be serious...or like you said, only interested in having a serious relationship. Look for surprizing events when Uranus gets much closer to the dsc...within a degree. Is your prog Venus conj natal Sun or vice versa? Often a time of love/marriage.

eonechoes

Taurluna said:
What are you studing in college? Just curious with Chiron on your progressed asc.

I'm taking Japanese and Algebra this semester, next semester will be those two and Comp 101 but I am not working on anything I intend on using in my degree. I'll start my degree in 2009 after I gain residency in California. My degree will be in Communication Studies (if I get into UCLA) or Journalism (if I have to go to my back-up college, CSU Fullerton.) I want to be a journalist.

Taurluna said:
Uranus is still too far to be considered a conj with the prog dsc. the prog asc moves about 2 degress/year.

Okay, that makes sense - 5 degrees did seem like quite a lot considering how long it would take for the Dsc to get to it.

Taurluna said:
The prog asc/dsc usually involves a relationship. My guess is you very well could meet someone new that has a healing affect on you personally, or you for him. He will most likely be a bit older, mature, sucessful, (Saturn quilities)...or you will meet someone and want the relationship to be serious...or like you said, only interested in having a serious relationship. Look for surprizing events when Uranus gets much closer to the dsc...within a degree. Is your prog Venus conj natal Sun or vice versa? Often a time of love/marriage.

My natal and progressed (for my whole life thusfar) Venus and Sun are conjunct. They're also conjunct Mercury right now.

This sounds awfully exciting! :D I hope it all works out nicely.

Thank you very much for your help Taurluna! :)

Taurluna

I haven't seen your natal chart, however...if what your saying is true about Venus and your Sun, then you must have been born with a Venus retrograde, or born within weeks of one. What's your birth data? I imagine your very beautiful...people born with Venus conj Sun are beautiful people indeed :D

eonechoes

Taurluna said:
I haven't seen your natal chart, however...if what your saying is true about Venus and your Sun, then you must have been born with a Venus retrograde, or born within weeks of one. What's your birth data? I imagine your very beautiful...people born with Venus conj Sun are beautiful people indeed :D

I'd like to think so! :D It's not a tight conjunction (6 degrees natally) but Venus was moving faster than my Sun at the time and has thusfar only gained 5 degrees on it.

Natal: http://thousandfoldworks.com/Shannon.BMP
Progressed: http://thousandfoldworks.com/ProgShannon.BMP