Can the same question be posed repeatedly

Themis

hi, i was wondering whether a horary question could be posed more than once. i was excercising a question, it turned out that the ASC is at 1 degree of the sign, so accordingly, the question "might be too early to be asked". then i wonder whether i should ask about it for the second time later since i really want to know about the answer. but i know that in other arts like Tarot a repeated question might not be as exact as the first-posed one. Or rather, could I just overlook this consideration of early ASC and judge my question nevertheless? what do you think of this? i know i am still overshadowed by the "considerations" but i want to know whether you judge such a question or you pose it another time. thanks for your inputs. best:D

pwadm

Staff member
Recently I received a horary question and the chart had early ASC rising. I went on to judge the chart but I told the querent that "First thing I noticed in the chart was the so called early Ascendant, an element possibly indicating in this case that the question was asked in a hurry or is undeveloped in some way. I hardly see how this could be possible since [...] "

After some talk, I found out that the person had already asked another horary astrologer the same question only a few days earlier, but she didn't receive the result yet at that time.

I answered: "So this is what the earlier ASC means in this case! Traditional sources tell that the early ASC indicates the chart not to be trusted as the querent has been "tampering with" the question, by asking other astrologers, and has "come to try" the astrologer. Not that I would believe that, I don't take those ideas for granted, but this is a matter I should know more about and we should address. I would like to know if the previous horary question was targeted at the same question, please offer more details on that.
Horary is said to work best for the first time a question is asked, the more questions are asked on the same subject, the more dilluted and less targeted the chart indications."
[...]
"This is how I view this: horary works by accumulation of some form of energy which is discharged during the asking the question process. The second time you asked, the early ASC indicates that the question charging process was incomplete, hence the secondary horary chart is of secondary importance, due to your asking the same question previously.
What I'm trying to say is that we should refer to the first chart for most accurate results."

Then she gave me the original chart data, which was quite clear. The second horary chart indicated quite the same event but without all helpful indications, that would help delineate the chart, BUT offered good insight on the secondary question that was also asked.

What I'm implying is that horary does work by some informational energy discharge at the moment of a question (so-called horary moment), any further inquiries resulting in horary charts void of clear interpretation elements for that specifically phrased question. This idea is forged based on this eloquent experience with this querent/question and the general understanding of how horary works. If anyone has some more examples, that would be of great help in better understanding this issue.

Themis

Radu said:
I answered: "So this is what the earlier ASC means in this case! Traditional sources tell that the early ASC indicates the chart not to be trusted as the querent has been "tampering with" the question, by asking other astrologers, and has "come to try" the astrologer.

Hi Radu, thank you so much for the rapid response. i have to say that after reading what you wrote, i felt chilled in the back and all my hair stood up...I think i did "tample with" the question. i was in my car running on highway when this question popped up "will i finally have this luxury handbag?" i was going to the annual big sale and i had dreamt of a brand handbag for long time. the problem is that when i was in the car, i did not know the exact position of the question, so i kept this question in my minds and posed it officially when i arrived at my destination--a big city so that i could check out the answer at home. so both the time and place were not really the first exact moment of the question---but thinking that i kept this handbag in my minds strongly an horary should have worked still...My God! i think that's why i had the 1° ASC! now i am thinking maybe it's just stupid to pose a horary in the running car! now it's impossible to know when and where i firstly pose the question precisely so i can't offer the first horary info. I finally did not have the handbag since the boutique was crowed with Japanese tourists and i could not even approached the shop door! i will try to pose it second time for the next trip of sale, this time at home to see how it will work out! thanks Radu for this explaination, i think i got mesmerized by horary now...:p

I read somewhere that an early ascendant means that there has been some recent changes in regards to the question. Has anyone else heard this?

Summery Joy

virgo96019 said:
I read somewhere that an early ascendant means that there has been some recent changes in regards to the question. Has anyone else heard this?
Not quite, virgo96019. But I did hear that an early ASC may indicate changes coming soon in the situation queried about.

Radu, wonderful post. Thank you for sharing.

Themis

thanks Radu for this article. now after this experience i tend to believe that even though any question judgeable, we might take more precaution with such questions since early ASC might be a signal from the divin that there is some special "hidings" in a question. :D