Sidereal Astrology is More Accurate

Culpeper

Premium Member
You know sidereal does not take the Great Year into account. Lots of astro-information is actually missing without that.

Rebel Uranian

You know sidereal does not take the Great Year into account. Lots of astro-information is actually missing without that.

The Great Year actually is sidereal. The Great Year is based on the position of the spring equinox point within a given constellation that crosses the ecliptic. In tropical astrology, the spring equinox point is always 0* Aries (or 8* or 10* Aries depending on who you are,) which means we are living in an eternal Age of Aries in tropical.

Last edited:

retinoid

I never identified with sidereal signs and do not see the people I know intimately through the sidereal system...but it is an important question since it is really important for the signs to be correct for predictions to work well...dr farr said he believes that tropical signs are more accurate. Who knows...

JUPITERASC

There are Western Sidereal Astrologers - eg Cyril Fagan http://www.westernsiderealastrology.com/cyrilfagan/cyrilfagan.asp and here's another website that refers to Cyril Fagan http://www.eclipses.biz/ancient_mistake.html

Vedic is sidereal and has a reputation for accuracy
:smile:

QUOTE: HOT TOPICS IN ASTROLOGY http://www.mybirthchart.com/hotfaq.aspx

"There are two zodiacs. The Sidereal zodiac is a physical reality depicting commonly acknowledged pictures made up of groups of stars used by astronomers, Vedic and Sidereal astrologers.

The Tropical zodiac is a mathematical construct used by astrologers only.

Most people in the Western Hemisphere think of their astrological signs based on the Tropical zodiac, which is a math-only based system of division with the zero point starting at the Vernal Equinox. On March 20, 2004 when the Sun crosses the ecliptic, it’s the first day of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. New babies born on the following day will be told that they have an Aries Sun sign. And they will Tropically. All the Tropical astrologers will mark out the 12 signs, Aries to Pisces, 30 degrees each, from that point in space.

If you could see where the Sun actually was, you would see it in the 7th degree of the constellation Pisces. Sidereal Astrologers use the physical Zodiac which consists of 12 constellations. So if you were born on March 20 or 21, the Sun is physically in the Sign Pisces, not the constellation Aries.

What does this mean to you? Well, it might explain why you weren’t like all those other “Aries” born at the end of the month. But then again, you could have other planets in Aries that gives you the giddy-up that we associate with Aries. You need to see your birth chart to know how many planets are in each constellation. Look at both and see for yourself which makes more sense to you"

Rebel Uranian

Sidereal makes more sense to me because it puts my Moon in Gemini, Sun in Capricorn, and it gives me final dispositors of Saturn in Pisces and Jupiter in Capricorn. Jupiter is combust (and I think peregrine but I'll have to check) and Saturn is in its face, so Saturn is the stronger of the two. Mars is in Hayz rather than Venus. According to Hellenistic methods, in tropical I'm all Moon and Venus but in sidereal I'm all Mercury. That's a little too much Mercury for how little I can have to say sometimes (I even have on-forum examples :innocent:) but it's more sensical than the Moon and Venus and I don't use fully Hellenistic methods anyways.

Raquel

Most of human beings want to believe in something that's not real just because they are used to it.
Maybe the lack of self counsciousness leads to a dogmatic position.

Most of us, grew up, hearing about tropical zodiac... than, today, most of us can't see themselves with another "profile".

We must consider the whole chart. Maybe that would make more sense.

I'm a Libra in tropical, and a Virgo in Sidereal... sure, I know more about libra than about virgo, sure I like more the Librian ways... but thinking right and in the deep of myself... I'm very very Virgo.
I'm a Leo Rising in tropical and Cancer in sidereal... sure, I want to believe that I'm magnanimous, that I'm the queen of the party, the social beast... but unfortunatelly, I'm nothing of that... I'm generous yes, kind yes, but I'm a loner, I'm not so social, I'm shy... anxious and depressive, and I show that. I can't say that I'm FINE when I'm feeling ****. I'm lazzy, but in certain occasions I can be very vain too, but who's not?
I'm a Pisces moon in both...

Just an example

Choe

What's really absurd to me is that astrology uses the geocentric theory, sidereal or tropical whatever,the astronomical truth is that heliocentric theory is the science,and yet astrology is based on geocentric! That's the whole comedy.

I'm not sure though, maybe Vedics or other astrologies use heliocentric?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

What's really absurd to me is that astrology uses the geocentric theory, sidereal or tropical whatever,the astronomical truth is that heliocentric theory is the science,and yet astrology is based on geocentric! That's the whole comedy.

There are other astrologies that use Heliocentric Choe and a free heliocentric chart is offered to anyone interested at this website
http://www.heliocentric-astrology.com/index.html :smile:

Moog

I don't think it's absurd. Just because there is a heliocentric perspective, it doesn't make my own perspective irrelevant.

Moog

According to Hellenistic methods, in tropical I'm all Moon and Venus but in sidereal I'm all Mercury. That's a little too much Mercury for how little I can have to say sometimes (I even have on-forum examples :innocent:)

You've managed 1 and a half k + posts since august! Long ones! Mine are like, one line or maybe two if I'm feeling energetic.

but it's more sensical than the Moon and Venus and I don't use fully Hellenistic methods anyways.

Hey, you stole my word :biggrin:

Anyway, I think you might have Cancer Moon Denial Syndrome (CMSD)

Rebel Uranian

You've managed 1 and a half k + posts since august! Long ones! Mine are like, one line or maybe two if I'm feeling energetic.

I'm practicing typing. I'm also sort of ashamed of it.

Hey, you stole my word :biggrin:

Anyway, I think you might have Cancer Moon Denial Syndrome (CMSD)

I thought I invented the word, but oh well, all the "great minds" come up with the same things as each others too.

The Moon doesn't rule denial, no matter what sign it's in. And it's not just my Moon that I have a problem with. It's my Mars in Libra, my Saturn in Aries, and my Sun in Aquarius. Primarily the problem is the malefics being essentially debilitated, but the Moon not dispositing to any other sign is also a major problem. In sidereal, everything disposits nicely to Saturn in Pisces and Jupiter in Capricorn. Saturn is happy in Pisces (the part it's in,) Jupiter isn't happy in Capricorn (anywhere, especially when combusted.)

@The whole heliocentric thing - The Earth isn't the center of the Universe, but the Sun isn't the center of the Universe either. Anywhere is the center of the universe from a non-inertial reference point.

@The people who think sidereal works better - Thank you for showing up and showing that I'm not the only one who agrees with the title.

Last edited:

Moog

I thought I invented the word, but oh well, all the "great minds" come up with the same things as each others too.

Do you also say 'logible'? :smile:

@The whole heliocentric thing - The Earth isn't the center of the Universe, but the Sun isn't the center of the Universe either. Anywhere is the center of the universe from a non-inertial reference point.

Exackly

Choe

Wait! Are you aware that the geocentric method presumes that the Sun circulates around the Earth? You can't compare the Sun and the Earth like you did, because the Sun is statical.