Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Old Astrology Books

I was on Kobo's website a few months ago, and thought I'd hit the motherload. They have a bunch of really old Astrology books on there available to download for free. Authors like William Lilly, Raphael,Max Heindel,Alan Leo and others. The problem is that they were digitized by Google, who did a terrible job. For instance, when they translated the astrological glyphs, it just looks like a lot of nonsense( ]J for the moon, S for Leo, @ for the sun, etc). So it gets pretty confusing.It's possible to sort it out, but takes more patience than I have. Some of the text is garbled in the same way. My question is, does anyone know how I could get hold of these from another source? They're not even on Gutenburg or Manybooks. Alot of them seem like real treasures,I think a lot of people on here would be interested in downloading them if they were a bit easier to read.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:53 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Re: Old Astrology Books

yeah install astrological symbol font. that should fix the problems
Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrah View Post
I was on Kobo's website a few months ago, and thought I'd hit the motherload. They have a bunch of really old Astrology books on there available to download for free. Authors like William Lilly, Raphael,Max Heindel,Alan Leo and others. The problem is that they were digitized by Google, who did a terrible job. For instance, when they translated the astrological glyphs, it just looks like a lot of nonsense( ]J for the moon, S for Leo, @ for the sun, etc). So it gets pretty confusing.It's possible to sort it out, but takes more patience than I have. Some of the text is garbled in the same way. My question is, does anyone know how I could get hold of these from another source? They're not even on Gutenburg or Manybooks. Alot of them seem like real treasures,I think a lot of people on here would be interested in downloading them if they were a bit easier to read.
link to "An Annotated Lilly - Christian Astrology re-typed, reset and annotated by Deborah Houlding Volume 1" http://www.skyscript.co.uk/CA.html
and
Vettius Valens entire pdf http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Old 10-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Just the kind of stuff I've been looking for.Thanks Tikana, Jupiterasc, and Chispas.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:43 PM

Hazel

did it work?
did you find the font?

T
Old 10-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Hi Tikana. No, I haven't had time to do that as yet. Don't even know where to look. I wonder would it translate to my e reader correctly that way?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:10 PM

hang on a sec

I think i know where ot get it

yeah you will see all astro glyphs with ease

try this http://www.fontspace.com/cosmorama/astro

if that doesnt work lemme know i will upload mine

is this on handheld reader or on your PC/Mac?

T

Last edited by tikana; 10-08-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Tags
astrology, books