What's my calling (Vocation advice)?

Moog

I notice that people ask to have their charts read here. I have been learning to read my own, but I think it could be incredibly valuable to have some more experienced astrologers look over my chart.

One thing I've always had problems with is knowing what I should be doing with my life. I've been drifting around a long, long time. If there's one thing I'd really like to know, it's that.

I have a vague plan to make counselling into some kind of career. Psychology is a strong interest, and I really enjoy working out how people tick (including myself) and perhaps working out how they can tick better. Healing seems to be something that draws me.

I appreciate you looking!

Last edited:

Inconjunct

Your MC, Sun and Moon are all in Virgo. As Virgo is the sign of service to others, it's not surprising to find you are attracted to counselling. Finding out "how things tick" is very Virgoan. Your Moon here could indicate that the way you nurture people is by serving them, by looking out for their health and wellbeing, and the conjunction with Saturn, in its most positive interpretation, could be seen as a need to make real and concrete that nurturing. Counselling would be one way to do so. Mars in Cancer again indicates a drive to nurture others so it seems clear to me that your chart is pointing you in the direction of counselling (although it equally works for any healthcare profession)

Jupiter indicates how we expand our life, where and how, your jupiter is unaspected.
unspected planets
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://www.innerself.com/Astrology/unaspected.htm
http://classiclegendbooks.com/martinschulman-astrology-articles-17-unaspected-planets-1.html
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-unaspectedplanets.htm
http://www.donmc.com/Unaspected.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/unaspected/unaspected.htm
http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/dde3467b-df04-4a45-94c8-7aeb8e91e741

saturn conj MC will delay matters until maturity at least past first saturn return 28ish...
Neptune square MC is also a challenge and shows much confusions, delusions and illusions..

I have a vague plan to make counselling into some kind of career. Psychology is a strong interest, and I really enjoy working out how people tick (including myself) and perhaps working out how they can tick better. Healing seems to be something that draws me.
N Node can show life's *lessons* and what you are here to learn, but that doesn't always mean work/career to pay the bills. Now in Virgo (which is a worrier) if focused on details, details and details. Very anlytical but likes to work behind the scenes

Your stellium in 11th house shows your main focus ie: friends, groups and large organisations

stelliums in houses
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080418162943AA1TzLE
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/stellium_grandquintile.shtml
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33102
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

saturn conj moon shows you are able to endure financial hardships (as mother did in your childhood) and a cautious emotional nature. Do you find yourself attracted to older men

Now Libra can be incredibly restless, procrastinating and indecisive, in fact I have a saying specially for them. "I used to be indecisive, now I can't make my mind up"

Neptune square saturn, shows a propensity towards dark thoughts expression, poss having your dreams aspirations crushed in early childhood and also give a 'fear of the unknown'
Neptune in Square to Midheaven
Without a firm sense of who you are and where you're headed, you may be subject to more than your share of downtime career-wise. You may find yourself a target for deceptive career schemes and false promises. Some of this can be avoided by getting into some serious career counseling and making whatever effort necessary to become knowledgeable in your chosen field. Your biggest challenge may be to avoid getting sidetracked by doubts about your choices.

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectsneptune.htm
You don't have to compromise your search for your ideal life's work. You'll just have to make some focused efforts in order to achieve it. Consider some of the following career potentials: acting, any of the helping professions, working as a healer, undercover agent, psychologist, or in the arts (music, singing, dancing, painting), psychic channeling, anything connected to the sea, writing novels, or working in the field of chemistry and pharmaceuticals.

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectsneptune.htm

Moog

Jupiter indicates how we expand our life, where and how, your jupiter is unaspected.

Ah, this is new to me. Thank you for noticing that, and for the fantastic learning resources.

saturn conj MC will delay matters until maturity at least past first saturn return 28ish...
Neptune square MC is also a challenge and shows much confusions, delusions and illusions..
Check and check... Saturn return came and went: so I can hopefully get started now? Meditation seems to help with the delusions.

N Node can show life's *lessons* and what you are here to learn, but that doesn't always mean work/career to pay the bills. Now in Virgo (which is a worrier) if focused on details, details and details. Very anlytical but likes to work behind the scenes

Your stellium in 11th house shows your main focus ie: friends, groups and large organisations
I'm attracted to groups and I seem to find myself getting into positions of, not power, but authority or support within them.

Again, thank you for the information about stelliums.

saturn conj moon shows you are able to endure financial hardships (as mother did in your childhood) and a cautious emotional nature.
That's handy, cos I've never had much money. :lol:

Do you find yourself attracted to older men
I'm a straight man, so no... :smile: But as friends, maybe? I've always found it hard to relate to people my own age.

Now Libra can be incredibly restless, procrastinating and indecisive, in fact I have a saying specially for them. "I used to be indecisive, now I can't make my mind up"
I make procrastination into an art...

Neptune square saturn, shows a propensity towards dark thoughts expression, poss having your dreams aspirations crushed in early childhood and also give a 'fear of the unknown'
Oh yes.

Moog

Your MC, Sun and Moon are all in Virgo. As Virgo is the sign of service to others, it's not surprising to find you are attracted to counselling. Finding out "how things tick" is very Virgoan. Your Moon here could indicate that the way you nurture people is by serving them, by looking out for their health and wellbeing, and the conjunction with Saturn, in its most positive interpretation, could be seen as a need to make real and concrete that nurturing. Counselling would be one way to do so. Mars in Cancer again indicates a drive to nurture others so it seems clear to me that your chart is pointing you in the direction of counselling (although it equally works for any healthcare profession)

Thanks for that, Inconjunct. :smile: Rings a few bells.

JUPITERASC

also consider the house Mercury occupies (Mercury rules Virgo), in this case Mercury is in the 11th house of friendship and in Libra (ruled by the social planet Venus) and accompanied by a Stellium. You could be attracted to work that is busy, somehow sociable and friendly in an organising capacity. Your sun being so close to your Midheaven indicates that you somehow 'shine' in relation to your career and that your career is very much linked with your sense of 'self'...in this case Sun in Virgo and as Inconjunct already pointed out, implies a need to somehow be of service to others (that's just my own interpretation and not a copy and paste from elsewhere but I'm no expert :smile: )

Last edited:

waybread

Moog, you don't mention what is your education and work experience to date, but these would be helpful to know. Just for example, if someone would be a brilliant doctor, but is a middle-age high school drop out, the first step would be to acquire the education sufficient to at least do something in the health services field.

Speaking of which, you would probably do well with health services (Virgo) management/administration (10th house ruler in the 10th).

Moog

also consider the house Mercury occupies (Mercury rules Virgo), in this case Mercury is in the 11th house of friendship and in Libra (ruled by the social planet Venus) and accompanied by a Stellium. You could be attracted to work that is busy, somehow sociable and friendly in an organising capacity. Your sun being so close to your Midheaven indicates that you somehow 'shine' in relation to your career and that your career is very much linked with your sense of 'self'...in this case Sun in Virgo and as Inconjunct already pointed out, implies a need to somehow be of service to others (that's just my own interpretation and not a copy and paste from elsewhere but I'm no expert :smile: )

That's very interesting. I recently found myself moderating a web forum, which involves quite a bit of busy, sociable, organizing work.

Moog

Moog, you don't mention what is your education and work experience to date, but these would be helpful to know. Just for example, if someone would be a brilliant doctor, but is a middle-age high school drop out, the first step would be to acquire the education sufficient to at least do something in the health services field.

Sure. Well, I didn't do too well at school, and left with pretty poor qualifications, though I did accidentally do well at languages.

After bumming around a bit, I returned to college and got a qualification in sound engineering, which was a bit useless. After a failed attempt at being a freelance programmer/engineer, I pretty much gave it up.

Speaking of which, you would probably do well with health services (Virgo) management/administration (10th house ruler in the 10th).

Management/admin eh? Well I'll be blowed!

waybread

Moog, just reading what you write, it seems as though the problem isn't so much the "what" of your career, but more the "how" of your approach to it. You actually have one of the easier charts I've seen, but it does have that square from Neptune to your MC, Saturn, and Moon. Neptune tends to dissolve or erase what it touches, and it may be hard for you to retain clear, realistic, and fixed ideas about your vocation.

If this is the issue, then someone handing you your dream job title won't really fix the problem for you, because you won't necessarily want to stiffen your resolve to the point of seriously going after it.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking.....

Really, the best use of Neptune is to develop a healthy spirituality.

Moog

Moog, just reading what you write, it seems as though the problem isn't so much the "what" of your career, but more the "how" of your approach to it. You actually have one of the easier charts I've seen, but it does have that square from Neptune to your MC, Saturn, and Moon. Neptune tends to dissolve or erase what it touches, and it may be hard for you to retain clear, realistic, and fixed ideas about your vocation.

By easier charts, do you mean, not too challenging? I have noticed that I seem to have a few less squares and oppositions than most people who's charts I've looked at.

I believe I may have undiagnosed ADD or something like that, would that have any marker in the chart? I have an innate talent for getting distracted, and I find myself pursuing daft pointless things rather than doing something that could get me somewhere.

If this is the issue, then someone handing you your dream job title won't really fix the problem for you, because you won't necessarily want to stiffen your resolve to the point of seriously going after it.
I think in recent years things have been getting better. I've been consistent about following a few things in the last couple years or so. Buddhism, Aikido, Astrology... these are things I've stuck with.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking.....
Ha! Thanks for the reminder... :biggrin:

Really, the best use of Neptune is to develop a healthy spirituality
Well, I got into Buddhism and meditation about 5 years back or so, and that's really helped turn my life around.

Cheers for your input!