New in astrology - please read my chart, thanks!

Weezerd

Hi everyone!

I'm just getting into astrology, because I believe I have a few things to understand, a few lessons to learn. And I hope and think that astrology might help me on this.

So, here's a short story about me. I consider myself to have been a pretty lucky person through most of my life. I've had success in my studies/career, I live with a wonderful girlfriend and my health is good (even though I had to fight against cancer 2 years ago... but then again, the "fight" went pretty well, so I consider that to be some kind of luck too).

But there's one thing that's not been going well lately, and it's my poker career (important note : please refrain from judging serious poker players. Poker is mostly a game of skill. Picture it as a chess game with some short term luck factor. So please don't picture me like a drunk guy whinning about his bad luck at the slot machines :).

I've been working on my game a lot, but everytime I seem to improve my game, I seem to get struck but some incredibly bad luck, over and over. I came to beleive that maybe my destity keeps me from having success in that area of my life ? It's pretty much the first time in my life where I really want to be successful in something, but am unable to. And I'm getting almost obsessed by that. When I get unlucky, I come to ask myself "Why? Why so much bad luck ? Why me ??"

So anyway, that's why I'm getting into astrology.. I'd like to understand some things, and learn some lessons if I need to. Sorry for the long post. And thank you very much for taking time to study my chart! Have a great day!

Dany

Note : yeah, having said all that, I'd like to know what my chart could tell me about luck in poker. Is it gonna get any better some day ? Worst case, should I quit ? :( Thanks.

Attachments

• Dany Fiset's Natal Chart.jpg
    Dany Fiset's Natal Chart.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

R4VEN

There are a couple of quite clear indications on your chart of risk-taking/gambling..............and I am not judging here, as I understand that there are skills involved in poker, but it is a gamble all the same.

You have Mars in the 5th house, which is an indication of someone who likes to take on the world on their own terms, and to express themselves as they see fit.

The most noticeable placement as I see it is that you have Jupiter (often called the Lucky Planet) in Sagittarius, which is its natural sign, and conjunct Neptune (the planet of idealism and dreams) This combination can have you dreaming of outcomes that others would not even consider. This is the `the world is my oyster' placement.
Added to this, Mars and Jupiter are in sextile - a favourable aspect - and this is often considered a fortunate placement for bringing things to you through your own efforts.

Now, your MC (midheaven, which rules career path and public image) is ruled by Neptune (as I have already mentioned is The Dreamer, The Idealist) so your choice of career is not all that surprising.

You have Chiron in the 12th house which allows you to `tune in' to others. The ability to `read' others, then, is a gift you already possess.

As to whether you should or should not pursue this as a career, I am a modern astrologer, and I do not answer questions like this.
Perhaps you can create an horary question, and place this and the horary chart in the beginners horary section.

Weezerd

Thanks R4ven! Pretty impressive I must admit. I think you are right about

So according to you, I have generally favourable aspects to risk-taking/gambling ?

Please note that I don't intend to play poker as a career. But I planned to use poker as a strong "project-starter", providing ressources in conjunction with my actual career (I manage people in a big company). I was simply wondering if poker was the right path for me, or if I should find something else, maybe a 2nd job, etc.

The thing is that my lack of success in poker in the last 18 months is like a failure that I find hard to admit, and I'm ready to a great deal of effort in order to fix that, if bad luck could leave me alone for a while. Thanks a lot for your advice.

LonelyRed

Banned
Hi, you have Sun, albeit widely and out-of-sign, conjunct Neptune, but both are angular. This can lead to many negative things, including the inability to see yourself clearly and the situations you get into, confusion and lack of clarity with how you come across to others, big dreams which aren't grounded, escapist tendencies, addictions, and rose-colored-glasses.

I don't mean to sound negative, but all of this said, I'd stay far, far, far away from gambling, and get a second job. :innocent::innocent: Neptune is in your 6th house, so I'd say pick something that allows you be creative so you don't get bored.

-LR

R4VEN

Weezerd, I think you are assuming that I said you should play poker.

All I said was that I can see why you are attracted to it. You have a gambler's drive to take risks. Your `favourable' aspects are a need to be risk-taking, accompanied by an overly idealistic and abundantly optimistic outlook.

Now, whether it is a good idea or not to be risking money in this way............. Neptune-Jupiter conjunction is one in which you may only be able to se the desired possibilities/outcomes, and with little insight into the negative probabilities.

Put it this way, I would not want to rely on you to play poker with my own money (but to be honest, I would not allow anyone to play paoker using my own money). You have a powerful `can do' nature, but are most likely blinkered to the reality of your own limitations.

Last edited:

LonelyRed

Banned
Thanks LonelyRed for your answer, but I'm not sure I get it right. Aren't you saying the opposite of what r4ven said ?

Hi I think R4VEN answered your question- in a word, "no," as we were both talking about two different aspects of your chart.

I'm saying "don't gamble," and R4VEN said they understood why you would want to, and then in the second explanation, their concerns, if I understand them correctly.

So, we don't contradict, but be forewarned, there may be times when people here do. :surprised:

THAT said, I'm going to say, again, STAY AWAY from gambling. Yes, it is a skill, but a well developed skill cannot make up for the c**p-shoot aspect of it. With your chart, you really must accept that and realize that luck is more powerful than any amount of skill because it is the ultimate say in the game. If luck does look favorably upon you, moreover, you may struggle with staying grounded and remembering that it's just luck.

My grandmother wins every contest and every game that has an element of luck to it. Sure, when she plays poker, or gin, she is never the best out there, but somehow, somehow, the lady wins. Then she smiles and gives us, the onlookers, the money. I think personally, it is her humility and lack of seriousness that allows her to a) have a good time and b) see it for it is, a game. There is NO pressure, she doesn't HAVE to win.

After all, it is just a game, and simply that.

In fact, just like chess, which is also a game, but chess is VERY different.

Both people start out equally, and the only thing which dictates is skill.

Again, with your Sun conjunct Neptune alone, I'd be incredibly careful with "get-rich-quick" anythings, or anything which seem to promise a whole lot without a lot of work (no offense, but winning at poker just isn't the same as being a janitor or a doctor), and things which have element of the divine or a stroke of luck from the "great beyond." Plus, you have a chance of truly "falling from grace," and never getting back to where you were...

-LR

(the confusion you experienced here Weezerd is precisely what I mean by the impact of your Sun conjunct Neptune)

Last edited:

R4VEN

Ironically, that Sun-Neptune conjunction bestows the artist's vision.......... but it is not practical, and and be fooled, and more likely prone to fooling oneself.

I think it also relevant to mention that you have Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus in the sign of Sagittarius. Sagittarius is represented by the archer - one who has long-range vision, but not a lot of day-to-day practicality. The practical, mundane and everyday skills have to be learned. Added to this, Sagittarius is intercepted in the 6th house (where it can take on an everyday, practical expression) so you may not be fully in touch with the limitations of which LonelyRed and I speak. I suspect you can feel this energy and want to express it, but you are not fully aware of the dangers.

The Mars-Jupiter sextile which I mentioned earlier gives you the energy and drive to use this optimistic `vision', but it is in essence a gambler's optimism, rather than the poker player's skill. With Neptune so strongly in this mix, you are not able to clearly see the delusional nature of your drives. (I hadn't wanted to be that blunt in my earlier posts, but there it is - Neptune feeds any delusions you may have,)

LonelyRed

Banned
I also wanted to say another thing, I can respect that Poker has an element of strategy, and that in that way you could compare it to say, Scrabble.

I recognize that I am a bit bias because it *is* still a gamble, ultimately. And unlike Scrabble, has a significant association with the money component of gambling (as I'm sure that people who play Poker don't always gamble money, or gamble at all, just play).

Moreover, I'd caution just about anyone with any chart if they were interested in knowing the nature of their supposedly innate "luckiness" in regards to gambling. Luck changes on a whim or the drop of a hat, unless you believe everything is pre-destined, and that there are people who always win, or have stints at winning, or more typically win, and that there are people for whom this is just the opposite.

If this was so, that people had fated luck in their lives, then there would be people for whom this wasn't so, and like they were condemned to be unlucky. I don't think it works that way.

This is a bit philosophical but the reason you want to make this money is very benevolent, so I would like you to succeed. I don't think, however, even judging from your background information, that you should try to discover a pattern somewhere in your luck, or an innate luckiness, and depend on that discovery as you fund this project. That is just me, however.

You do have some creative talent, that's for sure, but these energies are coming from the 6th house, not the 5th, which would suggest creative potential with gambling. The 6th house is more task-orientated, and would suggest creative potential with more practical things.

Weezerd

Thanks a lot to you people for what you are telling me. I find the accuracy of what you say about me absolutely fascinating. It appears that astrology has a lot more potentiel than I initially believed.

I don't think one could always be lucky/unlucky either. This is a basic principle of poker. Even though you have, say 80% to win a hand in a specific situation, but you still end up losing the hand, that doesn't mean you played the hand badly. You simply got unlucky. If you play the same hand 1000 times, you will end up winning roughly 80% of the time.

The best players routinely make the best plays, and this adds up in the long run to make them big winners. But sometimes, the long-run results might take a very long time to come, and up/down swings of luck are common in the short term. If I had been a new poker player, I might just think that I'm bad at poker. But I've had a fair amount of success (of course, luck is also involved in the process when I win) in the past years. I've been playing for 4+ years, so I know when I play well and when I don't.

So it all comes to this : I know I'm playing at least reasonnably well (there are levels of players, so even if I'll never be a world class player, there is still plenty of money to be made, if playing at the right level of players), but the past 18 months have been pretty unfortunate (sometimes to the point where I've been wondering if I was cursed of something), and I have been wondering for how long will this would-be streak of bad luck continue to cripple my results ? I know the winds will turn and the luck will change someday, but when ?

Once again, many thanks!

Dany

Note : I don't know if this is a horary question (I didn't have time yet to read about all this). Sorry if it is.

Anachiel

If you are into both poker and possibly, astrology, you may want to check out how astrology has been applied in the realm of games and chance.

Joyce Wehrman has a system she used successfully in gambling. There are a few others out there. Most of the information has been translated into various computer programs simply to make the calculations more manageable.

I know Matrix Astrology (no, I don't work or am affiliated with them) has the program Winning Times based on the Wehrman system. http://www.astrologysoftware.com/software/winning/index.asp

Another version called Lucky Times: http://astrocom.com/astrology-products/software (no, not working or affiliated with these folks either)

All of the above are based on sound, albeit complex, astrological rules - I believe both are able to switch between modern and traditional modes.

There is also information on the net. Just type winning and astrology and you'll find more than a few techniques.

There are also a few good teachers out there that specialize in the astrology of chance. Not sure if you're into that.

Blessings,

Anachiel

Last edited:

LonelyRed

Banned
Hi Weezerd,

You never responded to my post in your Horary Thread, so I can't help you there. You did not post a horary chart, so I don't think anyone will help you until you do that.

Another thing about your natal chart, Jupiter is a final dispositer, being in its own Sign, Sagittarius. It is in the 6th house, and could be the reason you feel you have had overall luck in your life, particularly in relationship to your health and work.

This doesn't mean you'd be lucky with poker, but it does mean your attitude is positive, and this can have a powerful impact on drawing positive situations to you.

-LR

Weezerd

Hi!

I thank you very much for the time and energy you all take to answer my questions. I know it might not be easy to deal will a complete new comer.

So I finally managed to draw my horary chart for this question. I asked the question out loud and then made the chart.

Question was : "Will my luck at poker get better ?" And I would add, if possible, "When?".

I post this here in this thread because there are a lot of information in my previous posts, and will post the chart in the horary thread too of course.

Thanks again!

Dany

Attachments

• Will my luck get better.jpg
    Will my luck get better.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 17