Was my Mother having an Affair when I was conceived?

jill

I read somewhere that when the Moon is square Neptune in the natal chart that there was some form of deception regarding the mother.

I have always believed, in my heart, that my mother had an affair with my uncle and that I am his child
and not the child of the man that raised me.

Would this show up in a natal chart? My moon is conjunct venus in the 12th, and both square neptune in 8th.

Attachments

• jill's natal.jpg
    jill's natal.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 49

tikana

I read somewhere that when the Moon is square Neptune in the natal chart that there was some form of deception regarding the mother.

I have always believed, in my heart, that my mother had an affair with my uncle and that I am his child

Would this show up in a natal chart? My moon is conjunct venus in the 12th, and both square neptune in 8th.

run a horary

Vista

I would look at Moon conjunct Venus in the 12th squaring Neptune as problems with the mother. Was there drugs or alcohol around while you were growing up or did she have a problem? Moon in the 12th suggests not being able to express your feelings much and feeling they weren't validated. Secret love affairs also suggested or a liking for people who aren't available emotionally or physically. I think it's too difficult to say if you are your fathers biological child or not just from this chart. We would also have to see your mother and fathers charts as well. I know DNA test are expensive, but apparently they have something over the counter that can tell. Are either your dad or uncle alive still? I guess there is the other issue of asking them to do a DNA and opening that can of worms. I agree with Tikana, do a horary and ask the question. The "birth chart" will become the exact date, time, and location of the question.

jill

I don't know where my parents were while I was young. lol It was the 60's. I do know that my uncle got out of prison and stayed with them for a while while I was conceived, Mom was 21, he was 27, Dad was at work all day...hey, it happens.

My uncle was a rebel and my aunt said that my mom did have a crush on him. I have confronted her on the matter a few times, and she denies it - but couldn't look me in the face when she asnwered and changed the subject real quick. It was a different time back then.

My mom is 71 now, Dad is 75 and Uncle is 77. I definitely don't want to open up a can of worms, especially if it's not true. I haven't spoken to my dad for 10 yrs., before that it was another 10 yrs. None of his 5 kids talk to him. But I have always felt like he wasn't my real dad. I look just like my uncle, whom I haven't seen in 40 years.

Maybe I can go to the funeral when one of them dies and 'pluck' a few hairs.

Last edited:

Vista

I don't know where my parents were while I was young. lol It was the 60's. I do know that my uncle got out of prison and stayed with them for a while while I was conceived, Mom was 21, he was 27, Dad was at work all day...hey, it happens.

My uncle was a rebel and my aunt said that my mom did have a crush on him. I have confronted her on the matter a few times, and she denies it - but couldn't look me in the face when she asnwered and changed the subject real quick. It was a different time back then.

My mom is 71 now, Dad is 75 and Uncle is 77. I definitely don't want to open up a can of worms, especially if it's not true. I haven't spoken to my dad for 10 yrs., before that it was another 10 yrs. None of his 5 kids talk to him. But I have always felt like he wasn't my real dad. I look just like my uncle, whom I haven't seen in 40 years. Also, I'm the only one in the family, out of 5 kids with Pisces rising. My uncle is a Pisces.

Maybe I can go to the funeral when one of them dies and 'pluck' a few hairs.

Wow, haven't seen your dad in 10 and your uncle in 40 years. That's a shame although I am sure you have good reason. Perhaps one day you will reconcile and can steal a few hairs from their brush. LOL!

bardevolved

Well you seem to be a very mature person....i think you should raise this question to dr.farr who is a horary expert available in diffrent threds..well if this thing bothered you i suggest pls go ahead with a DNA test if possible and do a horary...you will get to know...but i believe y\whatever is the reason and so ....forget and forgive..best way to have a spiritual life..anyway you are mature enough to decide the course of your life

jill

Well you seem to be a very mature person....i think you should raise this question to dr.farr who is a horary expert available in diffrent threds..well if this thing bothered you i suggest pls go ahead with a DNA test if possible and do a horary...you will get to know...but i believe y\whatever is the reason and so ....forget and forgive..best way to have a spiritual life..anyway you are mature enough to decide the course of your life

I just posted the question on the Horary Forum. I appreciate your thoughts. Hopefully I will get the answer someday. take care, jill

BobZemco

Sure, but you can stare at Neptune until you die and you'll never know the answer.

Just glancing at your chart I see the Lot of the Father in Pisces and the Lot of the Mother in Virgo, opposing so their relationship wasn't all that great. Jupiter who rules Pisces is in Fall in Capricorn and Mercury is Combust and in Detriment in Sagittarius. Plus Moon sextiles Sun from the Aquarius which is the Sun's Detriment (and sextiles are weak/tepid anyway).

Your Lot of Birth is interesting. It's in the 4th House at 1° Cancer ruled by Jupiter in Fall. Your uncle is the Leo 6th House (your father's siblings), so Sun is both your father and your uncle. Sun is Sagittarius, Sect Triplicity Ruler is Sun, Night Ruler is Jupiter.

I'd say your uncle is your father.

One more thing. Your Lot of Birth is conjunct the Contra-Antiscion of the Sun.

dr. farr

Just a note, and really without going into the details of my radicalist approach to natal, but I did come up with the same indication (albeit using very different methods) which Mr. Zemco was led to: that the OP's actual (biological) father is her "uncle"...

jill

wow...I'm sitting here at my computer....and I'm lost for words. I don't know why I'm so surprised at hearing this. It really has only confirmed what I've always known in my heart. But still.....wow.

Right now I'm not sure what to do. I'm not just going to verbally make statements to anyone without further confirmation because I don't want to hurt anyone (or make a fool out of myself). But - my Uncle (or biological father) is now 80, and probably won't be around much longer. He lives alone and owns 350 acres of land in West Virginia. If I am his child, I would be the one entitled to this land when he passes. Neptune is in my 8th (inheritance) so, . . .

Unless my Mom tells me the truth, I see myself hiring a lawyer after my Uncle dies and ordering a paternity test to proove whether or not he is.
I would really like to be sure of this, or at least feel more confident before I take any action.

If I have charts for my Mom, Dad & Uncle (natal, synastry & composite) would astrology be able to confirm or add more clarification to this?

Last edited:

Personally I have not heard this one, but have heard it being linked to eating disorders.

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

mirthyQ

JIll,
Your uncle is your father's brother? If so this means they have the same parents (and almost the same DNA)? This could make a paternity test inconclusive?

Vista

JIll,
Your uncle is your father's brother? If so this means they have the same parents (and almost the same DNA)? This could make a paternity test inconclusive?

The only time it would be inconclusive is if they were identical twins.

jill

I came across this in Google while searching about siblingship DNA testing. I thought that I might be able to test myself, my sister and my mom to see if my sister and I shared the same father. From what I've read, I will have to get BOTH my dad's & uncle's DNA to be 100% conclusive, even if they're not 'identical twins'. jill

Ask a Geneticist

by Dr. Barry Starr, Stanford University

I have heard that paternity tests can be wrong if the real dad is related to the tested man. Is this true?

September 29, 2010

Yes it is true. If two men are closely related, a standard paternity test might not be able to tell them apart. Which means in some situations, the wrong man could be identified as the father.

Imagine two brothers who might be the father of a child. For whatever reason, no one tells the paternity testing company that this is the case and so only one brother ends up getting tested.

The results show that the tested brother's DNA matches the child's and so he is identified as the dad. Except that he isn't. His brother also happens to match the child in this DNA test.

What needed to happen here was for someone to tell the testing company upfront that either brother might be the dad. Then the company could test both of them and do additional tests until one or the other brother was ruled out.

At first this might all seem weird since, unless the brothers are identical twins, they don't have the exact same DNA. You'd think this would mean that a DNA test would never confuse two people. And you'd be right if DNA tests looked at all of someone's DNA. But they don't.

Current DNA tests only look at a small fraction of anyone's DNA. This is enough to tell unrelated people apart but it doesn't always work for related people.

Related people share a lot of the same DNA. This makes them more likely to share the bits of DNA that get tested too. And this makes it more likely that they will be indistinguishable on some genetic tests.

So to get the right answer, you need to pick a good testing company and give them all of the facts.