Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:59 PM

Are rising sign decans theory true?

An astrologer whose name is Elbert Wade considers rising sign decanates and he says that rising decanates are very important for physical appearance.

My rising sign is Gemini in the second decan(Libra decan) as shown in my natal chart attached and most people interested in astrology suppose I have Libra ascendant. But it is only as a physical appearance.

Do you also think like Elbert Wade about rising decans?
Attached Images
File Type: gif hakan_chart.gif (49.2 KB, 15 views)

Old 04-28-2011, 07:36 AM

Re: Are rising sign decans theory true?

I follow decanates as important influences, but:
1) I mostly use the original Manilius decans (see my thread under this title) rather than the later Elemental decans (which originally came from Vedic astrology to the West)
2) I have strong doubts about either the ascendant sign as a whole, or any decan, being that reliable as describing physical appearance (different when you are talking about character, personality, etc) I have just seen far too many exceptions to these supposed physical appearance connections re to the ascendant (or to the decans), my own case being one of them!

...however, these are simply my opinions and experiences, and I do not claim them as anything more...
Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
2) I have strong doubts about either the ascendant sign as a whole, or any decan, being that reliable as describing physical appearance (different when you are talking about character, personality, etc) I have just seen far too many exceptions to these supposed physical appearance connections re to the ascendant (or to the decans), my own case being one of them!

...however, these are simply my opinions and experiences, and I do not claim them as anything more...
Good to see that in writing!!!

I concur absolutely.
Far too much energy is paid to appearance according to Ascendant. It sometimes works, but just as often does not.

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen

My Natal chart
Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0486 View Post
An astrologer whose name is Elbert Wade considers rising sign decanates and he says that rising decanates are very important for physical appearance.

My rising sign is Gemini in the second decan(Libra decan) as shown in my natal chart attached and most people interested in astrology suppose I have Libra ascendant. But it is only as a physical appearance.

Do you also think like Elbert Wade about rising decans?
decantes add *subtle* influences, you can use decantes (periods of 10) for all the planets not just Asc.

So Gemini rising libra decante could suggests more charming venusian presentation, but also add more indecisiveness on top of gemini. To me, gemini, pisces and libra are all restless procrastinating and indecisive. Gemini is notorious for sitting onthe fence and not wanting to make decisions and libra can be arguementative and doubly indecisive, in fact I have a saying for librans, "they used to be indecisive, now they can't make their minds up."

Decanates
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/as...-decanates.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decan
http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/decans.php
http://www.astroroom.com/astrology-decans.html
http://www.essortment.com/astrology-...tes-63894.html

Last edited by astrologer50; 04-30-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 PM

I think it has some relevance. Me, my best friend, and a male friend of mine all have virgo ascendants in the different decans. My best friend is in the mercury and her body type is dead on for the virgo appearance. I am in the saturn decan and while I am slim, compared to my best friend I keep a bit more weight in my lower region (and breasts but im a cancer sun ). and finally my male friend is in the venus and has the most trouble with weight but he goes from putting it on to being very slim. Other than that I dont see too much of the influence on physical appearance. I definitely relate to the decans expressed in personality.

I got my info from here
http://elbertwade.com/page103.html

Last edited by sunshine1988; 05-01-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:16 AM

Along the lines mentioned in the above post by Sunshine1988, the old time astrologers (up through the Renaissance) did give a great deal of attention regarding (alleged) physical appearance to the DECANS, moreso in detail than to the entire sign (but they mostly referred to the decans as FACES, and they attributed these to the PLANETS: for example, the first FACE of Aries = Mars, the second FACE = the Sun, the third FACE = Venus; FACES were the 10 degree divisions of the signs and referred to the same degree areas as the "decans")

Tags
decans, rising, sign, theory, true