Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts. Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:46 AM

sun at 29 degrees! "critical degree" ...please help! :(

Hi everyone,

My sun is in 29 degrees Leo. I have always felt like I had more a virgo personality than leo. I began reading articles about being born on the cusp of a sign, and that led me to discover "the critical degrees"

any planet at 29 degrees is considered to be at a critical degrees. They say the stronger the planet is in your chart, the more you will be effective.

I also read the 29th degree causes indecisiveness, a lack of success, crisis, but also is the pinacle of spiritual fulfillment. The planet at the 29th degree of a sign is underdeveloped in some way and weaker compared to other placements.

So i guess my findings have been mixed...If anyone knows more information on how a 29 degree sun would come into affect, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have attatched my natal chart to this post also

Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NatalChart.jpg (86.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by astrology02; 04-02-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:27 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Re: sun at 29 degrees! "critical degree" ...please help! :(

Hi

when you are on the cusp you feel both signs it is normal!

:I also read the 29th degree causes indecisiveness, a lack of success, crisis, but also is the pinacle of spiritual fulfillment. The planet at the 29th degree of a sign is underdeveloped in some way and weaker compared to other placements

I am not sure if agree here .. here is the thing

you know that every sign is divided into 3 decanates, every 10 deg there its own ruler

1st one is always the main ruler of the sign - so virgo 1st decanate would be

Leo - Sun
Sag -jupiter
Aries - mars

so if your Mars is weaker than Merc since Merc rules your 1st decanate of Virgo. then def you will feel Virgoish

in regards to indecisivness, again depends on the chart not only by sun's location

see your mars is very weak in Virgo
where as Merc is very strong in Virgo - Virgo wins

T
Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 PM

I've only experienced the 29 degree thing in terms of Progressed planets---The year our progressed Sun, for example, is in the last degree of a sign---that will be a year to remember
I know lots of Natal 29 degree sun folk and they're as normal( or whacked out) as the rest of us.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:40 PM

Thank you everyone for your responses! It is true that I do feel more virgo then leo. I guess because most of my planets are in earth signs and 2 are in virgo.

My leo sun was the whole reason I started studying astrology, because I would read those general sun sign horoscopes and the Leo one just never fit. I said "there must be something more to this than meets the eye"

So far I would say my life has not been crisis ridden like the readings have suggested..there has been a little indecisiveness but I agree that could be primarly because of my weak mars in virgo.

It helps to hear that most of the people with 29 degree planets are normal I guess sometimes it's hard to seperate what is true and false when it comes to astrology- there is just so much information out there!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 PM

also here are some resources I found which explained decanates and how the degree of a certain planet influences a person.

It also really made sense to me after reading this info , why not all scorpio or capricorn people for example are the same- even though they have the same sun sign , their personalities are sometimes very different!

http://astrology.findyourfate.com/as...-decanates.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decan
http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/decans.php
http://www.astroroom.com/astrology-decans.html
http://www.essortment.com/astrology-...tes-63894.html
Old 04-20-2011, 02:52 PM

I am new to this message board and stumbled upon this post. I was hoping someone could help me as I seem to have a preponderance of planets/points (10-12) at critical degrees! Can anyone offer some insight to this?

Mercury, Venus, Mars, Neptune, Pluto, North Node, Vertex, Eris, Vesta and Lilith are all at critical degrees. Sun and Hades are conjunct to a critical degree with 1 degree orb.

My chart also has a grand cross consisting of the moon conjunct Chiron (8th house Aries) opposite Uranus (2nd house Libra) and Mars conjunct Venus (in Gemini/Cancer cusp 10th house) opposite Jupiter in 5th Capricorn. Pluto is in my 1st house and squares Venus and Mars. Saturn is conjunct Gemini midheaven. I was born on May 10th, 1972 @ 1:55pm Eastern Standard Time (US) in Belleville, NJ.

The planets and points in critical degrees are listed below:
0 deg Aries Eris
26 deg Aries Mercury
29 deg Aries Vesta
20 deg Taurus Sun, Hades (conj to 21 deg)
29 Gem Mars
0 Cancer Venus
29 deg Virgo Pluto
8 degrees Scorpio Lilith
4 degrees Sag Neptune
29 degree Cap North Node
8 deg Aqua Vertex

Tags
critical degree, degrees