Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:26 AM

Question Marriage Astrology Aspects?

Is there an aspect that you believe signals marriage? What aspects in a chart reveal how many marriages one will have? What about someone's sun being in another's 2nd house?

Any thoughts on progressions and transits?

I've heard about looking at Juno, and that if the solar retrurn Juno is conj the AC that marriage will happen that year...

I am wondering what the consensus is here...

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:12 PM

Re: Marriage Astrology Aspects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkb273 View Post
Is there an aspect that you believe signals marriage? What aspects in a chart reveal how many marriages one will have? What about someone's sun being in another's 2nd house?

I've heard about looking at Juno, and that if the solar retrurn Juno is conj the AC that marriage will happen that year...

Thanks in advance!
As Juno is by some schools of thought seen as the courtesan, the extramarital affair and uncommitted lover I wouldnt give it too much credence for marriage especially opposing the 7th. Juno may or may not be valid but a major planet would have to be connected to it, I would suggest.

Transits to the 7th house of Jupiter, Venus,Sun or Moon are triggers for committed relations.. sometimes Saturn as well. ... The second house deals with your personal assets and income.....Joint finances that marriages involve, are the 8th house.

Last edited by Claire19; 01-03-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 AM

Thank you Claire19. I was looking at a few more charts earlier today- what are your thoughts on a SR Venus Conj natal Sun in the 8th House?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

I think there has to be a number of factors to indicate marriage. Outer transits to the 7th house ruler and to planets inside. Progressed Moon entering the 7th house. Saturn transiting the 7th house as well as Jupiter. Progressed Sun conjunct Venus, Progressed Venus conjunct Sun, Progressed Venus or Sun conjunct the 7th house ruler. The list really goes on and on. Also progressed Moon conjunct the 7th house ruler could be a timer too.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I think there has to be a number of factors to indicate marriage. Outer transits to the 7th house ruler and to planets inside. Progressed Moon entering the 7th house. Saturn transiting the 7th house as well as Jupiter. Progressed Sun conjunct Venus, Progressed Venus conjunct Sun, Progressed Venus or Sun conjunct the 7th house ruler. The list really goes on and on. Also progressed Moon conjunct the 7th house ruler could be a timer too.
I agree and sometimes the 4th is involved for domestic matters.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Thank you Claire19. I was looking at a few more charts earlier today- what are your thoughts on a SR Venus Conj natal Sun in the 8th House?
This would focus on your shared finances. Sometimes there are gifts and then loans such as for mortgage and you may receive an inheritance or a tax bonus. Insurance matters also belong here especially for life. The sun here can indicate a male involved with an inheritance or a bequest of some sort. Father or father figure. I am not really a great expert with SR but the dynamics would be the same I am sure.

Sex matters and secrets can also be indicated strongly.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:33 AM

I am new to this site but I will give my 2 cents.

I noticed that with me and my husband My Saturn is conjunct His Asc within 1 degree orb and it is the ruler of his DSC. and his arabic point of marriage is conjunct my natal sun.
I think it would be interesting to look at other married couples and the points of marriage. I noticed with another couple who are not married but have been together a long time that her point of destiny is conjunct his DSC. interestingly he has saturn in his seventh house and her sun happens to be in capricorn but they have no points of marriage that make aspect in the charts. This may or may not be something to look at but I have seen the relevance of arabic parts hitting planets, angles ect.. in the other persons chart they may need to be set off but they will work.

Tags
aspects, astrology, marriage