Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Degree Symbols

Degree Symbols Discuss your experiences with all symbol systems based on astrological degrees in the chart (i.e., Sabian Symbols, Kozminsky Symbols, etc.): the symbols for the transiting Sun and Moon and the events of your life, the symbols of your natal chart...

Old 09-23-2010, 04:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion o ness
Simple Sabian Question

My NN is at 26Cap00

Do I look at 26 or 27 Cap, since its exact and has no minutes.

I understand, you always use the next degree as the symbol, but Im wondering here which one. Is it ALWAYS looking at the next number?

PHASE 296 (CAPRICORN 26): A NATURE SPIRIT DANCING IN THE IRIDESCENT MIST OF A WATERFALL.
KEYNOTE: The ability to perceive the hidden and creative spirit of natural phenomena.

PHASE 297 (CAPRICORN 27):
PILGRIMS CLIMBING THE STEEP STEPS LEADING TO A MOUNTAIN SHRINE.
KEYNOTE: The ascent of the individualized consciousness to the highest realizations reached by the spiritual leaders of its culture.

MERCURY = 14 LEO
MARS = 26LEO
VENUS = 2 CAN
==============

Old 09-23-2010, 06:15 AM

Re: Simple Sabian Question

Using the Sabian numeration given here on the AW website (front page of the site, not here in the forum) you would use 27 Capricorn; however, there are a few sites which have corrected the numeration from the old style to the style now used to number signs as erected by modern chart-erecting techniques (all of the computer based chart generators) If you find such a site then you would use 26 Capricorn BUT IN THE NUMERATION CORRECTED LISTINGS THE SAME SYMBOL-PILGRIMS CLIMBING STEPS-WOULD BE GIVEN FOR 26 Capricorn.
(See my posts in the thread, "Do you use Sabian symbols", in the Horary Technique section)

Last edited by dr. farr; 09-23-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Caprising's Profile Fields

You raise a good question Lioness, you might want to add in the sabian symbols of the progressed node to see if your life direction co-incides with the sabian meanings!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:48 AM

Piercethevale makes an excellent point about reading both Sabian symbols in making an interpretation (this is like in Tarot where we use a 2 or 3 card spread and combine the meanings for our answer)

Tags
question, sabian, simple