Asc: Pisces

Kenoshamaensa

I'm guessing this is in the right place as it involves cusps. We were discussing the Pisces tendency to introversion elsewhere, which got me thinking about something else I'd read about Pisces Rising people ... well, two somethings.

1. People with Pisces Rising tend either to be very photogenic or not photogenic at all, with pictures (or video) rarely depicting the person well. (Although sometimes a person may be mostly one ... but then have the occasional really good shot, or really bad shot.) I found this interesting as I'm notoriously unphotogenic, and not because I'm especially unattractive. I just don't take pictures well. Once in a blue moon, there's an exception, but it's got to the point I HATE being in front of a camera.

2. People with Pisces Rising not infrequently have "dual" identities. This isn't necessarily "deceptive" (although it can be) or as extreme as "split" personalities. And yes, most people have multiple "hats" they wear during a day/week in which they fill different jobs (mother, daughter, sister, boss, student ... etc.) This is more. Writers under pseudonyms might be Pisces Rising (or Pisces Mercury). People who have a two quite different jobs. Actors, who play "other people" from who one is "for real." People who are one person in RL (real life) and another person online ... etc., etc. Pisces Rising are "two fish" people. Only those who are especially close to them (in anyone at all) will see both fish. Again, there may not be deliberate deception (although that's certainly possible), but there often is a certain "hidden" aspect of one fish to another, or at least of "veils" between.

As a Pisces Rising, I've found BOTH these to be very true. Wondered about other Pisces Rising people.

Lion o ness

Hi..

1.. I take terrible pictures. I also have pictures that I took within mins of each other and I look different in each pic...
The only "good" pic I have is on my drivers license (yeah go figure) shrug
In some pictures I have a dark completion (my skin is very pale) Again pictures taken with in minutes of each other..

2. I do have the dual, thing but I rarely share it.. No ONE knows everything about me.. I really like to keep my self very private.. I pick and choose what I do tell people.. My BFF of 20 years doesnt even know half the stuff about me. I tell her, what I am comfortable telling her, nothing more.. Half of the time I tell her when she has been drinking, she wont remember it anyways.. LOL..
I am a "different" person on the net, Im much more open and willing to share information, than I am in person.. People on the net know more about me than my friends..

What bothers me the most about being a pisces rising. Is the invisiable thing.. People just dont freaking see me! Even my kids sometimes...
People walk right past while looking for me.... One of my friends came to me and asked me where I was!! I said WHAT!! she laughed and said omg IDK why I did that...
Another friend sneezed on me because she didnt know I was standing next to her.. :pinched:

I wish people would stop making all these crazy assumaptions about me. They are way off base.... No one just seems to "get" me.. IDK.. I dont think Im that complex.. Just flatter me and youll be ok! LOL :love:

R4VEN

No one just seems to "get" me.. IDK.. I dont think Im that complex.. Just flatter me and youll be ok! LOL :love:
I had to laugh at that one, Lion o ness!! Spoken like a true Leo!

I have not noticed the unphotogenic thing with Pisces R. In fact, it seems almost the opposite to me. (I have a number of nieces & nephews with Pisces R, so am using them as a test group.)

The shape-shifting thing is very evident in those I know with Pisces R. I have noticed it as an ability to assume the `shape' - be that the personality, the behaviour, the ideas and values - of the people the person is with. One guy I know with Pisces R (and he's much older, in his 50's) is so bad, that I'm not sure he has any idea at all who he is or what it is he believes. It's not that he's being nice or anything - he just agrees with everything people say, even when I know he doesn't mean it. Very disconcerting.

bittermoon

Pisces rising here.

1. As a photographer, I do not believe in photogenic/unphotogenic. To me it's all about the energy somebody radiates. I once had to photograph a strikingly beautiful girl but I didn't find any of the photos interesting because there was no spark in her eyes, no energy. She was very self/body conscious, as well. They might have been beautiful shots, to me they were very boring. The only shots I personally liked were the ones when she didn't notice I was photographing her (in the make up room, for example). A lot of people, when they get too aware they are being photographed (and they are self conscious about it) they start to look and behave differently. Unnatural. Perhaps that's where the 'unphotogenic' thing comes into play.

2. Not sure what to think of the 'dual identity' thing. (Socially) adaptable, perhaps. I can be a social butterfly and I have many people I know on a pretty superficial level. Back at the ranch, I only have a handful of real friends. Is that 2 fish? I always contributed that to my Venus in Gemini and my Cancer Sun/Scorpio Moon. I don't really see this as 'duality' though. More complementary, for lack of a better description.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

2. People with Pisces Rising not infrequently have "dual" identities. This isn't necessarily "deceptive" (although it can be) or as extreme as "split" personalities. And yes, most people have multiple "hats" they wear during a day/week in which they fill different jobs (mother, daughter, sister, boss, student ... etc.) This is more. Writers under pseudonyms might be Pisces Rising (or Pisces Mercury). People who have a two quite different jobs. Actors, who play "other people" from who one is "for real." People who are one person in RL (real life) and another person online ... etc., etc. Pisces Rising are "two fish" people. Only those who are especially close to them (in anyone at all) will see both fish. Again, there may not be deliberate deception (although that's certainly possible), but there often is a certain "hidden" aspect of one fish to another, or at least of "veils" between.

I first read about the concept of "two fish" in Astrology: A Cosmic Science by Isabel M. Hickey, and I was intrigued. Here's the relevant excerpt:

Pisces is two people, not one. Two fish: one is friendly, kind, outgoing swimming around freely on the surface of life; the other hides in the depths, remote, isolated, moody, and withdrawn, wanting no part of anyone.

She goes on to describe how you can't coax the friendly fish out from hiding; you must wait for it to emerge.

There are a few other observations I'd like to share, many of which I haven't read elsewhere. I'm going to align them with the houses:

1) Two types: servers and drifters

2) Ambitious to achieve because he must prove his own worth to himself. Never satisfied.

3) More stubborn mentally than you'd assume, especially if Mercury is placed in a fixed sign. You can't force conclusions upon him.

4) Doesn't like to stay in one place too long

5) "Night bird," does most creative work at night

6) May be prone to overwork

7) "Tendency to choose a mater who is inferior to him in quality"

8) Cooperation, not competition

9) Deep desire to know the meaning of life

10) Executive ability; willing to work very hard to reach the top of his profession

11) Does not have many friends; "choosey"

12) "Longing for freedom," "a nostalgia for the highlands of spirit"

Arian Maverick

Kenoshamaensa

1. As a photographer, I do not believe in photogenic/unphotogenic. To me it's all about the energy somebody radiates. I once had to photograph a strikingly beautiful girl but I didn't find any of the photos interesting because there was no spark in her eyes, no energy. She was very self/body conscious, as well. They might have been beautiful shots, to me they were very boring. The only shots I personally liked were the ones when she didn't notice I was photographing her (in the make up room, for example). A lot of people, when they get too aware they are being photographed (and they are self conscious about it) they start to look and behave differently. Unnatural. Perhaps that's where the 'unphotogenic' thing comes into play.

I think there may be something to that. To me, a camera obscures a person's face. A camera's a thing. I can't "communicate" with it, so it's very hard for me to react in anything like a normal fashion. It also doesn't help that so many photographs, especially amateur but some "Wal-Mart" style professional, have the subject face the camera entirely or mostly face-forward. That is about the worst way to photograph me (and a lot of people, I understand). I don't have the bone structure for that. My skin also rarely looks good in a photograph -- flushed and splotchy and shiny if there's a flash (even if I'm wearing makeup).

That's specific, in my case, but I thought it interesting that the article said Pisces Rising was either fairly unphotogenic or *very* photogenic, not much middle ground.

Arian -- Yes, it was a good astrologer friend who mentioned the Hickey book to me and the two fish, although from her research, she thought it went further than just friendly vs shy fish. Many of the Pisces Rising she knew had nearly two "lives" or identities, if not necessarily as extreme as Batman. (Ha)

On the other list ... please keep in mind that I'm not a "PURE" Pisces Rising as I have Saturn conjunct the Ascendant from the anaretic degree of Aquarius, and Saturn is one of the strongest planets in my chart, leading my locomotive pattern. Ergo, I'm probably as much Capricornian (and Aquarian) as Pisces.

1) Two types: servers and drifters

Neither. I might like to be more of a server, but honestly, I'm too selfish. I used to do bereavement counseling but burned out.

2) Ambitious to achieve because he must prove his own worth to himself. Never satisfied.

Yes, but I think that has as much or more to do with Saturn on the rising and Chiron in my first house.

3) More stubborn mentally than you'd assume, especially if Mercury is placed in a fixed sign. You can't force conclusions upon him.

Absolutely, but as my Mercury is conj. Pluto in Virgo (also conj. Uranus), that is as much a contributing factor. Mercury is another of the strongest planets in my chart. *grin*

4) Doesn't like to stay in one place too long

Mmm, hard to say. I have moved a lot, but mostly pursuing a degree. I grew up in one city, and now, I've been in the current city 10 years. Feel no great desire to leave.

5) "Night bird," does most creative work at night

Absolutely. Almost to an absurd degree. My students like to check the time stamp on my email to them and laugh. It's nothing for them to get email from the prof sent at 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm still up working. And if left alone, I will cheerfully sleep till noon.

6) May be prone to overwork

Not really. I'm a Libra Sun; I'm fundamentally lazy. *grin*

7) "Tendency to choose a mater who is inferior to him in quality"

I'm guessing mater is just a typo for master ... Dunno, but I think not. My job is so obscure, finding an opening at all is very hard. Beggers can't be choosers. I'll take whatever/whoever hires me.

8) Cooperation, not competition

Absolutely. Backed up by Libra Sun.

9) Deep desire to know the meaning of life

Pretty much. Sagi at the Midheaven too.

10) Executive ability; willing to work very hard to reach the top of his profession

Yes -- to a point. I'm less ambitious than many. But the executive ability is as much Saturn as anything, I suspect. I am a very good organizer and boss ... but I dislike doing it. People find this funny, assuming I want to be in charge because I'm good at it. But really -- no. You go ahead. :-D

11) Does not have many friends; "choosey"

True.

12) "Longing for freedom," "a nostalgia for the highlands of spirit"

Somewhat. This is pretty vague and open to vastly different interpretations.

Last edited:

Momma's Kumquat

This has definitely confirmed my pisces ascendant. the photograph thing is completley true. I could look at my face in the mirror, take a picture of my face and it'll come out completley different. I don't know if it's a subconcious thing of not wanting to reveal my true image or what... The personality adjusting to situations is true aswell, but for me it's subtle, sometimes so subtle I don't realise it's happening. for example, I'll speak to someone and swear alot, and then someone else, I'll pick up the vibe that swearing makes them uncomfortable and I'll speak far more politely and just use a different choice of words, (also possibly due to nearly all my personal planets being in mutable signs).

the loss of the self in the personality is something I feel. just feeling like everything everyone says is right and wrong at the same time, it's hard to describe.

As for the dual personas, I'm a gemini sun, so make that 4 haha. Personally, I just think of them as moods. sometimes you feel socable, sometimes you need to collect your thoughts ect.
on here, I'm a very different person to who I am in day to day life.
I never speak to anyone about astrology, and if I do it's usually followed by the realisation that they have no idea what I'm talking about.

pale skin, yes. occassional skin conditions, yes. huge wide feet, yes.

brooke24

Hi Momma's Komquat

I am Pisces ascendant and i do not confirm your descriptions. I have some pics on my profile if you'd like your own opinion as to whether a Pisces ascendant is photogenic. To be honest I am very photogenic, my mum has always told me from a young age. And I am a total photo hog!! I love being in photos..every one around me does not seem to love it anywhere near to my extent! I have just one friend with a Pisces ascendant - he is also very photogenic. As for the 'shape shifting' thing - my friend with the Pisces ascendant is LIKE THIS!!!! Its so annoying - he copies me, plus just fits in with everyone else's personality. However I am much more strong willed than him - also louder. He is more the obvious description of Pisces - softly spoken. I have a soft voice but it is louder and I talk much more than him. We only get along averagely as i find he isn't an interesting conversationalist - it must be true that too much Pisces inhibits a person's ability to gossip or have some fun!! I have my own problem that is not to do with the ascendant of Pisces. With the sun in Aries/moon in Libra I am split with diplomatic/fiery energies - family says unless you get to know me well you never see anything but the 'Libra' side. So that is my tug of war.

I don't think being photogenic can be seen or attributed to Asc sign, like what has been detailed earlier, it's what is 'within' that a camera seems to pick up on.

Pisces Asc would be quite rare in UK as it's a sign of very short Ascension, like Aquarius, in some place here they only get 30-40 minutes each.

I have heard pisces, like gemini rising can have a difficult childhood, bit like feeling like a square peg in a round whole. It adds restlessness, procrastination and indecisiveness. Usually all the world and their wife take their problems to a pisces, looking for 'tea and sympathy' and you find a lot of them in caring professions, like hospitals, nursing or such like...

piscesnurse

well depending on what type of chart i use i have aries or pisces rising i agree i take horrible pictures and i need to look at my chart both ways to see which seems to fit me the best i def look like a pisces

Ruka_5

Banned
This has definitely confirmed my pisces ascendant. the photograph thing is completley true. I could look at my face in the mirror, take a picture of my face and it'll come out completley different. I don't know if it's a subconcious thing of not wanting to reveal my true image or what... The personality adjusting to situations is true aswell, but for me it's subtle, sometimes so subtle I don't realise it's happening. for example, I'll speak to someone and swear alot, and then someone else, I'll pick up the vibe that swearing makes them uncomfortable and I'll speak far more politely and just use a different choice of words, (also possibly due to nearly all my personal planets being in mutable signs).

the loss of the self in the personality is something I feel. just feeling like everything everyone says is right and wrong at the same time, it's hard to describe.

As for the dual personas, I'm a gemini sun, so make that 4 haha. Personally, I just think of them as moods. sometimes you feel socable, sometimes you need to collect your thoughts ect.
on here, I'm a very different person to who I am in day to day life.
I never speak to anyone about astrology, and if I do it's usually followed by the realisation that they have no idea what I'm talking about.

pale skin, yes. occassional skin conditions, yes. huge wide feet, yes.

I'm not a Pisces Ascendant, but Neptune is a singleton in my chart and I have the exact same problem. My sister took pictures of me about a week ago and I was taken aback when I saw them, I looked so different. Whenever I take pictures of myself too I have to spend a lot of time getting the lighting and everything right, not to look better, but just to take a basic pic that is even an accurate representation of how I look.

As far as other things I've seen posted in this thread about Pisces Risings having two sides or being able to easily change how they come across to others...Michael Jackson was a Pisces Rising and people who have been interviewed and asked about him (like Lisa Marie Presley) have said that he was pretty different from the way he presented himself publically. I read a bio of him as well over a decade ago that said he intentionally crafted a public image that he'd don in public as well and took a lot of cues from books about Barnum...all about creating fantasy and spectacle....

tikana

hi

What deg is your Pisces ascendant?

T

I'm guessing this is in the right place as it involves cusps. We were discussing the Pisces tendency to introversion elsewhere, which got me thinking about something else I'd read about Pisces Rising people ... well, two somethings.

1. People with Pisces Rising tend either to be very photogenic or not photogenic at all, with pictures (or video) rarely depicting the person well. (Although sometimes a person may be mostly one ... but then have the occasional really good shot, or really bad shot.) I found this interesting as I'm notoriously unphotogenic, and not because I'm especially unattractive. I just don't take pictures well. Once in a blue moon, there's an exception, but it's got to the point I HATE being in front of a camera.

As a Pisces Rising, I've found BOTH these to be very true. Wondered about other Pisces Rising people.

brooke24

Micheal Jackson is a Pisces ascendant? What!? I thought it was Libra or Gemini. I absolutely loved him, but it does explain why he always lied about his surgeries and spoke like a soft little girl or such. Why does everyone go on about Pisces ascendant on here?? Cancer ascendant is very similar to Pisces but it gets no where near as much publicity! Scorpio ascendant is worse i think. They are brooding,intense, violent tendencies, hardly much sense of humor. Yet that also never gets much mention it seems! Pisces ascendant are either a) really good looking Blonde/light skinned/pouty lipped types or B) 'Fish' looking/lost looking/space cadet types. This is what i have witnessed.Their 'stare' is scary. Its like looking into a completely lost person. Cancer rising looks just as 'sensitive' in my opinion, accept they don't have the 'doll like' eyes. Look any rising sign can look awful in photos!! Some people have it, others just don't. Pisces types are often martyrs..hardly attractive. And too melancholy..wheres the laughter in them?

bittermoon

I'm neither type A nor B and am not the melancholy type, either. I am, however, a great shape shifter, both physically and mentally. I've grown kind of fond of my Pisces ascendant.

Ruka 5,
As far as other things I've seen posted in this thread about Pisces Risings having two sides or being able to easily change how they come across to others...Michael Jackson was a Pisces Rising and people who have been interviewed and asked about him (like Lisa Marie Presley) have said that he was pretty different from the way he presented himself publically. I read a bio of him as well over a decade ago that said he intentionally crafted a public image that he'd don in public as well and took a lot of cues from books about Barnum...all about creating fantasy and spectacle....
He is not pisces Asc but libra, check out the link on astrotheme.com

Micheal Jackson is a Pisces ascendant? What!? I thought it was Libra or Gemini. I absolutely loved him, but it does explain why he always lied about his surgeries and spoke like a soft little girl or such. Why does everyone go on about Pisces ascendant on here??[perhaps because YOU are responding to a thread called *pisces Asc*]

Cancer ascendant is very similar to Pisces [in what regard?, Cancer is a worrier, pisces is not]but it gets no where near as much publicity! Scorpio ascendant is worse i think. They are brooding,intense, violent tendencies,[really? scorpio Asc is a very very private sign and really doesn't want others knowing their business. Any violent tendencies can sometimes be seen by mars in hard aspect to pluto]

hardly much sense of humor. Yet that also never gets much mention it seems! Pisces ascendant are either a) really good looking Blonde/light skinned/pouty lipped types[asc has lots to with genetics and am not convinced you can stereotype Asc with such things] or B) 'Fish' looking/lost looking/space cadet types.[this quite often suggests neptune conj Asc or in first] This is what i have witnessed.Their 'stare' is scary. Its like looking into a completely lost person.

Cancer rising looks just as 'sensitive' in my opinion, accept they don't have the 'doll like' eyes.Quite often Cancer Asc has a rounded face, like the moon Look any rising sign can look awful in photos!! Some people have it, others just don't. Pisces types are often martyrs..hardly attractive. And too melancholy..wheres the laughter in them?

http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/vJ3pEYk9DzLU.htm
libra rising, virgo sun conj Pluto (this explains problem with father) and would overshadow any sun sign energies.

Anyone wants to research Asc signs, degree or physical traits, try here..

We also have an expert on Asc signs called Kannon, maybe he will contribute or you could PM him.

Ascendant physical traits
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131

Ascendant sign research
http://www.cafeastrology.com/risingsignsascendant.html
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-ascendant.htm
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/angles.html
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/zodia_sign.htm
http://www.astrologyzine.com/what-are-rising-sign-traits.shtml
http://www.alwaysastrology.com/rising-signs.html
http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html
http://www.forrestastrology.com/Audio-and-Video/The-Ascendant-Workshop-MP3
http://www.starslikeyou.com.au/star-files/ascendant/aries.php
http://www.forrestastrology.com/General-Astrology/the-craft-of-chart-rectification
http://www.elbertwade.com/page79.html

You can listen to author Jodie Forrest here describe Ascendants and planets in first house, even buy her audio on the subject
Just briefly, according to member Kannon [Cardinal signs are more rounded. Fixed signs are rectangular or blocky. Mutable signs are longish or narrow]
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28315
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38516
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131

AriScoPis87

1. People with Pisces Rising tend either to be very photogenic or not photogenic at all, with pictures (or video) rarely depicting the person well. (Although sometimes a person may be mostly one ... but then have the occasional really good shot, or really bad shot.) I found this interesting as I'm notoriously non-photogenic, and not because I'm especially unattractive. I just don't take pictures well. Once in a blue moon, there's an exception, but it's got to the point I HATE being in front of a camera.
This is VERY true. I have a 50/50 with photos as a Pisces Rising. I think having my Venus in Pisces in the same house as my Rising helps out a lot. But I also have my Aries Sun/Mercury/Jupiter there too. So this all plays into it very much. But it's my VIP (Venus in Pisces) that anchors the femininity of my face.

There are so many famous Rising Fish that do this:

• Mary Tyler Moore
  • Gwyneth Paltrow
  • Richard Pryor
  • George Clooney
  • Antonio Banderas
  • Carol Burnett
  • Laura Dern
  • (Dr.) Phil McGraw
  • Gene Hackman
  • Aaliyah
  • Janis Joplin
  • Bernadette Peters

And the list goes on!

One person I speculate, because she has a Mercury in pisces, but I also think pisces Ascendent even more now after what you have described: Lady Gaga. She is always so 'Duel' in nature. She acts actually in three different ways: One way in interviews, another on stage, and another when she isn't in front of the camera.

AriScoPis87

I'm not a Pisces Ascendant, but Neptune is a singleton in my chart and I have the exact same problem.

I saw that Venus Squares Neptune in your chart. Venus doing that can cause a contradiction for some people in person and on camera. In one photo they may look the same, but then in another a complete 180 out of left field different!

Also your Neptune, it's in retrograde. So if it conflicts with elements in the sky that day, it could cause the image on camera to come out different too.

Also check the Solar Return Chart and see what you have against your Natal Chart w/ transitis you have the day for big events that you may end up in front of a camera. It could point to either really well developed pictures that you love or photos that don't do you justice.