Did he read the letter?

Astrologer4U

I have been dealing with an unpredictable friend for the longest. Recently I was in the same place as he was, I doodled a two page letter while sitting in my car parked next to his car in the parking lot. I put the letter through the window of his car but I don't know if he has read the letter or if he just over looked it or threw it away.

I am curious to know, Did he read the letter?

I am not sure what connections to look for in this chart but I do know that this chart looks very interesting, never seen one come any where near looking like it. I suppose I need to look for something connecting to Mercury. Pleas help me get started with trying to interpret this chart. I wish there was a class I could take on interpreting horary charts but his is the only place I can come to and use my experiences as hands on training. So if anyone could help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Astrologer4U

Attachments

• didhereadmyletter.jpg
    didhereadmyletter.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 38

Astrologer4U

Mercury is in it's dignity, and me (the Sun) is also in it's dignity. Mars is in the 3rd house of communication and it is in it's detriment. From that I am going to say that he read the letter but he threw it away or destroyed it after. Then again, Saturn is conjunct Venus and Saturn is exhalted so maybe he did not destroy the letter.

Please Help me!!!!

Astrologer4U

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation)

Yes, he read your letter:
-he = 7th house = Aquarius = Saturn significator
-your letter = 3rd from the ascendant (you) = Libra = Venus significator
-Venus/Saturn are conjunct (hence he read your letter)
-further indications are: Mercury (lord of communications) chases Venus/Saturn; Moon also chases both significators; your significator (Sun, as ruler of ascending sign) also chases Saturn (him)

However, in my method I would not attempt to speculate what his reaction to your letter was (other AW members, with their methods, might do this) In my outlook, another specific question regarding his reaction to your letter, would need to be asked.

Tanne

I agree with Dr. Farr - he did read your letter. Dr. Farr - when you say the Moon chases Venus/Saturn what exactly are the rules for this? I have read a few of your Horary answers and I am not too sure about this. I am assuming that the benefics are a yes and the malefics are a no - hopefully I am getting the jist of the method.
Thank you.

dr. farr

In the Ankara (Old Turkish) tradition which I (largely) follow (in horary and event charts), the term "chases" (such as "Moon chases") simply means that the Moon (or other planet-if direct) is:
-located behind the other planet (in the wheel of the zodiac)
and
-is swifter in motion than the other planet
Thus:
-Moon in, say Aries, Jupiter in, say, Leo:
Moon is "behind" Jupiter (in the zodiac) AND Moon is swifter in motion than Jupiter,hence "Moon chases Jupiter"
However, "behind in the zodiac" only refers to the maximum limit of 5 signs: if the planet "behind" is 6 signs away, this is opposition therefore this planet does NOT chase the other planet.
In the Ankara tradition, the Moon "chasing" a significator planet is auspicious (it brings "fortune" to the significator planet); Moon "flees" (is ahead of a planet in the wheel of zodiacal signs) is inauspcious (it shows "fortune" moving away from the significator planet)

Tanne

Thank you very much for clarifying this for me! Horary Astrology is one of my favourite branches of Astrology.

dr. farr

Thank you very much for clarifying this for me! Horary Astrology is one of my favourite branches of Astrology.

Glad you found it of interest; however, I must emphasize that the methods I use are NOT what you would read about in the books on standard/traditionalist (Western) horary practice! This is why I place a disclaimer at the head of all of my horary delineation posts!

Once upon a time, I tried to learn horary from Lilly and Simmonite, and absolutely gave it up due to the mind-boggling confusion of rules, do's and don't's, minutiae regarding this and that, characterizing thier approach. Only years later did I discover that good horary results could be obtained by other methods (this is when,back in the 1970's, I learned about the Ankara tradition and its horary approach) Even now, when I read the obviously expert delineations by traditionalist horary practitioners here on AW, sometimes my little mind starts spinning, and-for me at least-I'm thankful that I learned "another way"...(this in no way is intended to demean traditionalist horary-experts in it MUST be geniuses, from my perspective-I sure cannot fathom it!!)

Last edited:

Tanne

Hi Dr Farr.

I am studying Horary Astrology at the moment and it is in old English - it is stuff nightmares are made of! So, I was delighted to see your short, concise method. I also like to use several different methods to see if I arrive at the same conclusion. I have studied Medieval Astrology and I do find it to be accurate - it is just a lot more to think about when you do delineate. Thank you again for your help - I am learning a lot from this forum.