New Career Path for me? Yes or No?

queenfluff

I am slowly learning about the houses right now but I am trying to figure out what direction to take right now concerning my career. I seem to be at a "blockage" for the last few years (unemployed) and, yeah, I know the economy is bad but I am wondering if there is another reason why I am not finding work in my current field and whether the last few years of many serious life-changing events is telling me I need I change my career path also and if now that economy is slow, this would be a good time to do this change. Only bad thing is that I can not afford to go back to school right now.

Btw, I am no stranger to switching careers but right now I am not sure if I should continue of on my last one or not.

If anyone has any insights on my natal chart (I did a progressed chart too not sure if that is needed) I would really appreciate it because I am definately stuck.

I also did a Natal reading on cafeastrology.com and I was interested to find out that it said that because my Tenth House in Virgo that all medical, paramedic and social work is recommended. And also about my Saturn in the Sixth House that "She can focus on a job in the medical field, where she will probably be successful, as she possesses all the necessary qualities."

I was pleasantly surprised by this because I have a Bachelors in Psych (which I got mostly for Animal Behavior but took Human Psych too) and was considering going into counseling or therapy or related psych work now. I was always thinking I might do something else with that degree some day.

If it helps, my past major careers were the following:

hair dresser
zookeeper
computer programmer

Programmer is my last (current) field. I have enjoyed all my jobs because as long as I am doing well and am busy and I am interested in my work - I am usually happy. I have always exceled at whatever job I am in and felt I was very good at all of them. Because of health reasons, I should not go back to being a zookeeper and do not wish to go back to doing hair (it was SO long ago anyhow)

All of my other smaller jobs were related to these fields. I did work in a hospital for 7 years while going through school but it was clerical.

I hope my background info might help out. I really have a feeling/intuition I am supposed to dump IT and move on but I have made so many mistakes in the past few years I don't want to make another serious one. :)

Any insights appreciated (if this needs to be in the vocational astrology forum, please feel free to move it - I put here because I am a beginner).

Thanks!

:biggrin:

Attachments

• astrochart BIG.jpg
    astrochart BIG.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 33

R4VEN

I am interesteed in your questions re vocation, queenfluff, partly because you have had such a chequered (`checkered' - US spelling???) career history.

Firstly and most obviously - to me, at least - is the following:

• Neptune conjunct your Scorpio Asc, so you thrive when in `helping others' mode. You wish to do some good in the world, and to leave it a better place.
  • Virgo MC - ruled by Merc (conj Jupiter) in Libra in 11th. Mercury is only aspected by a conjunction to Jupiter, and quintile with Mars. You may well be a life-time-learner - one who never has gathered enough information. You may also be an information-giver, and your Virgo MC supports you in giving you ways of sorting and sifting through the information gathered.
  • Saturn in 6th - on cusp - in Taurus, which indicates to me that you can be hard on your body, pushing it beyond its limits at times. It also may indicate you finding your niche in life much later than most. You may have a circuitous route to follow in order to find what best suits you. (You are one for whom different things will work better at different times of your life.)
Your chart ruler - Pluto - is closely conjunct your Sun in the 10th in Virgo. I suspect that you have a natural ability for any - or all - of the following:

• taking responsibility/taking charge
  • getting down to the deepest core of the matter - like a detective searching for the `bad guy'.
  • a desire to heal - yourself, others, the world.
  • a desire to know the underlying causes of phenomena and behaviour you see around you.
Now, how you interpret that is best left up to you, but I think that the psychology/helping/counseling pathway is a good start. Perhaps you could find an area of interest and/or expertise within this umbrella of qualifications. The Pluto-Sun conjunction can sometimes indicate that you have had to deal with abuse/control/manipulation by others - most likely men - and so your own personal experiences and outcomes may give you a lead-in of some kind.

What I have written is a bit vague, I know, but I usually hesitate from stating openly what I think a person should/could do. That decisions is always best left to you. I think that any career change you make now will perhaps be in the field of psych/counseling/guidance, but the area needs to be one which sparks your interest.

EDIT: You also have Moon and Pluto in quintile. I also have this placement, and it further strengthens the desire to know why - i.e. why do people do that? why are some people so cruel? what is at the core of those feelings? etc.

Last edited:

queenfluff

I am interesteed in your questions re vocation, queenfluff, partly because you have had such a chequered (`checkered' - US spelling???) career history.

Firstly and most obviously - to me, at least - is the following:

• Neptune conjunct your Scorpio Asc, so you thrive when in `helping others' mode. You wish to do some good in the world, and to leave it a better place.
  • Virgo MC - ruled by Merc (conj Jupiter) in Libra in 11th. Mercury is only aspected by a conjunction to Jupiter, and quintile with Mars. You may well be a life-time-learner - one who never has gathered enough information. You may also be an information-giver, and your Virgo MC supports you in giving you ways of sorting and sifting through the information gathered.
  • Saturn in 6th - on cusp - in Taurus, which indicates to me that you can be hard on your body, pushing it beyond its limits at times. It also may indicate you finding your niche in life much later than most. You may have a circuitous route to follow in order to find what best suits you. (You are one for whom different things will work better at different times of your life.)
Your chart ruler - Pluto - is closely conjunct your Sun in the 10th in Virgo. I suspect that you have a natural ability for any - or all - of the following:

• taking responsibility/taking charge
  • getting down to the deepest core of the matter - like a detective searching for the `bad guy'.
  • a desire to heal - yourself, others, the world.
  • a desire to know the underlying causes of phenomena and behaviour you see around you.
Now, how you interpret that is best left up to you, but I think that the psychology/helping/counseling pathway is a good start. Perhaps you could find an area of interest and/or expertise within this umbrella of qualifications. The Pluto-Sun conjunction can sometimes indicate that you have had to deal with abuse/control/manipulation by others - most likely men - and so your own personal experiences and outcomes may give you a lead-in of some kind.

What I have written is a bit vague, I know, but I usually hesitate from stating openly what I think a person should/could do. That decisions is always best left to you. I think that any career change you make now will perhaps be in the field of psych/counseling/guidance, but the area needs to be one which sparks your interest.

EDIT: You also have Moon and Pluto in quintile. I also have this placement, and it further strengthens the desire to know why - i.e. why do people do that? why are some people so cruel? what is at the core of those feelings? etc.

Raven,

Thanks so much for your insights! Yes, I have a crazy work background. Just a bit of elaboration on that. The hair dresser career was not something I always wanted to do - I didn't know what I wanted to do right out of high school (who does?) and my friend was going to beauty school which was right by my high school and I thought it would be interesting (I thought maybe I would go to Hollywood and go makeup for the stars or something). So, I did finish and did hair for 3 years after that but I knew I wasn't going to stay with that.

You are correct with the "help others and leave the world in a better place" insight. That is why I became a zookeeper. I wanted to do something conservation related and make a difference and that job definately fullfilled that. Plus, I definately wanted to work with animals (I also worked at a cat shelter). With the Scorpio Rising, I have that strong non-verbal rapport with animals. I had started out doing a Bachelors in Bio but I am so bad at math and chemistry that it was holding me back and a friend suggested that I switch to Psych - which is actually more useful when working with animal because of the behavioral aspect. When I started college it was a battle in my head between computers or conservation - at the time (early 90s) the Internet and such wasn't really in full swing yet, conservation won out. But I always thought I would go back to computers because being a Virgo I like the analysis and details.

I switched from the Zookeeping to the computers mostly because of financial reasons at the time. I do love programming because I like problem solving etc. but the IT field is looking very bad right now. And I recently had some serious health problems that have changed my out look on life and I was frustrated with the lack of support in the medicial system esp. psychologically. Also too, always being interested in astrology, I love the personality aspect of it.

So as far as picking a field of psych - when in college, besides the animal psych stuff I took, I went for the abnormal psych, addiction,women, religion and that sort of extremes/differences. I wasn't too interested in the developmental psych or family and I am pretty sure I do not want to work with children.

You are also correct about the life-long learner - I am always finding something I want to know more about. (right now it is astrology!) So, yes, I guess I have many interests that I always want to improve on.

Hard on the body? Yes, I suppose so. I spend 8 years working my way through school and definately burned the candle at both ends and even when I finished I went back to school yet again for IT and than again to work on my Masters (which I didn't finish for money reasons). So, yes, I have almost continueously been like this. Health wise - I have a restricted diet - I am a diabetic and a vegan so I am always changing this or that diet wise and I have been doing it for 20 years (diabetic just recently though). Does that show up in my chart?

Well, if things will work out for me better later in life, I hope the later is starting soon. Not that I didn't do the things I wanted to do before (I did!) but yes, things work out differently at different times like you said. Right now none of those past things working for me at all!

I am the taking responsibility type. Take charge, yes too - but not as a boss - I don't want to really be the boss. I am not really one who wants to be the one "in charge". But I am good that taking projects over and can do them all by myself and do them well.

Yes, the detective thing - that would be me. In fact, on my cafe astrology reading for my 12 house it mentioned police work or detective work but I don't have any interested in that. But I do like to know how things work esp. if that means I can fix them! And I am always looking for the "real truth" in people or things or ideas.

The desire to heal? Yes, I think I do. Esp. I am interested in equality in the world.

I haven't really had any abuse/control issues with men. If anything, I may be too nice and too giving and people will take advantage of that. I give and give and rarely get anything back.

So, in all, for my chart, does the field of psychology look like something I would be well suited for (succeed in) considering my chart? Would a progressed chart show something different or is the natal chart really the only one to use?

I was kind of thinking about either mental disorders, addictions, eating disorders or working with people who have chronic health conditions or specifically with women (since I am a bit of a feminist). I was thinking to start I might volunteer at the hosptial and hopefully I can pick to be in the psych ward and see what it is like.

Last edited:

Ebenia

The thing that I noticed first is that you have Moon square MC. This could mean that your career and jobs will go hand in hand with your changing emotions and will change as your emotions change. You can also do a lot of career decisions based on your feelings, which is not always the most stabilizing thing for the future career. This may also explain your job changes quite a lot. I think you should be aware of your tendency to want to change job as a substitute for your emotional ups and downs and you should know that sometimes the problem is not the work itself but your emotions. This may cause a lot of ups and downs in your career for "no reason" but also a very interesting career life (which I bet you can agree with ;)).

One thing that I think you should search information about, is Saturn in Taurus in your 6th house. This planet is quite on it's own on your chart and I think that if you really want to find a stabile workplace, it could come through this Saturn. Saturn in 6th house in Taurus combines the themes of Virgo (details, day-to-day things, service for others) and Taurus (resources, food, body, senses, money, art, earth). You may find it hard to understand the Saturn influence in your life because of it's isolated position. I think you should really pay attention to this placement, cause it can give you ideas of a stabile works that you could do.

Also I noticed that even though you have all this Neptune-theme going on because of your Asc position, I think that your chart in other parts do not necessarily say that you would like to be in a job like that. You have a lot of action energy and a lot of Air and Fire and I kind of think that in a normal psychology -type of work you could get bored, cause it is mainly sitting in your office listening some person tell you every day the same things. If you have a calling for it, sure, go for it. But this is my "warning" to you that it might not be as glorious as you might think. :) Also it depends what kind of helping work it would be.

I think that you would be most suited in a work place where there is a lot happening and you could use your Mars in Sagittarius energy well. You have also well aspected 11th house and it could indicate that you could do well for working for some kind of group purpose or in a group. It also signifies teenagers and with Venus in 9th house in Leo and Mercury conjunct Jupiter so, maybe you would enjoy teaching or being some kind of helper for teenagers in schools or something? I think you would be excellent teacher, especially because you yourself have such an interest in the world and probably much information about things. Charity groups could also work.

Because your chart ruler is Pluto in 10th house, I think that in a way you would have to work in a leading positions in some part of your life and learn what power really means and how to use it for the good and not the bad.

I think you have a lot of good things going on, but I think that maybe your ASC Neptune may confuse you a little to see your full potential.

You have your North node in Pisces in fourth house and I think that one part of your life is actually to get rid of all that obsessive thinking that "career is everything" and actually you would need to concentrate also on your home and maybe making a home of your own one day.

All the best for you! Please find information about your Saturn also. :)

BobZemco

Btw, I am no stranger to switching careers

Would anyone on this forum like to know why?

Taurus on the 6th House Cusp is a Fixed Sign, but Sagittarius on the 2nd House Cusp and Virgo on the 10th House Cusp are Mutable (Moving) Signs.

People who have Mutable Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius, Virgo or Pisces) or Bicorporeal Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces) on the 2nd, 6th or 10th House often switch careers, sometimes more than once.

You need at least two of the foregoing, preferably on the 6th and 10th House Cusps, because a Bicorporeal or Mutable Sign on the 2nd House means your income, possessions, gains/losses etc will fluctuate (but I suspect you know that all too well).

You can't use Noel Tyl's method because you don't have a Final Dispositor (you're stuck in a Virgo Loop).

queenfluff said:
Yes, the detective thing - that would be me. In fact, on my cafe astrology reading for my 12 house it mentioned police work or detective work but I don't have any interested in that.

Um, no kidding. Generic Internet Voodoo Sun-Sign Astrology always fails.

Pluto is Combust and the Sun rules the 9th House.

Pluto in Virgo is a nice placement because why? Right, Virgo sextiles Scorpio. I have Pluto in Virgo in the 10th ruling a Scorpio Ascendant and I was a detective, and a private investigator and a paralegal (who did mostly case law research), but then my Pluto was square a 7th House Sun ruling Leo in the 9th House, not Combust.

See the difference? Aspects, signs and house placements make the difference.

You don't have a Virgo MC.

What you have is a Mutable Earth Virgo MC and a Fixed Earth Taurus 6th House.

In English, that's "hands-on" you like to touch things and interact and see what you have ultimately created or produced (that's the Venus ruling Taurus thing).

You might have noticed that all of your jobs involve interacting, touching and creating or producing, um, not shuffling papers around.

That's also why you're not into investigating things (if you had an Aries 6th House your life would be different).

queenfluff

The thing that I noticed first is that you have Moon square MC. This could mean that your career and jobs will go hand in hand with your changing emotions and will change as your emotions change. You can also do a lot of career decisions based on your feelings, which is not always the most stabilizing thing for the future career. This may also explain your job changes quite a lot. I think you should be aware of your tendency to want to change job as a substitute for your emotional ups and downs and you should know that sometimes the problem is not the work itself but your emotions. This may cause a lot of ups and downs in your career for "no reason" but also a very interesting career life (which I bet you can agree with ;)).

One thing that I think you should search information about, is Saturn in Taurus in your 6th house. This planet is quite on it's own on your chart and I think that if you really want to find a stabile workplace, it could come through this Saturn. Saturn in 6th house in Taurus combines the themes of Virgo (details, day-to-day things, service for others) and Taurus (resources, food, body, senses, money, art, earth). You may find it hard to understand the Saturn influence in your life because of it's isolated position. I think you should really pay attention to this placement, cause it can give you ideas of a stabile works that you could do.

Also I noticed that even though you have all this Neptune-theme going on because of your Asc position, I think that your chart in other parts do not necessarily say that you would like to be in a job like that. You have a lot of action energy and a lot of Air and Fire and I kind of think that in a normal psychology -type of work you could get bored, cause it is mainly sitting in your office listening some person tell you every day the same things. If you have a calling for it, sure, go for it. But this is my "warning" to you that it might not be as glorious as you might think. :) Also it depends what kind of helping work it would be.

I think that you would be most suited in a work place where there is a lot happening and you could use your Mars in Sagittarius energy well. You have also well aspected 11th house and it could indicate that you could do well for working for some kind of group purpose or in a group. It also signifies teenagers and with Venus in 9th house in Leo and Mercury conjunct Jupiter so, maybe you would enjoy teaching or being some kind of helper for teenagers in schools or something? I think you would be excellent teacher, especially because you yourself have such an interest in the world and probably much information about things. Charity groups could also work.

Because your chart ruler is Pluto in 10th house, I think that in a way you would have to work in a leading positions in some part of your life and learn what power really means and how to use it for the good and not the bad.

I think you have a lot of good things going on, but I think that maybe your ASC Neptune may confuse you a little to see your full potential.

You have your North node in Pisces in fourth house and I think that one part of your life is actually to get rid of all that obsessive thinking that "career is everything" and actually you would need to concentrate also on your home and maybe making a home of your own one day.

All the best for you! Please find information about your Saturn also. :)

Ebenia,

Thank you very much for your insights and feedback!

I am not quite sure if I am in agreement on the leaving jobs because of feelings because my reasons to leave my jobs or change careers were based on other issues actually. Not that I was "dissatified" with my work - I just had other reasons (financial) or other. I quit the hair dressing job because of my boss attacking me in the back room - I was very young (20) and didn't know what to do - I was scared so I just left and didn't go back, called them and told them I quit. I don't consider that to count though. I never planned on doing that forever and I knew it at the beginning.

I always plan out careful all my decisions - I am quite indecisive actually - except for the hair dresser situation, I have never quit a job without thinking it through and having a backup. If I am knowing the situation is not working and I know I want to be doing something else, I make my plans first (go back to school, get another position) before i make any rash decisions. I am definate not a job hopper - employers love me because I do more than my fair share. Yes, I have had some career changes but there were realstic reasons why I did them - not because I didn't like the jobs anymore. In fact, I loved my zookeeper job - it was very hard to leave. But I couldn't pay my rent on that salary - I had to be practical about the situation.

I will look into Saturn more. I just ordered a copy of the Inner Sky to learn more about planets and houses and I am looking forward to it arriving.

Oh gosh, I do not want to be a teacher - this I know. I am good one-on-one but I do not like to speak in front of a group of people. I do like to help people but have to stand up and talk all the time and have everyone staring at me - no, not of interest to me. Not even sure what I would teach. I really wasn't an honors student in any subject (math esp. - I still count on my fingers! LOL)

I have never wanted to be the boss - this is another thing I definately know and have all my life. I am too interested in things being equal to have to be the one telling people what to do. Even when I am in charge of a project for whatever reason, I want all of us to feel like we are the same level. I guess I would be OK being my own boss if I didn't have people below me.

I am not sure what you mean by using power for good instead of bad. Have i done that? That part confused me. I have always used my knowlege for good and not bad.

I don't know that much about the Node. But I don't have that sort of thinking. Yes, having a career I like is important to me but I know there are others things in life too. For home, well, I don't want to get married or have kids so setting up a "home" where I just stay there and no career - not what I have ever wanted. I like to have something useful and productive to do. I thought I would have my own "home" (sans kids) by this time in my life but the recession ended that for me - I was well on my way until I was laid off. So, the "home" dream - well, I am not putting my hopes into it all.

queenfluff

Taurus on the 6th House Cusp is a Fixed Sign, but Sagittarius on the 2nd House Cusp and Virgo on the 10th House Cusp are Mutable (Moving) Signs.

People who have Mutable Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius, Virgo or Pisces) or Bicorporeal Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces) on the 2nd, 6th or 10th House often switch careers, sometimes more than once.

You need at least two of the foregoing, preferably on the 6th and 10th House Cusps, because a Bicorporeal or Mutable Sign on the 2nd House means your income, possessions, gains/losses etc will fluctuate (but I suspect you know that all too well).

You can't use Noel Tyl's method because you don't have a Final Dispositor (you're stuck in a Virgo Loop).

Um, no kidding. Generic Internet Voodoo Sun-Sign Astrology always fails.

Pluto is Combust and the Sun rules the 9th House.

Pluto in Virgo is a nice placement because why? Right, Virgo sextiles Scorpio. I have Pluto in Virgo in the 10th ruling a Scorpio Ascendant and I was a detective, and a private investigator and a paralegal (who did mostly case law research), but then my Pluto was square a 7th House Sun ruling Leo in the 9th House, not Combust.

See the difference? Aspects, signs and house placements make the difference.

You don't have a Virgo MC.

What you have is a Mutable Earth Virgo MC and a Fixed Earth Taurus 6th House.

In English, that's "hands-on" you like to touch things and interact and see what you have ultimately created or produced (that's the Venus ruling Taurus thing).

You might have noticed that all of your jobs involve interacting, touching and creating or producing, um, not shuffling papers around.

That's also why you're not into investigating things (if you had an Aries 6th House your life would be different).

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your insights! I must admit I am a beginner and some of what you said went over my head but hopefully I will understand it better soon.

What do you mean by stuck in a "virgo loop?" That doesn't sound too good! :)

At least I know I am not alone in being a "career switcher" - many signs might do it. Not saying it is best thing in the world but in todays economy and changing job situations - sometimes it is necessary for some. If I could get an IT job now, I would go in a flash because I really need a job but I might have to face the fact that maybe this is not something I am really supposed to be doing at this point in my life.

Sorry, but I thought that cafeastrology.com was one of the recommended sites on here. Several people recommended it and I learned alot reading on there about the planets and houses. (the report I did was based on my exact place and time of birth not just my sun sign)

Could you explain a bit more about why my Pluto is combust compared to yours not being? Is it because of the Sun being a different house on my chart than yours? I got a bit lost there.

Actually, I DID have a job "shuffling papers around" for 7 years! :)I worked in medical records - lots of papers and filing. And I didn't mind it at all as I like to organize and be efficient. That sort of thing is very easy for me. In a way, you get to see "what you have created" there too - nice, organized workplace (Virgos like that stuff -well, this one does). LOL! (I know what isn't exactly what you meant but sometimes it depends on how you look at it too I guess. :))

You are correct about the hands-on thing - that was my main things I wanted when I went into the conservation field was to have a job where I worked directly with the animals/ or whatever it was I making a difference for. And yes, for programming too, I like being a developer and I don't want to not having any developer work in my job. I would hate it if it was all meetings and business talk and no "hands-on" type of work at all.

Although, in certain ways, I do like to investigate things but it more that I like to research and understand them (like now with astrology). Don't think I would want to be an private investigator type even though I think I am very good with details and picking up on subtle things - but, yeah, I never thought about being a cop-type ever. :)

Thanks Bob!

R4VEN

So, in all, for my chart, does the field of psychology look like something I would be well suited for (succeed in) considering my chart? Would a progressed chart show something different or is the natal chart really the only one to use?

I was kind of thinking about either mental disorders, addictions, eating disorders or working with people who have chronic health conditions or specifically with women (since I am a bit of a feminist). I was thinking to start I might volunteer at the hosptial and hopefully I can pick to be in the psych ward and see what it is like.
Firstly, progressions would/could give you some insight as to what you could follow at this time in your life........................
BUT -
the best path to follow is that determined by your instincts and drives, and you intimate an interest in the eating disorders area. Your idea to begin by volunteering is a very good one. I think that the mental health area - and especially an area which seems to be a feminine one (almost) exclusively - would suit you. Again, I think that your close Pluto-Sun conjunction, especially being in sextile with Neptune on your Ascendant, is driving you `somewhere', and this place is likely to be one where there are issues of control/power at the base of the matter. Eating disorders are all about control & power, the absence of it, and how an individual chooses to compensate for that - often by expressing a lot of power over those close to them through their eating disorder behaviour. A person with Sun-Pluto conjunct is usually seen as being very powerful, so to investigate an area with power at its base would be an interesting journey for you.

BobZemco

What do you mean by stuck in a "virgo loop?"

Your Chart co-ruler is Mars. Mars is in Sagittarius. Mars reports this boss Jupiter. Jupiter is in Libra. He reports to his boss Venus. Venus is in Leo, she reports to her boss the Sun. The Sun is in Virgo. The Sun reports to his boss Mercury. Mercury is in Libra and reports to Venus who reports to the Sun who reports to Mercury who reports to Venus....

....too many Chefs spoil the broth.

Your other chart co-ruler is Pluto in Virgo who reports to Mercury who reports to Venus who reports to the Sun who reports to who reports to Mercury who reports to Venus who reports to the Sun who reports to Mercury....

...too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

I'm sure you knew that already.

Could you explain a bit more about why my Pluto is combust compared to yours not being?

Any Planet conjunct the Sun is Combust and has no power. So who really rules your chart is Mars.

I like to organize and be efficient.

That would be your 6th House Saturn ruling your 3rd House.

In my book, Uranus is the co-ruler of Virgo, so that's where the humanitarian/conservation Green thing came from (that and the Sun in the 10th ruling the 9th).

You need to look at your progressions. You have Virgo Pluto so that puts you somewhere in the late 60s/early 70s. Your progressed Sun has to be late in Libra (where it would be in Fall and not very powerful) if not in Scorpio, and your Ascendant has probably progressed into Capricorn (ruled by Saturn) where if you weren't organize you got organized or got even more organized (but not quite completely anal retentive).

Your progressed Ascendant conjuncting Mars was or will be a major event in your life.

You have a Retrograde Mercury/Saturn, you need to find if or when they will go Direct.

You also more or less have a Bucket Pattern with Saturn in the 6th as the handle, so that will be the outlet or focus of what you do. Even with your progressions, you probably still have a Bucket Pattern so that won't change much.

If you want to hear something positive, the 4th House is the end of your life and that's Pisces ruled by Jupiter in the 11th House. Libra is neither the best nor worst place. At least it's succedent and it rules your 2nd House.

You won't end up as a bag lady. I'm sure you're relieved.

queenfluff

Firstly, progressions would/could give you some insight as to what you could follow at this time in your life........................
BUT -
the best path to follow is that determined by your instincts and drives, and you intimate an interest in the eating disorders area. Your idea to begin by volunteering is a very good one. I think that the mental health area - and especially an area which seems to be a feminine one (almost) exclusively - would suit you. Again, I think that your close Pluto-Sun conjunction, especially being in sextile with Neptune on your Ascendant, is driving you `somewhere', and this place is likely to be one where there are issues of control/power at the base of the matter. Eating disorders are all about control & power, the absence of it, and how an individual chooses to compensate for that - often by expressing a lot of power over those close to them through their eating disorder behaviour. A person with Sun-Pluto conjunct is usually seen as being very powerful, so to investigate an area with power at its base would be an interesting journey for you.

Raven,

Thanks for more of your insights! I very much appreciate them. It really helps me. :) I DO have a power of that sort - esp. I would say my willpower is very strong. I do not get addicted to things. I have a hard time understanding why people can't quit smoking etc. So, yes, that is why things like addictions and eating disorders are of interest to me in a way. Plus, I am very into health/healthy eating has always been most of my life. Eating disorders are also a distortion of body image too - not just control power - usually the person doesn't have control in other areas of their life so they can control what they eat (or don't) but they also tend to have a warped body image and the fear associated with it (sometimes brought upon by society or something that happened to them when they were young).

queenfluff

Your Chart co-ruler is Mars. Mars is in Sagittarius. Mars reports this boss Jupiter. Jupiter is in Libra. He reports to his boss Venus. Venus is in Leo, she reports to her boss the Sun. The Sun is in Virgo. The Sun reports to his boss Mercury. Mercury is in Libra and reports to Venus who reports to the Sun who reports to Mercury who reports to Venus....

....too many Chefs spoil the broth.

Your other chart co-ruler is Pluto in Virgo who reports to Mercury who reports to Venus who reports to the Sun who reports to who reports to Mercury who reports to Venus who reports to the Sun who reports to Mercury....

...too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

I'm sure you knew that already.

Any Planet conjunct the Sun is Combust and has no power. So who really rules your chart is Mars.

That would be your 6th House Saturn ruling your 3rd House.

In my book, Uranus is the co-ruler of Virgo, so that's where the humanitarian/conservation Green thing came from (that and the Sun in the 10th ruling the 9th).

You need to look at your progressions. You have Virgo Pluto so that puts you somewhere in the late 60s/early 70s. Your progressed Sun has to be late in Libra (where it would be in Fall and not very powerful) if not in Scorpio, and your Ascendant has probably progressed into Capricorn (ruled by Saturn) where if you weren't organize you got organized or got even more organized (but not quite completely anal retentive).

Your progressed Ascendant conjuncting Mars was or will be a major event in your life.

You have a Retrograde Mercury/Saturn, you need to find if or when they will go Direct.

You also more or less have a Bucket Pattern with Saturn in the 6th as the handle, so that will be the outlet or focus of what you do. Even with your progressions, you probably still have a Bucket Pattern so that won't change much.

If you want to hear something positive, the 4th House is the end of your life and that's Pisces ruled by Jupiter in the 11th House. Libra is neither the best nor worst place. At least it's succedent and it rules your 2nd House.

You won't end up as a bag lady. I'm sure you're relieved.

Hi Bob!

Thanks again for more insights! I finally figured out the "path" of the Virgo Loop you are talking about but I think in your first sentence you meant "Sagittarius reports his boss Jupiter" and not "Mars reports this boss Jupiter" . Sagittarius goes with the planet Jupiter, right? If so,than I get the Virgo Loop.

So, it appears that my Mercury in Libra in my 11th House and my Sun in the 9th is what is kinda of causing this Loop. How is this a bad or good thing I am not quite clear on yet? I do understand what a Mercury in Libra person is like - and yeah, that is like me.

Do lots of people have Loops like this? or is it unusual? I guess it would be preferable for not to have these, as you said, it is "looping" through the same planets/signs continuously and not touching/involving any of the other in the chart (don't know if that is the way it works or not just a guess)

I couldn't follow the "That would be your 6th House Saturn ruling your 3rd House." completely but I'll take a stab.

My Saturn(in Taurus) is in my 6th House and it rules my 3rd House (which is empty) because Aquarius is the sign ruler of my 3rd House who has a ruling Planet of Saturn. I think that is right???? But my question is that why the 3rd House as Capricorn also has Saturn as its Planet and that is my 2nd House.

I guess i would have a similar question about what you mentioned about my 4th House, end of my life and Libra ruling the 2nd house. Again, is it because my Libra is with Jupiter and that Jupiter is Sagittarius' ruler and my 2nd House is Sagittarius - again, why not Pisces (which according to the list I have also has Jupiter as its planet)?

Also, what is this about the 4th House being the 'end of my life'? (eek! sounds scarey!) It that just for my chart or is that for everyones chart?
Ok, so, yes, nice I won't be a bag lady (although I never thought I would - wasn't worry about that!) but it sounds like my life will not be too great nor too bad. Is that career wise you are talking about here?

I have no idea what a Bucket Pattern is so I will have to look it up. I just recieved my InnerSky book yesterday and I am looking forward to reading it so all of this will make better sense for me. But I understand the Loop now, thanks for explaining.

I am attaching the progressed chart I ran thru astro.com. (Yes, I was born in 1969.) I noticed they had two types. I did the one with the progression, transits, and natal. Looks like I have a progressed sun in Scorpio, ascendant in Sagittarius. If you can let me know, what you think. I follow it but not sure how to interpret. I guess I would just use the same method I do for my natal alone but what I interpret would apply to my life now? Correct?

Thanks again! :)
queen

Attachments

• Natal, Progressions and Transits.jpg
    Natal, Progressions and Transits.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: