Exploding Head

I find myself surprised that I've never been on an astrology forum until now. I've been immersed in astrology and numerology for over 25 years now, and immersed in computers for even longer.

Anyways, I've got a non-stop stream of ideas and opinions about almost everything non-ordinary. I'm very into some of the ideas of guys like Richard Tarnas (his book Cosmos & Psyche is something that seems like I might have written word for word in parts), but my main astrological influences are probably Marcia Moore and Paul Six (if he's out there).

My big breakthrough came in 1986 when I began to correlate the Tarot with Numerology, and from there...

mandala.html
meta4.gif

I've done a couple hundred charts at least. I do readings for friends, and occasionally (seldom) professionally. I use the free Halloran software but if I still had a Mac I would use Time Cycles Research.

Thanks for reading. Hope to see you around...

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Immediocracy,
Welcome to the forum.
This looks fascinating.Is it very time consuming to produce such a reading?
Lilly

Hi Immediocracy,
Welcome to the forum.
This looks fascinating.Is it very time consuming to produce such a reading?
Lilly
Thanks,

That's just like a map that correlates different common cycles and symmetries. It's not a reading or anything, there's only that one diagram. At the time I didn't realize that what I was doing was basically alchemy.

msymdia.jpg

Niplan

Banned
if your interested, you can always research magic squares, alot of the golden dawn stuff has cyphers for using astrology numerology.

I have some notes in a grimore if your interested, it basically explains how to interchange astrology information with numerology, using a magic square cypher. Which then of course also from numbers can be turned into Hebrew letters to be used in (grammaton?) Gammatetron? Something like that, its where you find new meanings of the letters using numerological correspondences between letters.
(since in Hebrew the letters are the numbers.)

which then leads to... sigil/talismin magic using electional astrology.

if your interested, you can always research magic squares, alot of the golden dawn stuff has cyphers for using astrology numerology...

Thanks. So far I haven't had a pull toward any formal Hermetic schools or magical practice (I like to keep things as concrete as possible, more of a cartographer than an explorer) but I'm always open to new possibilities.

dr. farr

if your interested, you can always research magic squares, alot of the golden dawn stuff has cyphers for using astrology numerology.

I have some notes in a grimore if your interested, it basically explains how to interchange astrology information with numerology, using a magic square cypher. Which then of course also from numbers can be turned into Hebrew letters to be used in (grammaton?) Gammatetron? Something like that, its where you find new meanings of the letters using numerological correspondences between letters.
(since in Hebrew the letters are the numbers.)

which then leads to... sigil/talismin magic using electional astrology.

+the term applicable here is "Gematria"; there is also a related technique called "Notaricon"; both have been applied to Hebrew and Greek words and letters (a variant of Notaricon has been applied to Sanskrit)

+a very interesting and highly informative work on the subject of astrology and "numerology" is Eisen's, "Cabalah of Astrology:The language of Number" (available from AstroAmerica)

+of course a classic on the subject of astrology and numerology/letter vibrations, is Sepharial's "Kabbalistic Astrology"

I myself take much of the above material quite seriously, and my own outlook on astrology is strongly colored by my esoteric leanings regarding hermeticism and alchemy.

Welcome to the group! :biggrin:

Numerologically speaking...I am a 9 using my date of birth. That suites my Pisces rising just fine. lol.

Tell us your stats please.

Hi Amy,
Thanks. Here's my natal chart:

http://www.stationlink.com/charts/Imm_chart.jpg

(I like to be somewhat anonymous in public forums, but I'll give more info for anyone who wants to PM me)

I have a 1 Destiny and Motivation (Aries Sun++++) 7 Expression (Virgo Moon, Rising)

Nice to meet you...wow, look at that.
My wife has Virgo Sun Aries Moon, two years before yours.

+the term applicable here is "Gematria"; there is also a related technique called "Notaricon"; both have been applied to Hebrew and Greek words and letters (a variant of Notaricon has been applied to Sanskrit)

+a very interesting and highly informative work on the subject of astrology and "numerology" is Eisen's, "Cabalah of Astrology:The language of Number" (available from AstroAmerica)

+of course a classic on the subject of astrology and numerology/letter vibrations, is Sepharial's "Kabbalistic Astrology"

I myself take much of the above material quite seriously, and my own outlook on astrology is strongly colored by my esoteric leanings regarding hermeticism and alchemy.

Thank you for the recommendations. My nature (see chart:http://www.stationlink.com/charts/Imm_chart.jpg) seems to demand that I be self-directed in my explorations. Generally my pattern has been to discover things for myself and then later find out that they are well known. Which I like, haha. I have to really be drawn to a particular book for me to be able to process it. My own thoughts are usually too distracting. I'll look into these titles though.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Hi Amy,
Thanks. Here's my natal chart:

http://www.stationlink.com/charts/Imm_chart.jpg

(I like to be somewhat anonymous in public forums, but I'll give more info for anyone who wants to PM me)

I have a 1 Destiny and Motivation (Aries Sun++++) 7 Expression (Virgo Moon, Rising)

Nice to meet you...wow, look at that.
My wife has Virgo Sun Aries Moon, two years before yours.

Those Sun/Moon connections in synastry give a great affinity and understanding. My Aries Moon attracts those Aries Sun's. My x husband was an Aries. And with your Virgo rising that doubles those Virgo connections between y'all. My x coulda used some nice earthy Virgo. ahahaha.

dr. farr

Thank you for the recommendations. My nature (see chart:http://www.stationlink.com/charts/Imm_chart.jpg) seems to demand that I be self-directed in my explorations. Generally my pattern has been to discover things for myself and then later find out that they are well known. Which I like, haha. I have to really be drawn to a particular book for me to be able to process it. My own thoughts are usually too distracting. I'll look into these titles though.

Remember, in looking through the above-or other-books, that only the material in them which resonates with you, which "tastes good" to you, should be accepted (provisionally) and then further processed by you.
This is the approach I have taken over the decades, not only with these esoteric subjects, but also with astrology and even with the subjects of my profession (homeopathy, herbal therapeutics, bioenergetics)
I believe that by taking this approach (which, from your post, you already seem to have been doing) we avoid falling into the intellectual slavery of being bound to only one dominant stream of thought, thereby closing our mind to everything which is not part of that stream. We find examples of this type of "intellectual slavery" repeatedly in both the esoteric and astrological fields of study and practice, and I believe it is important for we students of the cosmos to preserve our minds and spirits from falling into such bondage.

Immediacracy,

You are too cool. ;)

Modcleo

Thanks! You're too cute :biggrin: (and I'm too smarmy. ack. must....not..flirt with...internet hotties..)

This my latest, check it out:

comp4b.jpg

I can only claim to have deliberately selected about 70% of the content in there. The more subliminal stuff on the right is strictly serendipitous. I see 'I AM', as well as 'SIAM' with a backward cat tail S and ann M made from conjoined black cats. That's f***ing crazy. I had no idea the tree was a hand until well after I flipped the sinister chirality. I'm noticing that the branches of the tree hands which mirror and touch the eyelashes above the Crescent C (mirroring the stylized moon cat head below, which sets off the solar themes) combine with simese cat (as nose) and flower petal teeth to make a loose jack o lantern-like face or something pushing you back (black cat superstition?) The cat/nose also resonates with the upside down scorpio glyphs.

The forced perspective on the Lichtenstein eye makes it accidentally look like the eye in the pyamid. I'm not that smart. That one was a freebie. On the left side the above the neck the shot of the atmosphere interrupts the image of the Mercurial-teal eclipse such that it suggests plankton and sunlight in the ocean under protective filtering fog. I didn't notice the undercat symmetry either of color and form with the ocean part - a guitar S curve. The fence railing suggests musical notation a bit.

The hourglass theme contrasted with manadala are intentional, but the similarity of the snowflakes (left bottom) to molecular benzene is a freebie. Sideways anatomy view suggests a fish skeleton under the sea uniting the macro world above (top rectangle is inverted satellite photo of part of Rome, bottom is a small sample of the current fastest microprocessor).

The CAT says Cute And Troublesome, btw. The far left rectangles are two zebras inverted (reiteration of the siamese cat theme unintentional) on top of inverted muscle tissue. Animal on one side, meat on the other. The giant fertilizing human ovum does a nice cognitive symmetry with the Coptic iconic eye I Ching mandala with the upper half telescopic astrophysical quarter-moon shape/astrological mandala sun elements. The ribs on the left go with the flower petals on the right.

Let me know if anyone notices anything else fun or has any comments/interpretive insights. I started out trying to plan a different, more diagrammatic piece in the shape of an infinity sign, but I like how this came out better than what I had in mind. Finity+Infinity. There's even more going on here when you look at it sideways or doubled up. Probably I'll print this out to really see what's going on.

doublecomp4b.jpg

Hope y'all, like it as much as I do..

Hey thanks. It's cool.

Like your stuff, posted about it on the Clash of Worldviews thread.:unsure:

not too sure what you will think, could be a littel pushy? :w00t: