Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
sabaku_no_GAARA
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Astrology and suicide

Your astrological sign not only effects the likelihood of you committing suicide, it also effects the way you choose to do it!

Suicide is a tragic reaction to stress, pressure, anger, depression and sometimes mental illness. Why one person faced with a set of circumstances will chose to end their life when another person faced with a similar situation will not even consider it, can often be explained by the personality traits and characteristics of the people involved (amongst other factors of course). Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Astrology knows that the sign a person is born under will influence their personality, creativity, intelligence, success etc.

An extensive study examining 60,000 unnatural deaths revealed that a person's astrological sign not only effects the way they live, it also influences the way they might die. Looking at suicide in particular (as one of more than 10 methods of unnatural deaths reviewed), there is a clear connection between the method used and the probability of killing oneself and the star sign involved.

If you do have a knowledge of Astrology, I imagine that you are already forming conclusions in your head regarding the sign most likely to commit suicide, and how they would do it.

In order to give a clear picture of Astrological sign and suicide, four methods were examined in detail. In drug overdoses, Capricorn and Leo were the equal leaders with Scorpio being the sign least likely to commit suicide in this way. Pisces is the sign most likely to die from suicide by hanging, with Scorpio the least likely again. Carbon Monoxide poisoning (usually in a car) is the method most often chosen by a Taurus, with Sagittarius least likely to choose this way to commit suicide. The final method of killing oneself examined in this study was death by gunshot, with Virgos being ranked first, and Scorpios coming last again.

The signs that ranked first in the above causes can be examined in greater detail, with conclusions being drawn from the traits (negative and positive) of each sign. For example: Pisces, a deeply contemplative water sign given to intense fantasizing may struggle to cope with reality. Add that to a high level of vulnerability many Pisces suffer from and a certain flair for the dramatic and it is not hard to explain why Pisces scores first in hanging. Scorpio is the sign least likely to die an unnatural death from any cause, but is the most likely sign to cause the death of another person.

By knowing how your sign ranks in unnatural deaths and in suicide in particular, you can be better prepared to seek help if you need it, observing your weaknesses and recognizing your strengths.

For more information on the links between unnatural death and Astrological sign, please go to www.rovanus.com

Advertisements:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Cosmiccradle's Avatar
Cosmiccradle Cosmiccradle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 322
Re: Astrology and suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabaku_no_GAARA View Post
Your astrological sign not only effects the likelihood of you committing suicide, it also effects the way you choose to do it!

Suicide is a tragic reaction to stress, pressure, anger, depression and sometimes mental illness. Why one person faced with a set of circumstances will chose to end their life when another person faced with a similar situation will not even consider it, can often be explained by the personality traits and characteristics of the people involved (amongst other factors of course). Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Astrology knows that the sign a person is born under will influence their personality, creativity, intelligence, success etc.

An extensive study examining 60,000 unnatural deaths revealed that a person's astrological sign not only effects the way they live, it also influences the way they might die. Looking at suicide in particular (as one of more than 10 methods of unnatural deaths reviewed), there is a clear connection between the method used and the probability of killing oneself and the star sign involved.

If you do have a knowledge of Astrology, I imagine that you are already forming conclusions in your head regarding the sign most likely to commit suicide, and how they would do it.

In order to give a clear picture of Astrological sign and suicide, four methods were examined in detail. In drug overdoses, Capricorn and Leo were the equal leaders with Scorpio being the sign least likely to commit suicide in this way. Pisces is the sign most likely to die from suicide by hanging, with Scorpio the least likely again. Carbon Monoxide poisoning (usually in a car) is the method most often chosen by a Taurus, with Sagittarius least likely to choose this way to commit suicide. The final method of killing oneself examined in this study was death by gunshot, with Virgos being ranked first, and Scorpios coming last again.

The signs that ranked first in the above causes can be examined in greater detail, with conclusions being drawn from the traits (negative and positive) of each sign. For example: Pisces, a deeply contemplative water sign given to intense fantasizing may struggle to cope with reality. Add that to a high level of vulnerability many Pisces suffer from and a certain flair for the dramatic and it is not hard to explain why Pisces scores first in hanging. Scorpio is the sign least likely to die an unnatural death from any cause, but is the most likely sign to cause the death of another person.

By knowing how your sign ranks in unnatural deaths and in suicide in particular, you can be better prepared to seek help if you need it, observing your weaknesses and recognizing your strengths.

For more information on the links between unnatural death and Astrological sign, please go to www.rovanus.com
Both death and suicide are questionable branches of astrology, as is the branch of sexual assault. The works I've read about them to be able to chart them in advance and thereby avoiding them are in my opinion based on too much hindsight and the evidence is inconclusive. Not only that the chances that people start to live a "self fulfilling prophecy" is something that must be taken into consideration when reviewing these branches of astrology.

Also too many variables exsist within each person/chart, for some the process that leads to suicide can take years, for others a single event can trigger it, for one it's based on emotions, the other a chemical inbalance. Seeing that all suicides vary, so would the astrological insight in each chart, which leads to the conclusion...that no hard rule can be laid down as to suicidal points or patterns within the chart. Would you be willing to tell someone that their Pluto con. Uranus in the 8th could lead to suicide or an attempt?
__________________
Respectfully CC

Last edited by Cosmiccradle; 04-17-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,697
Re: Astrology and suicide

I'm with you cosmic, I think it's unethical and immoral to give out this sort of information, even if it's possible, which I'm not convinced it is. Same goes for predicting 'death' to. I don't feel there is a hard and fast rule but others on here may well disagree with us..

We do have a good search feature on AW, bit like google with keywords for OP further research

Last edited by astrologer50; 04-19-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2010, 04:24 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 11,314
Re: Astrology and suicide

While I (at least in my personal experience) "know" that the approximate time of an increased likelihood of death (including suicide) can be determined (by an advanced astrological adept), I fully agree with Cosmiccradle and Astrologer50 that it is unethical to give out such information-certainly in any public forum, and oftentimes even in private, unless the recipient of such information happens to be a spiritually advanced, well balanced individual with mature insights regarding such issues.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,779
Re: Astrology and suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
I'm with you cosmic, I think it's unethical and immoral to give out this sort of information, even if it's possible, which I'm not convinced it is. Same goes for predicting 'death' to. I don't feel there is a hard and fast rule but others on here may well disagree with us..

We do have a good search feature on AW, bit like google with keywords for OP further research
Hear Hear!! I am strongly against any predictions for death and there are many scenarios. I am glad you agree it is unethical and actually immoral.
__________________
The stars impel, not compel.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Cosmiccradle's Avatar
Cosmiccradle Cosmiccradle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 322
Re: Astrology and suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
While I (at least in my personal experience) "know" that the approximate time of an increased likelihood of death (including suicide) can be determined (by an advanced astrological adept), I fully agree with Cosmiccradle and Astrologer50 that it is unethical to give out such information-certainly in any public forum, and oftentimes even in private, unless the recipient of such information happens to be a spiritually advanced, well balanced individual with mature insights regarding such issues.

Even if we do posses the insight and technique the best we can do is support that person by pointing the way to the proper institutions and people with the impending difficult times we predict. All those wrestling with these types of problems are rarely stable enough to tackle the problem or recieved information. At best we can check by carefully asking if certain found points in the chart play a roll in their lives, and in recieving a positive answer suggest the above.

All astrologers should be required to sign an ethics contract to ensure a professional approach to all charts and information found therein.
__________________
Respectfully CC
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,779
Re: Astrology and suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmiccradle View Post
Even if we do posses the insight and technique the best we can do is support that person by pointing the way to the proper institutions and people with the impending difficult times we predict. All those wrestling with these types of problems are rarely stable enough to tackle the problem or recieved information. At best we can check by carefully asking if certain found points in the chart play a roll in their lives, and in recieving a positive answer suggest the above.

All astrologers should be required to sign an ethics contract to ensure a professional approach to all charts and information found therein.
I agree about the ethics contract and we have them here in Australia. An oath like the Hippocratic medicine oath...

THere are various points in our lives when we may exit and seeing the aspects for imminent death often seem compellling but then it doesnt happen. Sometimes there are flowing and easy aspects for a death and sometimes not. It depends on the state of mind of the person at time of passing over and their physical condition too. Many things.

I have been suicidal and I could cite the aspects for that but I dont want to go there.....
__________________
The stars impel, not compel.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Cosmiccradle's Avatar
Cosmiccradle Cosmiccradle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 322
Re: Astrology and suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
I agree about the ethics contract and we have them here in Australia. An oath like the Hippocratic medicine oath...

THere are various points in our lives when we may exit and seeing the aspects for imminent death often seem compellling but then it doesnt happen. Sometimes there are flowing and easy aspects for a death and sometimes not. It depends on the state of mind of the person at time of passing over and their physical condition too. Many things.

I have been suicidal and I could cite the aspects for that but I dont want to go there.....
To everything I agree, I also have seen harmonious situations in the chart during unharmonious times.

Here in Holland in most schools one must also sign such an agreement, and even if one does not because so many are self taught it is common sense, respect and insight that must prefail when interperting and passing on information.
__________________
Respectfully CC
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Cosmiccradle's Avatar
Cosmiccradle Cosmiccradle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 322
Re: Astrology and suicide

Dear sabaku_no_GAARA, I've attempted to have a look behind the site (http://www.rovanus.com/) for its motivation and to see who did the research and the author of the work. In all cases I come up empty handed. I would be greatful if you had any information as to who did the research and who wrote the work. And what type of company rovanus is.
__________________
Respectfully CC
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrology, suicide

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suicide, trying to make some sense of it all franklin taylor Electional & Event Astrology 3 03-30-2006 08:34 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2014, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.