Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 PM

Question dominant planets in natal charts.

Its very easy to see which signs/ houses and elements are most dominant in a natal chart.
But what about the planets?...is it the amount of aspects.....is it the type of aspects i.e harmonius or inharmonius?.....is it to do with planets being close to the angles?
Just wondered if theres any accepted way to see which planet is most dominant..or if you cant really say one way or the other planetry wise

Old 02-25-2010, 03:50 PM

Re: dominant planets in natal charts.

The dominant planets are those which are exalted by sign or house placement. For example. Mars in Aries, Venus in Taurus, or Neptune in the 12th house, etc.

And like you said, a planet being angular makes it stronger too. Planets conjunct the Asc or MC become stronger. And planets that are apart of some kind of aspect configuration, say a grand trine, I would think those planets would be strong as well.

Last edited by MTTY05; 02-25-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:08 PM

thanks...so mine would be mars ( scorpio/8th )

neptune...conj M.C

uranus....( 8th house/scorpio )

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi...sF-u1241546017
Old 02-25-2010, 04:38 PM

This is my opinion only, but I'd say that Mars is the most dominant planet in your natal chart since it rules your Scorpio stellium. However, I wouldn't discount Venus or Jupiter either, since they are in mutual reception. This mutual reception is the last step of the dispositor chain, so it has much influence over the planets in Sagittarius as well as the planets in Libra.

Here's a roundup:

Sun/Mars/Uranus/North Node in Scorpio are disposited by Mars in Scorpio.

Saturn in Leo is disposited by the Sun in Scorpio, which is disposited by Mars in Scorpio.

Mercury/Pluto in Libra are disposited by Venus in Sagittarius, which is disposited by Jupiter in Taurus, which is disposited by Venus in Sagittarius... (mutual reception)

Venus/Neptune/Pluto in Sagittarius are disposited by Jupiter in Taurus which is disposited by Venus in Sagittarius... (mutual reception)

Finally, Saturn--although weak by sign placement--aspects almost every planet in your natal chart. This gives it tremendous influence.

Arian Maverick

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 02-25-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:43 PM

thanks for the reply...does it rule the stellium because its at home in scorpio?....i must admit, i've never found much info on stelliums other than 3 or 4 planets conjunct in a sign or house.
I'm not with you on the jupiter/ venus thing....do you mean because jupiter rules sag and venus is in sag?

Tags
charts, dominant, natal, planets