OPHIUCHUS or the SERPENT HOLDER-WHAT ARE ITS PERSONALITY TRAITS

dhundhun

Good to see this thread again. I wish some more old threads coming to life.

I spent 1-2 hrs searching, the search engine is pretty bad. There are 4-5 threads, in which I did provide inputs on Ophiuchus and 13 signs.

Also at some point of time, I requested moderators opening separate sections and making some of the threads sticky, but ...

No reasons, why outsiders (specially journalist) tried taking credit for 13 signs.

Last edited:

Claire19

Since I am a tropicalist, and regard the signs as fixed expressions of the directions of the pleroma of space, I only accept 12 SIGNS. But constellations are another matter: they are not space, they-made up of stars-are (like the planets) things in space (and my viewpoint is that macrocosmic influences stream from space {signs, degrees,points in space} and time {the actual objective qualities of time} and things in space {constellations/stars/planets) Therefore, just as I give consideration to stars ("fixed stars") so too do I give consideration to the starry constellations. I believe that constellations contribute influences to life and its events, and that consideration of these influences helps in fine-tuning chart delineations. I follow particularly Vivian Robson in this outlook of mine (also Manly P. Hall); for info regarding influences of Ophiuchus, see Robson's book (Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology), also Allen's "Star Names" (more for historical/symbolic information)
Quite right....:smile: We are still learning but the basic astrological tenets remain, as you say....

juicey J.

Banned
Its said to give a blindly good and easily led astray nature with little happiness. However, it takes more then one or two so-called negative constellation or star alignment in a chart to cause any potential or real damage. :wink:

Atlas

To Claire19:
Respectfully. How can an astrologer ignore the heavens when they speak? If we are to chart course and the effects of the planets on our lives how can we simply say that just because we learned it one way that another way is false? Should we not explore the effects of a constelation and it's gravity during a particular season to witness the result? Is not Pluto passing into a major life change to our age? Does it not state that Pluto strips away all that which is unnecessary and cripples all that oppose it? What if this is the revelation of Pluto within our age? How can we as astrologers ignore this?
Sincerely awaiting reply. Namaste.

panthera

i just cannot find out any information on this star sign and its really annoying especially as it's my sign! ....
Anyway....i;m calm now.! But can anybody please tell me about this sign....like the personality traits etc.........thanks
this is the 3 tim riting it is passionat secretiv impulsive funny luv of wisdom

ptolomy

I think a 13th sign connects to the 13 cycles of the moon in a solar year,whilst the present system is obviously related to the suns seasons and 12 serves this purpose very well.
This difference between the 2 lights cyclic behaviour has created problems for many cultures in antiquity,how to incorporate the 2 very mathematically different cycles into one system,one is even,one is odd.Very awkward.
Does not traditional Indian astrological methods find a way to include the moons cycles much more in the zodiac?,but still secondary to the suns cycles and 12 zodiac divisions?
I feel that if we had a 13 sign zodiac we would not be representing the sun as the central power and ultimately if such a system was used it would be a moon sign chart,not a sun sign chart.I can only see this as degenerative.
I agree with dr farr that there is no reason not to use the ophiuchus position like a star or significant asteroid though.
Or even more significantly like the dark spaces in the galaxy which were considered very important in peruvian astrology.

ptolomy

Also i feel that there is nothing to stop those who are fascinated by Ophiuchus ,to adopt a system that used the previously mentioned zodiac position of ophiuchus and its surrounding degrees as research in a normal zodiac based on 12 divisions,if there is any significance to this position then theoretically it should show itself irrespective of whether space is divided by 12 or 13,and this would then not put a spanner in the works of the present system of 12 divisions until such time as there was irrefutable evidence for its effect.
Even if it was proved in time to be significant i still feel it would be better that it was given an area instead of a sign,ie last decanate of scorpio,1st decanate of sagitarius for example.

DarkSun

I have my moon and ASC in scorpio, but the moon in the beginning and ASC in the latter section that would be Ophiuchus.

Personally after reading the Mythology and the Historical accounts of Imhotep (or Joseph) who the sign and myth supposedly represents, I find a lot of striking similarities (or just desires/dreams) to how I "present myself to the world" aka the ascendant.

The strangest one is the fact that he was a great architect (he designed the first pyramid in egypt). When I was a child (elementary school days) I use to say I wanted to be an architect when I grew up. I had no real grasp of what the job was, it just sounded right to me.

Halfway through middle school I lost this desire, somewhat puzzled why I ever did.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Why was this dredged up again after two years? Professional astrology doesn't care. Only people who know nothing about astrology care. Its like preaching creationism to a conference of evolutionary biologists.

Nobody cares. We just shake our heads and giggle.

DarkSun

well Im glad you get a laugh, Zarathu

I used to laugh at all of it personally.

laughing is a good thing.

Last edited:

vasilis

Ophiuchus traits :
Born from November 29/30 to December 17/18 (the date changes slightly depending on the year , see the tables on the left menu for greater accuracy)
Ophiuchus 13 includes only former Sagittarians born from November 29/ 30 to December 17/18.

Ophiuchus is the 13th Sign of the Zodiac and tends to challenge everyone and everything. Ophiuchians like looking for the inner causes. To investigate the underlying details of things. They have an inclination towards complication rather than simplification of situations. They are genuine, simple and unfeigned . In their nature it is to avoid commitment but also the independence of views. They fit to the role of the therapist and the analyzer of difficult psychological circumstances. When they make mistakes they do repair them with honesty, hence the name Ophiuchus = one who heals his mistakes and improves through his/her rehabilitation both intellectually and physically.
Apart from the role of the therapist, that of the teacher fits them too, not on the social norms but on their own ground-breaking ideas. Only the invocation and reference of your sign can upset your companies !

----------------------------------------------
More traits of the 13 Zodiac Signs are here: http://www.astrology13.com/en/13signstraitsm

Bunraku

How did the Ophiuchus glyph came to be?

Also can we come up with a different name? It's hard to type; it's like a finger twister. :tongue: