Ascendant in Scorpio, Mars in the 8th House, I don't like what I've read!

Tone Space

I wanna say I really like this forum.I've looked deeper into my astrological makeup to an intense degree in the last month, though I've been somewhat familiar with the subject for quite a while.
Recently, I've looked into my Ascendant and planets through the Houses after it. From other websites I've read a bit of association with violence and death.So, I want to reach out to some keen Astrologers and those that study it; to take a glance at my chart and give a HUMAN perspective on how good/bad, unlucky/fortunate, it looks. Because from the automated stuff that sites have generated, have not been too great..So I'm looking for some real insight..I'd extremely appreciate that!

Here is my chart

Attachments

• astro_w2at_02_anthony_young_hp.62026.2212.gif
    astro_w2at_02_anthony_young_hp.62026.2212.gif
    60.5 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to AW,
when you made this post did you read the paragraph above where it said you must first give your own astrological input, otherwise it will be moved to Greenhorns Lounge for newcomers?

Welcome to the World of Astrology!
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10

I'm a modern astrologer that uses Equal house system and Pluto is the modern day ruler of Scorpio and is placed in 11th house well aspected except for square to mars.

If you go to the main AW homepage, go down to bottom left and find the search box, put in any natal aspect, such as this Neptune square

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature, bit like google using keywords --

We also have a good search feature, bit like google using keywords. There have been lots of threads discussing death on AW -- so enjoy the research

Tone Space

Thanks for the reply and for the starter kit on links to get my feet wet.
Pardon my not providing my own interpretation.
Lets see..
From my Mars in Cancer, Ascendant in Scorpio..I'm suppose to be VERY sexual and sexy..lol.I don't see myself that way..well I do consider myself sexy anyway..but I don't feel that I am being interpreted that way by women as a whole.I'm (circumstantially) abstinent..and am probably among the least sexual, in terms of practice..among everyone I know.
I'm suppose to have a keen ability to read people..that may be correct..but I don't have a profound history of "I knew it!" moments pertaining to people that I just met, then later corroborated my initial immpression or "reading" on them as an individual.
I have found myself "knowing"
things out the blue..guessing a number that someone was thinking, stuff like that..one time I even guessed a locker combination consisting of 3 numbers from 1-100 and left/right directions..routine masterlock thing..like..12 left..33..right...4 left..you know.I was spot on..Thats the most striking of psychic ability or whatever that would be considered, that I can recall..but I have pockets of similar situations to a lesser degree every so often.

I think I relate more to my Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Aquarius. Those qualities related to that sign fitt me the most in my opinion.

I am 4 minutes away from having a Sagittarius Rising.
When I read the descriptions of Scorpio and Sag Rising..I feel that I project the Sag way more than the Scorpio.
I don't think that I have an exceptional presence that Scorp Rising is connected to.I do think that I give off the jolly, friendly Sag Rising that is connected to that.
However I do have thick eyebrows and eyes that are the centerpiece of my physical description..A quick description physically may be: "The tall guy with the eyes"..However, I don't know if they are the intense eyes that Scorp Rising has..I think they are more dreamy and wondering or innocent. Plus I'm 6'5..exceptionally tall like Sag Rising is considered to connect to.
So although my birth time comes straight from my Birth Certificate..I sometimes think that they may have been a few minutes off and that my Rising is actually Sagittarius..Plus my humor is HUGE..very childlike and often immature..my sense of sarcasm is great but I have no interest in cutting remarks to challenge another person..
Well, thats my interpretation..I hope that it fits what the order and structure of this cool forum requests in making my post..
Thanks for the feedback, and links again astrologer50.
More feedback is also greatly appreciated!:w00t:

LeadLeftHand

When I read the descriptions of Scorpio and Sag Rising..I feel that I project the Sag way more than the Scorpio.
Def wouldn't count out your birth time being recorded as earlier by a few mins, but do consider that the majority of your first house is actually in Sagittarius.

Tone Space

Def wouldn't count out your birth time being recorded as earlier by a few mins, but do consider that the majority of your first house is actually in Sagittarius.

really?
would that mean that i am on a scorp/sag cusp as rising goes?
I've browsed on here and other sites about ascendants or rising signs being on cusps..I've gotten mixed reactions..some say if you are 29 degrees in your rising, as I am..you are the most complete..or full of your rising's properties..others say that you're at that rising's weakest of influence.
But you say that most of my 1st house is in Sag? does that mean that most of my rising is in Sag? Or are rising and 1st house not as synonymous as I thought? Am I a Sag Rising with a hint of Scorp? That actually would make sense in my interpretation of how I am seen..
The more I delve into this, the more of a noob I realize I am.
I remember the days of flipping through my astrology book that just told you about who you are based on the month and day you were born..and feeling like I was ahead of the Astrology curve..lol.

I am 4 minutes away from having a Sagittarius Rising.

Now although your natal chart is your 'blueprint' of where the 10planets were when you were born, they have not stayed their and your secondary progressions, I'm sure would show that your Asc moved very very early on in your life into Sagittarius and that's why you identify with it so strongly. :whistling:
Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_progression
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67
http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/astroarticles/progressionsinastrology.php
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://astrolmass.com/progressions.htm

The most important of progressed planets is of course, sun & moon and then upto mars, as the outer planets hardly move by progression. Now like with transits, solar arcs --- it's what these progressed planets are doing NOW by mathematical aspect to your natal planets and Angles that is ultimately important.

Also I would take this opportunity to mention there is a ‘plethora’ of information in every forum top, called 'stickys' which cover, explain in great depth what each forum is all about, plus we have an Education forum for further research..

I expect the references about violence are referring to mars square pluto aspect in your chart.

If you go to the main AW homepage, go down to bottom left and find the search box, put in any natal aspect, such as this Neptune square MC -- I am limited to quoting just 100words (forum rules) but you can click on link to read the rest

"You find it difficult to motivate yourself for long periods of time, as in a commitment to achieve something through careful planning; you have problems in disciplining and directing your will sufficiently for that kind of effort, and you are more suited to using your force in a more immediate, spontaneous impulse for self-satisfaction. This is also partly because you experience some conflict in directing your will to achieve your desires, and rarely feel as though you are making the most of your talents."
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/mars-square-pluto.php

I have heard it said that you could attract to you some kind of violence, but on same token, give it out also when required. Mars is all about action, energy, competition, assertivness. then pluto is alll about dominance, control,manipulation, obsessive behaviour -- so it's not hard to make a sentence structure using these keywords :whistling:

Actually, scorpio Asc can be quiet, analytical and very very private person and not overly sociable, because it doesn't want to many people knowing it business. Your mars is retrograde - as in going inwards or backwards rather than its normal outward expressions. Also your Jupiter is retrograde and in its detriment in gemini which again doesn't always want or need social interactions. Your jupiter is well aspected with lovely trine to venus, which does suggest you will always have a loving partner :biggrin:

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Now in Equal house Saturn is conj 10th house cusp and anything within 5' going anti clockwise is considered more effective in the next house along. Also this Saturn is square your Asc which will basically knock your confidence - go to AW homepage and read up on that one and while you are their research Neptune square MC :innocent:
Venus is conj 4th house cusp, Moon in 5th house of love affairs and romance

Lastly, will will dampen down your 'ardour' is your saturn is opposite venus, showing a cautious and reserved affectional nature. So how am I doing so far -- do you recognise yourself?

Tone Space

astrologer50 thanks so much for your lengthy and generous input.
It's a lot to take on at once..but imma check out everything you've linked me to.I do recognize myself within a lot of what you've pointed out from my houses, aspects and stuff.
I never knew of the variety from Placidus and Equal House System Astrology..that is good to know about.
So according to Placidus would that be where I have more Sag Ascendant..and with equal house its definite Scorpio..because everything is kinda fixed in its place?
I'll look more into it..ii just hope i find some personal inspiring stuff..lol.

So according to Placidus would that be where I have more Sag Ascendant..and with equal house its definite Scorpio..because everything is kinda fixed in its place?

Your Asc, MC and all your chart will 'progress' ie: move, change alter throughout your life. Equal house means that all house cusps are same as Asc. So having or feeling more like Saggi has nothing to do with house systems, cos your Asc would alter change and progress from Scorpio anyways --

Claire19

Mar is in bad connection to Pluto the ruler of your ascendant it is true and also connected to Moon. You need to watch for emotional displays that cause violent reactions also the controlling and manipulative side of this aspect especially with women.

However the Mars Pluto is a square and that manifests more as an inner conflict.