Discussion on the Natal Promise

I was just wondering about the natal promise in the chart, because apparently,no matter what your transits are in the chart it is not going to happen if it is not promised in the Natal chart.

I read that to find how many relationships you can have is represented by the sun and what aspects it makes to your slower moving planets before your sun leaves it's sign.I have three aspects on mine so three relationships are promised for me.I am on my second relationship now so i can potentially have one more if this one doesn't workout.

Also how many children you can have is in your chart I was promised 4 children I think,I have one child and i am 27 yrs old,but because of birth control these days it is really the potential to have 4 children depending on your choice.

I am really interested in this and I think i will look into it more to see what else I can find out from my natal chart.

Does anyone have any more ideas or information on the Natal Promise.:)

bxp40387.jpg

Last edited:

Lorielle

Interesting. Are you, or have you read Carol Rushman's book on predictive astrology? She is big on the natal promise. I tend to agree with it.

In my chart, it shows that I'm likely to not have children. I am 45 years old, have no children, have never wanted them, and it's a bit late to be getting started now. LOL

I am "promised" 3 marriages... and I fully intend on being married one more time. Actually, 3 significant relationships. I've had scores of "this is it, he's the one" type of relationships. Due to wearing my heart on my sleeve. But 2 marriages...

Jupiter rules my MC, and this indicates luck in careers, where you just "happen" into a job, being in the right place at the right time... and this has been true.

I have Jupiter in the 12th which indicates (supposed to) that I will be providentially provided for. Very true. Just when I wonder how in the world I'm going to be able to pay for something, something comes along or happens, that "saves the day."

There are other things... :)

Lori

Rubella

I've never heard of this... can you be a bit more specific as to where to look in my chart to see the number of relationships, etc' I should have?

Thanks

Hi Lorielle,

Yes I have read Carol Rushmans book on predictive astrology and it is excellent.Here is what I have in my chart.

MarriageANB037.jpg

I have three aspects in my chart,Saturn,uranus and neptune.Three marriages/relationships are promised for me.Carol also says that these aspects can describe the type of man you will have a relationship with.My first partner was on drugs,this must be my neptune,he was also controlling I think this may be saturn.Also unpredictable,uranus.

My current second partner is a few years older than me and very much into his career(saturn)he used to be an alchoholic before he met me(neptune)and he loves his freedom(uranus).

If this current relationship ends I have one more potential for another relationship.

Also for marriage where the ruler of the seventh is placed can indicate were you will meet your partner, my ruler of 7th is in the 4th house so close to home for my relationships.My venus is placed in my 5th house so out socializing and having fun.This must mean I will meet my partners at nightclub/social place close to home.

Children102-00460.jpg

I have four aspects which show I have the potential for 4 children in this lifetime whether I choose to use is my choice I have one child so far.The aspects made by the ruler of the fifth house before it leaves the sign are supposed to describe each of your children as well.

Divorce456R-1382.jpg

Indicators of divorce in my chart,is the ruler of my first house squares the ruler of my seventh house.I have venus square pluto in my chart and this can indicate divorce because of the intensity of this aspect,also when the relationship is over it is truly dead there is no way of even being friends.I also have mars square uranus so this may be strong wills and an urge to breakaway from the relationship.Well my first relationship ended very badly we absoloutly despised each other at the end so no love lost there.My current relationship I don't want it to end but who knows what the future holds.

Moneyaw4791tn.gif

I have venus oppose jupiter sextile uranus so I am hoping to win some money.Probably be when a transiting planet triggers it.Fingers crossed.

Sucessjad0008.jpg

I have my sun in the seventh house so sucess comes through relationships.I have my nodes in angular houses which can bode well for sucess.I have a node in the 7th house so if iIwent into business I would attract lots of clients.
I think with my sun in the 7th house it has progressed in the 8th house and so I think this would reflect in my partner earning a higher income.I would assume, if your sun was in the first house it will eventually progress to the second house so maybe women with this placement would have a partner with a high income also.

I think a lot of things have come true for me too in the natal promise,and other things have come true, with carol rushmans explanations on the progressions and transits.:)

Last edited:
Hi Rubella

Rubella said:
I've never heard of this... can you be a bit more specific as to where to look in my chart to see the number of relationships, etc' I should have?

To determine how many relationships you can potentially have here is what you do.

Use only the major applying aspects,conjunction,square,opposition,trine,and sextile.

For a woman look at her applying aspects her natal sun makes before it leaves a sign.The sun can only apply to the slower moving planets mars,jupiter saturn, uranus, neptune and pluto.

Say if her sun is at 18 degrees taurus in her natal chart,keep moving it forward and find what aspects it makes before it leaves the sign taurus.Only use the slower moving planets as listed above for the aspects.Don't forget move the sun anti clockwise i.e heading towards gemini.:)

Lioness725

I'm very confused by this and I'm not sure how to do it. I am interested in learning. Perhaps someone can offer a website to help me learn?

Lucy33

Hi, I'm also very confused about this but extremley interested. maybe somebody could explain in more detail? chart below... Many thanks

born on 10 Jan 1973 local time 01:00 pm
in Bonn-Bad Godesberg, GER U.T. 12:00
7e05, 50n44 sid. time 19:47:48
Moon Pisces 28°20'58 12 direct
Mercury Capricorn 08°58'37 09 direct
Venus Sagittarius 28°22'19 08 direct
Mars Sagittarius 07°23'00 07 direct
Jupiter Capricorn 20°02'02 09 direct
Saturn Gemini 14°41'05 01 retrograde
Uranus Libra 22°55'54 06 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 06°31'46 07 direct
Pluto Libra 04°25'18 06 stationary (R)
True Node Capricorn 16°45'54 09 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Taurus 23°50'40
2nd House Gemini 18°44'59
3rd House Cancer 06°54'40
Imum Coeli Cancer 25°00'27
5th House Leo 17°54'55
6th House Virgo 24°51'44
Descendant Scorpio 23°50'40
8th House Sagittarius 18°44'59
9th House Capricorn 06°54'40
Medium Coeli Capricorn 25°00'27
11th House Aquarius 17°54'55
12th House Pisces 24°51'44

Major aspects
Sun Conjunction Jupiter 0°05
Sun Square Uranus 2°49
Sun Trine Ascendant 3°43
Moon Square Venus 0°01
Moon Opposition Pluto 6°04
Moon Sextile Ascendant 4°30
Mercury Square Pluto 4°33
Venus Sextile Uranus 5°26
Mars Conjunction Neptune 0°51
Mars Sextile Pluto 2°58
Jupiter Square Uranus 2°54
Jupiter Trine Ascendant 3°49
Uranus Quincunx Ascendant 0°55
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2°06

Amit89

I'm dont get this fully aswell, I'm new to all this anyway, I'v got the sun, mercury, and jupiter in the 10th house, so the jupiter makes me lucky in my proffesion.......the sun has promised me success in life, and mercury may indicate that my job might have to do with travelling, communications, IT. Correct me I I'm wrong.

I'v got:

Sun opp neptune
Sun opp Uranus
Sun opp Staturn
Sun trine Pluto
Sun sextile moon

Mercury conjunct jupiter
Jupiter conjunct midheaven (Gemini)
Jupiter sqaure acsendent (Virgo)

Mercury conjunct midheaven (Gemini)
Mercury sqaure acsendent (Virgo)

All of these aspects are in my 10th house.

Missa

I don’t quite agree with this. There are people who have unaspected suns - yet have had many happy relationships. And what about those people who literally have tons of relationships during life? Their sun can’t make 17 aspects… And people who will stay single their whole life, even though their sun makes many aspects (try monastery and ask for their birth times).

Hi Missa,

Missa said:
I don’t quite agree with this. There are people who have unaspected suns - yet have had many happy relationships. And what about those people who literally have tons of relationships during life? Their sun can’t make 17 aspects… And people who will stay single their whole life, even though their sun makes many aspects (try monastery and ask for their birth times).

Obviously yes there are other factors to take into consideration, having sagitarious on the descendent or jupiter placed here can bring lots of relationships.People who may not choose to be in a relationship may have saturn placed in the 7th house or capricorn on the ascendent they limit thier own possibilties for a relationship but the potential is thier in the chart they are not using it either by not helping to create oppurtunities for themselves by not getting out there to meet people.

If you have strong uranus in your chart,you might enjoy your independence too much for a permanent relationship.You would have to look at the chart as a whole and take everything into consideration.The natal chart is full of potential to be used but does everybody use it.Your chart may say your a talented writer does that mean you use your talent do you put it to any good use,but the potential is there if you choose to use it.

I don't know about you but i have never heard of anyone having 17 relationships and I am talking about committed relationships not just flings or affairs.I am not asking you to apply any of this in your study of astrology,you might have another system you prefer to use.This is a system I have read about and it works for me i see it working in my chart.when I am asking for more information on the promise of the natal chart i think it will help me better with my interpretations and prediction charts.If it doesn't help me then I won't use it but i am always open to new ideas to test out for myself.You work differently to me not every astrology student works the same I myself am still setting up a system of what I will use and what I prefer not to it's all personal choice.

Last edited:

Mary

Missa: I´m also crtical about this technique. But I´m still interested...

I´ve checked for pregnancy and child issues with some birth charts:

Chart nº1: Belongs to my grandmother.
Chart nº2: Belongs to my mother.
Chart nº3: Belongs to one of my mother´s co-worker
Chart nº4: Belongs to one friends of mine

All of these chart belongs to women that no longer may have kind. One curious detail is that my grandma and ma (and me) have asc in gemini (25º gem, 29º gem and 29º gem in that order), so our 5th house are in scorpio. I sometimes take pluto as ruler of scorpio, but I´m using in this case mars (which is also ruler of scorp)

Chart nº1: 5th house is empty. Mars is in 6º scorpio,... if I try all aspects:

First it conjuncts with Neptune at 7º Virgo, then conjucnts jupiter at 13º Virgo, then sextiles pluto at 21º Cancer and finally trines Chiron at 28º Taurus. She was pregnant 4 times and had 4 children.

Chart nº2: 5th house is empty. Mars is in 8º capricorn,..if I try all aspects:

First it opposes uranus at 20º cancer (my older sis has uranus rising), then squares neptune at 23º libra (Neptune is opposed to my asc and her asc too, my mars is at 1º 46' Libra opposed to her mars), then mars conjuncts retrograde chiron at 28º capricorn. She was pregnant 3 times, only two girls were born, she lost her 3rd child.

Chart nº3: 5th house is not empty, but I´ll try this new technique:

Venus is the ruler of 5th at 23º Scorpio, the only aspects that I found was trine mars at 27º Cancer. But... she has two kids!!
I will check with more birthcharts, but in the case I came up to the conclusion that if the 5th house is not empty, we should check planets the house first. She has Libra in her cusp and her sun and mercury are located there,.... two planets, two kids (too literal?)

Chart nº4: 5th house is not empty, Saturn conjunct Naptune are there. Moreover:

Libra is also on the 5th house cusp: Venus is at 20º capricorn only applies to... Saturn and Neptune both at 23º Libra with a square. Actually this women never had kids nor wanted them. I´m doubtfull,... maybe she was pregnatn two times but lost them , maybe she secrtely has two kids and I didn´t notice... Or maybe I should see that Saturn (limitations) conjucnt Neptune (illusions) square both lords (venus) in capricorn again "limitations", make her, no matter that she could have had kids, she never wanted them.

you may now make you conclusions :)

Mary

I have sagitarius in the 6th and 7th cusp (but in this house I also have capricorn)
Jupiter is in my 4th house
Jupiter is also co-ruler of my 9th

I hope that means I will be very lucky in work, home, relationshipss, travel and college!!!

Hi, Mary,

Since you took the time to try the method before you criticised it i will write the full explanation for you from the book I got this information from.You seem very bright and at least open to trying new ideas.

Children

Regarding children as I have said before I am promised 4 children yet i only have one child at the moment and I am 27 unless I have twins and another single child or triplets I don't see myself as having 4 children but as the book explains it's about the potential.

The number of children promised in the chart is not necessarily the number we choose to have.With the invention of the birth control,couples are not having all the children promised in either the woman or the mans chart.The couple may decide not to have a large family. However,They can usually get pregnant whenever they want to.They are fertile but they are using birth control.If you don't use birth control you will manifest all that energy.

The number of applying aspects to the fifth house ruler is the potential number of children you can have.(elect to have).
These aspects can describe your children.Any planets in the fifth house will describe your children in some way.A lot of times people will have two planets in the fifth house and will have two children.Each planet will describe one of the children.Sun in fifth can mean a leo child,or that child will be the main focus of their lives.That child may be famous remarkable or stand out in some way.Gemini on the fifth house cusps or gemini prominent who have twins

Some people have ten or twelve children and there is no way you can have ten or twelve applying aspects to the ruler of the fifth house,but these women may have jupiter in thier fifth house or strongly connected to the ruler of the fifth.People make choices they are exercising free will and choosing to limit thier families.

If it is a clients first marriage look to eleventh house for adopted children or stepchildren.The eleventh house will describe the relationship to those children.Count around the wheel to every other house for each sucessive child.The second adopted child or stepchild will be defined by the first house,the third by the third house and so on.

For granchildren,look to the ninth house.Because it is five houses from the fifth house of children.It will describe your childrens,children.

Hopes this helps to clarify things for you with a more detailed explanation.All I am tryiing to do is give information on what I have learned and hopefully recieve ideas from people on the forum, it is your choice to disagree with them or use the techniques in your own astrology learning.If you know of any other techniques for determining relationships or number of children work etc.I would love to know i am open to any other methods.I will try them out for myself, and maybe add it to my astrology work.:)

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what happened to my pictures on my natal promise reading it doesn't look as good now.I'm sure everyone hates me today.

as3769tn.gif:( So you get my snub hmph...... just kidding

Lorielle

Find the degree of your natal Sun. Look to see how many planets it aspects (major aspects) before changing sign... Only planets. (Not angles, cusps, asteroids, Chiron, Vx, etc.)

In my natal chart, my Sun is in the 1st house 8 Pisces 40'.

The first major aspect my sun makes would be a trine to Neptune @ 11 Scorpio 15'. (Marriage #1.)

The second major aspect my sun makes is a sextile to Saturn @ 26 Cap 03'. (Marriage #2).

The final aspect the sun makes before leaving signs is a sextile to Jupiter @ 26 Capricorn 58'. (Marriage #3).

Hope this makes sense...

Lori

Lorielle

Lucy wrote:

Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Capricorn 20°07'19 09 direct
Moon Pisces 28°20'58 12 direct
Mercury Capricorn 08°58'37 09 direct
Venus Sagittarius 28°22'19 08 direct
Mars Sagittarius 07°23'00 07 direct
Jupiter Capricorn 20°02'02 09 direct
Saturn Gemini 14°41'05 01 retrograde
Uranus Libra 22°55'54 06 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 06°31'46 07 direct
Pluto Libra 04°25'18 06 stationary (R)
True Node Capricorn 16°45'54 09 retrograde

Looking at your chart, I see 2 marriages or significant relationships. Your sun at 20 Capricorn 07' makes a square to Uranus in Libra, then it makes a sextile to your Moon in Pisces.

Keep in mind, this doesn't necessarily indicate that you are absolutely going to have 2 marriages, but the potential is there for more than one.

Lori