solar return very close to solar eclipse

astrowarrior

hi all,

I've just joined the forum after years of posting on another astrology forum but have decided to check out some new pastures green so just wanted to say hi to all.

I'm trying to work out my solar return chart myself for the first time this year and am doing reasonably well, if not getting my self a little confused along the way but wondered 3 things really.

Can anyone point me to a really clear website that talks you through it - so far the best i've found is http://www.cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html but wondering if there is anything else that is as good / better that can give me a clearer view,

Also, i'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the effects of having a solar eclipse a couple of days away from your solar return?

also wondered what effect having the infomous neptune chiron jupiter conjunction in opposition to the natal sun stellium is likely to mean?

all the best and hello again,

AW

oh here's the charts

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=o5ufilelSpDCN-u1199426227&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=1&nho2=2&btyp=31&mth=gw&sday=31&smon=7&syr=2009&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

Last edited:

cassanra

I would read the eclipse so close to your natal sun as significant in and of itself and bringing an emphasis to its placement.
Hmmm...well and the sun appears to be one of the planets most prominent in the chart in addition to natal venus so what ever eclipse energy is going on will be made manifest in public.
As far as jupiter and neptune..I first look at the natal energy and they are in trine so this energy combined should bring a postive force to you in the 5th house of creation, children and romance. I have found that with solars the planets traditional meaning and its placement tells the story so jupiter =expansion and or legal/religious. And neptune =disolve and dreams in the fifth .
Next I would look at what it aspects and how that reflects on natal potential. I see that the pair forms a dynamic trine to the solar venus and natal mars pairing. However, the natal energy of neptune to both venus and mars shows an inconjunct and opposition so we might see an opportunity for you to resolve this dynamic through the harmony of the trine. Not that it will be smooth sailing as venus conjunct mars will add quite a bit of energy. The fact that the pair are in the 9th solar house and ruled by gemini this might imply again legal or religious ceremonies and more than one issue around this theme or Gemini can also be duplicity. It looks like your 4th house is rising ie family and home ruled by venus so venus placement is very important for you. At the top of the chart indicating relationship/family might again take public eye or will be upper most in your life. Uranus has been trining your natal venus so I am sure you have experienced some rather unexpected dynamics from this combo:)
I hope this helps. And please give me feed back as to your year. Most advantageous in the learning process.
I have typicaly found that around your birthday you will notice the themes for the solar chart will begin and you will see hints and events that signal the unfolding of the year. I see also pluto i s forming an inconjunct to your sun and indicating transformation, adjustments and ego.

astrowarrior

thanks katy, ill have a look now.

thanks casandra, i think that the eclipse to me being so close felt significant in that i was also turning 30 so it really does feel like this will be a big year in so many ways.

ive just started a new career or finally made the switch after so long of trying to, so I was very pleased to see the SR sun in the 10th house along with mercury. i also interpreted the trine from SR jupiter, neptune conjunction in the 5th house (speculation) to venus in the 9th house (Foreign matters) as pretty auspicious as my new career is as a stock trader but i do it through a virtual trading room in New York.

that all seems pretty good i think especially with the eclipse and all.

does that fit with what you see?

cheers,

AW

cassanra

Yes, yes, quite right. The only caution I have is your natal opposition of mars and neptune. This energy has been activated by the trine of transiting neptune to mars. And with neptune and jupiter so close together watch for either self-deception or deception from 'open enemies'. Mars in hard aspect to neptune 'longs for the impossible'. Again in soft aspect this energy can be even more 'deceptive' as it may appear 'as a wolf in sheep's clothing':)

astrowarrior

I see also pluto i s forming an inconjunct to your sun and indicating transformation, adjustments and ego.

hey cass,

reporting back as you requested on the solar return interpretations.

I think the major one has been this very last comment of yours. The quincunx of transiting pluto to natal sun has changed my life big time.

most notably, I managed to quit smoking about a week after this eclipse and solar return, which is something I've never managed to do and as a very heavy (ex)smoker, I am over the moon. Ive been quit 6 months now :)

its also lead me to sort out a lot of emotional problems through some therepy and I am also now quitting alcohol.

this is a massive transformation for me. I've pretty much done a complete 180 deg U-turn on all my addictions and health issues in this last six months. :biggrin:

Last edited:

astrowarrior

Yes, yes, quite right. The only caution I have is your natal opposition of mars and neptune. This energy has been activated by the trine of transiting neptune to mars. And with neptune and jupiter so close together watch for either self-deception or deception from 'open enemies'. Mars in hard aspect to neptune 'longs for the impossible'. Again in soft aspect this energy can be even more 'deceptive' as it may appear 'as a wolf in sheep's clothing':)

p.s - the trading didnt work out! :pinched:

gemini59

What do you mean by trading...your little face is so squenched!
Odd as I look at the chart again natal Pluto sits on the solar asc indicating a transformation of self. The ruler of the solar first sits in the public 10th house of reputation and status. It is trined by Uranus from the sixth...an unexpected changed to self.
Neptune, ruler of 6th is on the cusp of the natal 8th house cusp of transformation.'
Neptune and jupiter together indicate expansion, benefit, and disolve. Neptune rules drugs.
Venus rules solar 8th, transformation...this might meet the rule of three.
Pluto in first. Ruler of first rules 8th. 8th natal ruler is Uranus in solar 6th.
Additionally, quincux ruler of first to Neptune ruler of 6th and jupiter.
The AC might be closer to natal IC endings then the third house cusp. Hard to tell.
That is pretty cool...but gosh ya know hind astrology is 20/20:) Darn....
But we have learned something about following the breadcrumbs eh?
what is on the angles ...important...where the first house ruler is ...important....what it aspects...importnat...and the additional seems to be looking at not only the solar rulership but the natal rulership.

gemini59

In solars you look at planets on the angles natal or solar and most important angles are ascendant and MC. Of course the closer to the angle the more important it is..
.so natal Pluto is in solar first..sorry ...a tad under the weather...:(

astrowarrior

In solars you look at planets on the angles natal or solar and most important angles are ascendant and MC. Of course the closer to the angle the more important it is..
.so natal Pluto is in solar first..sorry ...a tad under the weather...:(

hi cass,

sorry your under the weather. Hope that passes soon, being ill is rubbish. I just been sick for a week after some dental surgery (right after the eclipse hit my 6th).

So to go back to the quote above, I'm really confused now. How are you defining what the "solar first" house is. I thought that in a solar return chart, the houses are all the same as the natal. As the sun is in the same place?

AW

gemini59

Ahh...I see what you are saying...a solar return can be a stand alone chart thus if we pretend we are looking at just the solar chart we see it has its own house system.
Your solar first house is in libra ...the biwheel is nice as you can see how the natal and solar are in play together...
When you look at a biwheel of return charts you note tight aspects with natal planets to solar ac, mc, planets and house cusps and visa versa..once you have clued into any natal planets you can look look at the solar by itself always keeping in mind the natal relationships between planets as in for you natal venus and Uranus have a positive relationship.
egads a made a mistake...natal venus is what is near your solar MC not the solar Venus...but it is still prominent so we are still considering it important...
too we note that solar venus is conjunct natal mars (inner wheel) opposing natal neptune...
I feel like a confused you...
if you go to astrodienest you can see you can upload your solar return just by itself
it is good to look at a biwheel to see where your natal planet connect to important points but really a solar return tells you a lot all by itself too.
Dental work...saturn..eeww! hate that..look at your solar on the outside of the biwheel...there is saturn in the solar 12th house of confinement see the 12 next to saturn..solar 12th.

gemini59

The trick to solars is to figure out what is important ..what should take your focus
And that is where a sort of system helps.
When I first started looking at them I was just confused..my head would spin around.
I found that if I take it on a priority kind of system it helped.
thus What natal house is rising in the solar first?
What is most prominent? (highest in the chart) natal or solar on either side of the solar MC..this is what will be what is most visible to the outer world.
where is the ruler of the first and what does it aspect?
Look at the house axis that is rising ...so in your case either 3/9 or 4/10 depending on how close the solar ascendant house cusp is...in your case it is almost closer to the IC...look at what is in the house and where the rulers of the house are located and what they aspect.
Where is the sun...this is your ego focus for the year...
where is the solar moon...this is where your emotions will be centered.
and so on and so on

astrowarrior

ah wow - very interesting. I think thats just opened up a whole new level of exploration for me.

I wasnt aware that you could do that on astro.com and in the past have been looking at my solar return chart to just be as you said the planets in a biwheel next to my natal.

I now need to go and find out how the solar is calculated like this and the significance of libra in the first etc.

thanks cass. gotta go for tonight but will definately be doing some investigation into this and your kind comments over the next few days