Gemini Venus

Maries

Picked up an astrology book where the astrologer said that he/she did not know of one single Gemini Venus who remained faithful or kept with one partner for life. Uh Oh. I am suppose to be very compatible with Gemini Venus (my Mars being in Gemini). Is this statement true? Is it nearly or always the case that someone with Gemini in Venus will lose interest and not remain faithful? What if they have a lot of fixed signs in their chart? Taureans are suppose to be the most faithful of all the signs, so...

Maries

Ace

Astrologically from just isolating this single placement without looking at the entire chart we can say that someone who has a Venus in Gemini is probably more attracted to a witty and intelligent person. Some keywords here are variety and youth. This can be a flirtatious placement and thier tastes can change at times rather quickly. Of course, Gemini being a dualistic sign also may seem like there is a greater possibility of more than one union or a wandering eye. However, your on the right track if you look at other aspects to Venus and take holistic approach to the entire chart then it's possible to see other energies that may change or reinforce this placement. If your interested on how a person views partnerships or marriage in greater detail see if any planets are in the seventh, or the sign that occupies the seventh house cusp including that of its ruling planet by sign and house and aspects. Look also towards the Moon placement and aspects which rule attractions for males. According to some as well if Uranus, Neptune or Saturn is in either the first, fifth, or seventh house, the person is more likely to go astray. Neptune is another planet to watch and how it affects Venus. If tense aspects occur, it may lead to deceptive and manipulative behavior in their relationships. Hope this helps a little.

Lunar Pisces

Good mental compatiblity, not sexual compatibility, will keep a Gem Venus around. That's the key. Gem Venus needs lots and lots of mental stimulation, and not just occasionally. I'm a Gem Venus, and yes I do get bored with people very quickly. I don't cheat, but I am very restless. I don't like unimaginative people who settle for the ordinary and routine. I'm very curious, always thinking and need to explore things mentality. If I'm around someone who represses that Gem nature of mine, I won't stay around for long.

People accuse us Gem Venusians of unfaithfulness, but we're only doing what is proper for our nature. If you bore us, we're gone. And many Gem Venusian feel like I do - hey, it's not my fault someone's boring, so don't blame me!

It's would be good to remember that Mars contacts with Venus is mainly sexual compatibility, and in itself does not promise a lasting relationship, so I wouldn't go looking for a long term relationship that way anyhow. Besides, good contacts with Mercury and Venus are very critical for a Gem Venusian in synastry - those are the planets that rule the mind (Venus corules the emotional, intuitive side of the brain with mercury). Mars contacts matter less for us, because that's a physical planet. So don't think that you're going to hook a Gem Venusian with your Gem Mars alone. Me personally, I often find Gem Martians physically attractive, but they're not always interesting enough for me in the more cerebral ways to make me seriously consider them as a romatic prospect. (Oh yeah, we Gem Vensuians are extremely fickle too - LOL)

Lorielle

Have you ever noticed how when you read something, a description of something in your astrology chart, the "bad" or less than good things jump right off the page... and stick with you the longest. But the good things are sort of overshadowed.? :(

I have some good things in my natal chart, like having Sagittarius on the MC, ruled by Jupiter, this can indicate good fortune in career, and for the most part, it has. There's another thing, can't remember exactly what it is, but it is something that indicates that I will be providentially provided for. (It's either Jupiter or Saturn in the 12th house.)

It's hard to always remember the positive things for me. But the one definition that I read many years ago about having Pluto conjunct the N. Node being a sign of a violent death. Yeah, that's stuck wtih me, and probably will always be there in the back of my mind. Even though, I've since read many things to dispute that fact.

I am definitely my Aries Venus. No disputing that. :) Yeah it does make me tend to pursue my object of desire with full force, but it also makes me think, after I got that object, did I really want it? LOL Natally, Venus trines a 7th house Uranus. Talk about an interesting, unusual love life. I can certainly agree with that.

We all have something, some aspect, some planet in a house it "shouldn't be." I think that's what makes us unique. :) I think every aspect has a positive and a not-so positive meaning. It's what we make of it.

/hugs,
Lori

Arian Maverick

Me personally, I often find Gem Martians physically attractive, but they're not always interesting enough for me in the more cerebral ways to make me seriously consider them as a romatic prospect. (Oh yeah, we Gem Vensuians are extremely fickle too - LOL)

Hey, that's my ruling planet you're talking about! :p

I love my third house Mars in Gemini, which is in mutual conjection with my first house Mercury in Aries; the combination makes me quick on the mental trigger and always up for a good debate!

Arian Maverick

Mia

Venus in Gemini

Hi

I have Venus in Gemini and was married for twenty three years and only left him when I found out about the constant affairs he'd been having! He had Moon in Gemini. Perhaps my loyalty and staying power was because I'm Cancerian with Leo rising and Scorpio Saturn trine my Sun - a 'stayer' through thick and thin! I'm not saying I wasn't attracted to others whilst I was married and I did develop friendships but I was always sexually loyal to my husband even though I realised at some point that I didn't love him any more. I had my family to consider as well and saw it as my 'duty' to do the 'right' thing.

I've now been with a Gemini for ten years and I love his intelligence and our conversations (I have Mercury in Gemini and we write together too) - we never bore of each other. He has Venus/Mercury in Cancer a mutual reception between us I think? I would definitely agree that the whole chart needs to be taken into consideration in deciding answers to questions like this.

Mia

Howl

Mia - "I'm not saying I wasn't attracted to others whilst I was married and I did develop friendships but I was always sexually loyal to my husband"

I think you've hit on something interesting here, perhaps Gemini venus/moon signifies "infidelity" of a friendship, social, interactive nature, rather than a sexual nature...As Lunar Pisces says, "I don't cheat, but I do get restless!"

Maybe the moon and venus (and mars?) gemmies are more likely to be mentally bored and unfaithful than sexually?? Or at least mentally bored/unfaithful BEFORE sexually bored/unfaithful :p I know the last time I broke up a relationship, it died "inspirationally" before it died physically...:D

Well anyway, I don't take any of this too seriously, it's fun to think about but I really don't want to start second guessing people's relaibility in relationships because of their natal placements :)

devalight

I am a Venus in Gemini at Midheaven with an exact (0 degree )oppositon Saturn. I must say that the entire chart has to be looked at before anything definite can be said. In general, I agree that a Venus Gemini would want to be around witty, intelligent people, most especially with a Virgo ascendant and Mercury in the 11th house. If Venus has a very strong aspect to Saturn (as I do) any real light or "flirtatious" behavior will simply not be seen.

I was married, but have been divorced for many years, due to my ex having an affair.

I have always liked other Gemini Sun people and seem to get along well with them, although I have been told I am "hard to get to know". Other good friends are Taurus and Scorpio.

My father is a very strong Aries and hard for me to really relate to and I am sure he really feels the same way. My mother is Capricorn/Aquarius and easier, but still I always had the feeling that she really didn't understand me.

Devalight

carmen

im a gemini venus. I think we just need a partner who understands we must have interests outside the couple, also, our need to mix with people of a like mind.

Sanem

interesting thread

I found out this weekend that a friend of mine with whom I communicate very well has her Mars conjunct mine in Gemini. I was expecting something along that line, and that was exactly why I asked her natal information

Gemmies rule :D

having Mars in Gem and Merc conj Venus in Aries, I can confirm I have the social and especially communicative loyalty of a grasshopper, jumping around insanely

although I am also extremely commited in a deeper relationships, which I think is my Moon in Cancer conjunct Desc

so I don't have enough with one woman, but I am anything but unloyal; I get bored easily, but if you let me go I'll always come back :)

StarrySkies

"having Mars in Gem and Merc conj Venus in Aries, I can confirm I have the social and especially communicative loyalty of a grasshopper, jumping around insanely"
Hey Sanem, your chart kind of sounds like my Dad's! Like you, he has an Aries Mercury and Venus and a Mars in Gemini and he is a rather restless person. But he also has some fixed planets which makes him rather loyal and, well, fixed.:p He can think of something to do spontaneously and on impulse, but when he goes ahead and does it, it's impossible to get him to change his mind!:D

Belgianmoonguy

I don't think a Gemini Venus position guarantees infidelity or cheating...
What Gem's turn on is communication, mind games... They think the most erogene genes is between the ears...
So indeed, dull boring partners are a turn off for them...
And a hot body can make them stay for a while, but certainly not for their entire life...

Sanem

lol, shouldn't you be studying? ;)

pm on the way

hm, my Gemmie Mars friend; when we first became friends, we started by playing a word game. which lasted for about half a year :D (Taurus Sun in 3H: I'm slow at times... :()

freedomlover

I'm glad to find this thread. I've had a chart placement with an old love ( whom I still love - always will ) that I've always wondered about. I've always wondered how he could be a Venus in Gemini. He is very shy and softspoken, and has been described as being "more loyal than Lassie" (that's very loyal to all those who don't know who Lassie is. ;) ) He is a Cancer Sun, Taurus Moon. Venus is at 1* Gemini.
I've often wondered if the first degrees of a sign have the "flavor" of the sign before it, especially if it is a strong sign. He has always seemed to be more of Venus in Taurus to me. I've checked different ephemeris (?right word?), but all of them place his Venus in Gemini. I was wondering if the aspects to Venus would modify it, as well. They are as follows:

Venus sq Mars/Virgo/2
Venus sq Pluto/Virgo/2 (Mars/Pluto conjunct by 1 *)
Venus sq Pluto/Leo/2
Venus sq True Node/Leo/2
Venus sq Chiron/Pis/8
Venus trine Jupiter/Aquarius/7
Venus trine Saturn/Capricorn/7
Venus sextile BML/Cancer/1/conjunct AC

This has puzzled me for years. I would very much appreciate any insight as to why he does not seem Venus in Gemini-ish at all.

Belgianmoonguy

Maybe the squares Venus' receives from Pluto/ Mars could give him more loyalty, more intensity...
And he has a trine from Saturn to Venus, so this helps him in the loyalty department too

But the combination of having a Cancer Sun/ Taurus Moon helps his loyalty factor too, when both luminaries aren't bad aspected...

And... Ever considered Sidereal?
Like i have venus in Taurus in my natal tropical chart, but in my natal sidereal chart, i have Venus in Aries... This VA position is more descriptive for me now then the VT position

So your ex lover has Venus in Taurus sidereal, may be that could be the reason also why he seems more as a VT then a VG to you

VENUS

in my llewellyn book of astrology, it notes in there that venus in gemini may signify dual love attachments, and even an incestual experience. of course im sure it depends on your aspects, but i do have to say that most married people i have seen with this placement have had dual love attachments, and 2 people i know sexual experience/engagement with cousin....

freedomlover

BMG,

Maybe the squares Venus' receives from Pluto/ Mars could give him more loyalty, more intensity...
And he has a trine from Saturn to Venus, so this helps him in the loyalty department too

But the combination of having a Cancer Sun/ Taurus Moon helps his loyalty factor too, when both luminaries aren't bad aspected...

And... Ever considered Sidereal?
Like i have venus in Taurus in my natal tropical chart, but in my natal sidereal chart, i have Venus in Aries... This VA position is more descriptive for me now then the VT position

So your ex lover has Venus in Taurus sidereal, may be that could be the reason also why he seems more as a VT then a VG to you

Thanks for replying. What you wrote made quite a bit of sense. I'm still wondering about planetary placements close to the cusp of a sign, if it is influenced by the former. I'm thinking I read this somewhere a long time ago.

Belgianmoonguy

Personally i don't think so...
Venus is @ 1° Gemini, you said, well it's full gemini...
If you use dwads... you see Venus is full Gemini coloured

You can doubt with houses, off course
Like Sun is @ 16° of Cancer in 4 but house 5 begins @ 18° Cancer, you can doubt if it's 4 or 5... In that case, I use a mix of both...

I have both a Venus and Moon in Gemini, and I can say personally that I have never cheated on any of my boyfriends physically. I have some Cancer planets too but I want someone who is mentally compatible with me as well. Admittedly, I am rather changeable and my partner must be able to hold my interest over a long period of time. My Gem planets want some variety! :p I have a social love and am not the type to be cosseted at home wth a loved one for too long (although that DOES sound nice right now :eek:). I DO tend to be rather restless and I can still be loyal, at least physically. I need someone to satisfy both mental, physical, AND emotional needs! (Can't ignore my Cancerian tendencies!);)