Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:55 PM

Spica

A more technical question:

How do i find out what aspects a fixed star makes, using astro.com or any other side if anyone knows of any. I am particularly interested in Spica since i have Mercury in Libra at the 3rd degree in the 6th house at the 22nd degree of virgo.

Does anyone have any insights on spica generally?

Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM

Re: Spica

Hello Star,

Mmm you called ? Astro.com doesn't show aspect to fixed stars, you have to do it manually. For instance, tr Jupiter will trine it in 3 degrees soon.

If your Mercury is in Libra, how can it be at 22 Virgo...?

Spica is said to be a very fortunate star that brings luck, fortune etc. I imagine you would experience some luck with your Mercury (if it is cj Spica, allow 1 orb max) and the houses it rules in your chart.

A friend had a fabulous year when Spica was on the SR AC but oher things going on too. I have it in this year's SR with Venus cj MC from the 9th and my luck has come from publishing research, getting into PR by coincidence (and told I was a natural) and making plans to travel abroad.

Spica
Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 PM

Hey,

Oh, the thing is someone once told me that Spica bring fortune at the 22nd degree of virgo or libra.

Ahh, right i still can't calculate the aspects manually, i'm still into the habit of reading it off. Any chance you could tell me what aspects it makes? or what i could do to calculate it myself?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Spica.doc (80.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Spica is always located at 23,5 Libra which you can see in your chart written SPI in purple.

Yours falls in H6 sextiling Uranus H8, your luck seems to come from being of service to people (H6) in regards to their goals or your friendships (Uranus rules H11) to get to H8 (others money, intimacy). Also squares your MC. Venus rules Spica in your H5 so that would have some weighting too. Also Libra is intercepted in your chart so it may take some effort on your part to use it well. I can't say anymore than this as I am still learning. Maybe you should post it under Greenlounge to get more replies.

Whenever a transiting, progressed, or solar arc planet is at 23 degree, it will aspect Spica.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM

Does anyone know the orb of influence for Spica in an electional chart?

Old 08-17-2010, 04:34 PM

Only conjunctions are considered with the fixed stars, and those with the Sun and Moon are especially important. Stars near the ecliptic are also important when rising(on asc) or culminating(on MC). The Renaissance astrologers allowed an orb of about 5 degrees for the most important stars such as Spica. Most astrology softwear uses a one degree orb. Fixed stars in the natal chart are very slow in their effects, but I have found by experience that they should be considered in the progressed chart. They also have use in horary, elections and mundane astrology.

One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything. (William of Ockham)

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it is supposed to do. (Robert A. Heinlein)
Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 AM

The stars also act-more influentially than be longitudinal conjunction in many instances-by parallel of declination; see my related Spica post of today's date in the "How Strict is Spica" thread in the Election section...
Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 PM

I found a great site about fixed stars yesterday,gonna open a topic about them,Spica included.

I know little about this Star,I know more of Antares and Caput Algol ( star that fascinates me the most though ) but it's the luckiest star,wherever it is is a blessing. Mine's in the 12th house,so I'd take it a saving grace for life threatening situations. I also read it's the music star and has something to do with musicians ,not quite sure.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:07 AM

I have Spica (23.43) and Arcturus (24.06) conjunct to my ascendant, Libra at (23.28)...

This is what it says on my chart program for where my Spica sits...

Spica (67 Alpha Virginis m 0.98)
Wealth, fame, honour, glamour, the "Fortunate One"
Effect: Very Fortunate
Character Venus/Mars
Old 08-19-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijana View Post
I found a great site about fixed stars yesterday,gonna open a topic about them,Spica included.

I know little about this Star,I know more of Antares and Caput Algol ( star that fascinates me the most though ) but it's the luckiest star,wherever it is is a blessing. Mine's in the 12th house,so I'd take it a saving grace for life threatening situations. I also read it's the music star and has something to do with musicians ,not quite sure.
Remember that (for most authorities) the stars influence only when in conjunction or parallel with:
-a planet
-the cusp or (whole sign) sensitive degree of a house (includes the ascendant and MC)
-the place of a Part/Lot or one of the 11 Manilius "fortunes"
Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Hi,

I have:
Venus at 24 degrees in Libra
My 6th house cusp is 22 degrees Libra
My Vertex is at 27 degrees Libra
and my sun is also in Libra but at the 29th degree

Spica is right in there.

She's flirting with everybody but not doing much.

Spica = Big Tease

Old 01-28-2012, 04:45 AM

I look at avatar of SPica oriented people ^^

All look good Of course..they won't use the ugly one.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:47 PM

I have Spica in a tight conjunction to my moon in the 12H. How does this figure? Anyone?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
I have Spica in a tight conjunction to my moon in the 12H. How does this figure? Anyone?
SPICA with Moon:

Gain through inventions, success, wealth and honor from Mercury, Venus or Jupiter people. [Robson*, p.211.]

source:

THE ASTROLOGICAL INFLUENCES OF THE STAR SPICA
http://www.constellationsofwords.com...s_alphabet.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Lone Wolf (03-27-2013), oriel (03-28-2013), Zarathu (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Teb

spica is conjunct my MC in the 9th house. mc is 25'02. venus is located at 13' virgo in the 8th. other people's money.

progressed it is conjunct mercury in the 8th
precessed solar return it is conjunct mars and saturn in the 3rd house

Last edited by Teb; 03-27-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teb View Post
spica is conjunct my MC in the 9th house. mc is 25'02. venus is located at 13' virgo in the 8th. other people's money.

progressed it is conjunct mercury in the 8th
precessed solar return it is conjunct mars and saturn in the 3rd house
All connections, here, show benefit and constructive influences.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 AM

If you are using spica you have to include Arcturus and eta carinae which are close by.

Jim
Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 AM

I consider the nearby Arcturus every bit as "benefic" as the more well-known Spica.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 AM

what does it mean, in my natal my spica(23.41) is in the 2nd house(libra) conjunct arcturus(24.4)?

I've read different interpretations but I wanna know others insights on this..these two are always or usually conjunct?

Last edited by oriel; 03-28-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eta_Carinae

You give no respect to eta carinae. I don't think that is wise.

Stars have to do with other people. They are not planets like mars and venus.

Jim
Old 03-28-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkstrand View Post
Stars have to do with other people. They are not planets like mars and venus.

Jim
Hello Jim,
Could you please elaborate on that a bit?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM

Stillone
The sun is a star. It has to do with you. ALL the objects that go around the sun,planets, (comets?), tnos, brown dwarfs have to do with you.

Other stars are your brothers, parents, teachers, wives, husbands, bosses,etc.

Galaxies are cultures, french, german, italian, galactic center = your culture.

Supergalaxy clusters are mankind. shapley 8 super cluster is our mankind.

Hope that helps, cause where i'm sitting nobody has a clue about stars and the cosmos. Oh and your body is a universe, the universe is a body.

Have a good day

Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to Bjorkstrand For This Useful Post:
StillOne (03-28-2013)

Tags
spica