Moon conj Orcus

flea

I just found out I have an incredibly tight conj, of 14 minutes. I heard that orcus is plutonian in nature.... orcus being an old roman name for pluto (not verified yet). So I wondered about this plutonian theme in my life.....I seem to have buckets loads....sun sq pluto/uranus for one....

I suppose I have a constant underworld rumble going on in my psyche which I pick up on with a cancer moon.

I wondered if anyone had some thoughts.....I am thinking more on the lines of cancer tapping into the public.....and if this can indicate a kind of psychic link to the general emotional ups and downs of large public bodies.... and would i be unduly impacted!!! I am careful in groups not to over do things and need my me time to stabilize frequently...

Does it hold any clues to handling this stuff.

FleaXX

R4VEN

flea said:
I just found out I have an incredibly tight conj, of 14 minutes. I heard that orcus is plutonian in nature.... orcus being an old roman name for pluto (not verified yet). So I wondered about this plutonian theme in my life.....I seem to have buckets loads....sun sq pluto/uranus for one....

I suppose I have a constant underworld rumble going on in my psyche which I pick up on with a cancer moon.

I wondered if anyone had some thoughts.....I am thinking more on the lines of cancer tapping into the public.....and if this can indicate a kind of psychic link to the general emotional ups and downs of large public bodies.... and would i be unduly impacted!!! I am careful in groups not to over do things and need my me time to stabilize frequently...

Does it hold any clues to handling this stuff.

FleaXX
Until I read this post I'd never heard of Orcus, so I did the research, downloaded the ephemeris, and viola!! It's interesting stuff, but I'm not sure about it's ability to influence anything, other than when in a tight aspect with other planets. But, given its recent `discovery' and naming, then perhaps its influence is to strengthen Pluto - I imagine this would certainly be so when someone has Orcus in close aspect to their natal Pluto, and so perhaps also a sensitive planet such as the moon.. My position of Orca is 23 deg Gemini, which is in opposition to my Jupiter, and so forming a temporary mutable Grand Cross with the trans. Uranus-Saturn opposition. And I have been experiencing - slowly since the first exact Saturn-Uranus opp, but more powerfully during Jan & Feb - an increase in `exposure' to the darker side of human nature..... pretty ugly, actually; real crazy, in-your-face stuff.

flea, like me you have moon in Cancer, and I notice your moon in opposition to Mars (agghh!!!!) so I imagine that Orcus can give a darker depth to your sensitivities and insights to those in your environment. I'm wondering whether the real issue is Orcus opp Mars - what powerful energy that could create in your environment.
My closest friend has moon (in Aries) opp Mars, and she's forever putting herself in quite dangerous personal situations in order to `right-fight' according to what she believes is truthful. This is ok, but she gets herself projected onto by some quite difficult and even damaged people - oh, and she hasn't spoken to her mum in years!!

(I've rambled, I know, but it's the weather I think.....)

freedomlover

Flea,

Another forum member told me once that Orcus was like Pluto, but more outward focused, whereas Pluto was more inward/transformation.

So Orcus conjunct Moon in Cancer..... was your mother very controlling/obsessive/manipulative?

I have this, too. I don't know if this is a Cancer Moon thing, or tied in to something else. (However Cancer is the sign of the mass consciousness, is it not?)

FL

R4VEN

freedomlover said:
(However Cancer is the sign of the mass consciousness, is it not?) FL
I'd never heard Cancer described that way.......... but it does make sense somehow!

So that would explain why it is I `collect' everyone's thoughts and feelings, and then spend valuable time in ploughing through them in search of myself!

flea

it has been a big thing for me.... feeling not necessarily my owm feelings and trying to interpret them as my own. Part of my communication style is to work with the emotional energy of the other person.... or at the very least tune into it.

Being able to feel a group....leads to the thought that cancer is particularly good at dealing with the wider public, and picking trends....what people like or dont like.

Mars moon is a wide aspect for me.... so not a real in your face thing, though I can pick projection.... moon and mars are well placed in term of sign... so I dont see the more negative side... it is more of a subtle balancing act, to honour my emotions and also my physical body.... then I feel centred at one with self.

FleaXXX