Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:08 AM

Ascendant conjunct south node

Edit to remove info.

Last edited by Sweet Escape; 07-12-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM

Re: Ascendant conjunct south node

Quote:
I'm wondering whether or not I'd be a negative influence to someone if my ascendant is conjunct their south node?
If anything it would be their South Node influencing your Ascendant.

In traditional astrology South Node is unfavorable. In modern astrology it is the point where we are supposed to give out what we have taken in at the North Node (one of the interpretations and the easiest one i.m.o.).
Often where the South Node is placed in one's horoscope, it is associated with something we are already familiar with (from another life if you believe in karma)and which comes easy to us. Also it could make us choose for the "easy way out" I believe whereas the North Node is a "learning" point and where we have to put in some effort. So when the North Nodes point of growth is too much for us (to difficult for some reason) we could still use to stay comfortable with our South Node. There are all sorts of different theories about the Nodes.

Now if the person is giving out what he has learned via his North Node, than I guess you could benefit from it. That person could influence your personality by showing you something new maybe.

Or, you might find that person lazy and not really growing as a person and he or she could then maybe lean on you, being a bit of a bloodsucker maybe or wanting to "grow" with your help. I dont know, I am purely speculating as I find the Nodes interpretation quite multi facetted.

Maybe a traditional astrologer could give you more info on this position.

Cheers, Starlink
Old 12-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Senior Member, Moderator, Administrator

goes both ways, to Sweet

Sweet,

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Escape
I'm wondering whether or not I'd be a negative influence to someone if my ascendant is conjunct their south node?
While connections in syanstry to the South node can hold the South node person back from their goals, connections in synastry to the North node can help the North node person move towards their goals. This creates an interesting issue when the South node is connected AND the North node is connected in synastry. Since a conjunction of the Ascendant to the South node is also a conjunction of the Descendant to the North node, there can be a "balancing effect" where the person is not held back nor moved forward by the connections to the Ascendant and Descendant.

Having it both ways,

Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsontc For This Useful Post:
fullmoonlibra (09-20-2013)

Tags
ascendant, conjunct, node, south