Where is the obesity in this chart?

Courtney Love

This person weighs over 500 pounds, she actually weighed almost 600 when she got pregnant for the second time. Her parents died when she was very young, and she does overeat of course... but what are the indications for it? I remember getting her chart done a while ago, and it said she gains weight easily, but where is this shown? Is it included with the uranus rising, given her appearance an unusual aspect, or would it be the 6th house ruled by food-loving cancer?

Matthew The Astrologer

Assuming no other medical reason: Venus in the first makes for a fondness for eating, and never underestimate the impact of Moon in Taurus (ruled by that 1st house Venus) for that sort of thing. Also, the Moon/Venus square can make for "emotional eating." Bonus points: ascendant ruler in a water sign, and the Mercury/Jupiter mutual reception.

BobZemco

Venus and Jupiter are benefic planets if well placed, if not, overindulgence is typical.

Her progressed Venus would have opposed natal Mars around age 6 which would also be about the time progressed Mars moved into the 8th house.

Derestanne

And then she has Jupiter conjunct Mars in Virgo (6th house rulership again), which means "passionate appetite"! Anytime Jupiter and Mars get together there is apt to be overindulgence. Now if only she could channel this Jupiter and Mars energy in a beneficial fashion! You could watch mountains begin moving!

Moondance

I'm surprised no one mentioned the proximityof the moon (emotions, mother,things inherited) and Chiron, the wound that never heals. That squaring the first house(the body) venus clinches it for me. Many eating disorders have a link to parenting and abuse, resulting in a compulsive need to nuture the self or die (symbolically or literally in some cases.)

Raindrops

I know someone with Venus in the first in Cancer. They have always had to watch what they eat because the love food.

I would mostly say it is the Mars Conjunct Jupiter -- Jupiter trine the Sun/Moon by 4 degrees. I know several "very large" friends - each one either has Sun trine/square Jupiter or Moon trine/square Jupiter.

Jupiter makes them SO optimistic that they never really balance out the exercise or "saturnine" parts in their charts.

But all of these aspects combined could indicate a very large problem. :(

mathur_dinesh

I am a Vedic astrologer and I can comment on the chart according to the rules of Vedic astrology.
The ascendant is Capricorn (being Sidereal). Jupiter is the planet that expands and adds bulk, Saturn contracts and reduces bulk. Mars rules the musculature.
Physical body is represented by the Sun, the ascendant, and the first house from the natal Sun. When all the three have influence of Jupiter the bulk increases.
In this chart the Sun is in Sagittarius and it exchanges signs with Jupiter. Jupiter is in Leo and the Sun in a sign of Jupiter. The first house from the Sun is the sign that it occupies which as we have seen is ruled by Jupiter. Now coming to the ascendant, it has Venus placed in the sign Capricorn. Saturn owns Capricorn. It is in a constellation (called Uttar Phalguni) of the Sun which is under strong influence of Jupiter. Jupiter is in a constellation (Poorva Phalguni) of Venus, which occupies the ascendant.
A Vedic astrologer on this testimony should predict a bulky physique.

Last edited:

Andonis

One should also observe that she is in danger of premature death. Saturn, Ruler of 1 in her 8th house, with Pluto cohabiting there. But an unhappy Mercury in Sagittarius Ruler of 8 square Saturn ruler of 1. When the tenants are in argument with the unhappy owners we have problems.

Courtney Love

ok... Can anyone look at her chart and see if she's in imminent danger?

Julia's been complaining of chest pain (like something's sitting on her chest :sad:) for months and now her legs are swelling and we've taken her to the hospital and they've kept her a few times and they're just sort of ignoring her problems, and telling her to sign up for gastric bypass. but right now she's got some frightening indicators of heart disease, and it's scary. The hospital will give her some nitroglycerin and send her home a day later, saying she's too big to do a stress test, but I mean.. that's it. They're chalking up her rapid heart beat and chest pain to stress.

Julia's (tiny) mother died when she was only 32, and Julia's 29 and this is.. beyond terrifying. She has 2 young children...

astrow2gw37juliahp23761.gif

katydid

I think the Earth grand trine is a big part of the obesity problem. Trines can get out of control and grow unabashed, with no restraint.
Sun/ Moon-Chiron / Mars-Jupiter ALL DENOTE expansion and growth and the grand trine has no end, no control in place.

There is a crisis coming imo because tr Pluto will hit the Sun soon, and become a part of the grand trine. Hopefully it will mean she is transforming and downsizing during this transit. Otherwise it really can be a dangerous physical transit imo. Pluto in her natal chart just kind of sits there in the 8th, but not really incorporated , besides a sextile from Mercury. So perhaps she DREAMS of having some powerful self control, but feels out of control most of the time instead.
But NOW this Pluto, ruler of the MC, has made it's way to the Sun, and the cusp of the 12th. Sounds like serious issues to me, considering the Pluto has just finished squaring the natal Saturn in the 8th, which also is in a wide square to the Sun. And the saturn is making it's RETURN, so extra physical stress is there as well.

So YES, this is a critical time for her and Pluto demands her full attention now.

It is not up to the doctors now, it is all up to her. She needs to make these changes now for herself, and begin to get her weight under control before Pluto fully enters the earth grand trine imo.

AquariusT

The grand trine is the obesity, I think. I didn't want to read and run, but I will look at her chart in the am..and post back. Hope she is ok. That natal saturn pluto in her 8th is not so wonderful.

Courtney Love

I am sorry to hear about your sister, Virgo... it's awful when people can't save themselves...

Katydid, I hear you loud and clear about when Julia needs to do, but I find it's hard for her because no one else around her needs to watch what they eat, everyone is of normal weight, with her kids being underweight... so It's going to be an enormous struggle because she's just so big it probably seems like an impossible task, and then with everyone else joyfully eating garbage around her.. man...

I am more than a little worried... and I don't even know what to do, I know you're saying it's up to her, but I think Julia has probably accepted an early death, and she'd probably rather eat what she wants til the day she dies :(

katydid

Katydid, I hear you loud and clear about when Julia needs to do, but I find it's hard for her because no one else around her needs to watch what they eat, everyone is of normal weight, with her kids being underweight... so It's going to be an enormous struggle because she's just so big it probably seems like an impossible task, and then with everyone else joyfully eating garbage around her.. man...
I am more than a little worried... and I don't even know what to do, I know you're saying it's up to her, but I think Julia has probably accepted an early death, and she'd probably rather eat what she wants til the day she dies :(

Pluto is the planet of REBIRTH, so maybe she will choose to live. I understand that it will be very hard, but she will need the help of her family if she decides to try. They CANNOT eat garbage either, and it probably is important for her kids to learn this now rather than later anyway.
Pluto will cross over her SUN, which will be the conjunction of DEATH/LIFE.
I would not always use those keywords for this transit, but in the case of someone who is 500 lbs. then that is exactly what is at stake.
It will only be successful if her whole family is on board. Someone is obviously enabling her if she weighs that much because she cannot jump up and drive to McDonalds. Someone is doing it for her and they need to stop.
:ninja:

smilingsteph

Chest pain and leg swelling are very big signs of her heart going into failure. She may have even had or be having a heart attack. I dont understand how a doctor could let this go, but sadly they see an obese person and the patient becomes judged! Really it is awful!

I would take her into the hospital. If she wants to live, (I have not looked at the chart, so nothing I am saying is related) she needs medical are right away. Chest pain is either due to her heart lacking blood flow from clogged arteries, or a possibly lethal blood clot in the lung due to inactivity, as I am sure it is hard to move much with a lot of weight.
The legs swelling means that her heart is having trouble pumping the blood and it can leak fluid from the vessels into the interstitial tissues.

This is very scary. I hope the best for her. :sad:

Claire19

I am wondering how and why she became pregnant in that condition.!!!!! It totally beggars belief on many levels.

She is on her Saturn return year and when that planet hits the natal Saturn in Virgo in the 8th there is extreme danger of her passing over. Saturn has a wide square to the Sun which sits on the 12th cusp and when the transitting Pluto hits the SUn on the that cusp, the area of hospitalisation it represents more danger. I dont like the signs I have to say.

Seymour

Chest pain and leg swelling are very big signs of her heart going into failure. She may have even had or be having a heart attack. I dont understand how a doctor could let this go, but sadly they see an obese person and the patient becomes judged! Really it is awful!

I would take her into the hospital. If she wants to live, (I have not looked at the chart, so nothing I am saying is related) she needs medical are right away. Chest pain is either due to her heart lacking blood flow from clogged arteries, or a possibly lethal blood clot in the lung due to inactivity, as I am sure it is hard to move much with a lot of weight.
The legs swelling means that her heart is having trouble pumping the blood and it can leak fluid from the vessels into the interstitial tissues.

This is very scary. I hope the best for her. :sad:
Unlucky I'm afraid your right, smiling. My grandfather died due to heart disease few years ago and he had similar problems. He wasn't fat, his problem was ereditary.

Now I'm not gonna talk of astrological signs because I'm not expert enough to make statements about them. But if the reason of Julia's heart problems is Weight I think you should do everything you can to let her lose weight,Courtney Love. This is not an Impossible thing to heal. It requires much strong will and determination, that's true but we'r talking of saving her life, no matter how hard it will be I think you and julia's family should make all the necessary efforts.

It's for her health , and even if it might be painful for her I'm sure it will be easier and easier with time.You should start gradually with fixing her diet and step by step removing her food exaggerations. It's important not to do it fastly because it would be Harder for her. If she feels much the lack of food, try to let her drink a bit more of water/anhalcolic drinks.But if shedoes it correctly i'm sure she'll be able to lose a good amount of weight. I know how it works more or less because I have an uncle who is doctor in my family and I've heard about those things very much. Anyways, a professional help from a doctor is essential here. You should try though, you cant let her waste her life at such a young age

Good luck, all the best wishes

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Unlucky I'm afraid your right, smiling. My grandfather died due to heart disease few years ago and he had similar problems. He wasn't fat, his problem was ereditary.

Now I'm not gonna talk of astrological signs because I'm not expert enough to make statements about them. But if the reason of Julia's heart problems is Weight I think you should do everything you can to let her lose weight,Courtney Love. This is not an Impossible thing to heal. It requires much strong will and determination, that's true but we'r talking of saving her life, no matter how hard it will be I think you and julia's family should make all the necessary efforts.

It's for her health , and even if it might be painful for her I'm sure it will be easier and easier with time.You should start gradually with fixing her diet and step by step removing her food exaggerations. It's important not to do it fastly because it would be Harder for her. If she feels much the lack of food, try to let her drink a bit more of water/anhalcolic drinks.But if shedoes it correctly i'm sure she'll be able to lose a good amount of weight. I know how it works more or less because I have an uncle who is doctor in my family and I've heard about those things very much. Anyways, a professional help from a doctor is essential here. You should try though, you cant let her waste her life at such a young age

Good luck, all the best wishes

I agree Seymour.
Batteling an eating disorder is very difficult. The mind is very strong. This is the same an alcoholic. Telling her to curtail her eating is like telling an alcoholic that they need to quit or die.
I think maybe putting it to your friend this way can help? There are facilities that will take her as a patient and the state will pay for her to be there for medical treatment. I think the only way she can stay alive is to be hospitalized to both work her up and control her eating environment.

Seymour

I agree Seymour.
Batteling an eating disorder is very difficult. The mind is very strong. This is the same an alcoholic. Telling her to curtail her eating is like telling an alcoholic that they need to quit or die.
I think maybe putting it to your friend this way can help? There are facilities that will take her as a patient and the state will pay for her to be there for medical treatment. I think the only way she can stay alive is to be hospitalized to both work her up and control her eating environment.
Absolutely! This is not easy...But I believe that with the strength of will and the help of Both a doctor and her Family she can do very much! Of course, She Need to be willing to make an effort and to solve this problem...I hope she will choose to fight and not to give up because I know very well some people "let just things happen and see how it goes" a bit too much...

Last edited:

Lulu-B

I have heard obesity tends to be associated with the first few degrees of Aquarius, but that was one author's opinion.

estrella

I think everyone has made really good points so far. She has alot going on that points toward a propensity for overeating to excess. I will add that the Moon(mother,emotions)/Chiron(wounding) conjunction draws so much energy into the 3rd house of childhood and siblings. I wonder if the mother somehow damaged her mentally and emotionally, and this has contributed toward her eating disorder.

I have done charts for a lady who is also morbidly obese who has severe psychological problems that contribute to her obesity. Chiron is also quite active in her chart as well. Her mother is a very twisted person who has done immense psychological damage to her. I think that when nurturing in childhood is unhealthy, the adult can often seek comfort in compulsive addictions in adulthood, and this can show in the natal chart in many different ways.

Last edited: