Indicators of astrological interest

sam

What placements would one look for in a natal chart that would indicate an interest in astrology?

Uranus seems like the logical answer, but I've noticed a lot of people who are deeply interested in astrology don't have the typical Uranian influence that would be expected.

Would Neptune or water signs possibly be an indication?

Shimmy26

I remember reading something about this not too long ago, but of course I have no memory of where (I don't even know if it was in a book or online!). What I have discovered though, is that when I was reading through posts on this forum awhile ago, everyone I came across around my age (16) had Aquarius rising. Sorry this is all I have to offer at this time - I'm still trying to find the answer to this question myself (although of course there won't be an exact answer - this is astrology we're talking about! :D

Arian Maverick

What I have discovered though, is that when I was reading through posts on this forum awhile ago, everyone I came across around my age (16) had Aquarius rising.

That is so funny, Shimmy! Leave it to us Aquarians to discover the off-beat areas of life before our peers! :mrgreen:

I'm curious now...how many others around our age have you discovered? I know I've always felt like the baby of the forums :roll:

Aquarian Maverick

sita

This is anecdotal and tangental (of course) but I have Aquarius rising and Uranus in the Ninth house. Comparatively, I'm not a great astrologer because I don't know the rules yet, but I do really really like it and always have.

I can remember being in first grade (7 years old) and "guessing" the month my classmates were born. My classmates gathered around me in a circle, and I would feel them out as individuals and try to find where their solar energy was. I was right about 80% of the time, and managed to gather a bit of attention I soon recognized I felt uncomfortable with: "How do you DO that? How do you know?"

I didn't know how I knew, just that I knew. ?!?!

I must have come here with this awareness, along with an ingrained fear of witchhunts and burning at the stake. Things got to be a little "weird" when I couldn't explain how I knew what month their birthday was, and I really started to panic and started intentionally giving wrong answers so I wouldn't be singled out as a freak in the first grade. The attention fizzed and they backed off, but I was left with a new realization about myself.

It's too bad, because I had to wait until my twenties to start to get into astrology and other fun stuff. I was forced to "be" Catholic until I was 18 and legally responsible for myself, but in the meantime, I was stuck listening to my Born-Again-Christian relatives tell me that all us crystal-weariing, astro-charting, Judas loving, tree huggers were all going to hell.
FOR CERTAIN.

Pagan/Cosmological and Satanic meant the same thing.

Pretty supportive, eh? I think this is why Uranus gets so wrathful.

Cool thread to start,by the way

Sita :wink:

sam

Aquarian Maverick said:
I'm curious now...how many others around our age have you discovered? I know I've always felt like the baby of the forums :roll:

Ha, I believe I'm a bit younger than you :)

sita said:
I can remember being in first grade (7 years old) and "guessing" the month my classmates were born. My classmates gathered around me in a circle, and I would feel them out as individuals and try to find where their solar energy was. I was right about 80% of the time, and managed to gather a bit of attention I soon recognized I felt uncomfortable with: "How do you DO that? How do you know?"

I didn't know how I knew, just that I knew. ?!?!

I must have come here with this awareness, along with an ingrained fear of witchhunts and burning at the stake. Things got to be a little "weird" when I couldn't explain how I knew what month their birthday was, and I really started to panic and started intentionally giving wrong answers so I wouldn't be singled out as a freak in the first grade. The attention fizzed and they backed off, but I was left with a new realization about myself.

It's too bad, because I had to wait until my twenties to start to get into astrology and other fun stuff. I was forced to "be" Catholic until I was 18 and legally responsible for myself, but in the meantime, I was stuck listening to my Born-Again-Christian relatives tell me that all us crystal-weariing, astro-charting, Judas loving, tree huggers were all going to hell.
FOR CERTAIN.

That's awesome, Sita. Perhaps you were an astrologer in a past life?

I can relate to the social pressure as well. I've always been attracted to astrology and the like, and it's difficult when you receive no support from those who are supposed to love you the most.

Could you guys post your natal chart for me, and do you feel that you were always interested in astrology? I ask this so we can differentiate between what was a natal influence and what was a transiting influence, or maybe a combination of both. Thanks :)

sita

Sam, Hi.
I know there is a better way to post a chart, but here's a link for now.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=8d3filegbpf9Z-u1132608114&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

I bet there are websites out there that have done similar things with astrologers charts for you to look at also. Keep me posted on what you find. This should be fun!

Another tangent for you, hope that's ok with you:

I'm pretty sure I was a yogi of sorts in India. I think this is where I got the astrology stuff from. I was a woman. I have a few random past live memories of travelling to see people of wisdom who gave me tea and welcomed me in to stay and learn with them. I also have a dream memory of my death in that life, also. Very crazy. I saw a post mortem viewing of my body where my body was lying on the pyre on the Ganges (dead but still lingering nearby) and my two daughters were grieving the loss of me before the pyre was lit and to be sent away down the river. One daughter was completely distraught, and as she was wailing and sobbing and grieving my death, the power of her despair SUCKED me into her soul. She took me in and engulfed me. At that moment I became aware as HER, and as SHE was feeling. I woke up from that "dream" sobbing hysterically, as I was grieving my own death from my daughter's perspective. I somehow became her, and I'm not sure where my soul went after that.

Nutty.

Sita

sam

sita said:
Sam, Hi.
I know there is a better way to post a chart, but here's a link for now.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=8d3filegbpf9Z-u1132608114&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

I bet there are websites out there that have done similar things with astrologers charts for you to look at also. Keep me posted on what you find. This should be fun!

Another tangent for you, hope that's ok with you:

I'm pretty sure I was a yogi of sorts in India. I think this is where I got the astrology stuff from. I was a woman. I have a few random past live memories of travelling to see people of wisdom who gave me tea and welcomed me in to stay and learn with them. I also have a dream memory of my death in that life, also. Very crazy. I saw a post mortem viewing of my body where my body was lying on the pyre on the Ganges (dead but still lingering nearby) and my two daughters were grieving the loss of me before the pyre was lit and to be sent away down the river. One daughter was completely distraught, and as she was wailing and sobbing and grieving my death, the power of her despair SUCKED me into her soul. She took me in and engulfed me. At that moment I became aware as HER, and as SHE was feeling. I woke up from that "dream" sobbing hysterically, as I was grieving my own death from my daughter's perspective. I somehow became her, and I'm not sure where my soul went after that.

Nutty.

Sita

Whoa! That's pretty crazy. Did you feel anything when you saw your body, like sadness or anything? Were you in an altered state while you saw that like meditation or sleep?

Thank you for the chart. :D

sita

Sam,

you're welcome, and thank YOU. :wink:

I dreamed that in a period of my life where I was consistently "on the ball," i.e: focused, clear, progressing and grounded. I was very well supported, and knew it.

When I saw my body, I felt satisfaction, pleasure at how beautiful and feminine I had appeared, and the sweet sadness involved in parting and leaving, but knowing. Dying was beautiful.

Sita

Arian Maverick

Ha, I believe I'm a bit younger than you

I know, but I've been on the forums for quite some time now and it's hard to adjust one's thinking :wink:

Anyway, thank you for sharing your story, Sita! I believe I am able to understand your internal conflict because I am experiencing something of a similar nature; like you, I was born and raised Catholic, except my parents rarely attended mass themselves. Ironcially, I was the one who immersed myself back into the Church and feel virtually no pressure from my parents to continue to do so, yet I find myself mindlessly reciting prayers and murmuring the appropriate congressional responses week after week. I love the choral and youth group I belong to, and I do not wish to abandon them, yet I feel like a hypocrite sometimes :?

Aquarian Maverick

amelia

Sam, Hi

I would like to add my point of view. I was born on 13th February 1966, 13.30pm. I started studying Astrology at the age of 13. My sun sign is Aquarius and my Ascendant is at 29o Gemini. Now, according to an interesting theoty by Nickolas Stojanovic, www.astrologyinserbia.com, the 29th degree of each sign indicates clairvoyance. I still think I'm an amateur in interpreting charts, but there have been many times that while watching at someone's chart (totally strangers to me) I mentioned facts about their lives I wouldn't know otherwise. I would really like to know if there is an explanation to this. :?

Amelia.

sam

amelia said:
Sam, Hi

I would like to add my point of view. I was born on 13th February 1966, 13.30pm. I started studying Astrology at the age of 13. My sun sign is Aquarius and my Ascendant is at 29o Gemini. Now, according to an interesting theoty by Nickolas Stojanovic, www.astrologyinserbia.com, the 29th degree of each sign indicates clairvoyance. I still think I'm an amateur in interpreting charts, but there have been many times that while watching at someone's chart (totally strangers to me) I mentioned facts about their lives I wouldn't know otherwise. I would really like to know if there is an explanation to this. :?

Amelia.

That's cool! And thank you for sharing your insights. :)

Lunar Pisces

Bob Marks said this in his forum a while back:

Uranus in aspect to the Mid-Heaven can make a good TECHNICAL astrologer. Neptune makes a good READER of charts. Mercury trine Uranus also seems to occur in the charts of astrologers. The late Charles Emerson told me that all of the charts of astrologers that he had seen (and he saw quite a few) had the hypothetical trans-Neptunian "planet" Haydes in some aspect to the Mid-Heaven (he counted the minor aspects here).

Bob Marks

The thread was here: http://www.bobmarksastrologer.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1578

Uranus does play a part in astrological interest, in not technical ability as Marks
suggests. One common aspect is Uranus trining MC - this is often found in asreologer's
charts. I have this aspect myself. Moreover in my case, I have a 1st house
Libra Uranus singelton. My mercury in conjunct my MC, so it trines my Uranus
as well. I consider myself a fairly good techincal astrologer, although I am a bit
of a renegade (perhaps that my Aqua Mars tringin my Uranus, as I don't follow
the rules by rote and definitely have my own opinions. I'm also largely self-taught.

I have Neptune (also a singelton) conjunct Jupiter in the 3rd which is considered
by some a highly psychic placement. Whether it makes my a good astrologer
I don't know, but it does make me very intuitive and empathic, attributes I do use
when I am doing astrology. I personally consider astrology an "intuitive science."

Sometimes the 8th house, Scorpio and Pluto indicate interest in astrology or the
occult. However, I haven't seen these linked specifically with doing astrology
rather than simply being attracted to it or believing. Transits and progressions
into Scorpio or the 8th are likewise often said to bring about a new or renewed
interest in occult matters. I personally have Pluto rising and Chiron and Pallas in
the 8th. Jupiter, which conjunct my Neptune singleton in Sag, is in Scorpio.
Scorpio also rules my 3rd, where this conjunction resides.

I had long been interested in astrology. It just sort of fascinated me. I didn't
realize I have a knack for it until I was in my 20s. I don't think there was any
reason I started that late other than I had not realized how indepth astrology
could be until the internet came about.

As I mentioned before, I am a Catholic. I personally have no issue with Christians
being interested in astrology. I think it's a tool, and like any tool it can be misapplied
and abused. I question predictive astrology, and don't use it, but as much out of
intellectual scepticism as religious objection. That asidesI know that Christians
and Jews had used astrology for centuries before the Enlightenment. Seeing
I disagree with several of the prevailing negative assumptions made of more
intuitive ways of thinking and investigating that are the symptom of Enlightmenment
rationalism gone awry, I see no reason why I should be patient with such narrow-minded
and ignorant attitudes. In short, some people think astrology is bogus, and others
think it's evil. I couldn't care less. I'll do whatever I choose to do. I'm VERY
Uranian in this way.

Kite

I have Uranus in Leo in the 6th house trine the MC and part of Grand Trine with Saturn in Sag, Moon/Mars in Aries.

I have Jup in 8 in the last degree of Virgo sextile the midheaven. What's most interesting to me is the experimental work I've been on lately. For instance, I have an opposition between Uranus in the sixth in 6 Leo 37 and Chiron in the twelfth 8 Aquarius 15. I decided to look at this opposition using a second harmonic chart. What this harmonic does is show oppositions as conjunctions.

Looking at the second harmonic chart, Uranus is now at 13 Sag 13 and Chiron is now at 16 Sag 30. I then calulated the midpoint which is Sabian 15 Sag which reads:

255__(15°)
GROUND-HOG, OUT OF ITS WINTER SLEEP, LOOKS FOR ITS SHADOW Revelation of basic life- purposes and cycles through omens. Universal patterning of life-relationship. Keen divination.
___*When positive, the degree is a natural talent for determining the proper course of action or reaction in any given issue, and when negative, lack of self-stability and ingrained timidity.

I've probably seen both sides of this but find it very helpful in getting the gist of the opposition. In this case, I think it shows not only my interest in astrology but a strong affinity to it.

Kite

wilsontc

Staff member
North node

Sam,

You also have Aquarius (friends, also astrology) modifying North node (future goals) focused in the 8th house (transformation, also occult), indicating you may have future goals of learning more about the occult side of astrology. In addition, you have a T-square focused on Pluto (transformation, also occult) between the nodes, further indicating the interest in the occult.

Occulting astrologically,

Tim

pwadm

Staff member
Interesting thread!

I have Uranus conjunct the North Node (can't get enough astrology) distantly square Saturn (8 deg.orb - a little technical in my approach) in the 11th house (internet, websites) and Scorpio (interested in research of little known patterns rather than interpreting people's charts).

Mary

I´m not a profesional astrologer but I have been drown to the occult since I was a little girl, always curious as my Moon in Gemini conjunct Asc reflects... Started studying Astrology by myself at the age of 11 (also some quiromancy, numerology and tarot ... self taught ... is somthing quite uranian...

Also played a lot with EPS and medium games, ok I have scorpio ruling my 5th house (Ceres also in Scorpio in the 5th) But Astrology fits much more with me, so I continued buying books and teaching myself.

Aquarius rules my 8th house cusp (occult) and it placed in the 5th house (hobbies) is actually aspecting my 10th house ruler, mars but I´m not pursuing and astological career right now. I always say that I may and would love to study professionaly astrology and do interpretations when I´m older, maybe retired (Jupiter which is dispositor of Uranus is in Scorpio in the 4th house, .... the last planet in my 4th house (very late in life) also it´s close to the 5th house cusp and conjunct pluto ruler of 5th house.

Another aspect they told me could provide pyschic ability would be my heavy aspected neptune conjucnt dark moon in the 6th opposed to my ASC at 29º (claryvoiance) Gemini conjunct 28º 54´ moon (next to be clarivoyant , haha kidding). My moon works in the 12th trines Pluto and Jupiter in scorpio in the 4th.

My chart ruler, Mercury is in the 11th house, I read in a old astrology book that mercury in the 11th would be found in a lot of astrologer (obvoiusly with a lot of other aspects that support that idea) My mercury is conjunct chiron, .. an it´s the apex of a yod formed with a neptune-lilith-pluto sextile.

What else?.... mmm I´m thinking.. I guess that´s all... What do you think?

Frisiangal

Hi,

What would the traditional astrologer(s) here, who don't recognize the influence of the outer planets, reply to this question? Astrology was a craft based upon the original 7. Would it be something to find under Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, the 9th or 11th houses ?

I was brought up with modern astrology but it's interesting that my 9th house Mercury is semi-square Saturn in Gemini, and 9th house Sun is square Jupiter. Anyone else have astrological configurations'in their charts without using the modern planets?

I was born with Aquarius on 6th house cusp, Uranus conjunct Gemini M.C, and an 11th house N.Node in Cancer. A continuing journey ? :)

F.

sita

Mary, our Moon is on the same degree of Gemini. I am 28'18" Gemini, with a Jupiter conjunction at 0, 1' Cancer. Fifth house, though. Do we have anything else in common?

Sita