The lovely lady venus

Howl

Hey gang. Thought I would post some new interpretations of Venus through the signs. I'm always looking for a new/different/better take on these things! Haven't read them all, but found some material of value in those I have read. Here is the link, too: http://www.12house.com/home/archives.cfm?articleID=1413. Feel free to respond to the following if they don't suit, then other people can hear first hand what rings true and what doesn't :)

Venus in Aries: The warrior spirit of Aries directs the energies of Venus in many different ways. These people love challenges (though they may complain about them), and appreciate having to figure out a way to achieve their conquest.

[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

milkywaygirl

i have venus in cap in the second house. although i can identify a little with it, i feel more like venus in taurus, minus the possessiveness and materialism! i guess all my pisces energy softens cap up a lot...

my venus aspects are:
sextile ascendant (scorpio) 1deg orb
sextile uranus (in scorpio) 3.5 deg orb
opposed jupiter (in leo) 5deg orb

so is it safe to say that jupiter is opening up the closed-ness of capricorn, scorpio ascendant is injecting some deepness/passion, and uranus is kind of ungrounding it a little bit?

working through it as i go...

Sagittarian Angel

What doesn't sound real to me...
For example, if one embraced Catholicism then they would want their partner to go to church with them or if Atheism is embraced they would want an alignment with that ideal as well.
I don't judge love by religion...
These individuals can be avid equestrians and extreme sports enthusiasts.
Also, it isn't true.
Edit: the rest is OK. :)

Howl

These individuals can be avid equestrians and extreme sports enthusiasts
For some reason, people can't seem to resist attaching these crazy kinds of generalisations on the end of what would have otherwise been a reasonable interpretation. The lack of subtlety annoys me :)

I have venus in Aqua, and the whole interpretation seems reasonable to me, apart from:
buy them computer gifts that allow them to be "plugged in" and tuned into the latest technology
What is that all about?! Uranus may rule technology, but having Venus in the sign of Uranus hardly ensures that a new Ipod and camera phone will put a smile on my dial. I can hardly think of a less imaginative gift :p

pisceskitty

Hi Babies,

I have Venus in Pisces sitting in my 5th house. I'm a hopeless romantic who's love life always manages to suck!..lol venus rules my Asc. also[Libra]I love beautiful things[children, animals, art..men!] I have a serious sweet-tooth too! I am attracted to the underdog:stray animals, orphans; the disabled. I also find myself attracted to wounded men, which is something I need to work on! I just have a strong need to nurture and take care of men, who really don't look out for me. It seems the more damaged they are, the more I want them!

Venus conjunct Sun
Venus square Saturn
Venus Square Neptune
Venus semisextile Chiron
Venus square Vesta
Venus trine Pallas
Venus square Juno
Venus square Ceres
Venus sextile N.Node
Venus trine S.Node
Venus trine Pt.Fortune

Last edited:

Manic_Monday

Libra20 said:
Thanks for posting. It was scary how accurate this was for my Venus placement. I even laughed out loud when I read things that I actually do that I just thought were my own excessive quirks.
I had to laugh too. :) I thought fiddling with my hair was just 'my own excessive quirk', to use your words. I love to style my hair and I can't help but doing it. I check the mirror to see how my hair is doing - all day long. My friends make remarks about it. They know I'll freak out when they say I have a bad hair day. ;)

The description of my Venus placement is just too accurate! My Venus is in Leo. I love attention and I love drama, although I can be very modest (Virgo Sun, after all). I love acting as well. My drama teacher once told me I was very talented. I don't act like another person, I am another person.
I love compliments, although I always blush when people compliment me. I never know what to say, but you bet I'm proud.
My secret day dream is being envied by everyone, because I ''light up the room when I enter.''

Catatonia

I have Venus in Libra in the 1st and have a noticable sweet tooth. Anything too sweet gets to me though, I can't handle it in large amounts. In fact, I have a history of glucose intolerance in my family. My grandmother is a diabetic and my grandfather was one. My father, oddly enough, also has an addiction to sugar (sweets) in general. He won't get tested for diabetes and he won't stop binging on candy and cream filled wafers either. My mother occasionally will eat the "forbidden," but she isn't big on it at all. Strange, though, how the diabetes runs through my mother's line while my father is a binge eater.

Howl

*Sigh* I would have a sweet tooth (Venus square Jupiter) if I did not have an excellent naturopath :D and the corresponding will to benefit from her advice (Sun/stellium in the sixth house). When I first moved out of home, I ate dark orange chocolate for breakfast as often as I could until blinding headspins brought me to the healing arts. Heheh, my remaining weakness is coffee ;)

waterlilly

Venus in Leo:This is a dramatic position for Venus. People with Venus in Leo love the chivalry of love and tend to build strong ideals around their partners. They desire the relationship to be bigger than life, to live in the majesty of the castle and to be admired by all to see.

Lol!..Hmmm some of this is true. especially the looking young thing. I'm 35 and people always say I look mid twenties...Annoying!

If i love you/ like you god help you. I will expect the same amount attention and will want adventure. I want to feel free and secure. I want to flirt but not touch. If i'm having a bad day you'll know by my hair...lol. I tend to idealise others. this is a real pain as i should start with more boundries and lower them as i'm shown their intentions..hmm i'll try that next time. Thanks!

Belgianmoonguy

Howl said:
Hey gang. Thought I would post some new interpretations of Venus through the signs. I'm always looking for a new/different/better take on these things! Haven't read them all, but found some material of value in those I have read. Here is the link, too: http://www.12house.com/home/archives.cfm?articleID=1413. Feel free to respond to the following if they don't suit, then other people can hear first hand what rings true and what doesn't :)

Venus in Aries: The warrior spirit of Aries directs the energies of Venus in many different ways. These people love challenges (though they may complain about them), and appreciate having to figure out a way to achieve their conquest.

I have Venus intercepted in the 9th in Taurus...
Why did i pick this 4 positions

My Draconic and Sidereal Venus are in Aries
Taurus is my natal Western chart position
I have Venus in 9, may be there's a bit relatedness to Venus in Sag then
My only love until now had Venus in Aqua (Aqua is a sign, very populated among my flirts... 2 were sun in Aqua, one had Moon in Aqua en my love had Venus in Aqua)

I can and can't relate to Venus in Taurus
I'm hardly relaxed, not physical (don't hug and cuddle at every occasion and with everyone).
But i like to cook for my love (sun conjunct mars in Cancer also) And off course i like sweets... But since i live in another town to study, i don't eat sweet things a lot anymore. I also like fruit a lot (oranges), especially exotic fruit
I indeed very rarely make the first move, and i am emotionally very loyal... I like breakfest in bed
My Venus semisquares my Sun and a 135° to Neptune, squares my Jupiter, opposes my Saturn (dam'n aspect) and quincunxes my Uranus.

I have little faith in love, am easily deluded, my love life is very weird from time to time and i exaggarate and sometimes make promises i can't keep
But I long for someone to spend my life with, but i don't mind if she comes this year, or in 10 years... Now i just want to spend time with friends, making my goals come true. I don't like the catch, i'm easily bored (love you one week, other week i want to break free). I'm a relational disaster from time to time.

Venus in Capricorn:Those born with Venus in Capricorn appreciate relationships that are defined and have a purpose, which ultimately fosters the achievement of a goal. When young, these natives often find themselves comfortable with partners who are more mature whether in age or demeanor and as they age, they tend to prefer more youthful partners who they can provide for.

I have Venus in Capricorn and I can be very serious when it comes to love. It takes me a while before I will show my real feelings. And I have always found it difficult to receive affection from people. Even when family want to hug me I just want to flee the room. It just makes me feel really uncomfortable.

My partner is the more affectionate one in our relationship, he says that I am affectionate and very loving but I don't feel I am this way. I do wish I could be more responsive and less defensive. I think deep down I remain closed because when you let someone in too close you are vulnerable and can be deeply hurt.

I was just thinking today about the way I start relationships. At the very beginning of a relationship, I will play very hard to get, even if I really like the person I will sort of prolong us meeting up again for a date. Or be very indecisive about the next time we go out, I am not one to jump in quickly I am very cautious at the beginning of any relationship.

After a few dates, I will start to test their affection for me. To see how serious they are about me. I will text them to say I want to break up. (I know this is wrong, but I have changed since then. :rolleyes: ) It will be over some very trivial reason why I want to end the relationship. I guess I just want to see if they care for me or not. Once I know how deep their love is for me. I am a lovely girlfriend, honest.:eek: I buy them lovely presents all the time, cook for them I do a lot for my partners, always the dutiful girlfriend.

I am very focused on goals within the partnership. Very supportive of my partners career ambitions. Sometimes though I feel a little hurt that my life hasn't really gone anywhere. This is probably too strong a statement, but I do feel sometimes that my partner gets to have everything, he has the more varied life while I feel I am dull in comparison. I don't mean to sound resentful, because my partner has a very big heart and is very loving and caring. He does say he will pay for childcare if I want to go to work and have some time away from the home. I don't know why I don't, I feel deep down that I should be learning to take responsibility at home with my child. And then there would be the guilty feeling if I wasn't with my son. I don't know one side of me can be dutiful and the other side of me isn't really that responsible at all. And I am very frightened deep inside of taking action, of living life. I hide within myself, my relationship and my home. I wasn't always this bad, but the last couple of years I have felt more away from life than ever.

I have come along way from the way I used to be. It still feels like I have got miles to go in learning about love, responsibility. Duties and valuing myself. Maybe with having Venus in Capricorn I need to lighten up more, and not be so hard on myself. Learn to love and value myself.

SimplyRed

I have Venus in Aquarious, LOL and the word Freedom is often a discussion in my relationships. For the most part, we are devoid of possessiveness, clingy behaviors and a lot of people often take flight because they think we do not care or not demonstrative in our feelings. We think that freedom is a huge part of the relationship and that would seed most other signs away. We are loyal and can be good friends. Good friends are a must with Aqu venus people before a relationship of romance and dating. However, I have Pisces sun sign and water trine, so this sort of adds something different. LIKE LOL Yea, you are in another town, but telepathy is good enough right or sharing a vision.
Sharing and equal is paramont with Venus in Aquarious. Plugged into the latest electronic, AGREE with that.

milkywaygirl

i've been reading this book inner planets by greene and sasportas, basically seminars on mercury venus mars, i really like how they approach venus when they say that venus in the chart represents our values and what we need to feel good about ourselves.

i had initially read the interpretation for venus in cap posted in this thread and didnt really identify too much with it. i mean i am serious about serious relationships, but i dont believe in all that no kissing on the first date stuff and a lot of other attributes of that placement that were mentioned.

but then i started to consider venus in cap in terms of it representing my values, and although it took some introspection (because i think i've blocked my venus from expressing itself a lot in the past), i realized that it does really ring true for me. i value steadiness, quality, durability, loyalty. these are the things that i myself would like to be, and these are qualities of the material things that i have that bring me the most pleasure. in a way as well in my personal relationships, i look for these qualities as well.

looking at venus as representing my values made much more sense to me than any writeup i have read.

Most of this rings true as a Venus in Aquarius person (and four other planets in Aquarius :p). I'm a pretty unconventional person, and my relationships can also be erratic. I usually make friends with other girls I've dated first, and then our relationship progresses from there, not the other way around. I see my girlfriend as my friend first and then as my girlfriend, if that makes any sense. Her Venus is in Libra, and the desription for tha placement fits her pretty well. She can be very charming and she has great taste in just about everything. I rely on her for anything fashion-related from what to wear on special occassions to gift-buying. I believe in equality and fair play as well. Through it all, I'm pretty loyal. I'm also into technology, taking apart and tinkering with anything I can place my hands on. It drives my family nuts! :D

tikana

Hi

I have venus in virgo in 2nd house. Honestly, i am not the tidiest person on earth. so i dont know why virgos are associated with neatness

Shrug
Tik

Sag Moon

Tik
I have Ve in Taurus.

Just thought I would check to see what this thread was saying.

Anyway,Virgo is analytical being ruled by Me. You having Ve in Virgo might be over critical of your mate or partner. In finances you might wish to know where every cent goes and know how to budget expenses. Some misers would have Ve=Virgo in their charts I bet.
The tidiness part can be obsesive compulsion disorder if a person has Virgo highlighted in their chart.

I have Pluto in Virgo which makes me investigate and tear things apart in order to almost understand them on a subatomic level. I over analyse many things until I completely come to a level of understanding that I myself can live with.Look at the way I go about astrology,LOL!

Last edited:

tikana

Sag Moon said:
Tik
I have Ve in Taurus.

Just thought I would check to see what this thread was saying.

Anyway,Virgo is analytical being ruled by Me. You having Ve in Virgo might be over critical of your mate or partner. In finances you might wish to know where every cent goes and know how to budget expenses. Some misers would have Ve=Virgo in their charts I bet.
The tidiness part can be obsesive compulsion disorder if a person has Virgo highlighted in their chart.

I have Pluto in Virgo which makes me investigate and tear things apart in order to almost understand them on a subatomic level. I over analyse many things until I completely come to a level of understanding that I myself can live with.Look at the way I go about astrology,LOL!

Sag Moon
Hi

I am not picky about my partners at ALL. I take them as is. Wierder he is, more i like it! as long as it is within abnormal norms. my venus behaves like aquarian venus or sag venus. I dont like talking about my emotions, moon in scorpio.

Tik

*ps did you get my PM?*