Alan Olen's soul centered astrology. (esoteric astro)

JayM

I took this book out of the library a fiew weeks ago, although I dont have it right now. It talks about the 7 rays of manifestation and the signs "souls centered rulers" which are different planets the traditional astro (most of them are, but cap and scorp are the same). These soul centered rulers are there once we have promoted conciousness. For example aires is ruled by mercury, pisces is ruled by pluto and aqu is ruled by jupitor.

Have you all looked at his book? What do you think?

freedomlover

I've never heard of it, but it sounds fascinating. "Esoteric Astrology" - a term I've heard bandied about but no virtually nothing about - always wanted to learn, though. That book sounds like as good a place to start as any. I'll put it on my list. :)

freedomlover

katydid said:
Is it Alan Oken ? That is one I am familiar with.

I thought that name looked familiar - sort of. :p

I have heard of Alan Oken. Still not familiar with him, but I have heard the name a few times. I bet it's a typo. After all "l" is right beside "k" on the keyboard - and Mercury IS retrograde!

JayM

freedomlover said:
I thought that name looked familiar - sort of. :p

I have heard of Alan Oken. Still not familiar with him, but I have heard the name a few times. I bet it's a typo. After all "l" is right beside "k" on the keyboard - and Mercury IS retrograde!

oh................ well EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!

yes I think it is alan o"K"en I will sign out the book again. Its a very interestong read it talked about the aquarian age and the picean age which came before it. It talked about the various stages that the sign go through when they go from the personality centered person to the soul centered person who has achieved conciousness.

JayM

The title is "Soul Centered Astrology" his name is not in the title, for those who are looking for it.

freedomlover

JayM said:
oh................ well EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!

yes I think it is alan o"K"en I will sign out the book again. Its a very interestong read it talked about the aquarian age and the picean age which came before it. It talked about the various stages that the sign go through when they go from the personality centered person to the soul centered person who has achieved conciousness.

Hey! katydid brought it up!:D I'm definitely interested in reading it. It sounds "right up my alley".

katydid

Oh Sorry...I just wanted to clarify in case anyone wanted to google him .:eek:

I did see him in a lecture and he was very cool. He had a great take on the outer planets. I remember very well one major point that he made about Uranus transits. He said Uranus helps you find out who you REALLY are. He said the lessons you learn with Uranus are not temporary, they are meant to help uncover the vital, authentic self. Well said I thought.:uranus:

freedomlover

katydid said:
Oh Sorry...I just wanted to clarify in case anyone wanted to google him .:eek:

I did see him in a lecture and he was very cool. He had a great take on the outer planets. I remember very well one major point that he made about Uranus transits. He said Uranus helps you find out who you REALLY are. He said the lessons you learn with Uranus are not temporary, they are meant to help uncover the vital, authentic self. Well said I thought.:uranus:

It was a needed point of clarification. I, for one, was kidding around because I took it ( and I think I took it the right way) that JayM was pretending like he was upset (kidding around) - and so told him to point the finger at the one who brought it up. All in jest.:D

That is very interesting what he said about Uranus - and very fitting. I've always associated Uranus with "AHA" moments. And those "AHA" moments are the ones that change your life forever.

FL:)

JayM

Ok I signed out the book. I will explain the 1st ray of manifestation.

1st ray: The ray of will /power

Ruled by: Aires, Leo, and capricorn

Planets: vulcan and pluto (vulcan has a large role in this book)

The basic description of the first ray is similar to pluto, death, destruction, and rebirth. (It says that people with this ray have a yod in their chart, and the sextiling planets have the ability to be the regenerating, reorganising part) They break down old systems and forms so that new worlds may emerge.