Lesbian and Gay couple's reading

kirlie

Hi I'm new here and I was just wondering if there was any difference in reading a lesbian or gay couple's chart from reading a straight couple's charts. I guess my main question is about Mar and Venus. The woman I am starting see and I have Venus in conjuntion in Pisces. My Venus is sextile her Mars. But her Venus is square my Mars. Also, our Mars' are sextile.

The rest of our charts I think would be pretty much the same as any other couples. But I was wondering how Mars/Venus worked in a same-sex couples' chart reading.

Attachments

• Dauna.gif
    Dauna.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 60
  • terry.gif
    terry.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:

rahu

Banned
hi
i don't distinquish the mars/venus functions in a gay/lesbian chart as these symbols represent love nad human interaction.
i do find that lesbian charts tend to have a strong uranus characteric and male gays tend to have a neptune influence.these are of course general statements as pluto and chiron are also often prominent in gay/lesbians charts in addition to the former planets.

but i did look at your composite chart with your lover.urnaus is opposed to the venus/mars midpoint and vensu is semisquare to mars.this shows the emotional/physical attraction thoug it does suggest that minor irritations can arise .
the venus/urnaus midpoint is square to the sun.this adds the magnetic attrraction you feel for each other,but it also cautions that the intense feelings can sometimes be unstable and quickly subside.
with th ejupiter/juno midpoint conjunct eros and square to lilth,there is a strong feeling that this relationship will be steady ,it seems this was a mutual feeling when you met each other.there is a venus/mercury conjuction with hightlights the love you feel and also indicates that your relationship has excellent communication and laughter and joy are inherent in your interactions.
but neptune is square venus/mercury and opposed to saturn.though this indicates you ar eboth very creative and artist, it can also indicate that inspite of your love ,there will be issues with fidelity and it can show htat there will be misrepresentation or deception inthe relationship.
rahu

waybread

Kirlie, welcome to the Forum! I hope you will introduce yourself on the newcomers' board.

Some astrologers believe that same-sex orientations can be gleaned from a birth charts. Other astrologers say that this isn't possible--and some of them have decades of experiences reading charts for gay and lesbian clients.

World War III nearly breaks out on astrology forums over this question, oftentimes for fear that homophobic people might pinpoint a "gay signature" in a chart. And then gay members themselves sometimes confound the opinions by not having the supposed signatures in their own charts.

So I think the key is to look at the charts of two human beings who care about one another.

I would read gay and lesbian charts and their synastry the same way that I would read hetero charts. With just two exceptions. In a heterosexual woman's chart, Mars (and perhaps the sun) supposedly indicate the kind of man she finds attractive. In a heterosexual man's chart, Venus supposedly indicates the type of woman to whom he is attracted. In the charts of gay and lesbian people, I think you would still key into Mars and Venus as indicators of sexual attraction; but be prepared to read them a bit more widely; as they may have alternative expressions.

T and D have sextiled moons, which gives a great feeling of two people feeling "at home" with one another.

kirlie

Rahu and Waybread,
Thank you for your responses. Rahu, you are correct in saying that we are both fairly creative people. She is very musical and I use quite a bit of creativity in my job. Together we seem to spur on each others' imagination. I'm hoping that infedility is not going to be an issue and I have a slightly different take on her neptune being in opposition to my saturn. She has very big dreams for us and I have very big hang ups about relationship responsibilities because of a previous relationship. She seems to idealize my previous relationship and the level of commitment I had in it. In that relationship my ex and I were legally and financially very intertwined. Once the relationship ended I found that without the protection of the law, it is almost impossible to get untangled. So, I am not sure I want to do that again. It kind of made a big mess the last time. Her neptune square my mercury makes communicating about these hang ups very difficult. I have a very hard time telling her about my hesitancy and when I do she doesn't seem to understand what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Welcome to AW,

It would have been much easier if you posted the bi wheel synastry chart from astro with degress/house cusps.

Have you noticed N Node pisces is conj the others MC? I find nodes and vertex rather important in synastry.

I would expect the Gemini Asc to be rather reserved and shy with Saturn conj Asc. So around age 4 using solar arcs SA Asc conj Saturn suggests father or one parent being strict, aloof, disappearing, distant even poss came out of work? Age 3 poss family relocation? and this goes along with SA Jupiter conj MC, travel poss another town?

Gemini person's Pluto in libra conj Asc of Libra rising suggesting a deep and transformational affect but also issues to do with controlling quite possible.

EJ53

Banned
kirlie said:
...I was wondering how Mars/Venus worked in a same-sex couples' chart reading.

Hi Kirlie.......welcom to the forum.

I also think that Venus/Mars work no differently in same-sex relationships than in heterosexual relationships.......So a Venus/Mars square indicates immediate sexual attraction, but other factors are needed to sustain a long-term relationship.

With the two of you though, Mars is particularly significant.......She has Aries on 7th house cusp and Mars in Aries/7th, so desires a partner with Mars qualities (ie. your Mars in Gemini/12th on the Ascendant).......You have Sagittarius on the 7th house cusp and Jupiter on MC, so desire a Jupiterian partner (and her Jupiter exactly trines yours)..........So, the sexual attraction itself is likely to be long-term.

Personally, I think these contacts alone could keep the two of you together indefinitely..........but, when you add in the very feminine Pisces Venus which each of you have, it seems you are "meant for each other".

But, work hard to get her to understand your hang-ups.........this is too good a partnership to put at risk because of baggage from a previous relationship, and her Pisces North Node really does require her to "be as one" with you.

Best wishes to you both for the future.

EJ:happy:

Last edited:

kirlie

composite chart.jpg

double chart.jpg

Thanks for your input! As astrologer50 suggested I included a bi wheel synastry chart. I also included a composite chart.

I would expect the Gemini Asc to be rather reserved and shy with Saturn conj Asc. So around age 4 using solar arcs SA Asc conj Saturn suggests father or one parent being strict, aloof, disappearing, distant even poss came out of work? Age 3 poss family relocation? and this goes along with SA Jupiter conj MC, travel poss another town?

Lol, this part is a little scary. I'm the Gem. Asc. and I can be rather reserved and shy at times. My parents divorced when I was around a year old and my father was not really around. My mom and I moved to another state shortly after. So you were almost dead on, just off by a couple of years.

EJ53, thanks for your encouragement.

With the two of you though, Mars is particularly significant.......She has Aries on 7th house cusp and Mars in Aries/7th, so desires a partner with Mars qualities (ie. your Mars in Gemini/12th on the Ascendant).......You have Sagittarius on the 7th house cusp and Jupiter on MC, so desire a Jupiterian partner (and her Jupiter exactly trines yours)..........So, the sexual attraction itself is likely to be long-term.

Personally, I think these contacts alone could keep the two of you together indefinitely..........but, when you add in the very feminine Pisces Venus which each of you have, it seems you are "meant for each other".

We do seem to have alot going on in our charts. And it seems to have a very Pisces influence to it. It really is a very "dreamy" relationship.

Her Sun, Venus, and North Node are all Pisces.
My Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter are all Pisces.
In our composite chart, sun, venus, and mercury are all in Pisces.

It's interesting that you brought up her North Node being conjunct my MC. Because my North Node is in the same sign as her moon. I don't think they are quite conjunct though. And her MC is in my first house. I'm not sure what that means though. It seems like it would be significant. There are alot of other things going on in our charts too. One thing that I noticed is that we do have alot supporting good communication. And we really can talk to each other for hours about big and little things.
My mercury is conjunct her venus and in the same sign (not quite conjunct) her as her sun. It's also trine her neptune.
Her mercury is sextile my sun, north node, and chiron (healing words). Her mercury is trine my moon, mars, saturn and uranus. And her mercury is conjunct my venus.

you said,
"Lol, this part is a little scary. I'm the Gem. Asc. and I can be rather reserved and shy at times. My parents divorced when I was around a year old and my father was not really around. My mom and I moved to another state shortly after. So you were almost dead on, just off by a couple of years."

It's not me that's off :biggrin: it's your time 1' =4minutes in real time, so that could be 2'= 8minutes earlier

EJ53

Banned
Kirlie said:
It's interesting that you brought up her North Node being conjunct my MC. Because my North Node is in the same sign as her moon. I don't think they are quite conjunct though. And her MC is in my first house. I'm not sure what that means though. It seems like it would be significant.

Her MC is on the cusp of your 2nd house, trine and qcx respectively to your Mercury in Pisces/10th and North Node in Sagittarius/6th......So she can help "outsiders" to value your ideas (particularly with her Venus also conjoining your Mercury).......and those ideas can help her career financially.

Your North Node/Mars opposition squares her Venus (and your Mercury)........Through you, she will learn to love unconditionally (thus achieving the objective of her North Node).......Through her, you will learn altruism........Through the relationship, you will both develop spiritually (becoming "better people" for having known each other)......but, I'd expect some friction along the way.

EJ:happy:

kirlie

So I was looking at our composite chart last night. I noticed that in our 10th house we have Mars in Taurus conjunct with Saturn in Gemini and in opposition to our Sag. Neptune. This sounds very heavy. But I also know that I have NO earth or fixed signs in my chart. My GF has very few. She has Saturn in Taurus and Pluto in Virgo and that's it for earth. She has a few fixed signs, but she is mostly Cardial and Mutable. So, is this configuration our "anchor"? Mars in Taurus conjuct Saturn in the 10th sounds very grounding. There seems to be a heavy focus on career, mostly mine. She seems facinated by what I do and is extremely supportive and encouraging. I wonder if this means that together we are more grounded than we are seperately and are going to be able to achieve more in the world because of it.

Last edited:

sethi

Hello

Sorry I couldn't send you a private reply . I could not see the link for it or maybe I didn't look hard enough.

In usual / local astrology the 7th house usually shows the partner. I take this as being the partner of the opposite sex, and not the same sex.

But if the question is about partner of the same gender, then frankly I am sorry, but I don't know how to see this point. You could call me uneducated, but this is the truth.

Also I am totally uninterested in trying to determine the preferences of other people where sex is concerned, horoscope wise. I was just reading a thread where people were discussing how different stars positions would indicate the preference of a person, but again this does not interest me at all.
If you have any other question other than the above , or related to the above , I will then look at your chart.

I hope I have made myself clear. No hard feelings please.
Thanks for your confidence in me.
Bye for now

progress.gif

________
WEED VAPORIZER

Last edited: