How dangerous are the eclipses?

Rusalka

Hi!

I had an old astrologer as a teacher in astrology seminar many years ago and he told us that the eclipses of moon and the sun directly on natal planets can have fatal effects, even death. So I never forgot his words.. Now I will soon have a moon eclipse right over my natal sun and few weeks later an eclipse of the sun over my natal Mercury. I can't help myself, but I'm kinda scared that something really bad is gonna happen to me..
Are you also sharing the opinion of this astrologer? I need some more positive views on this topic, I'm anyway tending to think negative too soon...
Thank you and greetings from Germany!

JUPITERASC

Hi!

I had an old astrologer as a teacher in astrology seminar many years ago and he told us that the eclipses of moon and the sun directly on natal planets can have fatal effects, even death. So I never forgot his words.. Now I will soon have a moon eclipse right over my natal sun and few weeks later an eclipse of the sun over my natal Mercury. I can't help myself, but I'm kinda scared that something really bad is gonna happen to me..
Are you also sharing the opinion of this astrologer? I need some more positive views on this topic, I'm anyway tending to think negative too soon...
Hi Rusalka JMO your old astrology teacher is correct IT IS POSSIBLE that eclipses directly on natal planets MAY have negative - even fatal effects.

HOWEVER the effect of the eclipse varies, dependent on the individual natal chart planetary placements BECAUSE Angles ASC/DESC/IC/MC are a variable factor from chart to chart. So generalization is not encouraged :smile:

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous' but they are certainly linked with change such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes.... I have read several threads from members on this forum who have mentioned the effects of eclipses on their lives. An eclipse - whether solar or lunar - does not necessarily affect everyone, only those whose natal charts are connected to it by aspect to their natal planets/ASC/DESC/IC/MC.

According to a book
"Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually. When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth. By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California, which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York, we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path.

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life, whether you go there or not. People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you. If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

the video link homes in on
mundane matters illustrated in the book

The natal part of the book explains that the "birth eclipse" is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after - usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

An eclipse can link two places together.

There are eclipses that activate other eclipses, from decades earlier.

Events that happen on or around an eclipse can have fateful outcomes when activated by later eclipses

Every 18 years or so, eclipses repeat, which can have significant impact.

All of which is to say that a solar eclipse remains a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries.

Far longer than anyone had previously thought.

"This book will revolutionize the study of eclipses"
Cycles Research. http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html :smile:

JUPITERASC

....Now I will soon have a moon eclipse right over my natal sun and few weeks later an eclipse of the sun over my natal Mercury....
The next full moon lunar eclipse is due on 18 December 2013 at 25 Tropical Aries 45

followed by

a Solar eclipse on 3 November 2013 at 11 Tropical Scorpio16

With this information then Rusalka, and without having viewed your natal chart
it seems to me then that
your natal Sun is most likely somewhere around 25 Libra 45
and your natal Mercury at or near 11 Tropical Scorpio
:smile:

JUPITERASC

Yes, exactly :)
My advice is to keep calm Rusalka, because the moon returns to the same degree on a certain date every 19 years
on the Metonic Cycle of the Moon
:smile:

So if you have not noticed anything extraordinary happening when there was a full moon lunar eclipse on your natal sun in the past
then perhaps nothing much is likely to occur this time either

- although Moon may return to the same sign earlier than that e.g. on another cycle. The moon has several cycles.

Previously, according to my ephemeris
the most recent occasion on which there was a full moon lunar eclipse on degree area of 24 Tropical Aries
was on 17 October 2005

Previous to that there was a full moon lunar eclipse on same degree area of 24 Tropical Aries on 17 October 1986

AFTER the upcoming eclipse due on 18 October 2013 the next time the Moon shall be eclipsed on degree of
24 Tropical Ariesis not until 18 October 2032

Rusalka, a good idea is for you t remember any unusual or unexpected events that occurred around
17 October 2005

AND

around 17 October 1986

Review the locations of other transiting planets at that time, to get an indication of the kinds of effects of this particular lunar eclipse as it relates to your natal chart in particular

any Ephemeris verifies location of the Moon on any given date such as for example this 6000 year Ephemeris
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

METONIC CYCLE EXPLANATION
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonic_cycle

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi!

You would be wise to listen to JUPITERASC. Keep calm, and here is a list to help you discover when any eclipses occurred on or near your natal planets.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/eclipsessolarlunar.html

**Please note that I only post this list because it is easy to read, not because I advocate the information presented on this website completely.**

I've an interesting natal chart re eclipses. In the year that I was born (1969) there were 5 eclipses, and every single one of them occurred within two degrees of a natal planet or important point in my chart...4 of them after the fact. My syzygy (prenatal lunation) was an eclipse, and I was born just bare hours before an eclipse. My natal ASC, Venus, and Sun are all at eclipse points that occurred in utero.

Since then, because of the Metonic cycle of the Moon, I've had several planets hit by eclipses. I'm still alive. :smile:

Celeste Teal specializes in the MOON, and has written a great deal about it. Her book on Eclipses is the best available

She may specialize in the Moon, but private emails with her a few years ago about the, shall we say curiosity? of so many planets and points being affected by eclipses netted me the answer that it really didn't matter, since she only concerns herself, as most modern astrologers (note, this is not a dig, so don't take it that way) do with the prenatal eclipse. I found that answer...lacking.

dr. farr

The potential influence of an eclipse upon any given individual is entirely dependent upon the susceptibility of that individual as shown in their natal chart, coupled with the currently active Solar Return situation of that person at the time of the eclipse (possibly also modified by the progressed and/or directed condition of the natal chart indicators at the time of the eclipse)

poyi

Premium Member
Hi!

Let me tell you what, as what he said was very true BUT based on the individual chart. I had Solar Eclipse on 13th November last year conjunction to my natal Mercury in 3rd house. Mercury rules my Virgo Ascendant, Gemini in MC, I had accident hit by a Scooter driver between a College and an University, when I was crossing College Street at the pedestrian crossing on Green light. In natal, Mercury in Scorpio sextile Mars in Virgo, mutual reception of each other, Mars is the ruler of the 8th house. It was fatal accident cause it was a direct hit on the right side of my body. She was driving 60-70km/hr plus in a 80 zone. So my flash took that force.

The solar eclipse was powerful as it was close to my own solar return on 10th November it was returned, natal Mercury was under combustion of the Sun. So the solar eclipse was also close to my natal sun. Mercury rules my AC, DC, the whole incident was very Mercurial like do the the natal Mercury placement, aspect with Mars ruler of the 8th, Mars moving object, also rules fast vehicle. Is even more strange that natal Moon exalted Mars, it was a female driver.

3rd house in local nearby community, between two education institutions, Scooter, pedestrian crossing, traffic light, green all ruled by Mercury. My solar return and lunar return both confirmed the accident, even the transits, midpoints said so.

Always remember that ONLY when you have natal promise, solar return, lunar return, transits, progression all confirmed the same event then it will happen. If any of these chart said otherwise, it WILL NOT. Fatal incident and anything significant, ALL CHARTS will confirm the same message. No need to freak yourself out just for one Moon eclipse.

If it conjuncts your personal planet. You will have to look at the whole chart and check, check, check and double check with transit making contacts to natal charts, as well as the tightest midpoints then you can tell if it is really coming.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
But the other good possibility is depending on what that planet rules. It can mark a delightful meeting with someone important in your life. Jupiter rules Neptune, and in traditional rulership over Pisces of my DC. I met my current boyfriend just before and started dating just after Moon eclipsed on my natal Jupiter.

Rusalka

Thank you all! I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with astrology to check all those details you suggested. I only know I have a transit of Saturn over my Mercury at the same time, but progression, returns and co. are just not my level..

Rusalka

I remember also one thing- in the autumn 2005 I have started to write, with the idea of the novel, which I have published then few years later in my little home country and now it's also available on german language, with the ambition to get a translation into english..

Rusalka

It will be easier if you just post your chart as attachment with transit and progression on it.

Here they are!

Attachments

• astro_245at_01_rusalka_20131018.34010.10407.jpg
    astro_245at_01_rusalka_20131018.34010.10407.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 35

poyi

Premium Member
Hi!

I saw your natal chart in the other thread. I see why you concern about the Lunar eclipse on your Sun at IC 26 19'59" as Sun is your Ascendant ruler and tightly conjunct with IC natally which you might be thinking of End of Matter.

Then the Mercury 10 55'8" which is the ruler of your 2nd, 3rd and 11th house ruler.

One very key thing to check before you read too much into your charts that I forgot to mention previously. Is will these eclipse both lunar and solar be Visible in the place you will be at, at the time of the Eclipse taken place.

The power of these eclipse only influnece you if your charts, Natal, Solar, Lunar, Transit, Progressions TOGETHER with the physical Visibility of the eclipse at the place you are at. I believe that is the case from personal experience. If it is a FULL visible eclipse then it will be at 100% strength, if partial then is partial, if not visible in your location then just ignore it would be very minimal impact.

For example, the Solar eclipse that I had experienced last November, a total solar eclipse for the northern Australia regions, but only partially visible solar eclipse in Australia, Canberra where I was at, so as a result I had half of my body affected and managed to recover relatively well and back to work.

Here is an explanation why in Canberra Australia, can only see a partial eclipse while it was meant to be a total eclipse.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2012-november-13

"The eclipse is also visible in the areas that are shaded red, but less of the Sun's disk is obscured. The fainter the red shading the less of the Sun's disk is covered during the eclipse."

So my place, Canberra was able to see the eclipse but not completely, plus the weather was Cloudy on the day. Eclipse is energy of the Sun and Moon being "Eaten" in the ancient time by the shadow and how much the lights of these two were blocked pretty much in my understanding, the strength of effect of this eclipse to your as a person who received the energy on the earth at your location as a result.

I still have pain due to that, and it is still life changes for sure, with the scars and discomfort it came with it. However, considering the strength of the eclipse even so it was confirmed in my natal promises, along with solar return, and lunar return etc that was not enough to kill me or cause me to become disable.

For Oct 18 2013 Lunar Eclipse
http://www.moongiant.com/Lunar_Eclipse_Calendar.php

For Nov 3 2013 Solar Eclipse
http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2013-november-3

Another thing about the differences about Solar and Lunar Eclipse are different. Sun in astrology symbolizes the Soul, the vital Life force of a person, it shines itself. While Lunar is more subtle as the emotions and somehow private, inner impact, it doesn't shine itself, only reflecting the light from the Sun. So both should be read together as a pair. As they do happen in very close time frame also.

One more time, I would like to mention again:

Eclipse is not always fearful. It is all depending on what it does to your charts. It can be very positive life changing events. Such as the birth of the powerful people in the world or also the death. A sudden rise of a native, or a sudden fall. What it really does only a Marking of Change that is significant that is operated and activated by two of the most important Luminaries.

To get specific meaning of function of the Eclipse, you could check out the midpoints of your coming Solar return in October 2013 and the midpoints of that lunar return when the eclipse take place. As I said, all your charts will say the same things over and over when significant event will take place. Midpoints are easy and reliable.

I think I already gave you a lot to think and read about. I am sure other members will have different opinions and knowledge to share.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
As a very basic reading, cause I really am too lazy to do the whole lot....Hopefully other members give you some opinions.

I would say eclipse on your natal Mercury since it governs your 2rd 3rd and 11th house there will be changes regarding to those houses. Usually it would be the reversed of whatever situation of you currently having. The effect of Eclipse can be effective up to 1 year from memory of the books I read from the past.

While the one that conjunct your natal Sun, I would say something related to your self image and physical body. Venus rules your natal Sun, the best thing to have is right now Jupiter is in his exaltation while Jupiter rules your Venus in natal. Let see what Venus is at when the eclipse take place also.

Also the Sun and Mercury are both in your natal 4th house. There should be some major matter happening to your physical home or family members perhaps.

I am too sleepy can't think too well. So will go for a nap now. :sleeping:

Neptune Rising

Hi!

Absolutely not, I disagree with that astrologer's opinion. Its far too generalised for one thing. I'll give one example, I had a solar eclipse on my natal Sun a few years ago. Sun rules intercepted sign in my 8th house and is in the 2nd. Guess what, I 'won' some money when that eclipse was triggered, there was alot of other things happening in my chart which also all combined to bring me that little treat. I wouldn't consider myself too linear in my thinking, so I tend not to make broad brush stroke comments like that. I am sure that they had their reasons, but I disagree.

I agree with Dr Farr's post, there is alot more to consider than just the eclipse. The natal promise, the solar return for that year, progressions, transits... and transits to the eclipse point.

poyi

Premium Member
And the progression for the sun eclipse on 3. november 2013.

I am actually very curious about your Progressed AC conjunct Pluto and Uranus in 2nd house since it is part of the t-square with Saturn, Mars & Venus in 2nd, 5th and 8th house. I am very curious to know how these houses link to your AC physical body and self. If you don't mean talking about your health perhaps, but I guess that involves your 5th and 8th you would rather keep private.

The solar eclipse is going to touch your Mercury which is the ruler of 2nd, 3rd and 11th and Progressed MC is in 11th house Gemini. There should be a change related to your career. The Solar eclipse is not exactly very very close to your Mercury. Is about 3-4 orbs not going to be fatal. I don't believe so. It would need to be exact less than 1 orb, plus Mercury is not ruling your Ascendant. Lunar eclipse is unlikely to cause fatal event as it is more subtle as I said it does not shine itself. Lunar has more effect on your emotion and psychological level.

This close conjunction to your Mercury, perhaps some achievements or challenges. 2nd and 11th house are a lucky house, unlikely to be negative. Plus your North node is 11th and 3rd would be helpful with your writing (I think you mentioned about writing, 11th is friends and group of people, 2nd is income and possessions internal resources, value or actual materials). Also your progressed Moon in Taurus which is exalted that will be still within sextile orb with transit Jupiter in Cancer. Is a pleasant transit going on as a whole.

I am not too good with progression. I would say Progression as Background motions and Major cycle of your life. If nothing majorly negatively going on with the progressions, eclipse will only mean temporary changes for either positive or negative. However, as I said I am not too confident with progressions, I might miss some important aspects.

Hopeful someone else offer you some detail readings so you can consider more different views.