Question about house rulerships...

joannski3

Used advice for house rulerships, feedback wanted on my chart i wrote (attachment)

I have another question, and I apologize, I actually managed to figure out and predict my first horary chart though, and I was right on every note except i got the units wrong (days instead of weeks), but it felt so great!

OK, so this is the situation, any feedback is appreciated. A male friend is thinking of leaving his wife for his mistress, his question is, "should i walk away from mistress?" and "will mistress be faithful"

OK, i realize at first glance, its obvious that the mistress is a 5th house matter, but i am wondering if she could be signified in the second question about being faithful in the 7th house? because i was thinking if i erected the chart, the 5th house from the 5th house would show her lover, but, she is also currently married and having an affair with her husband. So, i would think that if something showed up in the 5th house, it would be the querent, not necessarily another man other than the querent... does that make sense?

so i guess, in the first question, "should i leave my mistress (to stay with my wife)" would i place her in 5th house

and for second question "will mistress remain faithful?" would i put her in the 7th?

Thank you and sorry for the questions, maybe i am complicating it too much for myself. i hope to learn fast so i can solve charts on here too!

it takes me about 3 hours right now to analyze something. its so hard for me to remember all the rules.

Last edited:

sskohli

Hi joan,
For the second question will the mistress be faithful, you defnitely have to place her in the 7th house, but also see the aspects to the 9th and 11th house, signifying loyalty. If you see malefic aspects or conjunction then that would mean disloyalty.
As per your first question, this has been a debate going on in this forum, i would definitely suggest the 5th house for the mistress, but some ppl here place her in the 7th house.
I guess you'll have to see for yourself(experience) whichever works best for you.
thanks
sandeep

joannski3

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with my question. And thanks for the advice about 9th and 11th houses, I hadn't thought of that! good call! I was also going to look at 4th house to see the "final outcome", but i'll double check to see if that just pertains to lawsuits and such.

I guess its a good sign that I posted a question that is debated by many astrologers...at least it means I'm thinking up the right questions! I really like horary, and this is a great site to learn from.

sskohli

Glad to be of help.
Great thing about horary is that its fast and the time is accurate, how many of us have accurate birth times.
by hust 2 minutes 5 of my planets jump from the 12th H to the 11th house.and changes everything.
So i generally rely on horary.

sandeep

riverbend

I'm just coming back to Astrology from a few years break so take this for what it's worth.

So, i would think that if something showed up in the 5th house, it would be the querent, not necessarily another man other than the querent... does that make sense?
I'm not sure - which is why I don't like the question. It seems too compound to me but I'm a beginner at this stuff - takes me six hours to read a chart ;)

If you haven't already, take a look at what Lilly has to say, Volume I page 309 begins marriage/affairs questions. Though I don't know if it would apply given IIRC most of what's written in the chapter applies to questions asked of a spouse or potential spouse - rather than of a mistress - who would be 5th according to Lilly.

I'm just not sure the question is well formed. Is he basically asking "Who should I choose?" If this is the case, I'd dig a bit and see what he's *really* asking.

If the mistress would remain faithful would the querent leave his wife without question? Is he only staying because he's got nothing better to do? If so, then wouldn't the question be simply, "Is she (mistress) trustworthy?" or something along those lines? Maybe we need to ask who she prefers? Perhaps judge by sig strength? Querent would be her 5th, husband 7th?

At least for the first part of the question, my feeling is that if the wife is not even a consideration in the querents mind, then the 7th would be the place to look given he's asking (seemingly) about a potentially committed relationship. At least then it would make the chart easier to read. Then again we can't just change the question to fit my non existing horary skills! ;)

joannski3

thanks again, for taking the time to look at my query.

The querent wants to know if his mistress would be faithful to HIM if he left his wife to stay with her. she is currently married too, i was worried if i put her in the querent's 5th, the 7th from the 5th would show up as her current partner, and the 5th from the 5th would show up as the querent...

any suggestion on how i should rephrase it then? or am i just analyzing it too much?

if i just asked what he asked, "would x remain faithful to me?" i could place her in his 7th since he's not really asking about his wife, but as you said a potential partner... now i think i should change the time of the question to 11:10 AM, because that is the time i fully understood the question, correct?

archergirl

The mistress will be the 7th house, not the 5th!! The 5th is for children and the things the querent *does* with the mistress, not the mistress herself!

IF the question involves the wife as well, the wife would either take the 7th ruler and the Moon (natural ruler of wives), and the mistress would probably take Venus (natural ruler of sweethearts). You would have to examine the chart closely to see which other planets the 1st significator were applying/separating to/from: this could also represent the mistress, but you'd have to speak to the querent to see whether the description 'fits'.

Let's not complicate the question by involving mistresses' husbands, etc., until you get the *core* of the question sorted out first, for your own sanity.:rolleyes:

I agree with Riverbend that the question needs to be examined more fully, to get the 'crux' of it; if the man is considering leaving his wife for the mistress, why then is the question 'should I walk away from the mistress' and especially 'can I trust her?'.

I also wouldn't include the 9th and 11th house significators; IMO this just muddies the water. You can describe very accurately the state of the person by the state of their significator (Saturn? Venus?), their condition (exaltation? detriment?), and the house in which that significator is placed (the dark 8th? 11th of friendship?). Don't add stuff that doesn't need to be there!

Receptions and the condition of the receptions between the main players' significators will tell you whether the mistress will play nice or not.

But again, mistresses don't belong to the 5th house, unless the mistress hasn't yet reached adulthood; in which case I'd be more inclined to ring the police than do an horary chart...;)

You need to do the chart for the time when you understood the question. Sometimes this isn't the same time that you receive the question, especially when it's a question like this, which involves, IMO, the necessity for clarification from the querent.

Good luck!
AG:)

astrobhadauria

संदीपजी,
बहुत बडे ज्योतिषी बन गये हैं,और मुझे खुशी हुई कि आपने एक सोफ़्ट्वेयर बना डाला,मुझे तो बहुत अच्छा लगा.माई आस्ट्रो की केलकुलेसन पद्धति बहुत ठीक है.और सौत को हमेशा ग्यारहवे घर से ही देखा जाता है,कांटा बुरा करील का,और बदरी की घाम,सौत बुरी है चून की और साझे को काम.पेड क लगा कान्टा,आसमान मे हल्के बादल और कभी धूप और कभी छांव,रखैल,खाने बाला चूना,साझेदारी से फ़ायदा,यह सब ग्यारहवे भाव से देखे जाते हैं

Last edited:

joannski3

Here is upload of jpeg of question. would also like to upload my interpretation...

incidentally, after i told the question, as you can see, the quesited makes an inconjunct to neputne, ruler of 4th, the final outcome. the quesited was caught actually having sex for drugs!

Attachments

• will mistress be faithful.jpg
    will mistress be faithful.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 26

joannski3

Re:my final interpretation...

here is my interpretation... can anyone help me by looking at the chart on thumbnail?

i need to ask more questions about situation.

querent already knew quesited was not faithful. he suspects she is sleeping with men for drugs. so i jotted down a few more questions. wanted feedback on my interpretation so you guys don't think i'm asking for free questions, ok?

i told him something was bad, there are lots of critical degrees and nodes are in same degree as asc. and quesited's significator.

i thought she was decieving him because of the neptune Rx, ruler of 4th hosue of outcome, but i found out he caught her with a dirty man, supposedly a drug dealer, he suspects she's sleeping with man for drugs.

i also predicted bc of quincunx of quesited to significator of querent, she will contact him again, the applying angle was 2.7, and it was also contra parallel. mercury is in cardinal sign, succedent house, supposed to mean days, so i thought on the 23rd since question asked on 20th.

moon was separating from mercury -6.0 degrees, i thought the critical situation was 6 days ago, but i guess it was 3 days ago, i was told by him the 13th... can anyone help me and go over what i did wrong or right with this interpretation? thank you.

Attachments

• Horary, will mistress be faithful.doc
    94.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

eedwards

Hi Joannski3,

I believe that we should always stick to the question as asked by the querent.

Question #1: "Should I walk away from mistress?"

This would involve the 1st house,(querent), and the 7th house, (mistress). The question, as asked, did not mention the wife and the it should not be reworded by the astrologer to fit the chart. It is basically a yes\no question.

We would look to the rulers of the 1st and 7th houses, their conditions and any planets located in them. We must look for any aspects between the rulers of the 1st\7th house and\or the Moon. No aspects between the significators generally means "no action." If there are aspects between the significators we must then look the type of aspects(s). "Positive" aspects, (e.g. trines), point to an affirmative answer and "Negative" aspects, (e.g. oppositions), confirm a negative outcome. The difficulty that many people encounter is realizing that "Positive" aspects confirm a "yes" response even in questions in which a positive outcome is not desired, (e.g. "Has my missing dog been ran over?").

Question #2: "Is she (mistress) trustworthy?"

This question is specifically about the mistress and would be easier to read by turning the chart and placing her, (7th house), on the ascendant.

I would then look to the following houses:

1st - The mistress herself.
3rd - The way that she communicates and her thought processes.
5th - What she finds joy in.
8th - What she fears or dwells upon. Her debts and dealings with
other peoples money and valuables.
11th - Who she associates with and their qualities. What she desires or
hopes for.
12th - Her secrets, sorrows and afflictions. Arrests or imprisonments.

I didn't get a chance to actually look at the chart but I did notice while
glancing through your document that you make reference to planets ruling
signs that normally rule the houses, (e.g. You referred to Jupiter ruling
Sagittarius which normally rules the 9th). This is not the correct way of
looking at the chart. You would look to the house ruling the question on
actual chart and note the sign currently residing there, it's ruling planet,
planets residing in that house and their conditions. You wouldn't go on to
say that since Sagittarius normally rules the 9th house philosphy is
involved.

I hope this helps,
Ed

joannski3

sorry, i don't know how to rate, i wanted to give you a thumbs up for your help though, thanks, i appreciate it, it was very helpful