Fame

The_Saturnian

Common amongst celebrities, but not all, is a very well established Moon placed in the 10th house. Particularly if it is closely conjunct to the MC/Fortune and/or a trine to the ascendant, in either Cancer/Taurus. This is merely a trend seen in many famous people, but this is not to say for one moment that every person with Moon in the 10th will be famous. Oddly enough it could be an indication of scientific fame. I.e. in the field of some science, and not just an ordinary celebrity or socialite.

waybread

In general look for planets conjunct the MC; ideally somehow prominent (domiciled, mutual reception, &c) or well-aspected. One of the few placements that does seem to be statistically significant is the "Mars effect", with Mars in the 9th but conjunct the MC, for athletes.

I don't think one signature works all the time. A prominent angular planet could indicate fame for one person but not for another. I think this is due to both other chart factors and cultural factors.

The_Saturnian

Though I've never come across it yet, logic leads me to believe that a good aspect and placements of Venus and Jupiter to the Ascendant/MC could also be another factor. Venus can be related to good looks, beautification and income. Whereas Jupiter is the representation of good luck and good fortune. You do need go luck to get picked up for eventual stardom. So I would look to these two factors also.

The_Saturnian

Yes, interesting Freddie Mercury had Uranus in Gemini conjunct North Node in tenth house..

Apart from aspects to both of these, the NN's presents always brings something to do with past life karma. So he may well have earned it and carried it forward into his reincarnation as Freddie Mercury. I believe he was gay and had a eccentric/unique style to his music, so Uranus' proximity to NN would make sense then.

poyi

Premium Member
From Skyscript forum:

Fixed Stars
Conjunctions of natal planets with powerful benefic fixed stars can confer fame (especially Asc and MC – remember that conjunctions with Asc and MC are very sensitive to birth times!). Parans of powerful benefic fixed stars to planets (especially personal planets i.e. luminaries, Mercury, Venus and Mars) can also confer fame. Just remember that if paran is used, the significations apply to all births o f the same day – hence, the planet that are in paran relationship with the fixed star should be located in powerful houses for the effects of the fixed star to be conspicuous.

This member had listed a total of 4 key factors of analyzing fame. To read more see below link:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4975&sid=d79827b625c2218db7e6a56cfd8d86b3

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Apart from aspects to both of these, the NN's presents always brings something to do with past life karma. So he may well have earned it and carried it forward into his reincarnation as Freddie Mercury. I believe he was gay and had a eccentric/unique style to his music, so Uranus' proximity to NN would make sense then.

As a side note, while I am not precisely sure what you meant in the bold quote, it does seem to me that NN has to do with this life, our calling, what we are intended to learn and integrate.
We might say NN is connected to past life/genetic inheritance in that it is the polarity of the SN, the SN being that which we bring into this life, what we innately know.

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

As a side note, while I am not precisely sure what you meant in the bold quote, it does seem to me that NN has to do with this life, our calling, what we are intended to learn an integrate.
We might say NN is connected to past life/genetic inheritance in that it is the polarity of the SN, the SN being that which we bring into this life, what we innately know.

A new thing learnt. I applied that principle from the application of NN from the Vedic system. I was under the impression that it was related to the past life karma and how it manifests itself/what results it bestows to the subject in the current life. But yes in essence I was referring to the NN-SN polar connectivity.