Solar eclipse square Ascendant/Descendant?

GeminiGrrl

I learned a couple of days ago that the solar eclipse on August 21 at 28 degrees Leo will square my Ascendant/Descendant axis at 0 degrees Sagittarius/0 degrees Gemini (and also my natal Neptune, for what it's worth, since Neptune is conjunct my Ascendant in the 12th House). It will also be in trine with my Sun/Mercury/Venus/Mars stellium at 29 degrees Gemini. On the one hand, solar eclipses in particular herald new beginnings -- so that sounds as if it might be a positive, especially since it will trine my Gemini stellium very closely. At the same time, the fact that this eclipse will be squaring my Ascendant/Descendant sounds a little ominous -- especially since eclipses also tend to be associated with unexpected developments and with major changes that are non-negotiable. It definitely sounds as if there's a good chance the eclipse will shake my life up in some ways, given how many planets and points are affected in my chart...but will it be for good or bad?

JUPITERASC

I learned a couple of days ago that the solar eclipse on August 21 at 28 degrees Leo will square my Ascendant/Descendant axis at 0 degrees Sagittarius/0 degrees Gemini (and also my natal Neptune, for what it's worth, since Neptune is conjunct my Ascendant in the 12th House). It will also be in trine with my Sun/Mercury/Venus/Mars stellium at 29 degrees Gemini. On the one hand, solar eclipses in particular herald new beginnings -- so that sounds as if it might be a positive, especially since it will trine my Gemini stellium very closely. At the same time, the fact that this eclipse will be squaring my Ascendant/Descendant sounds a little ominous -- especially since eclipses also tend to be associated with unexpected developments and with major changes that are non-negotiable. It definitely sounds as if there's a good chance the eclipse will shake my life up in some ways, given how many planets and points are affected in my chart...but will it be for good or bad?
ECLIPSE conjunction to a natal angle - such as ASC/DESC/MC/IC
are notable
IF conjunct within an orb of one degree :smile:
for that one requies a VERY accurate and reliable time of birth
other notable factors include conjunctions of transiting planets to natal planets
at time of eclipse