Mercury in Sagittarius with Jupter in Gemini Natal

Rawiri

Of course it's hard to say just from one signification like that.

But, generally speaking, that kind of flow (between the 1st and 7th) is going to bring significant focus to relationships or interacting with the public in a person's life, and normally they have an innate ability to connect well with people that will be able to help them get ahead, or with the public (in the case of a public figure of some sort). This can be somewhat contradicted though, depending on the different planetary influences etc. But there should be some underlying ability to achieve that even with the planets afflicted in some manner.

In the case of those specific planets, well having that means the person has two benefics on the angles, which is nice. Mercury is good in the first and will help strengthen and bring balance to the body. Jupiter in the 7th can be a bit problematic, though has his good parts. He will influence the 7th house things in the person's life for the better, often bringing more gracious and Jupiterian people. That can be money, manners - also is good for devotion of the partner.

Also good for being able to see good things in the world and have skill in getting them (this particularly because of being in the sign of Mercury). However, can cause issues with actually seeing goodness inside themselves and connecting with the joy in them (in this case, both due to being in Mercury's sign and the 7th). It basically creates a more external focus for Jupiter, whereas he is better focused "internally."

Jupiter in the 7th also can at times cause destruction of things in a person's life.

It all depends on what else is going on in the chart.

Last edited:

katydid

Also, Mercury opposed Jupiter is a very significant aspect.

Rudhyar wrote about Jupiter being the higher octave of mercury. and that they were a cosmic duo which combine to create 'the intellect.'

"Then tribal religion is superseded by universal religion. Jupiter becomes the truly expansive power which sends men upon the quest for a universal — and at the same time a "personal" because immanent — God; or else upon the quest for gold, wealth, and markets ever expanding. Jupiter, the tribal High Priest, becomes then the conquistador and the imperialist, the colonizer and builder of empire. Mercury follows the lead, for he weaves patterns of relationship as Jupiter bids him do so.

Jupiter is first the power of organization of functions; then the power of expansion and assimilation. Therefore Mercury, being the servant or messenger of Jupiter, is first the power of organic inter-relationship, which means the power to receive impressions or sensations and to transmit them through the entire organism by means of the afferent and efferent nerves. At a later stage of evolution, Mercury becomes the power of thought-association and generalization; the substance of the activity of the mind. Through the agency of the mind, man expands his range of activity..."

So Mercury is seen as the 'servant or messenger' of Jupiter. They are a team.

When you see them in opposition, they can be enhanced or debilitated. Or a bit of both..:sideways:

I have Mercury exactly opposed my Jupiter in Taurus. The opposition is angular, on the Asc/Desc axis. So I have thought a lot about the meaning of Mercury/Jupiter oppositions.

I think that having this opposition in Gemini/Sag is a positive thing. It creates a nice mutual reception and it places the planetary duo in home field advantage.

When this opposition is working well, and being productive, the native will exhibit sound common sense, the optimum in skills of perception and communication, and exude optimism and faith that can inspire and uplift others. :innocent:

There may be an amazing ability to take the most lofty of higher educational /spiritual concepts and documents and be able to reduce them to their simplest , most basic precepts and communicate them to friends/neighbors and the community. A great teacher/orator/mentor.

But when this opposition is not working effectively, problems may occur. Mercury can be overwhelmed by facts/data/info that brings confusion, overload.

Mercury is met with the task of organizing, processing, communicating, disseminating the information coming from Jupiter. If it cannot keep up, there can be anxiety, disorganization, shutdown in system.

Sometimes people with Mercury opposed Jupiter take shortcuts, get sloppy, exaggerate, but they do tell a good story...:innocent:

Libra Art

I have a friend/girl that's claims she wants to be with me, but she can be very cold at times. I was wondering if she was trying to fool me into being with her. It's been constant pressure coming from her for me to settle down with her. She don't act nice how she did in the beginning. She claim she was very mean coming up. But had a lot of counseling, and she is ok now. She been married for twenty years just got a divorce. Start talking to me, took a liking and trying to claim me. Don't matter now. I stop talking to her.

Last edited:

Libra Art

astro_61gw_02_01_her_libra_art_hp.49133.15194.gif