Jupiter square north node

angelic moon

I have come across this aspect in a few charts lately. Does anyone have this aspect. How will this aspect impact someone ? Jupiter is expansion, organization, life path, so I feel this is around encountering experiences that push towards growth. This could be something unresolved from the past or a lesson to learn so I am feeling lessons of growth and expansion.
How would you interpret this ?

Lin

This question is way too general. Show a chart.

When Jupiter is square the N. Node it is also square the S. Node.

So other aspects (to and from Jupiter) have to be assessed.
LIN

katydid

I have a tight square from my Jupiter in Taurus to my nodes in Leo/Aquarius.

It is a little hard for me to isolate the aspect because Pluto conjuncts the South Node and Mercury makes it all grand square from Scorpio. :sideways:

Jupiter conjuncts my Asc and squares North Node in Aquarius in the 10th. I feel that this square had an impact upon my decision to become an astrologer when I was in my early 20's. I had my heart set upon an Aquarian type of career for as long as I can remember. Even though I have a Cap Moon and Taurus rising, I focused upon Metaphysics as my dream job. lol

I think the Jupiter squaring my North Node/10th/in Aquarius gave me the strong desire to do something risky, out of the box, and unexpected for my career. Becoming an Astrologer in the late 70's was kind of an unusual career choice at the time.

The South Node conjunct Pluto in the 4th was a deeper, more emotional drive that spurred me on in spite of inner fears and doubts. And in spite of a lot of push back from my disapproving family...

The Mercury in Scorpio conjunct the Descendant allowed me to slowly, methodically build a business, one by one, client by client, and bit by bit. I think the Jupiter allowed me to trust and have faith, even if it was risky and unstable at times. I taught classes, worked out of Metaphysical Book Stores, did charts by mail on tape, etc etc.

I felt like it was my Dharma, my path and it was my true calling. So the Jupiter in the 12th, squaring the Nodes/Pluto and opposing the Mercury gave me the inner strength/vision/belief that I was on the right path, no matter how unusual, impractical and financially unstable it felt at times.

angelic moon

Hi Kaytdid,

Thank you for the response. It does make sense. I find that from the few charts I have looked at, this aspect somehow renders an individual the ability to carry out their life purpose by slowing them down in some way, so they can have more growth and meaning in their purpose.
The one chart I am looking at currently has Jupiter in Aquarius(4th house ) squaring North node in Taurus( 7th house ). I feel Jupiter squaring the taurus/scorpio nodal axis here is making dynamic changes at home, living arrangements and personal relationships, family offering a solid background for striking a balance between the nodal axis. Finding more stability, a home life etc despite experiencing changes through personal transformation.
I feel Jupiter squaring the North node in Taurus ( 7th house ) is the challenge of finding peace, comfort, money, home life etc despite the need for expansion, spiritual growth. So this is slowing down and offering more solidity in the materialistic sphere of life, rather than just the spiritual. Having a unique sense of understanding of the world, and that being furthered by maintaining having a relationship that slows down and might offer a newer understanding of freedom in the world.
Pluto in scorpio also squaring Jupiter, I feel this is again around having a solid footing in the world for needs of personal growth. Being the one who fits in perfectly with the rest, despite unconventional ideas and thinking out of the box, need for co operation with others.
I feel someone who's life's path is slowed down my these aspects( Jupiter square north node ) so they can share what they have with others. Personal growth more through co operation, routine work etc and by being more grounded. I feel the need for survival and transformation is being given a home here with north node is Taurus in seventh house , possibly by also having a family.
This is a person who moved out of home when he was 17 traveled to a foreign country, established a successful business there and even married a foreigner.
I usually find this aspect has immense opportunity for growth, and sometimes might either be slowing down so one could be more grounded because their purpose is bigger than an average individual. To align with the expansive nature of Jupiter meeting some sort of structure( in the case of this chart north node in Taurus ) so as to impart share their own knowledge, ideas etc with others and live out their purpose and have a platform to express what they are intended to do in this lifetime.

Here's the chart of the person I am looking at.
https://astro-charts.com/tools/birt...Bengal,+India&date=1985-9-2+8-17&timeRadio=am

Thank you for your response again Katydid.

Last edited:

ablindplacebo

I have jupiter in capricorn square 3rd house libra north node, I do feel like my life has slowed down im graduating college soon so I have yet to see how it'll play out in the "real world"~ any suggestions on how it may have affected me knowing my north node sign?

katydid

I have jupiter in capricorn square 3rd house libra north node, I do feel like my life has slowed down im graduating college soon so I have yet to see how it'll play out in the "real world"~ any suggestions on how it may have affected me knowing my north node sign?

With Jupiter in Cap, [possibly in the 6th?], the challenge is to follow the 3rd house dharma of learning to relate closely to others,-- to keep communication open freely among friends, siblings, neighbors, so as not to isolate yourself with work, chores, worries.

The challenge is to keep your mind open to new ideas, new ventures, new friendships, and not get in a Capricornian rut. When you are done with college you have to be open to new horizons, new routines and new ways of doing things---but in your own neighborhood among your own circle of friends.

The 3rd house is one's neighborhood,acquaintances, neighbors, siblings, shop keepers, local hangouts. So having the North Node there can be tough, because in some ways, your 'journey' is measured in staying intimately close with one's immediate environment.

Never forget who you are or where you came from. Whatever you learned in college needs to be shared with one's friends and neighbors and used to better your hometown.

Your mind is your dharma/journey and freely sharing ideas with those who need you.

Last edited:

ablindplacebo

With Jupiter in Cap, [possibly in the 6th?], the challenge is to follow the 3rd house dharma of learning to relate closely to others,-- to keep communication open freely among friends, siblings, neighbors, so as not to isolate yourself with work, chores, worries.

The challenge is to keep your mind open to new ideas, new ventures, new friendships, and not get in a Capricornian rut. When you are done with college you have to be open to new horizons, new routines and new ways of doing things---but in your own neighborhood among your own circle of friends.

The 3rd house is one's neighborhood,acquaintances, neighbors, siblings, shop keepers, local hangouts. So having the North Node there can be tough, because in some ways, your 'journey' is measured in staying intimately close with one's immediate environment.

Never forget who you are or where you came from. Whatever you learned in college needs to be shared with one's friends and neighbors and used to better your hometown.

Your mind is your dharma/journey and freely sharing ideas with those who need you.

Yup my Cap Jupiter in 6H is squaring the Libra 3H North Node. I guess I interpret this aspect moreso with Jupiter's beliefs and optimism clashing with one's life purpose, maybe people with this aspect feel the same as me in terms of lacking faith in one's dreams. I want to go into acting, and the central hub for the entertainment business is Hollywood, so there definitely may be an issue with being extremely connected to my hometown. However, I do plan on being bi-coastal so there I won't entirely leave my place of origin.

I can see what you said about not forgetting my roots, I think it would be easy for me to enjoy my "new" life if that were to happen and complete the karma associated with 3H (home, and my brother).

My chart as a whole especially with virgo and capricorn energies, is screaming at me to basically stop the endless preparation and planning && just do it!