Saturn in 12th house

JUPITERASC

Another thing I've noticed with Saturn in 12th, especially with Neptune squaring both Mercury and Saturn
is that alcohol is BAAAAAD
:pinched:

I have to abstain completely from it...
It seems to induce some kind of weird psychosis in me.
Anyone else experience this? In yourself
or others with similar placements?
No kidding.... Siriusly :smile:

ALCOHOL is socially acceptable
and freely available
therefore a common source of multiple disaster

ALCOHOL is an addictive drug with serious withdrawal symptoms

alcohol-withdrawal.png.pagespeed.ce.MEr8U7bq9o.png

Screen-Shot-2015-01-02-at-3.14.06-PM.png

4c3ef6939a3bc2810c33af294366cbd9.jpg

StillOne

I have Saturn in the 12th. I haven't been posting much but felt like commenting here after reading a new book that I got. The book is "The Astrologers Handbook" by Sakoian & Acker. This book was actually recommended, in a round about way, by another forum member (Piercethevale).

So far I'm impressed with the book. It's easily one that I will keep amongst my, now, rather extensive library of astrological texts. The interpretations I've read, thus far, have been highly accurate, comparatively speaking.

When I first read the op in this thread I was a bit reluctant to comment fully as there's quite a few Saturn in the 12th threads already... and why keep commenting anew? However, after reading the interpretation in this new book and reflecting on it I figured I would include this information.

Copy this asap since mods will likely delete the information due to forum rules.

Saturn in the 12th house indicates that much time will be spent in seclusion or working behind the scenes in such large institutions as hospitals, universities, corporations, and government agencies. Work may be carried out in psychology or in charitable institutions. This position makes it hard to obtain recognition, unless Saturn makes favorable aspects to the Tenth House or to the ruler of that house.

Saturn afflicted in the Twelfth House means loneliness and depression. If it's badly afflicted, there can be mental illness and confinement in hospitals, prisons, or other places of detention. An afflicted Saturn here often gives secret enemies who contribute to the native's downfall. However, in many cases these enemies are more imaginary than real.

People with this position need to get away from their own psychological problems by serving others and by energizing themselves in practical, constructive work.

Saturn joys? My ***... :pinched:

JUPITERASC

I have Saturn in the 12th. I haven't been posting much but felt like commenting here after reading a new book that I got. The book is "The Astrologers Handbook" by Sakoian & Acker. This book was actually recommended, in a round about way, by another forum member (Piercethevale).

So far I'm impressed with the book. It's easily one that I will keep amongst my, now, rather extensive library of astrological texts. The interpretations I've read, thus far, have been highly accurate, comparatively speaking.

When I first read the op in this thread I was a bit reluctant to comment fully as there's quite a few Saturn in the 12th threads already... and why keep commenting anew? However, after reading the interpretation in this new book and reflecting on it I figured I would include this information.

Copy this asap since mods will likely delete the information due to forum rules.
Quote:
Saturn in the 12th house indicates that much time will be spent in seclusion or working behind the scenes in such large institutions as hospitals, universities, corporations, and government agencies. Work may be carried out in psychology or in charitable institutions. This position makes it hard to obtain recognition, unless Saturn makes favorable aspects to the Tenth House or to the ruler of that house.

Saturn afflicted in the Twelfth House means loneliness and depression. If it's badly afflicted, there can be mental illness and confinement in hospitals, prisons, or other places of detention. An afflicted Saturn here often gives secret enemies who contribute to the native's downfall. However, in many cases these enemies are more imaginary than real.

People with this position need to get away from their own psychological problems by serving others and by energizing themselves in practical, constructive work.

Nothing new under the sun :smile:

The 12th house represents matters that are hidden, restrained, secret
incapable of action or of being fully understood.
Traditionally it is a wholly unfortunate house, associated with sad events
sorrow, anguish of mind, tribulation, captivity, imprisonment
persecution, hard labour, all manner of affliction and self-undoing.
It represents places that are denied access to public view
particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style
such as institutions or prisons HOUSES TEMPLES OF THE SKY by Deborah Houlding

Many sources attribute monasteries to the 12th house as places of isolation
but otherwise monks and nuns belong to the 9th house
which represents religious concerns.

12th House has rulership over scandals generally
personal fears and skeletons in the family closet.
12th House significations include secret, unknown enemies
such men as maliciously undermine their neighbours
or inform secretly against them: traitors, spies
weakness, infirmity and bondage
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

JUPITERASC

I wouldn't blame this all on Saturn in the 12th!

There's many forces at work here
and

it takes the whole natal chart to piece it all together.

For example you have Moon in the 8th opposing Mars.
Also Mercury square Neptune.
These other energies will have an impact on this as well!
:ninja:
Quite :smile:

and yet
Moon travels fast
visiting each SIGN for two and a half days moonthly aka monthly

and therefore Moon opposes Mars once every month

furthermore
Mercury
requires only 88 days to orbit the sun once
and so orbits the Sun slightly over four times per year
visiting EACH SIGN four times per year

therefore Mercury squares not only Neptune eight times per year, minimum
but also every other planet eight times yearly as well

so these two aspects are common
the variation is in which SIGN the aspect is located
Hi StillOne :smile:

Yes you are absolutely right!

I'm trying to synthesize this Saturn stuff with the rest of the chart.

That Mercury square Neptune
(with Neptune also squaring Saturn)
can be a bit of a bugger

...Clouding my thinking and making it difficult to see myself clearly...
To be realistic then
even if considering solely ONLY those who have Mercury square Neptune
it seems that three quarters plus of the world population
"are clouded with their thinking
finding it difficult to see themselves clearly"

curiouser and curiouser

AtomsInPlace

Thank you StillOne :happy:

I'm glad you commented...

As far as I can see my Saturn isn't particularily afflicted, yet I can totally relate to the feelings of loneliness and depression...It's seems that no matter where I am or who I'm with, I kinda feel "out of place"...

Also this sense of "foreboding", ever since I was a child...Tho with a 1st house Sun and Mercury conjunct the ascendant, people never really catch on to the pain that is sometmes simmering beneath the surface.

Woe is me :tongue:

I do find that people seem to seek me out if they need advice or are hurting, so that way I do get to distract myself from my own stuff...

Yeah, Saturn can take his "joy" and shove it where the Sun don't shine..

Oh wait, he already did!
XUXktR.jpg

How do you deal with it if you don't mind me asking?

Does anyone have Saturn in 12th natally?

How does this effect your personality? Do you find yourself to be very reserved? Depressed? Anxious? Guilty? Despite any other more outgoing placements/aspects?

Do you feel like your life is a perpetual dark night of the soul? Like you can't quite reach that mystical experience you might yearn for?

I would love to hear experiences from anybody who has this placement, plus any others aspects/placement that might modify how you experience it.

My ex boyfriend had this placement and he certainly did not have an easy life in terms of how he felt about it. I would say that a "dark night of the soul" would aptly describe this placement. I would also add that he was also very reckless with his life because he felt the heaviness of it so intensely so be careful to not be reckless with yours.

Remember that your Saturn in the 12th house is a natural tendency towards that feeling but once you are aware of it you can consciously work to change that energy into something more productive for your soul.

wishfish

Hello~ (my Aries Saturn/Venus in Natal 12th house) my achilles heel, still working on it!
I wanted to start a thread about inherited traits and family dynamics through astrology if there isn't one already. As this relates to this thread: how many of you with Saturn in 12 were raised by single moms or had fathers who were unavailable or left when you were young? I think this is a common theme. And it ties in with addictions and karma and holding yourself back in general.
I share certain points in my chart with my mother and with my own children with varying planets involved (for ex: their 12th house Saturn is conjunct my NN/chiron).
the Saturn in 12 is often inherited according to Erin Sullivan who wrote two great books about family and about Saturn.
Moon is also a heritable point (by house and sign).

waybread

How does this effect your personality? Do you find yourself to be very reserved? Depressed? Anxious? Guilty? Despite any other more outgoing placements/aspects?

Do you feel like your life is a perpetual dark night of the soul? Like you can't quite reach that mystical experience you might yearn for?

I would love to hear experiences from anybody who has this placement, plus any others aspects/placement that might modify how you experience it.

I have Saturn in Virgo the 12th house in quadrant house systems, although it moves into the first house in whole signs houses. Saturn retrograde opposes my sun-- out-of-sign natally but in-sign by progression.

I have a different take on this whole issue. I should note that I'm a senior, so I'm looking back on my life experience here.

Saturn is our wisest planetary teacher. His lessons aren't a lot of fun-- but they are very real. Patience. Hard work. Deferred gratification. Recognizing that 2+2=4, no matter how badly we might hope that 2+2 could equal 5.

The 12th house does deal with seclusion of different sorts. So it behooves us to make friends with ourselves when we find ourselves in a solo state. What are the gifts of solitude?

Happiness is a choice. Regardless of our personal circumstances. We can work towards being happy; as in, if you know something that makes you happy, plan how you can incorporate more of it in your life. Baby steps towards wished-for happiness are fine. Since we're talking Saturn in the 12th, it's probably best if you start with things consistent with that house. More importantly find happiness in the small things of daily life where you are now.

Life has its ups and downs. I've had times of friends, no friends, some friends, no friends, lots of friends, and so on. Time of high anxiety, times of low anxiety. Again, Saturn teaches patience and reality.

A book I highly recommend for unhappy Saturnians is Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now.

And look: everybody's got Saturn somewhere.

Wrt2lv

I'm just chiming in to say I have natal Saturn on the 12th house cusp (technically in 11th house but 1 degree from 12th house) and have always felt similar to the OP's description.

"Dark night of the soul" indeed, is very apt!!

The sensations and feelings have become less over time as Saturn has progressed into my 10th house now but that natal influence I don't think will ever really go away.

Always been guarded/reserved, anxious/depressed. Moreso when younger. Last few years have come out of my shell a lot socially and becoming less depressed (therapy helps) but the reservedness/guardedness, I don't think will ever completely go away.

I have to say I totally agree with waybread here. For me, most of my life till now (and still now) has been a struggle to "befriend" myself, and these last few years I've been completely on my own (by choice) and I think my efforts have paid off/are still paying off. My Saturn was (and still is) in Sagittarius but has moved through the 11th house and is now progressed into the 10th house and I can feel its influence there.

I was born with Saturn on 12th house cusp very close to my sun, Uranus, Neptune and Mercury all stellium'ed together in 12th house Capricorn. It felt like a curse at first but now I view it as a sort of mixed blessing. Life is tough and separating reality from fantasy can be hard. But the growing and the lessons have been/are worth it...

It might make a difference that I'm almost 30 and in the midst of my Saturn return...it is/has been an extremely trying/tumultuous time but I feel there may be light at the end of the tunnel...

Last edited:

splindsay

I have saturn in the 12th natally, in Aquarius. It's conjunct my ascendant by 2*. I'm not entirely sure if I've felt it's effect or fully understand it - I haven't had my saturn return yet though, so that could be a reason why.

I've been told by an astrologer before that I'm going to live to be very old. (and my guess old and alone). She also told me that there's something tramatic that happened to me in a past life, with a group of people - (uranus in the 11th). And how things will be a bit 'fated' for me - and I try and avoid them but I shouldn't.

I would say I agree to this... there's been a series of events that have happened to me which looking back almost feel like pieces to a puzzle. Mapping out something. Every choice I've made has had definitely some importance to my life now.

I have saturn square pluto in the 9th... but other than that, mostly quite positive aspects to saturn. Moon trine saturn (in gemini) and sun sextile saturn (in aries). I've been responsible my whole life basically haha.

Sometimes I feel alone.. I'm odd, people would peg me as very outgoing, but I often when I'm with people I kind of wish I was alone and vice versa.

Hope that helps. Still waiting for my Saturn return... haha. wish me luck!

jangle

I have saturn in the 12th natally, in Aquarius. It's conjunct my ascendant by 2*. I'm not entirely sure if I've felt it's effect or fully understand it - I haven't had my saturn return yet though, so that could be a reason why.

I've been told by an astrologer before that I'm going to live to be very old. (and my guess old and alone). She also told me that there's something tramatic that happened to me in a past life, with a group of people - (uranus in the 11th). And how things will be a bit 'fated' for me - and I try and avoid them but I shouldn't.

I would say I agree to this... there's been a series of events that have happened to me which looking back almost feel like pieces to a puzzle. Mapping out something. Every choice I've made has had definitely some importance to my life now.

I have saturn square pluto in the 9th... but other than that, mostly quite positive aspects to saturn. Moon trine saturn (in gemini) and sun sextile saturn (in aries). I've been responsible my whole life basically haha.

Sometimes I feel alone.. I'm odd, people would peg me as very outgoing, but I often when I'm with people I kind of wish I was alone and vice versa.

Hope that helps. Still waiting for my Saturn return... haha. wish me luck!
interesting! we must have a similar chart, splindsay. I too have aquarius saturn in the 12th - also yet to have my saturn return AND my saturn is trine my gemini moon just like you (I can come off very cold for this reason, especially with my moon in gemini). I'm funny but usually offend water signs with my blunt humor.

I had a medium tell me about my past life trauma regarding a large group or people or a family (SN in the 5th, uranus, neptune, mars and mercury in the 11th)

can I see your whole chart?

splindsay

interesting! we must have a similar chart, splindsay. I too have aquarius saturn in the 12th - also yet to have my saturn return AND my saturn is trine my gemini moon just like you (I can come off very cold for this reason, especially with my moon in gemini). I'm funny but usually offend water signs with my blunt humor.

I had a medium tell me about my past life trauma regarding a large group or people or a family (SN in the 5th, uranus, neptune, mars and mercury in the 11th)

can I see your whole chart?

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/czu5filek24ESI-u1319221826/astro_2gw_07_l_m.16393.60831.gif?61156

Don't know if this link works. Let's hope so!
I'm assuming we're probably born within the same year. I wouldn't say my Gemini moon makes me cold, on the contrary. Although having a full first house helps 😅. I do completely believe the past life trauma around people - having Uranus and Neptune in the 11th I am definitely sentisive to my surroundings / tapping into energies with people and groups of friends etc.

I have also wondered a great deal about Saturn in my chart. Because it's so close to the ascendant every time I look up information it'll often say I'll physically look a bit 'saturn' esque. Which I disagree with. Although perhaps that has to do with the first house planets. Maybe Saturn there means I'll have a very 'fated' life.

Anyway you could also post your chart?

Last edited:

ANUP

Dear Friend,

If your saturn is in 12th house (as you are saying) but let us know the degree of this saturn.

This is very important.To get surface view, i aill say this saturn might delay aquiring your assests,settlement of family matters.If you are not well,you may take much time to recovery.In other words, your luck may take time to support you,but definetly the ultimately will be in your favour.

The positive side is that this is good for your individuality,peace in home,boost in your will power,courage.

Good luck,

Anup
kascorner.com

christina1989

I have saturn in 12th aquarius and its aspects jupiter(trine) and mercury(square) but those aspects are really far..
This placement suck all my life i have gone through some painful transformations i cant remember time when i was really happy xd
Again i have to accept something about me that i dont want i need change my life but people wont accept me soo again i need feel alone and sad i sometimes wonder why cant i have normal life and just be happy.

I think people with this placement will have lots of periods of sadness and lonlines or is it just me hah and we need to learn to not get used to be alone we need to practice to be happy even though i always feel like i will end up alone.

ArabellaP

These are the things that I relate to regarding my 12th house stellum- Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto in Libra.

I’m a Witch and very spiritual. I am an Empath and absolutely NEED my alone time in order to rejuvenate, especially after being around large groups of people for long periods of time. I have a degree in psychology, and I am a truly altruistic person who expects nothing in return for what I give. I have a very strong intuition and believe that I am guided by the universe. I feel confined in my body, and many of my philosophies about life are considered strange. Patience is a strong suit of mine. I have battled depression and am slightly bipolar, though I’ve never been very extreme in it, more moody than expressive. I have done well to overcome my depression and now I help other people with theirs. I have a strong need to help other people, even at the expense of myself. I am generally a quiet person and I prefer to listen to other people rather than talk myself, though I do have a Gemini Moon so when I drink (which is very rarely) I get quite talkative. I don’t have an addictive personality, in that I can try drugs and not crave them, but I also don’t have a desire to escape so I don’t use drugs or alcohol.

I do have Fibromyalgia and I take CBD oil and occasionally edibles as a medical alternative because I refuse to take pain pills.

I don’t know if it’s other placements, but I’m actually really confident with myself. I trust my intuition and I am very happy with my physical appearance (I was a personal trainer before I was diagnosed with Fibro), I meditate and always strive to be the best me that I can be, and I accept my flaws and learn from my mistakes, so I’m generally very happy with who I am. I know I have strong opinions and I recognize that my intensity can turn other people off, but as far as accepting myself I really do… and I accept other people for who they are as well. I don’t have any desire to impose my beliefs onto anyone else, and I don’t have problems with people who believe differently than I do, perhaps that the Libra aspect?

I’m also usually very private, but for whatever reason I’m willing to be open today and share myself in ways that I usually would not dare to! I’m just getting into astrology (about 4 months) so I don’t fully understand aspects and relations yet, but I’m getting there. I believe in lifelong learning and growing in order to develop the soul. I have no idea what the end goal is for our soul development and I don’t believe that the human brain is capable of grasping such a concept, it’s just outside of our limited capabilities.

I have a very poor relationship with my mother, as she has always resented me and treats me as such, and my father was not in the picture until I was 11 then he died when I was 14 (he only came back because he was dying and didn’t have anyone else to turn to and my martyr mother decided to take him in, a decision I would have NEVER made just for the sake of my children)so obviously my relationship with my father is non-existent. I have a strong personality and I have learned to not let people take advantage of me, though I used to be vulnerable to that quite a bit when I was younger.

Everyone I know comes to me for advice and help with their problems and they always appreciate what I say, though they don’t always follow my advice (then come back and say they should have) but I accept that, and let them do what they do. I believe we are all here to learn our own lessons, and what is right for me may not be right for someone else.

I will admit that I feel very isolated because I have to connect with people on a very deep level and if I don’t, I tend to feel rejected by them, even if they don’t mean to. On the flip side of that when I DO connect with someone deeply it’s very empowering, and I feel like I’ve met a soul sibling, and it feels fulfilling; it’s one of the happiest times I experience in life.

I am very bad at being manipulative, simply because I am so straight forward and I have trouble hiding my thoughts and feelings, so I don’t bother trying. To be honest I’m not sure what aspects of my chart indicate these various elements of my personality, but I’m very interested in learning as much as I can about all of it… I’ll try to add my chart to this post, and anyone who has some insight would be greatly appreciated by me!!
I’m sure there’s more but this post is long enough as it is….

Attachments

• AstroArabella-withLilith.jpg
    AstroArabella-withLilith.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 31

Abby83

Depends what Saturn rules in your chart.

My Saturn is 3rd ruler, in Scorpio in 12th house, well aspected. My thoughts and communication are always on victims and painful unfair dark matters. I'm always looking deeper into situations and never overlook serious matters. In fact I see things seriously.

Timmytwothumbs

I have Saturn in 12th and Pisces. Conj Moon, sextile Neptune in Capricorn and Mercury in taurus, opposite Chiron in Virgo. Square Jupiter in Sag.
I wouldn't say reserved I've been described as very careful, and respectful.
No depression but I smoke A Lot of weed. No anxiety. I only ever feel guilty about having fun and not working hard enough. But Ive also been told I have a great work ethic, supervisors tell me that I'm gonna be their boss someday,but I never wait around too long. I'm constantly changing jobs. I'm very serious as well but I can mask it easily, some say I work too pretty or too clean. I reach mystical experiences every night in my dreams and I find the most joy in my life literally bringing my dreams to life. I have extremely vivid lucid dreams. If I dream it I do it and I feel that same beautiful feeling I felt in my dream. I find peace in total darkness, I need time alone. I feel better when I drink insane amounts of water. I travel a lot. I've lived in 27 different houses in 7 different states and I'm only 22 years old. If I feel any emotion strongly it's anger related to abondonment. If it get out of control I meditate. And things are fine. Saturn is Joy