Time of Birth Rectification - What does Star of David mean in transit to natal?

Kannon

gilly,

Thank you for the added information. That added move to Afghanistan might be enough to clarify things. I'll be back in the next few days to check-in again and let you know if I've been able to get a definite result.

Meanwhile add in any more events you can think of even if you are only sure of the month it happened. First meetings of relationships can be really useful, as well as date of beginning cohabitations.

Peace.

gilly1111

I just seen this message, sorry kannon.

Yes ok. Well an ex and i moved into a flat in May 2013 when we returned from living in Nigeria. I don't know dates when i have met people. Nothing springs out sorry.
I bought a bar in france April 2005, me and an ex moved to France at that time.
I sat my masters exam 5th 6th or 7th of January 2014. definitely that week after new year, i had 2 exams.
gosh i am really scraping the barrel now aren't i!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

I read the posts above...

and still I have some doubts in how to rectify a birth chart.

Any more ideas?

thank you for your sharing
:)
BASIC STEPS WHEN RECTIFYING A CHART
List major life events
such as
academic rewards, degree, diplomas, exams passed
operations, hospital admissions of any kind, accidents
relocation to a new home, relocation abroad
marriages, divorces
births
deaths
starting first job, leaving old job, starting new job
anything important.

When looking back at transits for major events in life
as well as noting all aspects from transiting planets to the angles,
remember to note in particular aspects from all the rulers of the ASC/MC/IC/DESC to other planets
as well as to the angles themselves

If you focus on the seven visible planets aka Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn
there are more than enough aspects
- especially if there are many exact dates of events to check!

keep in mind to

exclude dates that are "give or take a couple of weeks" as being totally too inaccurate
! :smile:

Specific dates for major events
= actual exact day
as well as the precise time of the occurrence

- e.g.

precise date and time of
when wife/partner/girlfriend gave birth to child
precise date AND time of giving birth
precise date and time of being wheeled into the operating theater
precise date and time of any accidents involving broken bone
precise date and time of first day at work
precise date and time of graduation award
precise date and time of any car crashes
precise date and time of relocating to new home
precise date of decree nisi granted
precise date of any relocation that resulted
precise date and time on official letter from hospital/medics giving diagnosis
and/or precise date and time of appointment with doc/medic
who delivered the news
precise date and time of graduation day

(a) Health involves the physical body
hence examine transits to the ascendant
transits to the ascendant ruler
and transits by the ascendant ruler to the angles/other planets
on the specific day of any health issues

(b) divorce AND marriage BOTH involve transits to the Descendant,
transits to the descendant ruler, and transits by the descendant ruler to the angles/other planets
on the specific day of the decree nisi

(c) divorce AND marriage BOTH involve MC as well.
So examine transits to MC and to MC ruler, as well as transits by MC ruler
to any of the angles by conjunction, trine, square and/or opposition

Good idea to focus on the following basics when analyzing your data relating to specific dates and times of events:

(a) any planets on the angles
i.e. any planet conjunct, trine, square or opposing any angle.

(b) any ruler of any one of the four angles
on any one of the angles.
i.e. any ruling planet of any one of the four angles that is conjunct,
trine, square or opposing any angle

No harm in learning basic rectification
don't be put off by thinking it is 'too difficult/complicated/puzzling'
- it is an interesting and rewarding exercise.
NOTE

(a)
transiting planets close to
or at the degree of your ascendant/descendant
for the given time of birth

(b)
transiting planets close to
or at the degree of your MC/IC for the given time of birth

to
note in particular,
IF on the same day a planet aspects by conjunction, opposition, square, sextile, trine:

(1) the approximate degree you currently have for the Ascendant

while
another planet on the same day
aspects by conjunction, opposition, square, sextile, trine:

(2) the approximate degree you currently have for the MC

It is common knowledge that traditional ancient astrology planet domiciles for each ascendant are as follows:

Aries Ascendant = Mars

Taurus Ascendant = Venus
Gemini Ascendant = Mercury
Cancer Ascendant = Moon
Leo Ascendant = Sun
Virgo Ascendant = Mercury
Libra Ascendant = Venus
Scorpio Ascendant = Mars
Sagittarius Ascendant = Jupiter
Capricorn Ascendant = Saturn
Aquarius Ascendant = Saturn
Pisces Ascendant = Jupiter

The outers were simply not visible to ancient astrologers
who nevertheless successfully rectified charts
and
Rectification is an ancient technique
at least two thousand years old
long before the outers could be observed
with the aid of powerful telescopes.

An example of an ancient/traditional rectification technique is the “Animodar”
method of rectification which is explained at this link
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/animodar.html

Animodar is just one rectification technique of which there are many
These are just the basics
Good idea to assess/experiment with each method
before drawing any firm conclusions.

Each astrologer has their own ideas
as to which method is preferable
so then examine/experiment with all methods

INCLUDING PROFECTIONS :smile:

JUPITERASC

DECLINATION ILLUSTRATED
:smile:

300px-Ra_and_dec_on_celestial_sphere.png

dec-edm.gif

64904-004-F8FDFDB3.jpg

cs_equ.png

radec_declination.gif

Kannon

gilly1111,

I have not been able to dedicate much more time to this, but I'll take the added information and see if it helps.

You asked about what is the significance of Mars-Pluto up high conjunct the Midheaven of your chart. That is someone with strong drive, amibition, great confidence in act of accomplishing any goal they set up; a doer, a take-charge person who prefers to set the agenda in their own work life. It comes with Neptune near the Asc, so that emphasizes idealism and rosy-colored view of the world. A seeker, a dreamer.

This compares to an Asc later in Sagittarius that is conjunct/parallel Jupiter with Venus as primary planet in relation to Midheaven -- by sextile and contra-parallel.

Kannon

gilly1111,

Some follow-up questions.

Was 2005 (move to France) the year that your moves to different places began?

Could you provide dates of birth for your parents?

I believe I've got the correct chart isolated, but I want to do my standard layered verification.s

gilly1111

gilly1111,

I have not been able to dedicate much more time to this, but I'll take the added information and see if it helps.

You asked about what is the significance of Mars-Pluto up high conjunct the Midheaven of your chart. That is someone with strong drive, amibition, great confidence in act of accomplishing any goal they set up; a doer, a take-charge person who prefers to set the agenda in their own work life. It comes with Neptune near the Asc, so that emphasizes idealism and rosy-colored view of the world. A seeker, a dreamer.

This compares to an Asc later in Sagittarius that is conjunct/parallel Jupiter with Venus as primary planet in relation to Midheaven -- by sextile and contra-parallel.

Hello kannon

Your reply is appreciated. I am starting to think that my mc and ac are on planets which obscures things somewhat. What I really do not understand is that Jupiter had been transiting my Stellium this year and nothing had happened. Other than awakening Aug 2016. Jupiter crossing mc should have an effect? Nothing has happened at all to career etc smce I lost job 1st Oct 2015. So I am thinking maybe mc is on Scorpio or end of libra.
I just don't know.
I will reply to the other message now. ..
Blessings and many thanks
Gillian

gilly1111

gilly1111,

Some follow-up questions.

Was 2005 (move to France) the year that your moves to different places began?

Could you provide dates of birth for your parents?

I believe I've got the correct chart isolated, but I want to do my standard layered verification.s

OK kannon. ..I've done some digging.

My partner was a teacher so she finished school term probably the week before easter. Easter Sunday 28th March. I have a feeling we both finished work on Fri 19th March. We probably moved that week before easter from UK to France and signed for the bar before easter Friday. Or after easter Monday in the Tuesday or Wednesday latest. Yes we both moved to France from UK. We both bought property in this window and left jobs.

My father dob 12 sept 1940 he played for Liverpool fc part time and gave up when 2nd kid came around 66/67.He needed the overtime at work which sounds crazy these days.
My mum 21st March 1943.

I am looking forward to closure. I will be honest. Every day for 6 months I have been searching for answers.
Bless you kannon and many many thanks.
Gillian.

gilly1111

OK kannon. ..I've done some digging.

My partner was a teacher so she finished school term probably the week before easter. Easter Sunday 28th March. I have a feeling we both finished work on Fri 19th March. We probably moved that week before easter from UK to France and signed for the bar before easter Friday. Or after easter Monday in the Tuesday or Wednesday latest. Yes we both moved to France from UK. We both bought property in this window and left jobs.

My father dob 12 sept 1940 he played for Liverpool fc part time and gave up when 2nd kid came around 66/67.He needed the overtime at work which sounds crazy these days.
My mum 21st March 1943.

I am looking forward to closure. I will be honest. Every day for 6 months I have been searching for answers.
Bless you kannon and many many thanks.
Gillian.

Kannon,

I have another date. Company formation on my business licence is 17/6/2015. formed in Fujairah, UAE.

Hope this helps...any many thanks.

Gillian

Kannon

Thank you gilly ....

The added information was helpful. I'll summarize visually how a couple events point to the Asc/MC I was already working with and had concluded was the correct one. You are right in saying the MC figure seemed to be in late Libra/early Scorpio, as seen here in prog Mars position on the date of your company's formation in UAE. Prog Mars applies to MC within 0°04'. (Astro.com often does not calculated the MC quite accurately enough. That natal figure should be 0SCO56.) Prog Jupiter is also exactly Parallel natal Asc (0°00.5' or less).

24sag-business-formed-in-uae.gif

When we go back to you and your partner's life change by buying a business in France and moving there, I used the date 29 March 2005. Progressed Jupiter had moved within 0°05' of exact Parallel to natal Asc, beginning a planetary metric for the events of the coming years (moves, etc). That progressed aspect is still active, but Jupiter's growth/expansion dynamic has moved out of the restlessness and material search to an inner one. You can also see prog Mars position in the 9th house of other countries making a culminated sextile to natal Asc (within 0°02').

24sag-move-to-france-trans-prog.gif

In addition, your parents' birth planets confirmed this chart as opposed to one any earlier in Sagittarius. Using center England/GMT coordinates and noon times ...

Father 12 Sept 1940:
His Pluto [23N10] is nearly exactly contra-parallel your Asc, orb 0°09';
His Venus and Pluto are square your IC/MC;
His Mercury and Neptune square your Asc;
His Uranus quincunx your Asc.

Mother 21 March 1943:
Her Jupiter [22N57] is <22'> from exact contra-parallel your Asc;
Her Pluto [24N01] is <22'> from exact cp your Asc;
Her Venus +/-[11N10] is Parallel your IC 11N48;
Her N.Node 24SAG41 is trine your Asc, orb 0°22'.

If you do similar comparisons using planet positions of partners that include declinations they will show similarly close aspects.

I used all the events information you gave me and looked at both transits and progressions. So there is a lot more information than what is displayed here that went into this chart.

Cheers.

gilly1111

Thank you gilly ....

The added information was helpful. I'll summarize visually how a couple events point to the Asc/MC I was already working with and had concluded was the correct one. You are right in saying the MC figure seemed to be in late Libra/early Scorpio, as seen here in prog Mars position on the date of your company's formation in UAE. Prog Mars applies to MC within 0°04'. (Astro.com often does not calculated the MC quite accurately enough. That natal figure should be 0SCO56.) Prog Jupiter is also exactly Parallel natal Asc (0°00.5' or less).

24sag-business-formed-in-uae.gif

When we go back to you and your partner's life change by buying a business in France and moving there, I used the date 29 March 2005. Progressed Jupiter had moved within 0°05' of exact Parallel to natal Asc, beginning a planetary metric for the events of the coming years (moves, etc). That progressed aspect is still active, but Jupiter's growth/expansion dynamic has moved out of the restlessness and material search to an inner one. You can also see prog Mars position in the 9th house of other countries making a culminated sextile to natal Asc (within 0°02').

24sag-move-to-france-trans-prog.gif

In addition, your parents' birth planets confirmed this chart as opposed to one any earlier in Sagittarius. Using center England/GMT coordinates and noon times ...

Father 12 Sept 1940:
His Pluto [23N10] is nearly exactly contra-parallel your Asc, orb 0°09';
His Venus and Pluto are square your IC/MC;
His Mercury and Neptune square your Asc;
His Uranus quincunx your Asc.

Mother 21 March 1943:
Her Jupiter [22N57] is <22'> from exact contra-parallel your Asc;
Her Pluto [24N01] is <22'> from exact cp your Asc;
Her Venus +/-[11N10] is Parallel your IC 11N48;
Her N.Node 24SAG41 is trine your Asc, orb 0°22'.

If you do similar comparisons using planet positions of partners that include declinations they will show similarly close aspects.

I used all the events information you gave me and looked at both transits and progressions. So there is a lot more information than what is displayed here that went into this chart.

Cheers.

Wow Kannon.
I am so grateful. I just knew mc was later. For 15 hours every day for the 3 months I have been searching. I got as close as 2 deg Scorpio for mc. So many things to look for and I have tried using arc and progressions and lining up aspect's with transits. Haha a true novice.
Ohhhh God bless you. I feel I can breathe. You may laugh but I have felt this sitting on my chest for so long. I think I can now turn a corner.
With Jupiter about to pass the MC you have given. I am hoping that a contract will come and I can get back to earjing.money haha I will see you right. Woooooo I am so grateful. Oh thankyou soo much.
Many many many thanks to you. You gave me my best birthday present!
Have a blessed evening kannon.

gilly1111

Forgot to wish you a happy birthday. Hope it was a good one.

It may sound dramatic kannon but this week has been the 1st week I have been able to truly settle. I can breathe.
Next week Saturn and Jupiter are in direct conjunction with mc and ac. I do not know what this brings yet it will test the degrees you have given. I shall let you know. Haha
The birthday was great. Many thanks again.
Gillian