Soul Contract

Deleted opyrighted content posted over 100 words against revised forum rules - Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyAway

I never took the Aquarian Age very seriously.
I thought it was a mix of spiritual fairy tales and some astrological coincidences.
But since there are more and more synchronicities between my individual spiritual journey,
and a more collective spiritual awakening (I've met bunches of people the last few years
who are into spiritual stuff, in the years before I was seen as a lunatic and a loner ;)) I started changing my mind.
There is at least less dogmatism and more openess than I was used to.
There is a sense of spiritual FREEDOM in the air and how I love that!

I got interested in astrology about a year ago.
I've started studying and reading a bit and lately I started wondering about the Aquarian Age from an astrological point of view.
Does anyone know of a website or some articles that explain the Aquarian Age purely astrologically, without too many ideological bells and wistles?
I'm also curious if the Mayan calendar and the Western New Age astrologically match.

I think that not only water sings are open to a new spiritual age.
Water might be intuitive, but water isn't fond of change.
Water hides itself until it feels secure enough.
Air and fire signs are more open to change, they are curious,
they want to know what's happening, they are willing to explore everything new.
I'm a typical water sign, careful and sceptic, and it took me years before I finally started exploring the world outside.

It wouldn't surprise that different signs have a total different approach to astrology and a total different reason to study it.
Some people start with a scientific approach, I find their knowledge of every planet and every aspect amazing,
but I'm sometimes puzzeled by their technical interpretations.
Like they analyze the galaxy and not another human being.
My approach is totally different, merely because I consider hobbies and studying as fun.
Even more serious hobbies like psychology, philosophy and religion.
I'm not gathering knowledge, I'm only satisfying my curiosity.
And now I'm interested in astrology because I find it a fascinating psychological and spiritual tool.
I find it easier to use the astrological facts as a guideline, than as an outcome, but without my intuition I would feel lost.

Francesca

Although I enjoyed reading this post, Ms. Saturn, I do not share your spiritual bent. I am a materialist with sun,moon,mercury,venus and jupiter all in water signs. I have an active 12th house (saturn/pluto conjunct in Leo). I have had many psychic experiences, but I believe they are ultimately electromagnetic in nature.
As a child, I wrestled with the problem of evil, and decided there couldn't possibly be a providential God, nor can I believe it is ethical to regard the poor and afflicted as having earned their fate by prior bad acts. Oh,that it were so! I could then be relieved of the suffering of millions (and myself!) that surround us daily.
I will add this, however: an archetypal astrologer who I am working with says that my chart is overwhelmingly Neptunian, and that I reject spirituality because the suffering of others is too much to handle. Could be, I suppose.
I was a social worker for many years before I became a lawyer. Now, even though I am considered 100% physically disabled, I still take a few cases a year representing children in custody cases, and neglect and abuse.

But I ask you, what choice does that child born into poverty, drug and other types of abuse, really have ? Sorry, just don't see it. The exceptions only prove the rule. Kristine F.

Arian Maverick

But I ask you, what choice does that child born into poverty, drug and other types of abuse, really have ?

Francesca,

My entire family has been asking this question of each other and of God for twenty years, ever since my older brother was diagnosed with autism. His disability has had a major influence upon our lives, especially mine, since he is my only sibling and I have never known life without his presence. Yet somehow, despite my lingering guilt of escaping unharmed, I believe there is a reason for our individual circumstances and I no longer blame myself or God or the doctors who administered the vaccination that caused him harm. This is simply our fate, a series of tests we agreed upon before this earthly incarnation, an expression of our free will. I refuse to believe that our lives are the result of some divine punishment, a manifestation of fire and brimstone. There is something much greater at work, something we may never truly understand...

Arian Maverick

Hi Francessa,

Firstly I did not write this Article, but very much connected with it. Having a strong Neptunian energy myself and my Saturn placed in the 1st house conjunct Ascendant, opposing my Sun. I very much believe in Karma, Saturn being the planet of karma, and more importantly, I believe we all have a soul purpose for this lifetime, and we are not trapped or bound to our birth chart, but there is potential for growth, no matter what circumstances you are born into. I liked the idea of the Soul Contract as challenges you have come here to overcome, learn lessons. I personally would not like to take the approach that our difficult aspects are fixed, I believe there is free will and ultimately choices.

But I ask you, what choice does that child born into poverty, drug and other types of abuse, really have ? Sorry, just don't see it. The exceptions only prove the rule. Kristine F.

A child does not have much choice, being born into poverty, but on a soul level, the soul may have chose to be born into those circumstances, as a child no we don't have a choice, but we all grow up and have to take responsibility for our own lives.

I understand that these are strong beliefs, I posted it on the Karmic Astrology board, for those interested in soul growth. You are a very caring soul, and It is hard to see suffering, believe me I feel the pain as well I can't bear to see cruelty of any kind, especially towards children and animals who I feel are defenseless. You are a soul who fights for these children. I wish I stood up more for the cruelties that happen in this world. I am not imposing my beliefs on anybody, I would never have posted this on Natal Astrology, but if your interested in karma and spirituality, I thought it might be interesting. I was doubtful about posting this article, but I guess there will always be opposing views no matter what you believe in. There have been times I have wanted to post more of this sort of stuff, but unsure of the reaction it would receive. If it makes people think, or question their lives. If they get out of a trapped mindset and believe there is more for them in this world, It was worth posting.

We choose our cicumstances in life. There is a yearning by the soul to reach even higher levels of spiritual consciousness. This growth is developed through soul lessons and is exercised by a spirits free will. You develop a life plan. The exact details of the plan are left to a spirit to decide. That is where free will comes in. All the answers to our problems lie within. A soul is given many oppurtunities to develop and expand by living through adversity. Growth is never easy and can only be accomplished by experiencing every aspect of a situation and fully comprehending it. Karma isn't necessarily bad it is an oppurtunity for a soul to progress.

Miss S

Last edited:

FlyAway

My own experience is that we don't have much choice as a child.
If there's no support to escape from violence or abuse it's something you can only try to survive.
But as soon as you get older and if you realize that the world is bigger
than the (emotional or material) ghetto you were born in,
you become more aware of your will to fight, to get out and to make other choices.
That's pretty hard and it can take years to escape totally from such a family or environment.

I also don't think it's fair and I'm not sure if we really signed for such hardships before we were born.
I think it's a mix of choosing for certain experience and bad luck.
I don't believe in fate, but I also don't believe in bad luck only.
We have the power to change some things, but we can't make everything work like we want to.
It's something in between, a bit of good luck, a bit of bad luck, a bit of free will,
and some personal strength and awareness might help us to escape from suffering.

I also wonder if we wouldn't suffer at all, if we did all positive things to work out karma.
We're still human, and I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing ;)

Francesca

I am not criticising anyone's beliefs, just giving my own. Everyone on this forum should feel free to say whatever they want to share. Even though my opinions are very strong, my strongest committment is to free speech. Just because I feel differently doesn't imply that anyone else needs to agree with me. Far from it. I want to hear what other people think.

Aries M , I spent fifteen years working with autistic people as a social worker
before becoming a lawyer, so believe me, I have more than a vague idea about how your family has been affected. Maybe dealing with this has helped you become the extraordinary young woman that you are.

However, just because I see no plan for us in life does not reflect on your right to see things differently. From my perspective, there's no way to tell whose "right" or "wrong".

Francesca

This is the third time I am attempting to post a reply. My answers just don't seem to be sticking.

I want to hear all of your points of view on this forum, even if I don't agree. I believe very strongly that everyone should express their own opinion. Just because I believe in my own point of view doesn't mean I am disparaging yours.

Maverick, I worked as a social worker for autistic people for 15 years before becoming a lawyer, so I have a pretty fair idea how his condition has affected your family. Maybe this situation has helped make you the extraordinary young woman you are. Just because I see no plan in our lives doesn't mean you shouldn't. There is simply no way to judge who is "right" and who is "wrong".

FlyAway

Interesting posts, exactly the about the astrological influences that I'm interested in.
I've got Saturn in the 7th house, and how I feel that (and hate that ;)) during the course of my life.
I still wonder if Saturn is also the answer to karmic troubles, or do we need to look at other planets/aspects for that?

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

The First House

The Rising Sign and the childhhood house. Planets in the first house under stress (square opposition, or inconjunct to other planets) Saturn, or planets in Aries will often reflect karma with yourself or with childhood. Anything to do with the self, meaning self esteem, appearance even vanity. There could be personality karma, a character karma or an identity karma, especially during childhood, leading to unprocessed experiences. As soon as we become conscious, we realize we are in a negative territory. That is why we are forced to grow up quickly with planets in the first house, in Aries, and especially Saturn which magnifies this effect.

Oh my goodness...I have a first house stellium of inner planets in Aries, which receives a massive series of square aspects from Saturn and Neptune! :eek:

Arian Maverick

pisceskitty

I have Saturn in Gemini[8th] square Venus in Pisces[5th] I've always had issues with self-esteem, and not feeling pretty enough. I also tend to attract men who are never there! I never met my father, and don't know much about him, but I wonder if this has something to do with the type of men in my life. I have Aries ruling my 7th house. Turns out my dad was an Aries! I was also born with Chiron in Aries..My son was born with his moon in Aries!
My biggest lesson, is to learn to stop being so hard on myself. Especially as far as my looks etc...it hasn't been easy. There are moments when I would feel cursed! but I honsetly believe the universe will find a way for all of us. I've had some painful lessons. I do know I will be a better person because of them. It doesn't mean it doesn't suck sometimes!:p

FlyAway

When I look at my chart and Saturn I know what my karmic lessons are,
but I have no idea how to solve them ;)
And there is also a lot of (negative!) interaction between Saturn and my first house.
So if we know what's karmic wrong with us, then the solution should also be hidden in our chart.

The south/north node thing is easier for me to understand.
That looks more like a long straight road, in my case from Leo to Aquarius.
That doesn't look too complicated, I can manage that.
But how on earth can we deal with a hard nut like Saturn?

Hi Flyaway,

It must be annoying for you reading this article still uncomplete, I will finish it. There is still quite a bit left of it. God I wish I was a fast typer, I have Saturn in my first conjunct Ascendant and oppose my sun as I have stated before. This indicates heavy Karma. The most Karmic position for Saturn to be according to the writer of this article. Thanks for taking an interest, at least all this typing isn't for nothing, if it is an interesting read for you.

Miss S :D

pisceskitty

One of the most healing things for me is helping otherpeople. Not being so caught up in my own drama. Helping people has been extremely healing. I am a home health aide, and being in my clients home cleaning, cooking, etc is like paradise! It is through my contact with the 'wounded' that I find myself being healed! I don't know if this makes sense.

Do you have any creative outlets? Is there anything that you find healing to the soul in any way?

Nice question PiscesKitty,

I am unsure of this, this sounds terrible I am 27 yrs old and I still don't know what to do with my life. I really find it hard to discover what I would be good at. I think a deep lack of confidence has to do with this. But then is that an excuse also. Should I be out there contributing to the world, what talents do I have. It is always such a block me for me finding what I want to for myself.

I worry I am not even in one way following my North Node destination for my soul. I do feel I am questioning my purpose looking for answers. My Saturn Return will be coming soon and I fear I have nothing to show Saturn. Non the wiser.

Creative outlets - would Astrology be creative outlet. I have Venus in the fifth, and I can't see what creative talents I have. Venus Trines my Taurus Midheaven should I be using this in some way. Gemini governs most of my tenth house. Mercury is my chart ruler. Mars is in the sixth and sqaures my Midheaven so the drive should be there but it's not. Lot of planets in the seventh relating to people.

I am still searching for the answers, I am such a lost soul aren't I. :)

Miss S

Elansome

Hi MissSaturn!
Thank you for all the trouble you have taken for typing. It was a really good reading. I myself have Saturn on my ascendant that square to North Node & Uranus at Nadir, that opposing Chiron and Lilith at Midheaven. I cannot tell how hard has it been for me all my childhood and how often the things have changed.
I am now having a Saturn return and I feel like an iron that I don't belive noone can ever hurt me. Saturn did teach me a lot of things but in his way! Do you think it is going to be over or at least get lighter?
It makes me dizzy now just on the same degree that it was when I was born.
Thanks
Jasmine

FlyAway

Miss Saturn said:
Hi Flyaway,

It must be annoying for you reading this article still uncomplete, I will finish it. There is still quite a bit left of it. God I wish I was a fast typer, I have Saturn in my first conjunct Ascendant and oppose my sun as I have stated before. This indicates heavy Karma. The most Karmic position for Saturn to be according to the writer of this article. Thanks for taking an interest, at least all this typing isn't for nothing, if it is an interesting read for you.

Miss S :D

Just take your time :)
I was only thinking out loud ;)
But it is indeed interesting material to think about.

Hi Elansome,

It is suppose to get easier for us as we get older. Maybe after the Saturn return we finally come in to our own element. We may recognize our own self worth and put ourselves forward in the world. We will hide no more.

Emerging into the world, or rather re-emerging after years of withdrawal. It may have not been a conscious retreat because you have been re-assessing of how you wish to present yourself to the world, and what as, has been taking place.

The past 29.5 years of your life you have been processing how you will emerge into the world. Two questions will arise.

1. Are there any old issues from the past that still need to be closed or dealt with before you can make a fresh start.

2. What has the emergent you got to offer or involve yourself with that is going to have a definate purpose for the future.

Getting act together. New cycle is beginning. I think it will get easier, you will finally find your place in the world and you have gained persistance, learnt lessons. A sense of discipline and responsibility. You will really become an authority within yourself. Just be careful you don't shut people out, as strong as you may feel, we still need to love and relate. But yes though Saturn has hard lessons to learn. Saturn is a sense of achievement and status when we have learned those lessons well.

Miss S

pisceskitty

I was also a bit unsure about my path in life. When my grandmother died, and saturn began to transit my 10th..it was BOOM! I got my head out of the clouds and began to focus on my career alot more. I have Venus in the 5th also Miss S. Everyone tells me how artistic/creative I am. I just didn't know how to apply it. I felt really confused.

With my Venus Sq. my Saturn, and very little fire in my chart I don't always have the confidence to pursue certain things. And with Saturn in Gemini, I often feel scared to say things..or I get nervous that my writing/poetry will seem stupid. Because I have such a huge fear of appearing stupid I don't go for things! I spend so much time being afraid. It's getting old!

As a child I didn't speak much. I was painfully shy!