What sort of person should I date in the future?

Potchari

Hey there, everyone.

I've been lurking this forum for a few minutes and I've decided to admit to you all that I need a bit of assistance from an astrological perspective in the areas of love and attraction. Even though I don't want to date anyone at the moment, I'd like to know what sort of person I should look for when I'm finally ready to.

First and foremost - I'm a very fiery crab and I'm learning that the fire I have in me is in complete opposition to my more feminine aspects (moon, sun, rising, juno, vesta, chiron, etc) and I have no idea what sort of person I should date. What sort of combination should I be looking for in a person when the time comes?

I've learned that having my Juno in Capricorn and Vesta in Cancer influences my need for stability. But at the same time, my lion-aspected planets prefer an individual that's dynamic, exciting, passionate and charismatic.

*shrugs* I have no idea. Basing on my chart, what can you tell me?

Thanks in advance~

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-17 at 3.51.12 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-17 at 3.51.12 PM.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen shot 2012-03-11 at 11.19.10 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-11 at 11.19.10 AM.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen shot 2012-03-11 at 11.19.21 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-11 at 11.19.21 AM.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 32

Tfunction

Ahh.. Cancer sun with mars and venus in Leo... Quite similar to me, I presume.. In some aspects.

I see venus and mars in your 10th house, on the cusp of virgo which is the natural ruler of house 7. I'm going to go on a wild stab in the dark here but I would like to assume you may have a liking towards people in the same field of work as yourself. Hopefully your partner has some qualities of Gemini's understanding so that your passionately changing emotions and moods won't be taken as offense.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert

Potchari

I've actually never interpreted my chart that way before. Your insight was helpful. Thank you so much!

As for my field in question, I'm a freelance graphic designer who aspires to do something that's related to marketing or advertising in the entertainment or fashion industries.

There was actually a guy I was into who wanted to do something similar and we were attracted to each other. It was advised that I let him go because him not pursuing me with his venus in aries directly implied that he wasn't interested in me romantically.

But Gemini's understanding, eh? I've never really perceived Gemini as being understanding because I had a very bad experience with one and its made me incredibly biased toward the thought of letting one pursue me romantically.

I wasn't sure if Gemini would be able to put up with the emotional neediness of my Cancer placements?

Tfunction

Actually Potchari,

I didn't mean that you would be compatible with a Gemini. I was more leaning towards someone having the discrimination between right and wrong and the sense of balance that the Gemini trait provides. I presume Libra and Aquarius would also posses similar qualities.

What I've come to learn, in my personal experience, is that the world will play out the way it does. It's not up to me to use astrology to determine whether the person is right or wrong for me. It's not fair to the other person, nor is it fair to me as it gives a pre-determined bias. The way I have learned to use astrology is to rectify problems in relationships, rather than use it for determining whether the person is right or wrong for me. After all, I believe we are put on this Earth to learn for ourselves the value of being a human.. And even though astrology is an extremely valuable resource in seeing the universe as it is, it's important that we as humans use it objectively and not subjectively... Juts my two cents :)

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert

dr. farr

One approach would look at the sign Mars (for a woman's chart) is in plus the sign on the 7th house (relationship house) Here those would be: Leo and Taurus
Another method (Nadi Vedic astrology) counts 7 whole sign houses from the place of Venus (in a woman's chart)-here this is Aquarius.
So, by these methods, a person of (positive) Aquarian, Leo or Taurus nature and qualities, seem to be suggested...

Then, of course, we have other methods, such as the Part of Love and the Woman's Lot of Marriage, to guide us (althought the Woman's Lot of Marriage is more useful to suggest what a woman should do to enhance her marriage prospects, rather than the type of person she should look for)

Potchari

Honestly, thank you SO much for all of your insight. I'm sort of brimming with appreciation right now :) These are really unique approaches for me and I've never learned to use these methods. I'm also a woman by the way, in case anyone was wondering, haha.

I actually read recently that using someone's Mars or Venus placement foreshadows the sort of person that someone's consciously attracted to, but doesn't necessarily represent the sort of person that's best for them..or most compatible?

And by Aquarian, Gemini, Taurean and Leo qualities, I'm assuming it'd be someone who'd be

>an original, possibly culturally rebellious and creative thinker
>is understanding
>is sensual and grounded
>is head strong and passionate

JUPITERASC

One approach would look at the sign Mars (for a woman's chart) is in plus the sign on the 7th house (relationship house) Here those would be: Leo and Taurus

Another method (Nadi Vedic astrology) counts 7 whole sign houses from the place of Venus (in a woman's chart)-here this is Aquarius.

So, by these methods, a person of (positive) Aquarian, Leo or Taurus nature and qualities, seem to be suggested...
I would add to this good advice from dr. farr that looking at the house position and aspects of the sign ruler of your Mars may provide some interesting clues and 'fine-tuning' as well.

Your Leo Mars is in the domicile of the Sun.

Your Sun is in the domicile of the Moon (Cancer) and because
you were born approximately ten to twelve hours after a new moon, your Moon is also in Cancer, in its own domicile.

Looking at the house and sign position of the ruler of your 7th we find Venus conjunct Mars and prominent, near the Midheaven, so your status in life may be somehow influenced by partnerships.
Professionals or businessmen may be those you feel attracted to and because your Sun and Moon are both in the 9th house, then people from abroad or other cultures than your own may attract you. The 9th is also linked to learning and so brings in the idea of Teachers as potential partners.

Career is associated with MC and your Venus conjunct Mars so prominent in your chart has the potential that a business related partnership may bring you/your partner before the public :smile:

Potchari

Potchari,

What have your experiences with Scorpios or Aries' been like in the past?

I've actually come from a couple of rocky experiences with Scorpio men. I was in an odd relationship with one for a little over a year. He was the sort of person who's blend of Sagittarius and Aries in him (forgot which planets) made him very domineering to the point where he was somewhat emotionally abusive. Then when I went on a casual date with a Scorpio that had Sagittarius and Libra in him (might've been a Libra cusp, I forget), he had the exact same attitude and I wound up in a situation where he forced himself onto me.

As for Aries men, I haven't really had many situations with them, but I have had a couple of situations with Aries men that were Taurus/Aries cusps. In fact, MANY of my best friends are actually Aries women, oddly enough. One of my longest relationships was with someone that was a Taurus/Aries cusp. However, I distinctly remember being somewhat bored with him and had a tendency to go astray in our relationship.

As far as general attraction goes, many of the male celebrities that I'm attracted to are all Aries men, like Michael Fassbender and Heath Ledger for example.

I would add to this good advice from dr. farr that looking at the house position and aspects of the sign ruler of your Mars may provide some interesting clues and 'fine-tuning' as well.

Your Leo Mars is in the domicile of the Sun.

Your Sun is in the domicile of the Moon (Cancer) and because
you were born approximately ten to twelve hours after a new moon, your Moon is also in Cancer, in its own domicile.

Looking at the house and sign position of the ruler of your 7th we find Venus conjunct Mars and prominent, near the Midheaven, so your status in life may be somehow influenced by partnerships.
Professionals or businessmen may be those you feel attracted to and because your Sun and Moon are both in the 9th house, then people from abroad or other cultures than your own may attract you. The 9th is also linked to learning and so brings in the idea of Teachers as potential partners.

Career is associated with MC and your Venus conjunct Mars so prominent in your chart has the potential that a business related partnership may bring you/your partner before the public :smile:

Oh wow o.o This is why I love asking people that have more of an understanding of astrology about my circumstances. I'm always SO grateful for answers like this :love:

To be perfectly honest with you, I AM very attracted to the idea of having a partner that has some sort of positive social status. Whenever I was in a situation where I was attracted to someone that was in a prestigious position or was someone that was favored by the public, they became MUCH more attractive to me. By studying up on all of my Leo placements, I've learned that they explain why I'm attracted to the idea of being with someone that others envy or that I have bragging rights about. I want someone that I can be proud of.

But its been hard for me to find a guy that's into the sort of blend of business, fashion and art that I am. Whenever I run into a guy that's into a creative field, he's usually very demure and passive and appears to be turned off OR scared off by my energy.

I've realized that I'm a passive person with assertive tendencies. In my career field and ambitions, I can be very assertive in going after what I want. But in the areas of love, I prefer to be someone that's pursued. I've tried hiding (or denying, rather) my Cancenarian tendencies by pursuing guys and its never ended up in my favor, lol.

I really like the idea of me being pursued by a guy that's really fiery and passionate, but grounded at the same time.

EDIT : Yeah, come to think of it...I had a few long distance relationships with men overseas. I'm in the US and one was in Australia and the other lived in The Netherlands. I've found that I'm MUCH more attracted to the idea of dating someone from another culture. I have Aquarius in my 4th house and I've read that that combination can be associated with traveling away from the home? So if I look at that AND basing on what you've just told me...

Can I predict that I might meet a good lover (or many of them) if I were to travel outside of the US?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

.EDIT : Yeah, come to think of it...I had a few long distance relationships with men overseas. I'm in the US and one was in Australia and the other lived in The Netherlands. I've found that I'm MUCH more attracted to the idea of dating someone from another culture. I have Aquarius in my 4th house and I've read that that combination can be associated with traveling away from the home? So if I look at that AND basing on what you've just told me...

Can I predict that I might meet a good lover (or many of them) if I were to travel outside of the US?
Potchari, I'm no expert. BobZemco posted the following advice re: finding whether marriage/relationships are 'promised' in a natal chart :smile:
04-30-2011, 11:54 AM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Re: An epiphany about horary

Well, I've had a lot of relationships, most were insignificant, but a few were very significant, to the point I actually miss them, but they don't necessarily lead to marriage (and I don't interpret Secondary Progressions in that manner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by
misskitty
Can you recommend a good source to start learning how to delineate a natal using traditional techniques?

I'd start with Lily's Christian Astrology, because it is readily available, and it's free and it's in Adobe format and searchable (you can search a word to find a topic you want to review) and it's the most readable, even though it is in an archaic English vernacular.

Once you figure out Lily's conventions, it's pretty easy. It's confusing at first because he constantly mentions planets conjoined or conjunct. To Lily, a conjunction is any aspect (sextile, trine, square or opposition) except an actual conjunction as we know it. When he says "joined corporeally" or "joined corporeally by body" he's talking about an actual conjunction as we know it (meaning that the two Planets are in the same Sign and degree). And then "casting disposition" means any applying aspect (as we know them including conjunctions as we know them).

The principles are the same for all manner of charts. The Sun is masculine and represents the male figure: your son(s), your brother(s), your father, your husband, your current beau, male friends, male co-workers, male supervisors, any authority figure (including your employer), government employees, plus your reputation and standing in your community or amongst your peers in your career field, and your personal credit, plus life and strength.

The Moon is feminine and represents women in general, your sister(s), mother, wife, girlfriend, girl friends, all liquids (including oil), people who work with water, like the guy who trucks water out to your cistern (if you live in one of those parts of the country), sewage works, water workers, people who dispense liquid beverages, merchant marines, sailors, fishermen, etc, plus change and instability.

In Natal Charts, men look at the Moon, women look at Sun. The Sun Oriental from the Horizon, meaning in the 4th, 5th, 6th or 10th, 11th and 12th Houses indicates an early marriage, or marriage to a younger man. The Sun Occidental, in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th or 9th means a later marriage or marriage to someone older.

We don't look at the Moon in relation to the Horizon, rather we look at the Moon in relation to the Sun. A Conjunctional Moon, being in the 1st or 2nd Quarters is Oriental and means an early marriage or marriage to a younger woman. A Preventional Moon, in it's 3rd or 4th Quarter is Occidental, indicating marriage later in life or to an older woman.

My Moon is in the 3rd Quarter about to square Sun. I married late, and then later (and will marry later still).

Moon in a Bicorporeal or Prolific Sign or in applying aspect to two or more Planets indicates more than one marriage. My Moon is in Pisces (Bicorporeal AND Prolific) and is applying 1° to Sun and 3° to Jupiter and I have had two marriages.

The Moon not in a Bicorporeal or Prolific Sign and not in applying aspects with other Planets indicates one marriage.

For women, Sun in a Bicorporeal or Prolific Sign or in applying aspect to one or more Oriental Planets indicates more than one marriage.

If that is not the case, then most likely the Native will marry only once.

Men (ignoring the Sun) look at the Moon's applying aspects. That describes their wives. Women look at any Planet in aspect with Sun to describe their husbands.

Both men and women then look to Planets in aspect to Venus (applying). I'm very fortunate in that Moon applies only to Jupiter (Angular, Direct and in Pisces) and Venus (in Cancer) applies only to Moon and Jupiter. I really can't say anything bad about my wives. They were great cooks, good house-keepers, good with children, very economical, an employer's dream, and otherwise good people.

Men don't want to see Moon applying to Saturn, or Venus to Mars.

Women don't want to see Sun with Mars or Venus, or Venus with Saturn or Mars. Mercury, well Mercury is a Common Planet so it depends on which Mercury shows up in the chart.

Hermes' Time of Marriage Lot is ASC + Moon - Sun which is the same as the Lot of Fortune in a Day Chart, so if you have a Day Chart, you can direct the Lot of Fortune for marriage. If you have a Night Chart, you can direct the Lot of Spirit (which is the same).

Often in a Solar Return, the 7th House coming to the Ascendant indicates a potential for marriage. Contrary to modern astrology we put the Solar Return inside and the Natal Chart outside. For one thing, there's absolutely no mistake about which House comes to the Ascendant in the Natal Chart. You have to be careful, because what appears to be the SR Ascendant coming to the Ascendant of the Natal Chart might actually be the 6th House.

To find the Marriage Ruler (or Lord of Marriage or Significator of Marriage or Almuten of Marriage whatever you want to call it) we calculate the Planet that has the greatest amount of Dignity in those Chart Points related to marriage. For example, I'd use the 7th House Cusp (20° Tau), 7th House Ruler (Venus at 4° Can), Moon for Men/Sun for Women (Moon at 7° Pis), Lot of Marriage (I use Hermes' 13° Ari) and Ruler Lot of Marriage 28° Ari, plus Venus (for both Men & Women) 4° Can (again). Then you set up a crude table:

...............Sign.......Exaltation.......Sect Triplicity.......Term
20° Tau.. Venus... Moon............. Venus................ Jupiter
04° Can.. Moon.... Jupiter........... Mars.................. Mars
07° Pis....Jupiter... Venus............ Mars.................. Venus
13° Ari.... Mars...... Sun............... Sun.................... Venus
28° Ari.... Mars...... Sun............... Sun.................... Saturn
04° Can.. Moon..... Jupiter.......... Mars................... Mars

Now, is there any one Planet that has Dignity in all those points? No, but if there was, that would be the Marriage Ruler. If Mars had Dignity in the 7th House Cusp, he would fit the bill. If Jupiter had Dignity in Mars and the Lot of Marriage, he would be the Marriage Ruler.

We add up the points, and Mars being Sign Ruler twice, Triplicity Ruler 3 times and Term Ruler twice wins. Mars is the Significator of Marriage.

So, Mars is the Lord of Marriage (or Marriage Ruler). If one Planet did not have Dignity in all of those Chart Points, then I would add up the Planets to which had the most Dignity.

I'd also point out that Mars is in Sign and Joys in the 6th House, but unfortunately for me, the 6th House is injunct the 1st and 7th House (which says a lot).

Okay, I was married on October 9, 1986 at Vejle, Denmark. Beautiful town (and people). May 26, 1962 is 24 years, 4 months and 13 days.

I use Ptolemy's arcs and if you can figure out his nonsense, then I tip my hat to you. Fortunately, Placidus did, so tip your hat to him and using Placidus Semi-Arc and the latitudes of the Significator and Promissor, we find Mars the Marriage Ruler comes to the sextile of Sun by direct Primary Direction in Zodiac, when?

October 4, 1986 at age 24.36 years. When we find the Arc of Direction, we convert:

24.36 degrees is 24 years. The 0.36 we multiply by 12 [months] giving us 4.32 or 4 months -- June, July, August, taking us to September 26.

The 0.32 we multiply by 30.5 [days] and get 9.76 days, so September 26 plus 9 days is actually October 5th.

Anyone want to quibble over 4 days?

It's a lot work, but the results are satisfying, and it is about the results, right?

By the way, there are no transits to Natal or Progressed, and the Solar Return has the 11th House Cusp on the Ascendant (that would be a difficult chart to read unless you were also looking at Profections which show the Profected 1st House).

Modern astrologers can eat their hearts out, and lest anyone do have doubts:

attachment.php

[extract from http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=282587#post282587 - Moderator]
Members don't see the above ad. Register now!
Four Modern Astrologers said Serial Killer John Wayne Gacy: "…can be very good with kids..." "...just your presence would be beneficial to other people..." "...a fairly well-rounded personality...you can offer a good role model..." "You have an instinctive awareness and your uninhibited response to life can refresh and gladden whomever you encounter."

Traditional Astrology Says: "...shows a strange mind and very wicked."

Gacy received 12 Death and 21 Life sentences for the murder of 33 boys.
Last edited by Neptune Rising; 05-22-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Potchari

Haha, oh my goodness! I'm so scared to calculate whether or not I'm going to marry at all! I'd have to spend hours trying to calculate that using that amazing quote you found (thank you SO much for that, btw).

I guess using my own chart to interpret what combination of signs is best for me won't be easy then? Lol.

JUPITERASC

Haha, oh my goodness! I'm so scared to calculate whether or not I'm going to marry at all! I'd have to spend hours trying to calculate that using that amazing quote you found (thank you SO much for that, btw).

I guess using my own chart to interpret what combination of signs is best for me won't be easy then? Lol.
Potchari, the idea is that, when you study BobZemco's advice and have thoroughly understood it, you shall then be easily able to apply it to your own chart - the quote is from this thread where there is more on the same subject http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36623 :smile: