The pursuer in Synastry.

Hanzzo

Hello to all.

Since i looked so many charts and done so much reading about the matter.
I will post my personal experiences to do a contribution for this community.

I see so many people wondering in Synastry who's the pursuer between the some sort of planetay aspects...

this is what i felt from my personall experiences.

Moon conjunct sun = Pursuer = Moon

Venus conjunct Sun = Pursuer = Venus

Pluto Conjunct Sun (only work in 1to 3 degrees) = Pursuer = Sun

Pluto Square Sun (only work with Exact to 1,50 degree) = Pursuer = Pluto

Mars conjunct Venus (independently of the gender )= Pursuer = Venus

Mars opposing venus (Mars have those jealous feellings high But) = Pursuer = Venus.

( from personal experience) i think mars embody some kind of phisical feature that venus is interested in)

Sun conjunct ascendant = Persuer = Ascendant

Mars Conjunct Ascendant = Persuer = Ascendant

Pluto conjunct venus = Persuer = definitly = Pluto (Altough conjunctions/squares and oppositions with pluto in my opinion only count in 0 to 2 degrees tight)

Oppositions are somewhat more powerfull regarding the initial atraction (unless the ascendant its envolve)

Many aspects that i realise that dont function as it should be is.

squares are not that powerfull for initial atraction (from personal experience)
Mars conjunct sun = its weird, no spark.

things that i would like to know, "From personal Experience" not from books or theory.

Sun Opposite moon = Pursuer?
Sun Opposite venus = Pursuer?

(I know that only planet positions its just one part of the puzzle in synastry.)
So i hope the first part of this could be more enlightening after this.

please submit personall experiences if you have.

SagiCap

This is interesting. Thanks for taking the time and posting. I didn't see how

could be true since Mars is the epitomy of action, especially physical and sexual. Why do you think this is true - experience?

SagiCap

Please tell me what you think of the following: (just conjuncts for now)

Mars conj Uranus
Mercury conj Venus
Moon conj Pluto
Sun conj Neptune
Sun conj Jupiter
Pluto conj Uranus!

Lion o ness

I will share the ones that I have experienced.

agree

agree

AGREE AGREE AGREE
Let me ask you, what if these aspects are in the composite and not the synastry... Then "who" is the purser?
===========================================
@ SagiCap.
Pluto conj Uranus!
I have had this one,being Pluto.
It was first pluto, then uranus, then pluto, then uranus...
You will me here??

Hanzzo

In my opinion, not every conjunction Promote to atraction to one side, i think only pluto-venus-sun or ascendant-sun-mars-venus-moon, uranus and Mercury have his function after the initial atraction fades away.
Dont get me wrong, mercury its like a deal breaker when it comes to long term relationship, i think the best is when it trines or sextile the partner mercury,
better the sextile , wich embody 2 diferent elements, in conjunction it shows like, the other one is about to say something and your not surprise cus you see it at the same way, so ... no stimulate conversation. (synastry speaking).

im very interested in oppositions for the moment.

one thing i know venus-mars opposition = top Pursuer = Venus (its even more powerfull then the conjunction)
anyway you can test it in astrotheme, you see wich celebrity have mars opposing your venus, and its incredible the way we say....." MY Type" right away :p

Please ppl post oppositions so we can learn more.

Neptune Rising

Interesting concept and thanks for sharing your ideas. I tend to agree with SagiCap, Mars/Venus, Mars would be the pursuer. From past experience, Mars/Venus = Mars has always been the pursuer.

The whole chart needs to be considered though rather than just one aspect. What else is Mars aspecting in the chart? What does the Venus person have aspecting their Venus in their chart? If for example, perhaps the Mars person had a Mars square Saturn, or Mars square Neptune, then I imagine they may not be so inclined to pursue the Venus person. However, if the Venus person had Venus trine/square Pluto, or Mars, they may be more inclined to pursue...

Last edited:

SagiCap

I tend to agree with SagiCap, Mars/Venus, Mars would be the pursuer. From past experience, Mars/Venus = Mars has always been the pursuer.

The whole chart needs to be considered though rather than just one aspect. What else is Mars aspecting in the chart? What does the Venus person have aspecting their Venus in their chart? If for example, perhaps the Mars person had a Mars square Saturn, or Mars square Neptune, then I imagine they may not be so inclined to pursue the Venus person. However, if the Venus person had Venus trine/square Pluto, or Mars, they may be more inclined to pursue...

That's very thorough and interesting.

I'd post a chart if anyone is interested. I know who the pursuer is in this case.

Hanzzo

And i agree with you.

All chart have to be in account, not isolated planetary aspects.

But we can deny the power of this conjunctions or oppositions.
And definitly if its isolated aspects we get the experiences posted. at least i did :p

One thing i notest in intra-aspects is, sun conjunct venus person, tends to attract sun square mars ppl.

Im not sure why anyway.

scorpittarian

My experience with the following aspects :

Moon conjunct sun = Pursuer = Moon - TRUE

Venus conjunct Sun = Pursuer = Venus - TRUE

Pluto Conjunct Sun = Pursuer = Sun - TRUE + FALSE
It didn't work that way with a boyfriend who had a natal sun/pluto conjunction. I, pluto, was the pursuer.

Pluto Square Sun = Pursuer = Pluto - NULL

Mars conjunct Venus = Pursuer = Venus - NULL

Mars opposing venus = Pursuer = Venus - FALSE.
It's Mars that lusts for venus. I was sexually abused by my friend's brother whose gemini mars opp my venus.

Sun conjunct ascendant = Pursuer = Ascendant - NULL

Mars Conjunct Ascendant = Pursuer = Ascendant - NULL

Pluto conjunct venus = Pursuer = definitly = Pluto - NULL

Mars conjunct sun = its weird, no spark - experienced it the same way. No sparks or fireworks.

My Sun's opposite my first flame's moon. However, my Moon was conjunct his Sun as well. I was the pursuer because he was a shy boy. He definitely liked me back though.
My dad's moon's in taurus & mom's sun's in scorpio. My dad was the pursuer.

No idea.

Hanzzo

Thank you very much for your replies.

great insight scorpitarian :D :)

i hope you continue to post your experiences.

yes something about oppositions that its not quite consistent, i experienced that aswell, but i didnt notice.

you will never know who's the pursuer in oppositions, problably the sign or house tell us more in the oppositions.

thanks a lot.

keep posting please, so we learn more :)

Kenoshamaensa

Offering my own thoughts on these, and in terms of "personal experience," I include what I've witnessed in other pairings.

My comments in purple.

Moon conjunct sun = Pursuer = Moon
Actually, in both cases I know of with a Moon-Sun conjunction, the SUN was the pursuer, regardless of the genders (in one case, Sun was the male, in the other, Sun was the female).

In a Moon-Sun sextile, it was the Moon, but I only have one case of that which is hardly a valid statistical sample. *grin* Then again, 2 isn't either.

Pluto Conjunct Sun (only work in 1-3 degrees) = Pursuer = Sun
True, although I believe you can and should widen that orb. Speaking from personal experience with a 4 degree orb, I definitely feel it. As this is both a conjunction and the sun, even to an outer planet, the orb can be a bit wider. I'll also add that Sun may pursue, but Pluto controls the situation.

Pluto Square Sun (only work with Exact to 1,50 degree) = Pursuer = Pluto

Mars opposing venus (Mars have those jealous feellings high But) = Pursuer = Venus.
( from personal experience) i think mars embody some kind of phisical feature that venus is interested in)
I would say this is the opposite, as noted by others below. Can't speak to conjunction or opposition, but a tight trine & sextile ... Mars pursues Venus.

Sun conjunct ascendant = Persuer = Ascendant

Pluto conjunct venus = Persuer = definitly = Pluto (Altough conjunctions/squares and oppositions with pluto in my opinion only count in 0 to 2 degrees tight)
Mars in aspect to Pluto, however, seems to have Mars as the pursuer, but with Pluto controlling the situation. Perhaps again, it's the active nature of Mars, against the more subtle Pluto, even in an "easy" aspect.

Oppositions are somewhat more powerfull regarding the initial atraction (unless the ascendant its envolve)

Many aspects that i realise that dont function as it should be is.

squares are not that powerfull for initial atraction (from personal experience)
Mars conjunct sun = its weird, no spark.
Can't speak to the conjunction, but my ex-husband (of 20+ years) had his Mars sextile my Sun. We also had (loose) Mars conjunctions. He was the pursuer (mostly) -- quite literally in one case. I'll share it as it's pretty funny. Back in college, I was in my car, driving through a dorm parking lot, and he decided to CHASE me on his bicycle, then bump into me from behind. Pretty "Mars," no? (The funny thing, I still wasn't sure he was interested in me, although my roommate, also in the car, looked over at me, raised her eyebrows and said, "You have got to be kidding. I'd say he's interested!" I still remember that [in part because she never let me forget it].)

Two friends have a Sun-Mars opposition, but the Sun was the pursuer.

In addition, my parents had a Mars/Moon-Mars conjunction, with Moon/Mars the pursuer. They were born with only 2 weeks between them, and Mars was retro for my father, who was just 2 weeks older, ergo, their Marses were practically on top of each other, and his Moon was in the mix. From everything I've ever heard from either of them, the attraction was pretty magnetic, especially for him.

things that i would like to know, "From personal Experience" not from books or theory.

Mars conj Uranus
Mercury conj Venus -- IME, this doesn't create romantic attraction so much as mental connection.
Moon conj Pluto -- Moon (same as Sun), but again, Pluto controls the situation
Sun conj Neptune -- I know of only one case of this, and Neptune pursed, but it was a very problematic relationship with lots of "rescuer" and eventual deception, so I don't find this a very good aspect. Neptune in hard aspect in synastry (ime) to inner planets is trouble. The only possible exception might be a Mercury-Neptune conj., where Neptune can inspire Mercury ... but Neptune might also deceive Mercury (intentionally or not).
Sun conj Jupiter -- Sun (know of 2 cases, Sun pursued in both)
Pluto conj Uranus! ... I would say this doesn't matter, as these are generational aspects and will fit LOTS of people, so disregard synastry between outer planets. I'm even skeptical of much Jupiter-Saturn. But the outer planets only affect if they touch an inner planet or light.

Hanzzo

well thank you very much for your insight :)

i personally dont believe in sextiles or trines can create atraction.
but thats me.

about the venus - mars,

its curious how this can play diferent results. (evaluating by your experiences)

in my case it allways have been, venus the persuer when i experience those contacts.

keep posting people :)

SagiCap

I will share the ones that I have experienced.

agree

agree

AGREE AGREE AGREE
Let me ask you, what if these aspects are in the composite and not the synastry... Then "who" is the purser?
===========================================
@ SagiCap.
Pluto conj Uranus!
I have had this one,being Pluto.
It was first pluto, then uranus, then pluto, then uranus...
You will me here??

No. Not really able to guess exactly what you experienced. Share if you wish.

Skyview site says:

"Pluto conjunction Uranus:
What does it mean to your relationship when your natal Pluto is in conjunction to your partner's Uranus? Your romantic relationship has more than one level of interaction between you and your romantic partner. This can be a turbulent atmosphere where both partners experience transformation through inspiration and inner vision as well as an intense, spontaneous sexuality. You will make profound changes in your life amidst emotional turmoil and unexpected upheavals on this karmic thrill ride."

zona967

Banned
It might be proper to think only of Mars as the pursuer since that's the planet that represents our action drive. Venus and Moon want things but they make Mars go get them. The better Venus and Moon feel (such as in conjunction with the Sun provided their condition in the chart is not too bad), the more they'll urge Mars to go get the source for them. If Mars is in a terrible condition in the chart, the person may be burning with desire but they will not pursue. Or they'll make a few attempts and then give up especially if there are no supporting planets in the other person's chart to that Mars. "I want her, I want her, ****, what can I do to impress her? I can do this and that, but she doesn't seem to be interested." Then he makes a couple of attempts, he fails and despairs and he's like "she hates me or she doesn't even know I exist." His Moon and Venus are deeply touched but his poor Mars makes no contacts to planets in her chart. His only hope would be that her Mars touches something in his chart, and that, of course, she is interested in him too to get Mars going in the first place. And then you have gender stereotypes: "Oh, I'm a lady, a lady does not pursue," and this couple is doomed. The guy is devastated, his heart is broken but that's just it.

Onyxstar

Interesting research and contribution but I'm wary of cookie cutter analyses in astrology since an approach to love - and how one pursues - is first and foremost dependent on the natal chart. For example one would think that a Mars in Aries individual would be a pursuer but if that Mars aspects Saturn that might not be the case, as Saturn would temper Mars.

Very interested in this topic, as I am usually a bit passive-aggressive in relationships, and have Neptune in my 5th, so romantic issues are always a bit foggy for me, unless the female is particularly aggressive.

I also have trouble seeing Venus as the aggressor unless she's in an aggressive sign (e.g. Aries, Taurus, Leo,Scorpio,Sage). My last gf was very persistent (and very patient) in pursuing me, and had her Venus in 7th in a wide opposition to my Mars in 1st. But it was her Mars in Taurus exactly conjuncting my Mercury in 10th which heated up our professional convoes(which she would usually initiate) and took it to another level.

So, I would say, to identify the pursuer, you should look to Mars, first and foremost, especially in the sense that most people would like to be pursued, which is aggressively, and passionately. The opposite of Mars would be Venus and her most aggressive way of pursuing would be to look as drop-dead gorgeous, in the most killer outfit she could find, and put herself in a position for the pursued to see her, and hope he catches the hint. But it all too often reads like an 80's high school movie, where the guy doesn't notice the girl, until she does something drastic (like the one where the girl cross dresses like a guy to get close to a guy).

Anyway, I would have to go back and look at my exes charts, but what set them apart was, they all aggressively pursued me, and were persistent, patient, and they all made the 1st move, which is a pretty Martian thing to do!

The tricky thing about pursuer/pursuee is that sometimes the roles may be reversed! The pursuer may get tired of chasing, and suddenly the other party is interested, and they're doing the chasing! But all in all, off the top of my head, at least with the Venus opposite my Mars gf, she was pretty upfront about what she wanted, as she was very into my physical appearance.

My latest attraction was my Moon conjuncting her Sun, and again, a weird flip, as I was pursuing (albeit cautiously, like a secret crush), and it turns out, she was more into me!(and more dramatic about it) And Pluto is conjuncting our moon/sun thing, so it ended being a weird obsessive thing, esp with her Mars in Scorpio, but i think that's for the "femme fatale" thread..

All in all, I would look at aspects with Mars 1st, then Sun, and finally Pluto, to see who wants who more.

Last edited:
Ok, looked at my 3 ex's charts:
1st: Her Venus is conjunct her Mars, so that would be a unique different kind of Venus, where the energy blends, and this "Martian" Venus will go after what she wants. But generally, Venus likes to be passive and wait.
This gf's Sun and Mercury conjuncted my Mars. Again, these are all masculine planets. She made the 1st move, then I would chase, but when I stopped chasing, she would make a move, so, I think any conjunction is a sign the feelings may be mutual!

With the 2nd gf, her Mercury conjuncted my Pluto in 3rd, similar to the 1st gf whose Mars/Venus also conjuncted my Pluto. I would propose, that any personal planet conjuncting a person's Pluto, has been sucked into his gravitational field. So although the personal planet is pursuing, it could be moreso that Pluto is actually pulling them in. (Kind of a case where the hunter is actually being hunted!)

3rd gf, her Mars was quincunx my Pluto, and I see quincunxes as fated, or karmic, destined meetings. And again, her Mars conjuncted my Mercury in 10th, so I would look to Mars and Mercury to see who would initiate the 1st convo.

But hey, sometimes, the feelings are just mutual, and the relationship is destined. Sometimes charts just click, and it just happens, bc it's meant to. So if you're stuck too much on who's pursuing who, then it may just be that someone is playing games and it's not destined to be serious. Personally, I find conjunctions in synastry to be most significant, where you two "conjoin" as one, so to speak. If there are any Ascendant conjunctions, that definitely spells the possibility of a physical "conjunction" on the horizon. Just speaking from experience!

Last edited: