Spica in horary

Francesca

Does anyone have an opinion on what the exact conjunction of Spica to the ascendant of an horary might mean? Would it have an ameliorating effect on a negative outcome? Or is it not really significant? Thanks

pwadm

Staff member
Blessed be the querent! :)

Spica on the Ascendant is highly relevant as it is a powerful fixed star. But it doesn't necessarily portend a positive outcome to the horary. Just indicates that the querent is lucky, blessed, happy - in a most positive condition/state of mind.

SagiCap

Well, here's an example.

I find this odd, Radu. I just asked if I'll be able to attend my friend's Caribbean wedding. I have Spica exact conjunct my ascendant. I have both Moon and my sig, Venus in fall. I don't feel lucky in general, lol!

Link here (just for info purposes - no need to analyze/don't want to hijack this thread):
Will_i_go_to_st_lucia_for_ms_weddin.gif

Last edited:

Casey729

Whoa... I asked a question at almost the same time you did and the chart`s AC fell in 23'45 Libra. Suppose we`ll just be happy regardless. Shrug... Too little, too late - the Moon would`ve applied to Venus had I asked a little earlier. I`m curious though, will you let me know if you DO go? Although my question was of a different nature and Mars is one of the significators in my case, but still...

Casey729

Just found: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Arcturus - [23 degrees of Libra] Renown through self determination, fortune through travel, lasting success, hot tempered. Thought of your possible trip.
[/FONT]

dr. farr

Spica and Arcturus are most benefic star influences, anywhere they have a connection; however, although I attribute powerful modifying influence to the stars (moreso than most-my nickname could be Fixed-star Farr), I do believe that negative influences in a given horary could possibly over-ride the positive stellar influences of stars like Spica and Arcturus, with the result of a negative outcome for the matter under consideration in that horary.

SagiCap

Whoa... I asked a question at almost the same time you did and the chart`s AC fell in 23'45 Libra. Suppose we`ll just be happy regardless. Shrug... Too little, too late - the Moon would`ve applied to Venus had I asked a little earlier. I`m curious though, will you let me know if you DO go? Although my question was of a different nature and Mars is one of the significators in my case, but still...

I love your attitude! Thank you for helping me see the good. :cool:

And of course, I will make sure to let you know if I end up going. I will remember - let's compare notes. What was your initial question, if I may ask.The wedding is not until November though. :)

Last edited:

SagiCap

Just found: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Arcturus - [23 degrees of Libra] Renown through self determination, fortune through travel, lasting success, hot tempered. Thought of your possible trip.
[/FONT]

Ummm woah! FORTUNE? LASTING SUCCESS? Why am I not packing??

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice)
(Following is based on whole sign format)

I take the 1st house as querent = Libra = Venus significator
-and the 9th house (long journey) as quesited = Gemini = Mercury significator
-Mercury chases Venus = + testimony
-Moon flees both significators = - testimony
-Moon squares one but sextiles the other significator = neutral testimony
-Venus in fall, but Spica at asc = one negative, one positive = net neutral testimony
So, adding all the testimonies, the net result is: neutral, and that's the "answer" I'd have for this chart, ie, "maybe" (not much of an answer!) In such mixed-result, neutral answer horaries, the question can be re-asked after a short period of time.

Note: by the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball method:
-taking the asc as significator = Libra = Venus = a "yes" answer by the 8 Ball
-taking the 9th as significator (which is what I would have done if applying the 8 Ball) = Gemini = Mercury = a "yes" answer (again) by the 8 Ball "rules".

Casey729

My question was of a lovey-dovey origin. And, yet another "whoa", I`ll be seeing him end of October - November. I`ll let you know if anything transpires.

Last edited:

Casey729

I thought that degree looked familiar... Not only my progressed POF is 22 Libra, my SR AC is 23 Libra. And I`ve never heard of Spica until a week ago. Must be some astrologically inclined guardian angel is "There, there.."-ing me since my 5 deg Cancer Venus is dodging bullets from this whole eager gang: Pluto, Saturn, soon to be Uranus and Jupiter (that`s probably when I`ll start giggling feverishly at the whole circus). Besides, this summer`s eclipses were smack on my Venus and then Sun. Holy smokes. (Did I just highjack this thread?...)

Last edited:

dr. farr

Dr. Farr, what if Mars was a significator? Same chart. What`s your take?

I still would get a mixture of testimonies:
-Mercury chases Mars: +
-Moon flees both Mercury and Mars:-
-Moon squares Mercury (no aspect with Mars):-
-Asc with Spica: +
Adding up, 2+ and 2-: same "maybe" answer!

SagiCap

I was just wondering if Dr. Farr could post the yes/no values of the planets in 8-ball. This I know:

Saturn - No
Sun - Yes?
Jupiter - Yes
Venus - Yes
Mercury - ?
Mars - No
Moon - ?

dr. farr

Thanks Casey729 for posting the link to the 8Ball method (another explaining the experimental method is in the Horary Techniques section under "Magic 8 Ball Technique")
The allocations (of the planet ruling the sign of the signifying house of the horary question) are:
Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter = "yes"
Moon = "maybe"
Mars, Saturn = "no"
Exception: South Node (Dragon's Tail) in any sign (of the signifying house) = "no" (regardless of planetary ruler of that sign)

I also would like any update on the status of the trip to St. Lucia...

SagiCap

Thanks Casey729 and dr. farr!

My friend's wedding is not until mid-November and I am not anxious to go. I would like to but I feel uncomfortable to plan and go - the cost is rising by the day and I don't have a partner to go with. All my friends are bringing someone. I feel I can go if I really want to, but I don't want to spend a 4 days in paradise without a partner with all my friends with the love of their lives. lol. Does not sound like it's even healthy for me at the stage I've been feeling lately.

I will update more if anything changes for the sake of the learning. :) Thanks for asking.

SagiCap

Hi All,

I was doing a search on Spica conj. Querent and this popped up so I thought I'd update the chart seeing as Saturn Rx is currently near Spica. I've seen lots of charts with this lately.

To illustrate the effect of Spica, I guess you could say I was blessed not to go. I was indeed lucky that I didn't go. The wedding location was changed and I ended up not ever seeing this couple or that group of friends again. Something happened where either one moved, or something, ... etc. So we could say that the Querent was good as is. Not going actually saved me a couple thousand as well.