Keep waking up at the same time every night

retinoid

I wake up always around 2:30-3:30 and I always have very vivid dreams. Sometimes when I wake up i feel like something else is there...but I get so tired again that I fall right to sleep. Last night I felt someone rub my leg and I kicked the leg and said get off. Not scared just nonchalantly. Two other times I woke up and thought I saw a shadow of a person (the light was left on by accident) and another time I was SURE there was a bright blue orb near me. All times I woke up and fell back to sleep. But it happens every night. In Chinese medicine these times are ruled by the emotions and are caused by discontent and sadness which is what I have right now so it could be an emotional thing. Western medicine says it is an internal clock that keeps waking you up.

Only times I didn't wake up is when I use heavy tranquilizers that suppress REM sleep (dream cycle) but they wear off and even taking them I then continue to wake up at this time. I do believe it may be an emotional issue due to the large amount of frustration I have right now and perhaps spirits are around me and I am more aware. I do not get 'scared' by the way, it is sort of a feeling of normalcy. So perhaps my state of mind is more accepting of such things than when in total consciousness or perhaps it is a feeling of loneliness causing delusions.

JerryRR

Hi James,
This may signify some form of spiritual emergence.
I notice you have t Pluto to r Neptune.
Pluto to Neptune.
refined spiritual life,great sensitivity,active imagination,subject to illusion,unusual experience,transcendental inclinations,spirituality.
Ebertin -Transits.

Wayne Dyer talks about this time period on one of his audio tapes.

Traditionally this time period is "The Witching Hour."

J.R

miquar

Hi retinoid. Have you looked at which transits and progressions have accompanied all this? Also, if you're looking into the meanings of different times of the day, you might need to take into account any daylight saving time that your country might be using at the moment, and perhaps even using local time rather than just your general zone time.

If I were you I'd probably want to consult a medium to ask if a spirit of some kind is trying to make a connection. Or if you're into Horary, you could even ask that as a querent.

poyi

Premium Member
Hi James,
Pluto to Neptune.
refined spiritual life,great sensitivity,active imagination,subject to illusion,unusual experience,transcendental inclinations,spirituality.
Ebertin -Transits.

J.R

In Chinese we also believe around that time period evil spirits are most active.

retinoid

Yes I wonder if spirits are trying to connect to me in some manner. I don't want to deal with them though have no interest. I want a happy material and emotional life, I would denounce the illusory spiritual world for that :)

retinoid

Hi retinoid. Have you looked at which transits and progressions have accompanied all this? Also, if you're looking into the meanings of different times of the day, you might need to take into account any daylight saving time that your country might be using at the moment, and perhaps even using local time rather than just your general zone time.

If I were you I'd probably want to consult a medium to ask if a spirit of some kind is trying to make a connection. Or if you're into Horary, you could even ask that as a querent.

The transit that seems to coincide with this is pluto transiting the 8th which conjuncts my saturn, neptune and uranus...it hasn't always happened, it just recently started happening (like the past 3yrs-4 or so)...also a feeling of not wanting to be alone. Pluto will still be in Capricorn for a few more years though :( However good news is I don't think these 'spirits' are evil necessarily. More like wanting me to notice them.

Last edited:

retinoid

Hi James,
Pluto to Neptune.
Ebertin -Transits.

J.R

I don't know, what should I do when it happens?...I kind of want to find a new tranquilizer...the Monoamine oxidase inhibitors supposedly totally repress REM sleep, if I take those with a low dose benzodiazepine I should be able to totally block any dreams and not have to deal with any spiritual things. My emotional and material life are riddled with problems as it is, vivid dreams and waking up at this time only makes things worse! As I said before, when i take tranquilizing anti depressants or anti anxiety or sleep hypnotics they repress dreams (like I wake up in the morning not feeling like I dreamed) but they wear off quickly and then the same stuff happens again.

Last edited:

StillOne

I've had insomnia for years. Sometimes I wake up at the same time for periods on end. I have a few conclusions from what I've learned.

• Don't drink alcohol, it'll make your sleep eratic.
  • Make sure you're getting enough exercise.
  • Eat a smaller dinner so your digestive system doesn't have to work so hard at night.
  • Meditate to help still and soothe that overactive mind.
  • Get off all the sleeping drugs. Get to know yourself at a deeper level to where you know what you need. Consider looking into Auyerveda for ideas on balancing your nature.
  • Try a banana at bedtime. Also there are some good Yogi Teas that help promote sleep.

That being said, I do think that waking up at a specific time can promote a search for something you may feel that's missing. I know you've been very interested in the spiritual subject as of late so maybe it has something to do with that. I know for some people when they finally get on their path, the adjustment can affect sleep patterns since the body is usually not in harmony with the mind and spirit. It takes awhile for that to happen I'm thinking... I'm still working on it.

Last edited:

retinoid

I've had insomnia for years. Sometimes I wake up at the same time for periods on end. I have a few conclusions from what I've learned.

• Don't drink alcohol, it'll make your sleep eratic.
  • Make sure you're getting enough exercise.
  • Eat a smaller dinner so your digestive system doesn't have to work so hard at night.
  • Meditate to help still and soothe that overactive mind.
  • Get off all the sleeping drugs. Get to know yourself at a deeper level to where you know what you need. Consider looking into Auyerveda for ideas on balancing your nature.
  • Try a banana at bedtime. Also there are some good Yogi Teas that help promote sleep.

That being said, I do think that waking up at a specific time can promote a search for something you may feel that's missing. I know you've been very interested in the spiritual subject as of late so maybe it has something to do with that. I know for some people when they finally get on their path, the adjustment can affect sleep patterns since the body is usually not in harmony with the mind and spirit. It takes awhile for that to happen I'm thinking... I'm still working on it.

Well I did a tarot and horary for this problem...

The tarot was:
current situation-Ace of Pentacles
what is hurting it-five of cups
what can help it-five of swords reversed
the outcome-the high priestess

Now the tarot is picking up on a new realization I had...spiritually I was agnostic and felt very DETACHED from the world. Like almost like everything was a screen. God was separate...or didn't exist. Now I have become so 'connected' and no longer feel the need to pray or say mantras, just connect. Very odd really, like the force in star wars or what not. Which I always felt but now I feel more so...So the tarot was picking up on this new path I am on. Which is a good path. What is hurting it is the negative thinking and feeling very depressed still in the MIND and what is helping it is to 'move on' from the past and past defeats (5 of swords-r)...this will lead to the high priestess.

I also did a horary: Which is below. It says I am Saturn, which is rx and exalted. So is doubly strong. In the 10th house, house of authority, career etc. I have no affliction by any 'occult' forces or what not. However the moon is in the 9th and is conjunct mars (ruler of the 4th house of deep emotions and past) and is afflicted by the Sun (ruler of the 10th house of obstacles, occult, etc.) Which tells me the situation is of a mental nature that is causing the insomnia and what not. Though I may have indeed been visited, it isn't the root of the problem.

With that being said, I am going to a therapist tomorrow and am taking GABA+glumaine to relieve anxiety issues (I am deficient in the GABA neurotransmitter). Remember people, just because you are healing spiritually does not mean you can heal yourself MENTALLY...the mental is controlled by the brain, an organ. Someone with a heart defect or AIDS or cancer cannot heal themselves purely because they are meditating or doing yoga.

Attachments

• horary2.gif
    horary2.gif
    56.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

StillOne

Remember people, just because you are healing spiritually does not mean you can heal yourself MENTALLY...the mental is controlled by the brain, an organ. Someone with a heart defect or AIDS or cancer cannot heal themselves purely because they are meditating or doing yoga.
If you say so! :wink:

Oh, naps... that's what I forgot in my first post. Don't take naps.

Last edited:

retinoid

If you say so! :wink:

Oh, naps... that's what I forgot in my first post. Don't take naps.

Well last night I went to bed at 2am and figured I wouldn't wake up. I woke up with a twitch and I said in my head 'fine I will help it will take a while'. Have no idea what that means. I thought it was 5-6am but it was 3 am and I didn't go back to sleep so I am exhausted. Tonight will be better. Going to meditate before bed. :)

retinoid

Last night I meditated a little, and am bringing the GABA levels in my body up through supplementation which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter and helps calm the mind (something I am in low in through tests I have done)...and I feel a little better. Didn't wake up last night and I did dream but forgot them. So so far so good (for a day)....

StillOne

Last night I meditated a little, and am bringing the GABA levels in my body up through supplementation which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter and helps calm the mind (something I am in low in through tests I have done)...and I feel a little better. Didn't wake up last night and I did dream but forgot them. So so far so good (for a day)....
I used to supplement with GABA as well. You may want to consider L-Theanine also. There is one company that sells a supplement called "Power to Sleep" that may be worth looking into as it seems to have a good mix, although it is expensive.

However, I gave up all sleep supplementation since it seems you eventually build tolerance. I found it better to try and root out the problem instead of masking it. I work unusual hours so it's tough to keep a healthy schedule but I'm starting to figure it out.

I recently got a great Auyervedic Cookbook called Eat, Taste and Heal. It suggested for my type of dosha (constitution) that I eliminate naps altogether. Also, that I can be fine with 6-7 hours of sleep as long as it's uninterrupted. It also recommended a few dietary changes that I'm trying to make. So far so good.

Best of luck to you Retinoid!

Oh, also wanted to mention that it seems good to turn off the computer an hour or so before going to bed. Seems the computer screen can have an energizing effect.

Last edited:

retinoid

I used to supplement with GABA as well. You may want to consider L-Theanine also. There is one company that sells a supplement called "Power to Sleep" that may be worth looking into as it seems to have a good mix, although it is expensive.

However, I gave up all sleep supplementation since it seems you eventually build tolerance. I found it better to try and root out the problem instead of masking it. I work unusual hours so it's tough to keep a healthy schedule but I'm starting to figure it out.

I recently got a great Auyervedic Cookbook called Eat, Taste and Heal. It suggested for my type of dosha (constitution) that I eliminate naps altogether. Also, that I can be fine with 6-7 hours of sleep as long as it's uninterrupted. It also recommended a few dietary changes that I'm trying to make. So far so good.

Best of luck to you Retinoid!

Oh, also wanted to mention that it seems good to turn off the computer an hour or so before going to bed. Seems the computer screen can have an energizing effect.

Yes I ordered theanine. I am actually trying to correct a chemical imbalance, I am not using it specifically for sleeping. I was constantly 'anxious'. Good idea about the computer (i sleep with my lap top next to me). I need some noise when I am going to sleep.

Cascada

Strange. My friend is the same, exact she wakes up roughly 3am every morning (woo, spooky, the devils hour :devil: ). It's set into your subconscious mind, you know it's going to happen so it happens- self-fulfilling prophecy ;)

Maybe you should bless your room, or call upon Archangel Michael (if this is in your belief system, of course) if you're worried. It'll pass. The more attention you give it, the more it seems to grow and become worse.

Last edited:

retinoid

Strange. My friend is the same, exact she wakes up roughly 3am every morning (woo, spooky, the devils hour :devil: ). It's set into your subconscious mind, you know it's going to happen so it happens- self-fulfilling prophecy ;)

Maybe you should bless your room, or call upon Archangel Michael (if this is in your belief system, of course) if you're worried. It'll pass. The more attention you give it, the more it seems to grow and become worse.

Yeah it doesn't happen anymore now that I have gotten over severe depression issues. I asked the tarot and it clearly said the reason why I wake up is due to depression and horary astrology alluded the same...it was odd though since I have had issues with the astral before. But this time it was purely emotional stress!

*emma*

Banned
I have identified a pattern, if I wake middle of the night and watch some telly and go back to sleep I always have nightmares, including some of those where you think someone or something is hitting you

I put it all down to disturbed sleep at the time when you are supposed to be having the deepest

I have meditatedabout dreams lately and come to the conclusion dreams are a reflection of the conscious everyday world and a kind of replay,and mushung so many thoughts into a film, and not the unconscious life

having said that ive had recurrent dreaks with the same theme that i cant get rid off, i will start a thread
sorry i seem to be taking this off topic, for the record OP this bright blue light, my mother told me once she looked in on me when sleeping and saw this, its a protective thing in any case

Last edited: