12th / 6th house Axis And 21st Century Slavery But What Exactly IS 'Slavery'?

JUPITERASC

I think many people are beginning to feel like slaves. Even if they are not in debt, they are compelled...or feel like they are compelled...to constantly exist in a state that they do not like. We need to remind our selves that the keys are hanging right next to us. The world doesn't have to be like this.
Very few - if any of us - are completely debt-free :smile:
To me, it can mean persons in bondage: legal, financial, marital,

fettered by chronic disease, debts, etc;

also "wage slaves" locked into jobs they dislike but from which then cannot free themselves;

to me it can also mean bondage to habits/compulsions/obsessions, from which it is not easy to free oneself

LeoMars

Haha 2nd house is money's slave but not necessarily anyone's slave. 6th house is the obvious one.

10th house is career and social status, and is nothing worthy unlike the 9th that is about the spiritual and philosophy.

Not really. Possible synastries aside and ignoring transits some people just DON'T have any affiliations with any house from their natal birth. Fair enough for stelliums.

Sometimes certain placements can still be studied quite accurately without the rest of the chart in mind.

Maybe you feel sad personally for having either the 6th or 12th (or lucky you, both) but that's alright as I understand.

Calm down.

Using the exact quote above, and taking it into literal context, it can be said that everyone and anyone suffers from the 12th house in that manner.

Aside from that, if you think about it, we all are enslaved by others one way or another. Just as everyone works for money (6th and 2nd), has beliefs (9th), has a creative and inspirational side (5th), has a family and neighbors (3rd and 4th), relationships (7th), aspirations (11th) and a personality (1st).

As Benjamin Franklin put it - "Nothing in life is certain, but death and taxes." What does this quote regard in astrological house matters? The 8th house.

Only the 10th is what some achieve. Though everyone has a status (respection level) or honor they want to uphold.

The point I'm trying to get to is that everyone has a bit of every house in their own chart. It's just that those with planets in a certain house, taps the power of that house and shows prominence in greater spoonfuls for every single individual.

So what does this say? No one should look to a house as a single matter, but rather take a chart as a whole. Sorry jupiterasc for going astray from your original topic.

JUPITERASC

Haha 2nd house is money's slave but not necessarily anyone's slave.....
Money is required in today's world by most people.

If one is born into a wealthy family then one is considered 'free' in contrast with those forced to do uncongenial work in order to obtain food, clothing, shelter/basic necessities of life e.g. 'wage slaves' :smile:

'...Bonded labour aka debt bondage is the most widely used method of enslaving people today - yet probably the least known form . A person whose labour is demanded as a means of repayment for a loan is a bonded labourer - tricked/trapped into working for very little or no pay, often for seven days a week. The value of their work is invariably greater than the original sum of money borrowed.

Bonded labour is not new and has existed for hundreds of years. In South Asia it's rooted in the caste system, flourishing in agriculture, cottage industries, and factories....'

'….Debt bondage used as a means of trapping indentured labourers into working on plantations in Africa, the Caribbean and South-East Asia, following the abolition of the slave trade.

Bonded labourers are forced to work to repay debts their employer says they owe, and are not allowed to work for anyone else. Various forms of force are used to ensure they stay. In many cases they are kept under surveillance, sometimes under lock and key.

Poverty, threats of violence, force many bonded labourers to stay with their masters, since they would not otherwise be able to eat/have a place to sleep....'

M

may28gemini

All that isn't really different from any other time in human history. On the physical level, we all need to eat, drink, have shelter, sleep or else we'd die. Generally, it's in our animal nature to seek out nourishment and comforts because of our bodily demands. I guess "slavery" is rooted first with the demands of the physical body found in the 6th house and then it triggers the 12 house by showing whatever decisions we make have consequences and can be the source of our undoing.

JUPITERASC

Slavery most definitely exists in today's world http://ranisvoice.org/?gclid=CJyYndbi97cCFcXKtAod3GEAuw
ANOTHER WEBSITE WITH MODERN DAY EXAMPLES OF SLAVERY https://www.freetheslaves.net/SSLPage.aspx?pid=301
If you get stuck on some of the concepts in traditional astrology, like slaves and grave robbers and such, just read Marcus Aurelius...

Meditations Book 8

"This thing, what is it in itself, in its own constitution? What is its substance and material? And what its causal nature (or form)? And what is it doing in the world? And how long does it subsist?"

What is a slave? An employee.Grave robbers? They're out there, don't you remember Hurricane Katrina?

Welfare people living with grandma; grandma dies; her death is never reported so welfare people can keep collecting grandma's social security checks and living in grandma's house.....everything is peachy until Katrina blows through......house is gone, and there is no possible way to claim the land, or damages, without also revealing grandma's dead....and opening themselves up to dozens of counts of theft and fraud....both State and federal crimes...ooops.

You don't have to be out in a cemetery digging up graves in the middle of the night to steal from the dead.

JUPITERASC

PRISONERS BEING EXPLOITED AS SLAVES

“When you make prisons into a profit, you drive the need for incarceration and that is not in the public interest.”

'....Corporate America realized there was money to be made reinstating slavery by replacing state run prisons and operating them on a for-profit basis exploiting the prisoners as slave labor.

Aided and abetted by politicians eager to reduce, if not eliminate federal and state governments by privatizing their activities and selling off their assets to reduce debt,

corporations such as Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) began contracting with various states to house their prison inmates.

Amazingly, the corporations insisted on
- and many states agreed to -
so-called lock-up quotas
:smile:
requiring states to pay penalties
if they failed to send enough people to prison to keep the prisons full....' Frederick leatherman lawblog

JUPITERASC

' Corruption in the form of financial kickbacks to judges for keeping prisons full of inmates,
whether they deserve to be in prison or not, has already happened.
A couple of years ago, for example, two juvenile court judges in Pennsylvania were convicted of accepting kickbacks
from the developer of a privately owned juvenile detention center for sentencing over 3,000 children to draconian prison term.....'
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/kids-cash-film-review-657513

greybeard

I don't think we are going to do better than Dr. Farr's definition of slavery (and one of the primary contents of the 12th House.)

Sunny

Just a little sentence from a russian novelist: the best and successful slavery is then when you belive you are free.:innocent::tongue:
So, in what houses we can put it? For me, not so much in the 12th, but the 12th's ruler in the ASC, and that is Neptune in the First, because this illusion of freedom and freewill persists on your whole life. But yes, as always we have to look at the whole chart ....

poyi

Premium Member
I like and agree with dr Farr definition of Slavery.

My understanding to add on to those mentioned as:

As long as we living inside this physical body we are in slavery to satisfy all the needs of this body. We must do everything we could to keep this body alive and healthy or to simply gain pleasure. All our daily tasks the fundamental purpose is to survive and to keep our body happy in some ways.

JUPITERASC

Just a little sentence from a russian novelist: the best and successful slavery is then when you belive you are free.:innocent::tongue:
So, in what houses we can put it? For me, not so much in the 12th, but the 12th's ruler in the ASC, and that is Neptune in the First, because this illusion of freedom and freewill persists on your whole life. But yes, as always we have to look at the whole chart ...
Since slaves do not all have the same planets in First
then there is an alternative explanation

1iron0147b.jpg

debt-slavery-debt-money-slavery-demotivational-posters-1323346255.jpg

childlabor.jpg

slavery.jpg

the-new-slavery-banks.gif

JUPITERASC

I like and agree with dr Farr definition of Slavery.

My understanding to add on to those mentioned as:

As long as we living inside this physical body we are in slavery to satisfy all the needs of this body. We must do everything we could to keep this body alive and healthy or to simply gain pleasure. All our daily tasks the fundamental purpose is to survive and to keep our body happy in some ways
You have stated that the physical body is the cause of our slavery
so
one way to freedom is death
which offers freedom from the physical body...

although of course there is the sobering thought of reincarnation...
. :smile:

A few pictorial images illustrating the idea of '21st Century slavery'

Which now seems more connected with the 2nd house when the slavery is connected to poverty, debt

Prison slavery is clearly 12th house

images

poyi

Premium Member
You have stated that the physical body is the cause of our slavery
so
one way to freedom is death
which offers freedom from the physical body...

although of course there is the sobering thought of reincarnation...
. :smile:

A few pictorial images illustrating the idea of '21st Century slavery'

Which now seems more connected with the 2nd house when the slavery is connected to poverty, debt

Prison slavery is clearly 12th house

images

Both 6th and 12th houses are slavery in the worldly level when we are still in this body. But I also see the other fish as the ability to transcend from reincarnation that will finally set us freed from reincarnating back to this body. Death itself won't do much good when we have to come back again. But when the debt is paid or lessons learned, perhaps we can be freed from this cycle.

We could try to take 12th house as the 1st house then 6th is his spouse, 2nd house would be his friends/allies 11th, 8th house would be his lover!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

To me, it can mean persons in bondage: legal, financial, marital, fettered by chronic disease, debts, etc; also "wage slaves" locked into jobs they dislike but from which then cannot free themselves; to me it can also mean bondage to habits/compulsions/obsessions, from which it is not easy to free oneself.

I don't think we are going to do better than Dr. Farr's definition of slavery (and one of the primary contents of the 12th House.)
By the way,
Sunny has just added ignorance to dr. farr's definition
If we are unaware of being enslaved
then escape is unlikely :smile:
Just a little sentence from a russian novelist: the best and successful slavery is then when you believe you are free.:innocent::tongue:
So, in what houses we can put it? For me, not so much in the 12th, but the 12th's ruler in the ASC, and that is Neptune in the First, because this illusion of freedom and freewill persists on your whole life. But yes, as always we have to look at the whole chart ....
As to which houses
we can add that
debt slavery would involve 2nd/8th house axis

JUPITERASC

12th house is slavery in the worldly level when we are still in this body. But I also see the other fish as the ability to transcend from reincarnation that will finally set us freed from reincarnating back to this body. Death itself won't do much good when we have to come back again. But when the debt is paid or lessons learned, perhaps we can be freed from this cycle.
in each lifetime we act in ways which necessitate learning more lessons
so that could take some time
We could try to take 12th house as the 1st house then 6th is his spouse, 2nd house would be his friends/allies 11th, 8th house would be his lover!
Derived houses sometimes tend to 'add mud to the water'/obscure but that is an interesting idea

If 12th is First, then 11th is 12th
so friends/allies = slaves/slavery
If 12th is First then also 6th is 7th
so partnerships = slavery/slaves :smile:

mossadrai

Since people get too attached to the meaning of the word "slavery" and some tend to say that this is something from the past (which is not, of course), maybe it is more interesting to change the keyword for the 6th as "servants". Maybe this aids in comprehension of its meaning, and make people think outside of the "slave" conceptual frame.

poyi

Premium Member
Derived house is very interest and extremely important which we use the same thing in Chinese System as well. One chart shows all the people and matters around one's life. It is through the derived houses you can see your grandparents, and relatives so as everything else in your life.

The relationship of 6th house, as an experiment, I mentioned in the other thread, taking 6th house as the first, 3rd of 6th is 8th house, then 10th would be 5th what 6th house loves and fantasized, status, recognition, authority over others to do that, 6th house will have to learn to sacrifice oneself 12th house, 7th of 6th to achieve the goal.

The original 1st house became the 8th house of 6th, we are in debt to the 6th, or the 6th house is in debt to us? Interesting.

The philosophy of work or philosophy of service and health, will have 2nd house as the 9th, at the end both Wealth and Health are similar, our own possession. While the original 9th house is the home of 6th, perhaps our daily works is built upon the foundation of our high mind and believe system etc.

At last, 5th house will be the 12th house of 6th, when you have too much fun, the 6th house will suffer for health, work, daily tasks will be disordered.

Edited: I don't think anything had changed very much in today's world. One interesting thing though because of the class system, slaves for generations will not be able to climb up to 10th house no matter how much they fancy that status (in the past they do treat their masters as God, in Egypt particularly). These days, we have a little more chance to research that status but yet a master is a slave to something else higher than himself and indeed depending on his slaves to survive.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Since people get too attached to the meaning of the word "slavery" and some tend to say that this is something from the past (which is not, of course),
As the originator of this thread, my intention is to discuss specifically 21st CENTURY SLAVERY
and the thread title clearly highlights that slavery is NOT 'something from the past'
maybe it is more interesting to change the keyword for the 6th as "servants". Maybe this aids in comprehension of its meaning, and make people think outside of the "slave" conceptual frame.
as stated clearly on the thread title as well, the thread is intended as a discussion place for the word 'slavery'
and it's MEANING in today's world

Since clearly servants serve different masters
so
some 'servants' are more 'slaves' than 'servants'

then let's discuss how 'servants' ARE often in fact 'slaves'

JUPITERASC

So the keyword for the 6th remains 'slaves'/'slavery'
APPEARING IN THE FORM OF
servants
partners
wives
parents who are 'slaves to their children'
work
the individual when 'enslaved' by various obsessions including drugs, as dr. farr has described