question about time

WorldSpice

i just made a chart (and have put that in the relating section of this horary string), but I am having a hard time with the time of the question...because
venus is less then a degree from the dc.....venus is the significator of the querent, the first house and it happens to be so close to the dc that i am not sure which house to use for answering the time span of this question....
if interpret this officially as a 6th house ruled (cadent house with a cardinal sign) then it will take 5 years
but even here i am not sure exactly what this means the time period needed to play out the question...
this is a relationship issue for me

or because it so close to the 7th does it become a angular house/cardinal sign time answer
that would be days instead....

here is the chart in case anyone wants to have brief look

also i need to understand what this time thing actually means
is it how long the relationship will last, or how long it will take to work things out or make the relationshp work....

very confusing

thanks

Attachments

• astro_2gw_97_is_this_relationship_going_to_work_out_f.3377.32003.gif
    astro_2gw_97_is_this_relationship_going_to_work_out_f.3377.32003.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 32

Quetzlcoatl

Looks good to me. Probably terminal...in the positive sense: an LTR. You're both going to have to commit and work really hard at it, and always be willing to admit that you were wrong.

WorldSpice

HI Quetzlcoatl, wow that was fast. Ya, I can see that already. But that is kind of normal is that not in most relationships. We must work hard at them and be able to admit when we are wrong. Or should I try to date someone else?
I have not had much luck in this department. I have saturn in aquarius at 29 d in my seventh house. I tried the older guy thing and that did not work out for me. I met many lovely men and had some good relationships and some bad ones but they were never meant to be cause something would happen and get in the way.
All relationships have challenges right? So, why would this one be any different.
I guess, I should try or I might end up all by myself. Ya, I am already 44 and have never been able to get myself to get married because I was always searching for the right person. Thanks for answering. I do have a question. Time period factor. I do not understand how that works and what the significance of it is entirely. Cause venus is so close to the 7th house right, but officially it would be in the 6th house. So, the timing of the question or the issue is it going to be a cadent/cardinal time or a angular/cardinal time....
So, will I start seeing results in 60 days or in 5 years (60 months divided by 12 is 5 years sheesh).

thanks

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
venus is less then a degree from the dc.....venus is the significator of the querent, the first house and it happens to be so close to the dc that i am not sure which house to use for answering the time span of this question....
Two things. First to say that traditionally, any planet within five degrees of a house cusp is considered within that house. So judge Venus as if she were inside of the Seventh.

Secondly, Venus conjoined with the Descendant is not a consideration of fulfilment, but desire so has no real effect on timing.

WorldSpice

hi, Kaiousei no Senshi, thanks for your reply, oh i was not aware of that, but i was more concerned about the timing....desire on his part or my part...cause that is the house that rules him the quesited the relationship, or desire on both our part for a good relationship.
thanks

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Yes, I'm aware you were concerned about timing, which is why I was trying to point you off in another direction to look for it. ;) Venus's conjunction with the Descendant is not what you need to look for as it's not an argument for fulfilment, but one of desire. If Mars were applying an aspect to the Ascendant, however, that would be an argument of fulfilment, and so could possibly be used for timing. Other things could be applying aspects between the significators or the Moon's doings.

WorldSpice

hi now i am bit more confused then before so how do i find out the timing and outcome of my query for this chart then??????
i have posted this chart in relationship issues....

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
As I said above. By checking aspects between the querent's and quested's significator, checking aspects between the querent's significator and the quested's cusps, or by checking out the Moon.

However, since this is a question of "will this relationship work out", I'm not sure what timing would be necessary.

Quetzlcoatl

WorldSpice said:
HI Quetzlcoatl, wow that was fast. Ya, I can see that already. But that is kind of normal is that not in most relationships. We must work hard at them and be able to admit when we are wrong. Or should I try to date someone else?
I have not had much luck in this department. I have saturn in aquarius at 29 d in my seventh house. I tried the older guy thing and that did not work out for me. I met many lovely men and had some good relationships and some bad ones but they were never meant to be cause something would happen and get in the way.
All relationships have challenges right? So, why would this one be any different.
I guess, I should try or I might end up all by myself. Ya, I am already 44 and have never been able to get myself to get married because I was always searching for the right person. Thanks for answering. I do have a question. Time period factor. I do not understand how that works and what the significance of it is entirely. Cause venus is so close to the 7th house right, but officially it would be in the 6th house. So, the timing of the question or the issue is it going to be a cadent/cardinal time or a angular/cardinal time....
So, will I start seeing results in 60 days or in 5 years (60 months divided by 12 is 5 years sheesh).

thanks

Well, I'll say something that is not popular in this forum, but you should start with your compatibility based on the Chinese calendar, and then tweak your synastry thru the Western chart. You 1965, a Snake? Hey, I'm a Rooster.
I thought you were a guy so don't worry so much about compromise, women are generally much better about doing that naturally than guys (for him it takes WORK!)

archergirl

I hate to put a damper on this conversation, but, WorldSpice, there might be a problem with your question because you are making the assumption that the relationship will work out. :) I find your descriptions interesting: "how long before I can make it work". Your questions show that you are very confused about what the real issue is: is it 'will the relationship work' or 'how long will the relationship last'? You cannot possibly expect to get an accurate time-frame if you don't know what the question is!

In your chart, you are Venus, sitting on the 7th angle, in the sign ruling the 7th. This shows that your boyfriend has all the power in this relationship; you are in detriment in the house opposite your own. This does not show timing. This shows that you are vulnerable and probably in love with this person.

Mars is applying to Venus by a sextile (normally this would be the opposite, but Mars is fast in motion right now, and Venus is slow in motion, so Mars is in essence slightly faster at this time), which shows the possibility of the relationship continuing...BUT, and here's a big 'but'...Mars conjuncts Jupiter first.

What this suggests is that Mars will perhaps go to 'someone else' or something else will get in the way, because Jupiter impedes the perfection of Venus and Mars. Jupiter rules the 3rd house and the 6th; perhaps a neighbour? A co-worker? Maybe he moves away? The Moon does not assist you; it applies first to Mars and then to Jupiter, bringing the two planets together, even more, and the Moon is in Jupiter's sign. As Lilly says in Christian Astrology:
"Two dogs quarrel, a third gets the bone."CA113
This is not an encouraging sign for a relationship that is going to continue. Mars views Venus only by face, whereas Venus sits in Mars' domicile; this shows that the feelings of both people are uneven; Venus has more invested in the relationship by being in Mars' sign.

This is why I would caution people to be sure of what they are asking. There can't be a timing in a question, when the answer to the question shows something rather different than what the querent thinks they're asking.:(

AG:)

Last edited:

WorldSpice

dquetzcoatl thanks actually i am a girl (the last time I checked) and a dragon , well wood dragon and he is born the year of the dog, we are not supposed to be compatible but we get on fine, he is younger then me, my sister is a dog and we get on really well as well, she is an aries though and i am a sag, but thats not enough, information, he is a pisces, just had his birthday, his moon is in libra, not sure about ac yet, my moon is in cap, and my ac is in leo, he is the most social pisces i have ever met, he is warm and gregarious, he loves to talk, so maybe he has gemini ac, i am not sure....
will find out.....
archergirl, you are right the question is not right, i am throuwing it out, cause events are unfolding anyway, i am not sure what brought us togther, perhaps it is providence or serependitity, i am not sure i can spell this morning cause, i was kept awake by a noisy neighbour....
i will come back to this post later thanks to both of you
and

WorldSpice

if i change the question can i make a new horary chart for this relationship cause things have gone another way and i want some insight into it
do i have to wait three months before asking another question again???

archergirl

No. There is no 'three month' waiting period; that is sort of an arbitrary time period. What has to change is the actual situation, which can change in an hour or a year. Again, it pays to be honest with oneself when asking questions; think about what you (or the querent) are really asking.

starlink

A question like this one:
"will this relationship work out"
can only be answered by a Yes or a No. I dont think timing can be done in this case, as also Archergirl pointed out.

also i need to understand what this time thing actually means
is it how long the relationship will last, or how long it will take to work things out or make the relationshp work....

It all depends on the exact question. there are basically two questions here:
how long the relationship will last (hypothetical example:The relationship will last 5° = weeks, month, years or indeterminable time)
how long it will take to work things out (hypothetical example:it will take 5° = weeks, months etc. to work things out.

This is just to show that both questions can give the same time frame when asked separately (different horaries). But as said before these sort of questions cannot give you a timing. You can only ask: will this relationship be a success? using house 7 and 10 (success). If you get a yes, then it really does not matter how long it will take I would think:)

Only questions like :"when will I get the letter" are good questions for timing, because you have the significator of the letter which has to make an aspect with the significator of the Quisitor (or vice versa)and the degrees between them can give an indication of time.

http://www.google.ch/search?hl=en&q=Timing+in+Astrology%2C+Frawley&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

WorldSpice

Archergirl and Starlink
Thank you for posting your response to my query. I truly appreciate it. I do have one more question. Right now, venus is retro and if I am asking a love or relationship or romance question will this get in the way or affect the question?
How do you deal with retrograde planets in a horary chart by the way?
thanks World Spice

archergirl

Retrograde planets will naturally have an effect in questions; there are no accidents in a horary chart. What the retrograde means depends on the question. It can suggest either returning to something, or someone changing their mind, or something that will change and change again, or something that reoccurs.

WorldSpice

thanks Archegirl, that really helps. Okay I am going to make another question and get more specific and really ask myself what it is I want and want to know.

thanks again you are great

WorldSpice

So, we have not been talking much and we are both angry with each other. It is a bit of drama. I decided to go with asking the following question. How long will it take to work things out between us?

The ac is in Taurus, which means the querent, the first house is ruled by venus, but venus is in the 12 house and retrograde. Venus is also in Aries and that in its detriment right.
I see the moon is making its first applying aspect to the sun at one degree approaching.
Venus is making it's first applying aspect to mercury at 2 degrees approaching.
It is semisextile. The moon is in the seventh house. The dc is right on my own natal venus. I am not sure if that is at all significant in these horary charts. The moon is in the seventh house. That emphasizes for me that this is really about relating to the other. The quesisted in the 7th house because this is now a relationship question and the quesited is ruled by mars. It's traditional ruler.
Mars in the 11th house at 0 degrees pisces. This is a critical degree right?
Aspects between venus in aries and mars in pisces are sesquisquare at 2 degrees seperating. That is not good. That indicated that the matter is over???

i am just finding additional information on judging the aspects between the two signifcators and semi squares do not apply. Only applying aspects are considered. The only applying aspect is a square at 0 degrees approaching.
Since, the fourth house from the 7th house is studied it would be the tenth house that we look at. Because I have that square there will obstacles.

well the only major planet in the tenth house is jupiter and the tenth house is ruled by saturn and saturn is in the 5th house...????Does that mean anything?

Assessing the last major aspect made by the moon???
Celeste Teal says that this is the most important thing. I am having trouble figuering this out. I do not understand this concept very well. I need some enlightment on the subject of discerning applying and last seperating aspects.

I think in this case taking only the traditional planets that it must be the square to jupiter which is in the 10th house already.

some other obstacle, and it has a jupiter nature to it....some problem with expansion....
and the answer to this question will be answered
the timing factor
the ruler of the querent is in the 12 house a suceedent house and venus is in a cardinal sign so that is in weeks, i must look at the degrees between mars and venus for the time in weeks....
there is 43 weeks

how did i do
i know i missed a lot of other stuff
that i still do not know about in horary

WorldSpice

oh darn it
its not a suceedent house
i have to mermorise these sheesh
angular houses 1,4,7,10
suceedent houses, 2,5,8,11
cadent houses, 3,6,9,12

so cardinal sign in 12th house