When will her divorce be final?

sandyv63

I am posting this question for a friend who has been in the process of a divorce. Unfortunately she is married to a real SOB and he has been making this difficult for her. She's been married to him for 14 years and has finally realized that she's suffered enough abuse. She was mortally terrified to proceed with the divorce, but I encouraged her and told her that her natal chart showed someone with more courage than she believed she has. I am so proud of her so far but her future is far from certain. She is mostly concerned about her 2 young children. Up until she actually filed for divorce, her husband showed absolutely no interest in them. They were more of an annoyance than anything. She was the total caregiver while he spent no time with them. He would even do his own thing when they went on family vacations. Of course since she filed, he's done a complete 180. Well, kinda. He does not want to pay her anything in child support so he is fighting for custody. He has been manipulating the children terribly (I mean this guy has no conscience about using his children to further his own agenda) but he's finally spending some time with them. Whether or not that is to their benefit is best left to the psychologists to determine (and astrologers, of course!) She wants to know when the divorce will be final and she also wants to know how custody will be determined, i.e., will it be 50-50 or something else? I am including a horary chart, her natal chart and a solar chart for her husband as we do not know his birth time.

I am not very good with horary astrology but what I can surmise from the horary chart is this: Mars is in the first house, showing her desire to be free of him and her need to express her individuality. The 7th house only shows Chiron, which I interpret as this marriage being permanently wounded. Neptune in the 8th shows his real intention of not wanting to pay any child support. The Sun, Venus and Mercury shows all the support and encouragement she's been receiving. I am hoping the Uranus placement in the 9th house indicates her recent change of attorney. The three placements in the 6th house might show that this divorce requires plenty of hard work and attention to detail. I am sure I am missing the bulk of the information given in this chart so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• divorce regio.gif
    divorce regio.gif
    37.8 KB · Views: 27
  • wendy_natal.gif
    wendy_natal.gif
    87.4 KB · Views: 19
  • kevin.gif
    kevin.gif
    73.2 KB · Views: 14

archergirl

Hi there,

Can I clarify, did *she* ask the question and you did a chart for her, or are *you* asking about her situation? It matters a great deal to how the chart is read. The reason being, you have asked a question with 'her' as the subject, and not 'my' (as in 'When will my divorce be final?').

Thanks!
AG:)

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Sandyv63
I'll take a stab at it.
If you're asking about your friend, then we'll use the 11th house for her. She is then Venus, essentially strong and well-placed in the 11th house. She is no longer combust either, as the Sun has now changed signs so for this short time being, she is seeing clearly! Maybe that's why she is divorcing now, as she can finally see what's been going on. However, Venus enters Gemini very soon, and she will then be combust again, which weakens her considerably.
Her marriage is her 7th house, the radical 5th, and is ruled by Mars. The 'end of the marriage' can be seen as the 4th from the 5th, or the 'end of the matter 'of the marriage. This would be the radical 8th, which is ruled by Saturn. This makes sense, as chiron is on the cusp of the 8th, showing her angst about all this, neptune in there as confusion, but the north node too, showing she;s going in the right direction, and the part of fortune is there too.
Venus does not aspect Saturn currently, but after she changes sign she will. It is her next direct aspect, but it will be a square. There needs to be a change of circumstances first, and then she will hit Saturn. This could mean delays and obstacles etc....as can be expected, but it will aspect it in 3.5 degrees. Months?
You can also use the arabic part of divorce as a timer, but don't know how to use it in a turned chart.
Mars is the natural ruler of divorce, but in this chart it also ruler her hubby, so maybe can't use it.

that's my best delineation.
We'll see what others have to say
cheers :)
barbh

sandyv63

Much of what you say makes sense. Her seeing things more clearly is because she finally moved out of the house (because he wouldn't, even though he had an empty house to go to.) It could also mean her new lawyer. He's a good one and has an enormously good reputation for winning. He flat out told her that he is a word of mouth attorney (meaning he gets his clients through previous happy clients) and therefore he only takes on cases he feels reasonably sure he can win (or in this case, get her a fair settlement.) I know it sounds sleazy, but he did take her case and he is doing a rather good job (especially compared to her previous lawyer.) Her husband will throw all kinds of roadblocks her way because he does not want to pay her anything, and he wants the house. This is a 50/50 state so he can dream on. The Saturn might mean the work she's been doing and will continue to do on herself. She is a different person now but still developing. She's not a doormat anymore, which is a huge step for her. She has really been holding hew own. BTW, she filed for this divorce in July, so its almost been a year.

Oops, I alost forgot to add that I am grateful for your interpretation!