Mercury in Aquarius or Pisces?

KayBug

I know that Mercury is a speedy little planet but I don't know how fast it travels through the signs. In my chart, Mercury is at 0 degrees Pisces 24' 10". Of all that I have read I feel more like Mercury in Aquarius. Can it be possible I am Mercury in Aquarius rather than Pisces?

KayBug

El_Nagual

Mercury travels about 1 grade each twelve hours. If your mercury is in 0 grades 24 seconds pisces, that would mean the time of your birth would have to be at least 5 hours earlier to match the aquarius position. But doing this would also change all your houses and ASC by about two signs.:rolleyes:

El_Nagual

Mercury is "in Orb" with aquarius, so yes, it could be considered to have both signs influences. There are no squares, corners or boxes in mother nature.

Ekim86

I thought this was a great topic. I have my mars placement at 0 degrees 17 minutes pisces and I also thought about this. Is it more Aquarius or pisces? The nature of the signs gets intergrated excellently when entering a new sign. You would have inventive thoughts (aquarius) to dissovling thoughts(pisces) Which really don't seem too different. Aquarius has a humanitarian edge about it, but pisces is also known to want to help others. Mercury is very adaptable in signs, unlike other planets. My mars placement for instance is more easily identified with, being a more aggrasive planet. I'm a very passive male, Physically. No fights under my belt at all. (Mars rules action) I attribute this to pisces being a more mutable sign and can also be less stubborn then Fixed aquarius. However, in the intellectual department I can be stubborn. I'm indeed a pisces male cause my physical action relates to mars. Mercury is somewhat strong in Aquarius, liking its airy quality as opposed to the emotional plane. The details only you can figure out really. If you wanted to classify yourself as stricly one. Check out your writing style, maybe you wrote a story to which you could indentify a sign with. Does your story seem more pisces or aquarius. Wow look at all my babbling!!:rolleyes:

I would say no, it is not on the cusp, it is in Pisces. It says 0 degrees 24' Pisces for a reason ;) Even 00 degrees 00 Pisces is Pisces in my book, only if it is at 29 degrees 59 Aqua(or before) is it in Aqua.....

Thats just my opinion though........:)

El_Nagual

I´ll say that there is a 30% - 70% influence in this case. Mercury is in Orb to Aqua, so to say that only pisces has an influence in mercury would be wrong from an astrological point of view. Denying this would also deny that aspects are posible within a certain range of degrees between the planets' exact aspectary positions.

wilsontc

Staff member
orbs for degrees not signs, to Nagual

Nagual,

You said:
Mercury is in Orb to Aqua, so to say that only pisces has an influence in mercury would be wrong from an astrological point of view. Denying this would also deny that aspects are posible within a certain range of degrees between the planets' exact aspectary positions.

Orbs have to do with whether or not something is in aspect by degrees to something else. There is no choice between two different aspects. Either the aspect is there or it is not. Orbs have nothing to do with signs. And, even if we apply the same logic as orbs, we would say either a planet is in a sign or it is not* (i.e., the same way an orb is either in aspect or it is not).

Orbing,

Tim

* The only way this changes is (as tsquare says below) is to use a different astrological system to determine the sign.

Last edited:

tsquare

Hmmm...
Mabie try looking at your chart in Sidereal.
That would put your mercury in aquarious.

I have had insights using sidereal as well, yet haven't chosen a system as of yet.

Tsquare

PS: if your using Astro for your charts there are two chart selections in astro(geocentric), where you can select sidreal for a chart, it's in options across from zodiac, both are slightly different but I couldn't specify exactly, I have noticed though that they are about 1 degree off by planet placement from one another just by slight observation.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I agree with Looking to Jupiter and Tim. There are no orbs for Signs, they are they're own little 'houses' and either a planet is in them or not. I have Juptier at 0°26' Cancer. I definiately notice the Cancer. ;)

El_Nagual

Again, I insist that using the same logic that allows aspects to be in orb withing a certain amount of degrees, so it is posible to planets be in orb with the former or next house within a certain number of degrees.

The houses are not divided physicly as, the day and night don't star with a switch going from cero light to 100% light in 1 second. I find unatural thinking saying that a planet has only the influence of it's inmediate sign even though it's at less than the first degree.

The logic to explain why planetary aspects are "Within ORB" even though they are not on exact aspect, it that as us, the planet has an "aura" that extends beyond it's physical Orb, and that's what really causes the planetary influence, planetary influences are really thoughts or vibrations. See Masaru Emoto's work with crystals for more insight.

Many people can feel when somebody is near them of behind them withouth actually hearing or seeing them, that's because the other person is "in Orb" with his/her aura. And that why many persons also feel sometimes invisible prescences that are really there even though the eye cannot see them.

El_Nagual

If a planet is compared to a cell and a constellation (Sign) is compared to a whole body made of stars and planets, wouldn't have one too? Hope it answers your question.

Ok, I somewhat agree with you, and the whole universe is a living organism.
I just dont think a constellation is compacted enough to deliver anything like a planet does, and therefore doubt it can have an aura, that you would connect with orbs. I dont know, I'll admit this is just my ramblings. I dont have any planets on the cusp to draw experience from, to relate to this discussion. But I would like to add, that the planets are rulers over the signs.......maybe thats worth some thought.

lexia523

HI EVERYONE

My daughter is born 22/5/92 adelaide 1.20pm
sun is on the 1st day of gemini.. but let me tell ya she is all gemini :rolleyes:
i love gems but living with one takes getting use to,
and some great ear plugs haha....

my point is this.. i thought that was her only gemini placement.and that 1deg sun she was all gemini, so i find no matter what deg u are .. you are all that unless inflicted .

ive never looked at her chart b4...
she is leo asc.. so sun on mc in gemini.. is that why she is really consiencious about others see her ! (apart from being a teen that is)
and her 11th house is also gemini.. that would explain that at least 5 friends of hers are gemini suns ... anyone want to through a teen part at there house for me ...?? ahhhhhh no takers:D

KayBug

I understand some of the astrological discussion on the thread about my Mercury placement. I have done a bit more reading about Mercury in Aquarius/Pisces since posting this thread. Regardless of the astrological aspects I have found I am definitely more Mercury in Aquarius. I realize Mercury is fall in Pisces and that doesn't bother me as I know what to expect and I do have some of the Mercury/Pisces traits but much more Mercury/Aquarius. I always wondered why the Mercury/Pisces didn't seem to fit me that well and after some reading I know now.

KayBug

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
The logic to explain why planetary aspects are "Within ORB" even though they are not on exact aspect, it that as us, the planet has an "aura" that extends beyond it's physical Orb, and that's what really causes the planetary influence, planetary influences are really thoughts or vibrations. See Masaru Emoto's work with crystals for more insight.

This is called the Orb of Moeity and again is only used for aspectual relationships with other planets. A Sign is a Sign and either a planet is in that Sign and carries the characteristics of that Sign or it is not and does not. There really isn't any 'ifs' 'ands' or 'buts'.

To use the Orb of Moeity as an argument for "blended" Sign meanings can really get you into trouble. Mercury, Mars, and Venus have an orb of 7°, that's fairly early or late in a Sign, perhaps that could work. Jupiter and Saturn have an orb of 9°, that's starting to stretch it a little bit. Sol and Luna, however, have orbs of 15° and 12 1/2° respectively. So, no matter where they are in a Sign they will almost ALWAYS have a "blended" meaning because of the enormity of their orb that could easily stretch one way or the other to "cross" into another Sign. Signs, though, are immune to this Moeity Orb's influence, as Out Of Sign aspects are not counted in traditional astrology.

So, if you're going to argue moeity, you're going to have to follow all the rules, and you'll find those are going to be tricky. :)

El_Nagual

Only experimentantion and observation will tell, but I've got a planet that is in Orb with the following sign and I have found the influence to be mixed, I does not ajust to a pure description on the sign. Also in the people I know personally who also present planets very near the edge of a sign the influeces become mixed. Nevermind the books and trust your observations, astrology is science in need of experimentation and less speculation.

I my experience I´ve found that an orb of 3 degrees or less presents mixed references to a sign.

I guess your right there El.:)
I dont know why I didnt see it earlier.....(durr!)
Your 3 degrees makes too much sense! Now that I think about the place I am mainly focusing my astro studying......horary, its pretty plain to now see why you are right..... *eating my hat*.
Horary considers a chart before it is read, to see its worthiness. It doesnt consider that the asc in the first 3 degrees or last 3 degrees of a sign, worthy of reading (except for some special circumstances)....I wonder why?:D

This late realization, of whats going on, has got me thinking about heaps, about these orbs with the signs. Its bound to effect the houses as well, at times...... two signs sitting in orb with the cusp of a house...I am not sure, but i will be watching out for it....

Thankyou, for breaking my wrong ideas here...
Glad you persisted on this subject.......;)

L2J