Mars conjunct Neptune

The_Sundance_Kid

I'm thinking particularly in Capricorn.

Alot of people I know are of the 1988-1990 era, when Saturn Uranus and Neptune were all in Capricorn. I have several charts where Mars is conjunct Neptune, but is widely conjunct the other planets too.

I was wondering what people's experiences are with Mars conjunct Neptune. I don't know my subjects well, but here are some observations:

1) Might have masculinity issues- the image of masculinity is overly important, even though they retain an ethereal and slightly feminine aura. Contrast to a Venus Pluto conjunction.
2) Sexuality issues- linked to 1
3) Cannot say no, esaily swayed
4) Deceptive
5) Mars beats down Neptune into a pulp. Neptune dies, Mars wins. These people are Neptoon-less.
6) Neptune throws acid on Mars. Mars screams and melts. Neptune wins, and these people have no drive, or passion.

Vista

The_Sundance_Kid said:

Alot of people I know are of the 1988-1990 era, when Saturn Uranus and Neptune were all in Capricorn. I have several charts where Mars is conjunct Neptune, but is widely conjunct the other planets too.

I was wondering what people's experiences are with Mars conjunct Neptune. I don't know my subjects well, but here are some observations:

1) Might have masculinity issues- the image of masculinity is overly important, even though they retain an ethereal and slightly feminine aura. Contrast to a Venus Pluto conjunction.
4) Deceptive
5) Mars beats down Neptune into a pulp. Neptune dies, Mars wins. These people are Neptoon-less.
6) Neptune throws acid on Mars. Mars screams and melts. Neptune wins, and these people have no drive, or passion.
1. Can be very charismatic
2. People will listen and take orders from them
3. Can suffer from bad drug reactions
4. While they can be deceptive, they also may act in secrecy or their movements are surrounded with mystery.
5. Good aspect for actors as it throws glamor around oneself and makes them rather appealing to the public as someone lovable.
6. Good aspect for a professional artist or someone who deals with art in some way.

aquarius7000

Mars beats down Neptune into a pulp. Neptune dies, Mars wins. These people are Neptoon-less.
Actually, this is quite unlikely, as Neptune, even in its supposed 'inaction' and mellowness, is the stronger of the two. Maybe this is the Neptune veil or fog that does not let one see its real power. A conjunction is considered to be the strongest of all aspects in which a fusion, or a complete mixing of energies takes place, and, in the Mars-Nep conjunction, the Neptunian energy dominates. Whilst inner planets have more closely felt, day-to-day, and seemingly direct effects as fast-moving planets; the outers have more long-term, usually irreversible and stronger effects, which usually take time to fully manifest themselves. Neptune has the power to dissolve a lot of that Mars energy, gusto, power to act and agressiveness. It can shroud Mars in its veil of confusion and fog, put its fire out to a large extent, and thereby decapactitate it in a way that Mars cannot act in its full force. This way, it can make Mars quite submissive. Thus, a person with this aspect can feel quite 'lame' and listless, and without energy, drive and the will to put thoughts/plans into action as opposed to a person without this aspect, and a more 'free' Mars, so to speak. A Mars-conj-Nep person can next-to-never be as agressive, overflowing-with-energy-and-passion a person as one without a Nep-Mars aspect. This I have studied often in charts and real life.

:)aquarius7000

You can struggle to establish what your real aims are, action can be combined with sensitivity Mars in earthy Capricorn may dominate the conjunction more as it's exalted in this sign, but still the energies need to be more directed, obviously try to be clear in all your actions.

I just remembered John Lennon has this conjunction but placed in Libra so the conjunction was Venus ruled he was a peace activist, artist, singer, dabbled in drugs etc. A Saturn ruled conjunction wants to contribute something tangible to the world.

The_Sundance_Kid

So we're thinking the consensus is for 6) Neptune throws acid onto Mars, making him melt?

Listlessness, foggyness. John Lennon and Bill Clinton had/have this aspect. Loverats? Maybe people who could say no if they wanted to, but don't see any reason not to? Not victims, but apathetic participants?

When in Capricorn do you think Mars might dominate a little more, especially with Saturn in its own sign and Uranus, both hovering within 5 to 6 degrees.

I have a Venus Pluto conjunct so am trying to understand my 'opposite' as it were, especially as I encounter quite a few. Also alot of people I know have Cancer Venus' opposite their Capricorn Saturn Uranus Neptune conjunctions. I don't ask :\

Claire19

Shining Ray said:
I just remembered John Lennon has this conjunction but placed in Libra so the conjunction was Venus ruled he was a peace activist, artist, singer, dabbled in drugs etc. A Saturn ruled conjunction wants to contribute something tangible to the world.

I have an exact conjunction Mars Neptune in Libra 8th house. It has drawn me to investigate the occult and the intangible. I have had contact with a lot of people with addiction problems and been involved in the saviour/victim scenario. Attraction to weak men but not respecting them ultimately.

As my chart ruler is Neptune I have variable energy levels and like conditions for sex to be just right, flowers, music, lighting, scent and pretty surroundings. I dont like coarse or vulgar men but like a bit of action with sex, mock aggression etc.

Claire19

aquarius7000 said:
Actually, this is quite unlikely, as Neptune, even in its supposed 'inaction' and mellowness, is the stronger of the two. Maybe this is the Neptune veil or fog that does not let one see its real power. A conjunction is considered to be the strongest of all aspects in which a fusion, or a complete mixing of energies takes place, and, in the Mars-Nep conjunction, the Neptunian energy dominates. Whilst inner planets have more closely felt, day-to-day, and seemingly direct effects as fast-moving planets; the outers have more long-term, usually irreversible and stronger effects, which usually take time to fully manifest themselves. Neptune has the power to dissolve a lot of that Mars energy, gusto, power to act and agressiveness. It can shroud Mars in its veil of confusion and fog, put its fire out to a large extent, and thereby decapactitate it in a way that Mars cannot act in its full force. This way, it can make Mars quite submissive. Thus, a person with this aspect can feel quite 'lame' and listless, and without energy, drive and the will to put thoughts/plans into action as opposed to a person without this aspect, and a more 'free' Mars, so to speak. A Mars-conj-Nep person can next-to-never be as agressive, overflowing-with-energy-and-passion a person as one without a Nep-Mars aspect. This I have studied often in charts and real life.

:)aquarius7000

I agree it is an energy sucking combination and makes the native rather languid and laid back hence giving more grace. An absolute abhorrence of violence and cruelty which can bring one to tears. It can make for passive aggression and not likely to be physically aggressive. Death can occur when asleep or through stroke and coma.

Last edited:

Krisz

Hi!

I have Mars conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius, in 1st house.

I'm currently in the Saturn-return age (so partly because of that), I start to realize my own passive aggressive motions, esp. in relationship issues.
In my early years (first 2 decades) I had been more passive, dreamier about important life issues (carreer, house, partners, etc.) - probably Neptun had been working on veiling Mars, not to allow to realize, fulfill my own potential.
But during the last years, I continuously discover and work about these issues.
To show a mundane issue: I have Mars in Sag, 1st house - that would certainly boost that I like to do sports. But actually I never had been (always had ideas that I will start 'tomorrow'). In the last years I found sports related to Neptune: I do swim, I dive (and for a short time I even had done yoga) - and these watery sports became regulary practiced and very 'real' part of my life!
So maybe one way to lessen the effect of Neptune is not to fight against it, but to 'humor' him :D.
About my passive aggressive motions - I just have to realize that I will find a valuable person if I consider myself also as a valuable, rich person on my own. And not only consider myself like that (Neptune), but also DO something for it (with the help of Mars). I just have to find something in this aspect to humor Neptun with :confused:.

Krisz

DevilshAngel

Interesting, I never noticed this in my chart till someone pointed it out.
I have mars conjunct neptune at 0 in cap in my 1st house. I guess it may be pretty noticeable in me then.

Claire19

Interesting, I never noticed this in my chart till someone pointed it out.
I have mars conjunct neptune at 0 in cap in my 1st house. I guess it may be pretty noticeable in me then.
so how do you look??? Is it an exact conjunction? What other aspects are made with it?

Hush10

I think this aspect alone (whatever about its sign placing) can indicate that you adopt the image that other people impart on you. I suppose it's a sort of 'inverted projection' that takes place - you may influence others subliminally or unconsciously to behave towards you in the way in which you want them to. This is great if, say, you like someone but you're too timid to articulate it, or act on how you feel. :wink:

Apparently Mars conjunct Neptune supposed to cloud your judgement - and subsequent actions taken - but, on the positive side, it confers a rich and creative imagination. Are you the creative problem-solving type?

Having your Mars in Capricorn conjunct Neptune in Capricorn would obviously mean that Mars has the upper hand, seeing as Mars is very much at home in Capricorn, with it being a little like a flowing natal aspect between Mars and Saturn. Having said that, Neptune may be the stronger planet in this combo if it's angular.

Sometimes an aspect between Mars and Neptune can suggest that the person's father was either absent or ineffective in some way during their formative years. But, of course, you'd need to look at the whole chart to corroborate that possibility.

I read before that people with this aspect - Mars conjunct Neptune - are physically graceful or good dancers. The former may be more of a likelihood for you seeing as you have the conjunction in an earth (physical) sign. :wink:

Dude,

I have mars conj neptune in capricorn, although it's rather loose. (With an orb of about 10*).

Mars is in the 1st house and neptune is in the 12th, both tied to the asc.

Mars and neptune are both trine sun.

I'm something else. I am something of a visionary warrior healer if you may. The neptunian energy does dominate sometimes and I feel so lethargic, but when I have energy I cannot be stopped. I workout and I'm rather large build at atbout 6'-1 as it is.

I think the most proper thing to say about a mars nep conjunction is the ability to assert your energy into the psychic worlds. I can perform psychic touch, heal, and even send aggression out into the universe if I need to in order to abate hostilities.

That's the uniqueness about mars and neptune coming together. Assertiveness in the Subconscious.

I'd be ecstatic if my mars and neptune weren't conjunct.

The orb is actually 8 degrees.

I still feel it.

I was considered sexy when I was younger. I have cappy rising and a pisces dwad though. I wonder if that might have anything to do with it.

I've got reddishness in my facial hair, that's for darn sure.

Some **** rosy cheeks, too.

Kenoshamaensa

My son has an amazing stellum in his 6th house of Neptune-Mars-Venus-Uranus (the first two in last degrees of Capricorn, and the second two in first degrees of Aquarius). This is both good and bad, as you can imagine. I think it does give him a certain magnetism, gracefulness, but also laziness. His Mars-Venus conjunction could also explain that, however, the sexiness. The Uranus in the bunch makes him inclined to unusual things and strong individualism. He does have a great love for beautiful things, but he doesn't have much musical ability. When he was younger, for a while, I thought he might turn to art, but that hasn't continued. He does like taking pictures. *grin*

I'll be curious to see how all this develops as he grows. He's not-quite-13 right now.

Claire19

1. Can be very charismatic
2. People will listen and take orders from them
3. Can suffer from bad drug reactions
4. While they can be deceptive, they also may act in secrecy or their movements are surrounded with mystery.
5. Good aspect for actors as it throws glamor around oneself and makes them rather appealing to the public as someone lovable.
6. Good aspect for a professional artist or someone who deals with art in some way.
I agree with this largely as an exact conjunction person......

I am into art especially seascapes and sand sculptures and photography.
I have also extreme sensitivity to drugs and I think anaesthesia.
Another danger is STDS.
Good for film actors in particular as lends a sort of glamour and mystique.
I have done a little acting but then I am a Leo.
I alternate between bouts of energy and lethargy.....I have had to learn to pace myself. As it is in the 8th house I know that I will pass away whilst asleep or due to a stroke and it may well be mysterious.

Claire19

4) Deceptive

I have heard that it gives masculinity issues yes. They can overcompensate with macho behaviour. It is also the homosexual aspect in some cases, or at least a confusion with identity.
Can be easily seduced yes or seduces others. Sometimes has trouble with not being able to have everyone they desire.
It depends on which planet is stronger and where they are placed which will be more dominant.
Can lead to a chosen celibacy at times. Secret sexual affairs and can be indiscriminant.
This is more in Libra from my experience.....

I think that in Capricorn it would give more proper attitudes and discipline. Rather more repressive and cautious, more driven to succeed even if confusion as to direction at times.

Last edited:

R4VEN

I think this aspect alone (whatever about its sign placing) can indicate that you adopt the image that other people impart on you. I suppose it's a sort of 'inverted projection' that takes place - you may influence others subliminally or unconsciously to behave towards you in the way in which you want them to. This is great if, say, you like someone but you're too timid to articulate it, or act on how you feel. :wink:

Apparently Mars conjunct Neptune supposed to cloud your judgement - and subsequent actions taken - but, on the positive side, it confers a rich and creative imagination.
Hush10, I can really relate to the description you gave. I have Mars-Neptune conj (same degree, 31' separating) in Libra, also conjunct my MC. My oldest brother has the conjunction at the anaretic degree of Virgo, and also conj his Virgo Sun by 7 degr, all in the 12th. Both of us are extremely private people, but we tend to open up very easily to one another. He is the most trustworthy person I know. We have each been deceived in the past by people we have trusted.

Looking at early photos of us both (we're both now in our 60's, and so our best days - physically - are well behind us) when we were in our early 20's I was surprised and shocked by how good-looking we both were!! We both became career teachers, and so both had to command an audience. Both of us engaged in quite a lot of public speaking in which we had to engage and entertain.

The most noticeable outcome of this conjunction for me has been the rich and wild imagination, which in turn makes clear judgement difficult. My inner life is far more `real' to me that almost anything I do in my so-called real life.

Claire19

I'd be ecstatic if my mars and neptune weren't conjunct.

The orb is actually 8 degrees.

I still feel it.

I was considered sexy when I was younger. I have cappy rising and a pisces dwad though. I wonder if that might have anything to do with it.

I've got reddishness in my facial hair, that's for darn sure.

Some **** rosy cheeks, too.
I dont think that it is close enough for a conjunction.....I wouldnt use that.
I also have rosy cheeks as Neptune conjunct Mars is my chart ruler and have red undertones to my hair which is dark..I have been hit on the head with an axe when younger and I have the strong Martian limbs which I hate.....

I have heard that it gives masculinity issues yes. They can overcompensate with macho behaviour. It is also the homosexual aspect in some cases, or at least a confusion with identity.
Can be easily seduced yes or seduces others. Sometimes has trouble with not being able to have everyone they desire.
It depends on which planet is stronger and where they are placed which will be more dominant.
Can lead to a chosen celibacy at times. Secret sexual affairs and can be indiscriminant.
This is more in Libra from my experience.....

I think that in Capricorn it would give more proper attitudes and discipline. Rather more repressive and cautious, more driven to succeed even if confusion as to direction at times.

Perfectly put claire. This is a good explanation of my mars-neptune connection.

Btw, to everyone who keeps telling me that my orb is too great, I don't care. A lot of astrologers have told me it works, and I'm a professional astrologer too.

It works for me.

Stop telling me otherwise.

Skillcoil, I have dated a girl who had a mars-neptune conjunction. It was bad news bears. She really taught me a lot about myself, but all in all, we ended up deceiving each other through our selves.

Sounds pretty on target, huh?

Regardless of MY aspect, mars and neptune is all about manifestation. Most mars neptunian characters have the ability to attract, as well as repulse. They simply have an impulse, and it affects the entire universe.

That's the aries pisces relationship.

Think about being angry and the wind blowing. Or missing your ex girlfriend, and she gives you a call.

Simpleton stuff like that, but emphasized with any mars aspects to a water planet.