Is he cheating?

hermetic

and by cheat I mean not physical cheating but something going on with someone else, as I've found some girl is sending my boyfriend messages, but of course I don't know of contents. It made me very upset.

Well, I see he is Jupiter, retro in his own house, no Venus anywhere near. And Jupiter is about to trine Mercury-myself, so this seems like a good part.

Bad part and what I genuinely don't understand - he is in detriment&fall of Mercury - does that mean he doesn't like me and I'm not good for him? or vice versa?
ANd being in Pisces he is in exaltation of Venus, which is certainly not me:sad:

Is the Moon conjunct Saturn anything significant? Does it make chart invalid? or just showing my worry over this matter?

Please help me with this, many thanks in advance

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_249_cheat_hp.894.6555.gif
    astro_w2gw_249_cheat_hp.894.6555.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 177

dr. farr

I'll give a brief take on this but it is NOT based upon standard horary:

-no, he is not cheating on you romantically (5th whole sign house from him [7th] is Cancer positing the Dragon's Tail: this is a NO answer for sex/romance aspects)
-yes, there is an intellectual involvement with another person going on: this is represented by "the 7th from him" (which is the ascendant) which I TAKE to mean another person (based on the background of the question)-Mercury (intellect) is significator here, Mercury chases Jupiter (his significator planet) and Jupiter retros back toward Mercury, and Moon chases both significators as well.
-YOU, also, are represented by Virgo/Mercury; a similar attraction on the mind - intellect level which he has for you he also has for another person.

So: a romantic challenge? No (not in my book)
Another person intellectually interesting to him? yes.

RayAustin

I don't think my delineation is going to be as positive as Dr.Farr's. Jupiter being in the exaltation of Venus is a troubling indicator, since Venus is more often than not another woman; plus we have irreception (negative) between Jup/Merc and an upcoming conjunction to Saturn which isn't positive in love horaries, generally. I am on the bus on my iPhone right now, but when I get home will give a more thorough analysis. :smile:

Last edited:

RayAustin

Hi Hermetic,
I'd have to say yes, he is. But on a communicative level, not a physical level. There's lack of an applying aspect between Venus and Jupiter, if anything Venus is moving away from Jupiter where she won't be able to be seen by him (though she'll soon go direct and move back).

I say communicative level, because Venus rules the turned 3rd house. So he is greatly enjoying her (exaltation) on that level.

Moon's aspect is going to be a negative one, as she's in the 8th from the 7th, and Saturn rules the 12th from 7th; both loss houses for the 7th. The dispositor to these two planets is rx Venus; which is going to represent something negative in love matters. To me this conjunction confirms you learning that he is cheating (12th house from 7th, secrets of the relationship) or at least learning of his secret.

The Merc/Jup trine from 3rd to 7th to me is just an unwillingness to speak about it.

Last edited:

hermetic

thanks dr. farr and RayAustin :) thank you both very much for trying to help me

I am not sure what to think now, we have had serious talk yesterday where I wanted to see how we stand at the moment, and I was assured everything is ok from his side, only my paranoia, jealousy and depression making thinks a bit hard for him.
Ray Austin, perhaps you are right, maybe there is unwillingness, thus no talk about anyone else, but I have a gut feeling he's not lying because this is the only man ever who has completely earned my trust, aside from my occasional slip ups and paranoid thoughts that he has no responsibility or control of.
I agree with your delineation, it sounds right from what I know about horary, except since I calmed down a bit it doesn't fit with the situation.
I am thinking maybe I was not in a correct state of mind when I was casting this chart. I was hysterical, paranoid and so assured something is very wrong, only because I saw he got a message from a girl that is his friend.
Plus, what bothered me is no reception for us, and Jupiter being in detriment of Mercury, that would mean he doesn't like me at all, yet we are in a very stable relationship for over a year, sure he must like me at least a bit for this to be the case :eek:

I was paranoid about other girls twice in the past and when I confronted him I felt stupid for he told me there is no one else for him. and also it is mainly caused by my insecurity, as all jealousy is.

I am wondering now - can Moon conj Saturn make horary chart invalid, perhaps?

Lions215

It's funny to me as well as so amazing how literal the Universe is.You asked the Question: Is he cheating?....Which explains why the Moon would show up in the second house in Libra the sign of checks and balances and the house of gain.The universe is very specific and so I think our questions need to be also.Is he cheating? on what? His diet? the books? This is what I mean.So I would not answer this question only because it is not very specific.I would ask the question in a diffrent manner in the future if you are still concerned and with as much detail as possible as what has led you to the question.Good luck.

dr. farr

Re-examining the chart, I noticed that both significators (Jupiter and Mercury) are in pitted degrees (see my thread on elevated and pitted degrees in the Dignities section) While I do not believe that Moon conjunct Saturn affects the validity of a horary chart, finding both querent and quesited significators in pits (blocked, rendered neutral) perhaps does put the clear "readability" of the chart in question??

Relative to Lions215 post, I fully agree about the issue of specificity: specific questions get specific (clear) answers from the Cosmos-I have posted on this matter of specificity a couple of times here on AW, and I had a huge back-and-forth disagreement with world famous horary authority Ms Houlding on this very issue (me pro, she con), on skyscript in the horary forum of that site (qv)

tikana

Hey

I think he is cheating even though there is no physical contact

1st .. jupiter is retro - to me it islike going back .. i am thinking he must be thinking of a woman from the past.

2. angles are mutable ... signs of thoughts.

Seems like he does think about someone

T

RayAustin

Hi Hermetic ... you're welcome. And yes, it's never good to make a horary in a fearful state.

Plus, what bothered me is no reception for us, and Jupiter being in detriment of Mercury, that would mean he doesn't like me at all, yet we are in a very stable relationship for over a year, sure he must like me at least a bit for this to be the case :eek:

No, it would mean he didn't like you at all if you were specifically asking about him liking you; and that's something I've figured out. If there's no reason to believe he doesn't like you because you are in a stable loving relationship, then it means something else.

hermetic said:
I am wondering now - can Moon conj Saturn make horary chart invalid, perhaps?
There's nothing to my knowledge saying Moon conjunct Saturn is a horary stricture. If anything, it might make it valid since Saturn rules his secrets. Since it is also the 11th then we have a secret friendship significator and the chart is 'radical'.

Anyway, some concerns/interesting notes
1) Like you alluded to, why is Jupiter in detriment of Mercury and into himself, and into the exaltation of Venus? You also can't ignore the irreception between Merc & Jupiter. Now what I think is, it could simply mean he's strong in the place of your weakness (ideas of him being interest in women being said weakness) and it's just negatively affecting you and your relationship with him; as you say. Mercury is hesitantly approaching Jupiter because Jupiter is in his weakness; having "faith" (Pisces..). Now I think the planet Mercury doesn't like trusting in faith, it wants actualities and logical conclusions. So your mind is uncomfortable trying to rationalize the situation with no choice left but faith.

2) A concern is the Jupiter retro significator. That shouldn't be ignored either, since it is going to describe him somehow as "damaged"; as Lilly says:

A Retrograde Planet, or one in his first station, Significator in Question, denotes ill in the Question, discord and much contradiction.
That could mean lots of things but I think you would know best. Just remember Jupiter is not in perfect shape so that has some relevance somehow.

r.a. :smile:

Arijana

Hi Hermetic ... you're welcome. And yes, it's never good to make a horary in a fearful state.

No, it would mean he didn't like you at all if you were specifically asking about him liking you; and that's something I've figured out. If there's no reason to believe he doesn't like you because you are in a stable loving relationship, then it means something else.

There's nothing to my knowledge saying Moon conjunct Saturn is a horary stricture. If anything, it might make it valid since Saturn rules his secrets. Since it is also the 11th then we have a secret friendship significator and the chart is 'radical'.

Anyway, some concerns/interesting notes
1) Like you alluded to, why is Jupiter in detriment of Mercury and into himself, and into the exaltation of Venus? You also can't ignore the irreception between Merc & Jupiter. Now what I think is, it could simply mean he's strong in the place of your weakness (ideas of him being interest in women being said weakness) and it's just negatively affecting you and your relationship with him; as you say. Mercury is hesitantly approaching Jupiter because Jupiter is in his weakness; having "faith" (Pisces..). Now I think the planet Mercury doesn't like trusting in faith, it wants actualities and logical conclusions. So your mind is uncomfortable trying to rationalize the situation with no choice left but faith.

2) A concern is the Jupiter retro significator. That shouldn't be ignored either, since it is going to describe him somehow as "damaged"; as Lilly says:

That could mean lots of things but I think you would know best. Just remember Jupiter is not in perfect shape so that has some relevance somehow.

r.a. :smile:

If it's any help to you hermetic,I recently asked a question where I was Jupiter and my ex boyfriend was Mercury,not related to ''cheating'' or being with someone else,but if it helps your info I am having a kind of text message ''affair'' with another guy,but I really,really,wouldn't say it's serious. I am enjoying him,and we talk a lot about other things ( his relationship with his ex,we kind of confide in each other ) many hot chats:devil: but that's about it,and I as Jupiter have one more guy that interests me,he is a long term interest of mine though. Strangely see,when seeing Mercury so close to Venus ( not n this chart but in general ) I would have said it's you who has someone else. as for thinking about someone else and being mutable,well,I was thinking of my ex ;) re-occuring thoughts I only had regarding the long term interest of mine. as for not liking you at all,he does,but it's just that Jupiter is conflicted you see,can't really think straight ;) so at times he likes you,at other times not,but I wouldn't say he ''didn't like you at all''.

the Moon-Saturn is important cause u see Saturn ruling the 5th turned 11th, Moon rulling his 5th,so it's a friendship with both of them wanting for more,but see ''they'' are in his 8th house of fear so I don't think ( for now ) they dare to act. you are in his 9th house-either showing he thinks of you,or that you are far from him-mentally or physiclaly, ''distant.''

Serendipity

I'm going against the grain. I don't think he is cheating. He's debilitated by being retrograde but this doesn't mean he's necessarily cheating. He is in his own domicile and alone in his own house. He's in the sign of your detriment/fall which makes sense since you're viewing him with suspicion. He's not applying to anyone else but your sig. Maybe he was having some flirtatious chats but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Serendipity

I meant the harmless kind that a lot of people take part in. Not like an emotional affair type of thing where there'd be cause for any concern.

RayAustin

He's debilitated by being retrograde but this doesn't mean he's necessarily cheating.

I don't think the rx means cheating; but it can indicate some untruthfulness or that he's not as good as she might hope to be. Jupiter would normally represent a very good man if not afflicted.

Arijana

I don't think the rx means cheating; but it can indicate some untruthfulness or that he's not as good as she might hope to be. Jupiter would normally represent a very good man if not afflicted.

I have to disagree with this a bit-Jupiter in Pisces feels at home and is not of a mean nature...maybe he only ahs problems with(in) himself.it's kind of like he is aflicting himself rather than anyone else,but I'd still see him as good willed.

and ditto what serendipity says,having some chats here and there doesn't mean anything,nore does that ''other'' person signify something remotely relevant.

RayAustin

Arijiana :smile:
I have to disagree with this a bit-Jupiter in Pisces feels at home and is not of a mean nature...

As I see it described in the texts and applied with my reasoning. :smile: :
What this affliction means is that Jupiter's normal ability to do good as a benefic is not at a 100% as I assume you know.

Normally, Jupiter in the 7th well dignified would give a good "no" suggestion since Jupiter can only do good and give a great outcome. But this is not the case. Retrograde is a serious affliction that gets downplayed too much.

In other words boyfriend is "damaged" and not going to act as good as he normally could/would.

maybe he only ahs problems with(in) himself ... it's kind of like he is aflicting himself rather than anyone else
Maybe, but Mercury is aspecting Jupiter so we couldn't quite say that.

and ditto what serendipity says,having some chats here and there doesn't mean anything,nore does that ''other'' person signify something remotely relevant.

I go by the indications in the chart via dignity placements. If a significator is in the exaltation of another other than you, that's pretty relevant. I am simply going by what the chart says and there are no exaggerations or playing-it-downs. If it was something like Jupiter in the face of Venus, what you said would apply; but it's not.

There is no solid suggestion in the chart that it's just "little chats here and there" but there is a solid suggestion of more than some little interest. What we have is Jupiter greatly interested in his 3rd house ruler Venus; he greatly likes talking to/with women. That doesn't have to mean romantically necessarily it could be general interest. You have to look at it too that Venus (another woman) is receiving Jupiter by a high degree.

Notice that Jupiter is retrograding away from Venus's exact exaltation degree (boyfriend might be holding himself back). Look at how Herschel (Uranus) is sitting right ontop of Venus's exaltation degree. Now what could something like that mean? I have some ideas but I don't want to worry the poster.

The moon's last perfected aspect is going to be a trine to Neptune in the turned 12th. That's not going to be positive aspect. Maybe I am too honest.

r.a. :pouty:

Last edited:

Arijana

Honesty is always good ;)

well, when I wrote here I wanted to say Venus looks like the instigator and what you say he is holding himself back seems on the money-from the chart Venus strikes me as the one who ''provokes'' ,here. but she is in his 8th house,so could what u said again,he is fearful of taking it to the other level,someone once said Venus in scorpio,even though fixed can act... loose, seductive,a benefit behaving in a malefic way when in scoprio,so for some reason the woman,although holding Venus in libra characteristics is behaving in a bad way...alluring him. does this mean when Jupiter turns direct boyfriend will ''move into action'' or change his mind?
as for retro,it could also signify lying,so it fits that he won't confess this although I have a feeling the querent will find out what's this all about soon enough,venus going back to Libra maybe sh ewill start behaving ok and then go back again?