Career, Job, or Work Advice

Ali

I'm new to this site, too, Leon but I think they want you to give some of your own interpretations, first.

Leon

starlink said:
Yes Leon, Ali is right. Where would you look for Career issues or work in a natal chart?
10th and 6th, along with the planets in there. That's all I really know. Reading the general descriptions about my Midheaven and the 6th doesn't help much.:confused:

Ali

The first thing you'd look at is the rulers of the 2nd, 6th and 10th. Second because it rules the money you'd make at a job. Then see in what houses the rulers are. For example, your 10th is ruled by Venus which is in your fifth house.

Leon

Ali said:
The first thing you'd look at is the rulers of the 2nd, 6th and 10th. Second because it rules the money you'd make at a job. Then see in what houses the rulers are. For example, your 10th is ruled by Venus which is in your fifth house.
Money comes from family, service is work, and a career that involves a bunch of self-expression?:confused:

cassanra

I think your stellium of venus, saturn and uranus in 5th and 6th tells a good story. It implies creativity, possibly health or coworkers or daily activities and since uranus is there tying them together, ruler of the 7th , implies partnerships....thus something like administrative health or partnerships/creative solution or urnaus is also electronic thus internet....with venus sitting in the fifth creativity will be a focus. this trines the MC thus this will come with ease or you may find your way there with out effort

Leon

cassanra said:
I think your stellium of venus, saturn and uranus in 5th and 6th tells a good story. It implies creativity, possibly health or coworkers or daily activities and since uranus is there tying them together, ruler of the 7th , implies partnerships....thus something like administrative health or partnerships/creative solution or urnaus is also electronic thus internet....with venus sitting in the fifth creativity will be a focus. this trines the MC thus this will come with ease or you may find your way there with out effort
Moon the 7th house means partnerships with women?:confused:

starlink

OK Leon, like the others also mentioned, you look at house 10 and the ruler of house 10.(step 1.) The ruler of a house shows you in which area of the chart (house = life compartment) you might be interested in careerwise, or what sort of things (according to that house) could be integrated or are part of the career you choose.
The sign this planet is in colours it's dynamics.(step 2) You understand that Venus in Aries will work out different from Venus in Pisces for instance.
Your Venus is in Capricorn and shows a serious attitude or the way you go about your career. You are not very outgoing and would like to do things according to rules and regulations.
House is the 5th (step 3). 5th house deals with creativity, romance, children. So your career, if you should have a career that is (not everyone chooses to have a career) could involve creativity (as mentioned by others), maybe dealing with children. Now combine Venus in Capricorn and 5th house = doing something creative which involves maybe teaching children.(step 4).

So this is the way to follow. Then you can go further and look at the aspects Venus makes. Difficult aspects indicate that it will cost you a bit more energy to deal with these things in your career and easy flowing aspects, show that you probably have no difficulties to express these qualities in your career.

Venus sextiles Mars
Venus trines the MC
Both these aspects show ease and opportunity to take the initiative (Mars)

Venus inconjuncts the Ascendant. Could show some underlying nervousness, sometimes not being sure if people like you or not.

Venus opposes it's own house ruler Jupiter in 12th house very widely, but it is ingoing. You might not really like to work confined to a place where you dont meet others. 12th house is very solitary.

Venus conjuncts Uranus: You like a great amount of freedom within your career and do different things once in a while or you might prefer to work in a partnership or with others.(Uranus rules the 7th of "other people & partnerships, business or marital).

The conjunctions to Saturn and Neptune are too wide. Try next time to diminish the orbs in AstroDienst to 85%.

Now the sextile to Mars is very exact. Mars rules your 4th house of family (always look at which area the planets rule!) so working (teaching) at home could be an option as it seems to be difficult for you to conform to authorities or to work in a public institution (Mars opposing MC). You can be quite impulive and sometimes aggressive towards the outside world (Mars square Asc.) This aspect also shows trouble with one of the parents.

With Mars, Mercury and the Sun in the 4th house as well as Pluto who rules your Sun and Mercury, you seem to be very home bound anyways. (The opposition from Sun ,Mercury and their ruler Pluto to MC is too wide as well. Max.10° for the Sun, 8° for Merc.)

Now if you do not have a career, than looking at the 6th house of work would give some indication. Ruled by Saturn and with Saturn in there, work could be a life long issue. You could have the feeling that working is very necessary and you take it seriously. You probably are used to hard work from childhood on with that semi-square to Pluto.

The conjunction from Saturn to Neptune could show that you are able to turn ideas into reality. The exact opposition from Neptune to Jupiter could give great stimulus to your creative self-expression but sometimes your ideas could be a bit too generous or enthousiastic. However, Saturn will keep your feet firm on the ground when this should be the case.

You could create your own income. Ascendant ruler is the same as the ruler of the 2nd house. It is the Sun, placed in your 4th house, the home, so earning a living from home is indicated here. You could be your own boss in other words.

I hope to have given you something to go by. Start at the beginning, systematically (should not be too difficult for you) and take step for step to get to an interpretation. I know that in the beginning it is difficult, but it will come with practice.

Moon in the 7th shows usually that the security you seek (Moon) is found in the company with others. However, that Moon is in Aquarius and is squaring Mercury, Sun and Pluto, showing that you could have trouble with others, especially women but also that you can be the one who upsets (Pluto) the relationship with others.

The ruler of that 7th house is Uranus and Uranus after all wants freedom and independence, so the mere fact that you want this "separation" from others is the cause of the troubles you might have with other people. You keep others at a safe (Moon) distance. I suspect that your childhood plays an important role in this behavior. Venus in Capricorn might denote a mother who could have been quite cold in her affection towards you and distant (Moon is Aquarius) or not being around a lot.

Leon

starlink said:
OK Leon, like the others also mentioned, you look at house 10 and the ruler of house 10.(step 1.) The ruler of a house shows you in which area of the chart (house = life compartment) you might be interested in careerwise, or what sort of things (according to that house) could be integrated or are part of the career you choose.
The sign this planet is in colours it's dynamics.(step 2) You understand that Venus in Aries will work out different from Venus in Pisces for instance.
Your Venus is in Capricorn and shows a serious attitude or the way you go about your career. You are not very outgoing and would like to do things according to rules and regulations.
House is the 5th (step 3). 5th house deals with creativity, romance, children. So your career, if you should have a career that is (not everyone chooses to have a career) could involve creativity (as mentioned by others), maybe dealing with children. Now combine Venus in Capricorn and 5th house = doing something creative which involves maybe teaching children.(step 4).

So this is the way to follow. Then you can go further and look at the aspects Venus makes. Difficult aspects indicate that it will cost you a bit more energy to deal with these things in your career and easy flowing aspects, show that you probably have no difficulties to express these qualities in your career.

Venus sextiles Mars
Venus trines the MC
Both these aspects show ease and opportunity to take the initiative (Mars)

Venus inconjuncts the Ascendant. Could show some underlying nervousness, sometimes not being sure if people like you or not.

Venus opposes it's own house ruler Jupiter in 12th house very widely, but it is ingoing. You might not really like to work confined to a place where you dont meet others. 12th house is very solitary.

Venus conjuncts Uranus: You like a great amount of freedom within your career and do different things once in a while or you might prefer to work in a partnership or with others.(Uranus rules the 7th of "other people & partnerships, business or marital).

The conjunctions to Saturn and Neptune are too wide. Try next time to diminish the orbs in AstroDienst to 85%.

Now the sextile to Mars is very exact. Mars rules your 4th house of family (always look at which area the planets rule!) so working (teaching) at home could be an option as it seems to be difficult for you to conform to authorities or to work in a public institution (Mars opposing MC). You can be quite impulive and sometimes aggressive towards the outside world (Mars square Asc.) This aspect also shows trouble with one of the parents.

With Mars, Mercury and the Sun in the 4th house as well as Pluto who rules your Sun and Mercury, you seem to be very home bound anyways. (The opposition from Sun ,Mercury and their ruler Pluto to MC is too wide as well. Max.10° for the Sun, 8° for Merc.)

Now if you do not have a career, than looking at the 6th house of work would give some indication. Ruled by Saturn and with Saturn in there, work could be a life long issue. You could have the feeling that working is very necessary and you take it seriously. You probably are used to hard work from childhood on with that semi-square to Pluto.

The conjunction from Saturn to Neptune could show that you are able to turn ideas into reality. The exact opposition from Neptune to Jupiter could give great stimulus to your creative self-expression but sometimes your ideas could be a bit too generous or enthousiastic. However, Saturn will keep your feet firm on the ground when this should be the case.

You could create your own income. Ascendant ruler is the same as the ruler of the 2nd house. It is the Sun, placed in your 4th house, the home, so earning a living from home is indicated here. You could be your own boss in other words.

I hope to have given you something to go by. Start at the beginning, systematically (should not be too difficult for you) and take step for step to get to an interpretation. I know that in the beginning it is difficult, but it will come with practice.

Moon in the 7th shows usually that the security you seek (Moon) is found in the company with others. However, that Moon is in Aquarius and is squaring Mercury, Sun and Pluto, showing that you could have trouble with others, especially women but also that you can be the one who upsets (Pluto) the relationship with others.

The ruler of that 7th house is Uranus and Uranus after all wants freedom and independence, so the mere fact that you want this "separation" from others is the cause of the troubles you might have with other people. You keep others at a safe (Moon) distance. I suspect that your childhood plays an important role in this behavior. Venus in Capricorn might denote a mother who could have been quite cold in her affection towards you and distant (Moon is Aquarius) or not being around a lot.
Is it better to use traditional rulers?:confused:

Well in Equal house then, your Uranus is in 6th house along with Saturn and Neptune.

Uranus conj Saturn = freedom v convention. Will you do something unusal in a traditional structured manner or work hard at something different, unusual.

Saturn conj Neptune = fear of unknown, can sometimes be depressive.

all these planets in 6th house of health, suggests sudden (uranus)poss painful problems. Neptune, hard to diagnose, could appear and disappear suddently. will PM Saturn in 6th cos cannot remember author.
So what's your health like then??

Jupiter opp Saturn= see saw, jupiter wants freedom and saturn wants structure, hard work and discipline..

Venus conj uranus =classic divorce aspect. Need lots of freedom and independance. Venus in Sag can be late for settling down and likes to play the field first, or catch me if you can...

All work and career houses are Earth ie; need to do practical things. 2nd how you earn your money Virgo, wants to work behind scenes, pay attention to details, wants to play detective, dig and delve, very analytical.

Your sun conj Pluto is making you honorary Plutoian, assertive, dogmatic, Plus mercury conj Pluto would be razor sharp mind, excellent detective, researcher etc, but also capable of doing lot of damage verbally if upset

Your really could work well from home, but prob need total control, power. Jupiter in cancer (family matters) in 12th behind the scenes may make good child minder as business from home.

Last edited:

Leon

astrologer50 said:
Well in Equal house then, your Uranus is in 6th house along with Saturn and Neptune.

Uranus conj Saturn = freedom v convention. Will you do something unusal in a traditional structured manner or work hard at something different, unusual.

Saturn conj Neptune = fear of unknown, can sometimes be depressive.

all these planets in 6th house of health, suggests sudden (uranus)poss painful problems. Neptune, hard to diagnose, could appear and disappear suddently. will PM Saturn in 6th cos cannot remember author.
So what's your health like then??

Jupiter opp Saturn= see saw, jupiter wants freedom and saturn wants structure, hard work and discipline..

Venus conj uranus =classic divorce aspect. Need lots of freedom and independance. Venus in Sag can be late for settling down and likes to play the field first, or catch me if you can...

All work and career houses are Earth ie; need to do practical things. 2nd how you earn your money Virgo, wants to work behind scenes, pay attention to details, wants to play detective, dig and delve, very analytical.

Your sun conj Pluto is making you honorary Plutoian, assertive, dogmatic, Plus mercury conj Pluto would be razor sharp mind, excellent detective, researcher etc, but also capable of doing lot of damage verbally if upset

Your really could work well from home, but prob need total control, power. Jupiter in cancer (family matters) in 12th behind the scenes may make good child minder as business from home.
I have excellent health. I only get sick 2-4 times per year. I've never fractured or broken any bones yet despite my hobby of boxing.

starlink

Is it better to use traditional rulers?:confused:

I cant tell you. When astrology was born, the modern planets had not been discovered yet of course so during the larger period in history, the traditional rulers were more important. I use both and it gives me great additional info.

I have a Scorpio Asc. so Mars and Pluto rule it. Mars is in my 5th and Pluto in my 9th. Both placements are very strongly represented in my life. I am artistic and creative and I am also philosifical and have my own life vision and I lived abroad my whole life, moving from country to country.
Mars is in the Leo house, Pluto is in Leo. Mars rules my 6th, Pluto's ruler is placed in my 6th, so there are similarities to be found.
I would always look at both rulers.

tsquare

How do you feel about psychology or medicine?
Mainly I'm curious because of Saturn in the 6th, and the 4th house planets, maybe a personal trainer of some kind, rehabilitation therapy for injured athletes, or something related? Something physical while still helping others?

you have some nice aspects with fire planets, mars in it's traditional house, and the jupiter sun trine, cancer in it's exaltation.

I thought of behind the scenes activities, with Jupiter, but 12th house can signify allot of things, even power, political power of some kind.
In the 4th, all those planets there, I wonder how connected you are to your home, homeland, or family.
Sun is ruler of your chart, being the asc is in leo, and there is the conj to pluto, maybe luck in regeneration, ability to regenerate well, physically, willfully, and a strong body. The Trine to Jupiter could be a big help.

With venus in the 5th house and it being the ruler of the 10th it may just be that you are confortable with your self expression as well, not allot of need for change in self expressive, like normal things, but then there is uranus conj there and that could indicate possibly a need for allot of change, or at least creativity in how you express yourself...but with it near the end of the 6th house, it could just mean that you need allot of change in daily work, or will have a need for independence in daily work, trouble taking orders, etc...........which is interesting because you also have saturn in the 6th...which kind of like being the boss, but likes to play by the rules....unless badly aspected, then saturn can become selfish rather then dutyfull.....I'm sur you work hard at your daily work, or will , but you will expereince changes, but to get detailed you'd have to look at your progressions and transits, slow moving planets and what houses they are in.

Right now Pluto is transiting your 6th house Uranus and Venus which trine your asc. And I know this will sound convenient but I would guess you would be going through allot of changes and transformations concerning what kind of work you want to do, etc. Maybe can't make up your mind.
Pluto is an important planet for you, so I'd look at and maybe read interpreations of that transit to your natal planets, and also transits of pluto to that house, the 6th, as well as the transit in aspect to your Mid Heaven..That may give you some more insight into what you are looking for in Career, Job, or Work advice....or it may just be descriptive of what you have going on for you right now.

With jupiter and pluto and sun in easy aspects often the native has the ability to regenerate quite easily....
Water is breaking down, fire is buliding up.
Fire is the constructive activity, earth sybolises effort, fire the will.
So allong your 4th house with mars in aries, etc, I wonder how sneaky of a boxer you are, maybe you can hide your intentions quite well.

How much of a hobby is boxing or is that a way to just let off some steam?
Would you take it anywhere or think of it as a career in any way, or anything else in athletics possibly?
There is allot of energy there in the chart, with the fire aspects, I se allot of hard work, or even inovative work in the 6th house, there is saturn and uranus there, but uranus doesn't always like structures, and indaily work this can mean doing things outiside of the regular schedule, which does work, just not for people who are told waht to do on a regular schedule in a specific order or pattern.....you may want to do things your way.
Bruce lee had uranus in the 6th, he liked to do things his way.
But there is saturn, so maybe you also liek structure, and order, and a plan, get up at 5, go to work, everything in it's right place, things going as clockwork....uranus just may gove you some adaptability, but as far as what is going n right now, I'd look to transits, pluto in the 6th mainly, and it's aspects to natal planets, and the house it is now in.